[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mystery science theater 3000 thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: mst3k.png (151KB, 213x271px) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.png
151KB, 213x271px
can we get one going? watching pic related right now
>>
>>15160653
Pu-ma man! He flies like a moron!
>>
>>15160653
it's trash, no thank you
>>
>>15160657
indeed
>>
https://archive.org/download/MST3KK01/MST3K%20-%20K01%20Invaders%20From%20The%20Deep.mp4 https://archive.org/download/mst3kk02/MST3K%20-%20K02%20Revenge%20of%20the%20Mysterons%20from%20Mars.mp4
I haven't noticed the third episode out yet but I'll try to keep an eye out for if it gets released at least.

Servo's ideal parents not directly related
>>
>>15160671
lol
>>
File: servogirl.jpg (70KB, 1012x946px) Image search: [Google]
servogirl.jpg
70KB, 1012x946px
I'M CUTE
>>
The reboot is going to be so awful. Just, absolutely terrible. Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt are the worst
>>
>>15161263

How many Trump jokes do you think we're going to get in the first episode? Enough to make a drinking game out of it?
>>
>>15161263
you're just jealous because

1. you're not the queen of the nerds
2. your wife wasn't in ghostbusters 2016
>>15161298
they already made gay ass gamergate jokes in rifftrax lol
>>
>>15161300

Every time I think of Patton Oswalt, I think of that time he tweet that he knew Hilary's cough wasn't Pneumonia and someone retweeted him saying "You know you have no idea Patton, if you could actually identify illnesses, maybe your wife wouldn't be dead"

I fucking died
>>
>>15161318
Patton has made a lot better jokes than some edgy alt-right 30 year old living with his parents attacking people on Twitter all day.
>>
>>15161341

I mean, if you think making star wars references is funny, maybe

The only bit he ever told that I liked was the "Steak House" bit
>>
great this thread just went to shit fuck
>>
>>15161399
The fuck did you expect? Old franchise that's been talked about a lot has a new installment coming out, and you really think people aren't going to talk about the latter?
>>
>>15161410
good point
>>
>>15161410
A new installment that already looks disappointing*
>>
>>15161410
it's a show that used to be a small independent thing that got super popular so now they have lame-ass celebs on board even though that wasn't the appeal to begin with. I used to think Mke Nelson's goon pandering was gay but at this point I'd much rather have Lowtax than those fucks.

also patton oswalt used to be an alt righter himself, was friends with the taki mag clique including the guy who drew the fucking happy merchant pic. he promoted their shit on twitter and whatnot. he was shit then and still is now.
>>
>>15161263
>Patton Oswalt
to be fair if you ever follow Frank's post-MST work you'll see similar enough attempts at humor to Oswalt's political comedy that the casting of him as T'V's Son of TV's Frank isn't such a stretch
>>15161298
I'm hoping they don't go too far in to avoid dating it heavily. They were mildly restrained on Bush REEEEEEEing in Cinematic Titanic at least.
>>15161318
I don't think I see anybody get zingers on Frank like I've seen them do to Oswalt. But "lol go back to being drunk" doesn't have quite the teeth of "lol your wife's dead" so I can see why it's not as good for online fodder
>>
>>15161300
>1. you're not the queen of the nerds

A title she's welcome to keep.
>>
for a bit more sperging over the new season I finally caught the MST3k reunion show and Jonah Ray's pretty good for timing and energy

my biggest concern is that the bots are being dubbed in post, but from what I've heard the robot on Lost In Space was a dubbed over version of the on-set banter between the guy in the robot suit and Dr Smith, so there's some precedent for it I guess
>>
>>15161493

Mike was better than Joel. Both as a host and a writer. Mary Jo being on board is good but I don't think it will be enough to counter the new actors
>>
>>15161605
>Mike was better than Joel. Both as a host and a writer.
Mike was good as a likeable host of a popular SF-themed puppet comedy show, Joel was good as a weird guy who was shot into space.

As for writing, outside of the Gizmonics Antsite and the KTMA stuff when it was mostly improv is there anything that's really solo Joel to even compare to Mike's solo stuff?

I thought Mary Jo was on as a guest shot but yeah the shock of a whole new cast instead of changing them out in bits is gonna be weird.
>>
>>15161625

Im not even bothered that they changed the voices so much, because even Bill and Kevin Murphy weren't the first bots but there was at least a consistent attempt at personality being made.

Mark my words Crow is going to become a LOL SO RANDUMB and Tom will become..I don't know a wannabe gangster or something
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>15161633
Yeah I want to give it the benefit of the doubt, but Jim Mallon proved how much something can suck with the MST name.
>>
Are you faggots going to watch the marathon on Sunday? Visit comet.tv for more details.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.