[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend Heroes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: LegendHero.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LegendHero.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Can we talk about Legend Heroes?
Toku is /m/ afterall.

Watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8lZeURETyi1ITXZX1_x35-TTNnMRCZwn
>>
>>15166829
so, how 'bout those legend heroes?
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (190KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
190KB, 600x887px
Is this Thai or fan made... it feels like both lol but thanks for showing me something I didn't know existed
>>
>>15167199
Its a Korean Toku show. It seems to have a good budget, cool suits, good choreography, but the mech battles kinda suck.
>>
>>15167115
Hmm...
it seems nobody cares.

I wonder if one day /m/ will have its own /qst/odus.
We can hope.
>>
Gave the first episode a look just now. The pacing is kinda weird. It's a lot of "stuff happens" with minimal build-up. The effects and sound are kind of a mixed bag too, but at least the animation on Guan Yu is really solid.

On the plus side I dig the suit designs I've seen so far. Might watch another few episodes to see if it improves some in those other areas.
>>
I like the Cat Doctor
>>
>>15166829
Toku is technically Japanese material. You don't call Korean comics "manga". That said, iirc the show does have giant robots so still /m/
>>
>>15167815
Back after a few more and the show seems to be improving characters wise, if only a little. If nothing else it's been great for content related to heroes using their powers for mundane tasks. I love that sort of thing. The fight choreography is pretty solid too.

The mecha battles are pretty bad though, yeah. The designs are kinda cool but they're rather stiff and clunky. Kinda feels shoehorned in just because this is a thing that happens in Sentai. That said, every hero having their own personal combining robot is pretty nice.
>>
>>15167951
i mean, i dont know what else to call it besides toku. but the giant robot fights are the worst part of the show.
>>
I need to catch up with this. A friend of mine showed it to me and I love it. The CGI is a little rough but nothing too awful. Fight scenes are top notch but I expected that of Korea.
>>
>>15168153
You call it teugsu chwal-yeong (or just teugsu) like a civilized person.
>>
>>15168191
ive never heard that phrase before, so now i know.
Thanks pal.
>>
>>15166829
>Legend Heroes
>>
>>15168191
got the hangul for that? Does that cover things like the Korean live action Dragonball, Fist of the North Star, and Street Fighter II?
>>
>>15167951
>Toku is technically Japanese material.
No it isn't.
>>
>>15168972
You an always ask Angel, who seems to be a native Korean person, iirc.
https://twitter.com/lovexcare/
>>
>>15168979
>twitter
nah I don't have one of those
>>
>>15168978
>Avatar is my favorite anime guise!!!!!
>>
>>15168994
>his favourite anime ISNT Avatar
>>
>>15168965
Man that was a great scene/song. For as meh as Boy Hunters was it had some genuinely good bits.
>>
>>15167275
It's just hard to get discussion of the series since barely a handful of us are even watching it. I'm honestly surprised at how much English is everywhere in Korea though, they even file their paperwork in English?

>>15168143
The mech fights are by far the worst part of the entire show. The mechs themselves look like an intern made the suits after he wandered around their equivalent of a dollar store looking at the generic suit designs, every single one of the fights make Sentai mech fights look like massively choreographed works of art, and they go to the "Do the final attack" thing almost instantly as they form. If you watched Dairanger that's literally how the mech fights are for every episode up until 14 where I'm at so far. There was like one where they argued about combining but that's it.
>>
Legend Heroes hooks you in with charming, goody characters and fucking rad fights (both in and out of suit), then destroys you emotionally when you least expect it.

This past week's episode was not fun.
>>
>>15171646
Legend Heroes and Ex-aid are both hitting me with suffering, and i love it
>>
>>15171599
>And they go to the "Do the final attack" thing almost instantly as they form.

Yeah I've noticed this a fair bit in the last few eps I've watched. Honestly they could just do a flashy finisher on the ground and leave it at that and the show would be fine. Heck, even after the robot fight Liu Bei still has to deliver a finishing strike on the ground so what's the point.

Oh well. At least it's only like 3 minutes of an episode or so I guess.
>>
This finished airing didn't it?
Is there any sign of another series coming?
>>
>>15172705

It's only twenty episodes in, I think we're halfway through the planned season.
>>
>>15172719
We're 20 episodes into the subbed release.
It's finished in Korea.
>>
>Legend Heroes

It's not very good. I watched the first two episodes and bailed.
>>
So while we're on the subject of south Korean hero media
MiniForce
Cheerful Forest Pals who are also Dagwons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENuR0qFbHtE
I'm honestly little disappointed that the dub is so competent and unremarkable.
>>
So I'm almost halfway through the subbed episodes now and I've gotta say this show improved a fair bit along the way. The effects got a lot better and now that the plot is moving forward more coherently it's been a lot more enjoyable. The suit designs have been really solid too. Cat Doc is great and the choreography with the Flysquito duo was fun to watch.

Mech battles are still lackluster, but at least there was a bit more to them while fighting said duo.
>>
File: 1483331316179.gif (482KB, 210x174px)
1483331316179.gif
482KB, 210x174px
>>15171599
>RACE : YELLOW
I don't know if that makes sense in the context of the show, but boy did I laugh.
>>
>>15172760

It gets a lot better past that point. I dropped it around episode 6, but was talked into continuing it, and I'm glad I did.
>>
>>15173065
This isn't too bad honestly. If not a bizarre choice of things to mash together. Suit designs are pretty cool and it's nicely animated.

I'm chuckling at everyone basically having a transformer as their mech though.
>>
>>15171599
Toa Qian (MALE)
>>
>>15175081
You can tell once the master gets back the on-foot fights seemingly get far heftier and more coreographed which is great.
>>
How does one buy the toys for this show if they don't live in Korea?
>>
>>15176641
Gmarket.co.kr
You need to search in Korean though, and you also have to be very careful with some of the things you're buying. Sofubis are marked as action figures at times with the actual action figure boxart, the action figures themselves are not even remotely the correct color (Guan Yu is teal with the figure just as an example), if you want figures of Guan Yu or Zhang Fei there's both figures and wind-up toys but they either fail to show which it is or show the figures but they're the windup toys, and so on. The mechs are like $60 each, the changer is around $15ish, figures are about $8, the hero figure things are like $7 while windups were $4, and so on.
>>
>>15176674
If i wanted the changer, what would i search?
>>
>>15176751
Search 레전드히어로 if you just want "Legend Heroes" the generic term to see all they have.

Search 레전드체인저 레전드히어로 for the changer if Google Translate is translating it right, I'm getting changers and a couple other things when searching it.
>>
>>15175205
yeah I finally watched that all the way through last night, it's pretty well-assembled, even if it's basically one of those bootleg toys where they swap out one element for a different toy line, so you get the transforming heroes who call out their mecha and then in their off hours they're cute cartoon animals

I gotta make sure I download all of the dub
>>
>>15176772
thanks moose. you da man.
>>
>>15176920
Remember to Youtube the toy before you buy it, it's how I found out Guan Yu is teal instead of green. There are a couple channels that have toy demonstrations from the series. You can generally just highlight the name of the thing, throw it into Youtube, and probably find something.
>>
>>15166829
Compelling argument for not using stunt suits in close-up shots.
>>
>>15173065
Wow, the animation actually looks better than the current Transformers show.

But ugh that dubbing.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.