[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First 40 minutes = Great film with film quality animation. Rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: The transformers.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The transformers.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
First 40 minutes = Great film with film quality animation.
Rest of the film: A good Transformers episode with decent animation

Why is most of the film filler?
>>
>>15158727
>Great
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't think there's any Transformers media that approaches being "great."

To answer your question, I think they had the ending in mind early on and the beginning in mind, but didn't really know how to connect those two things into a story. So you have shit like the trial and the junk planet. That movie only exists to kill off old characters and to introduce new ones to sell toys to kids. That's all it has to offer as a result.
>>
>>15158750
>Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't think there's any Transformers media that approaches being "great."

The entire beginning, and battel for Autobot city is absolutely amazing. Great animation, great action, great drama.
>>
Really my only problem is that Wheelie's so annoying.
>>
>>15158880

Dinobots are annoying too. They're clearly the "kid appeal" characters. I hate their design and the way they speak too. They alos don't take their situations very seriously unlike everyone else.
>>
>>15158880
>Wheelie's so annoying.
That's the point

>>15159636
>I hate their design and the way they speak too.

Everyone loves Grimlock and the way he speaks.

I would be shocked if you even had one friend in real life. You sound insufferable.
>>
Better than the GI Joe movie where the first 5 minutes is amazing action with film quality animation, and then the rest of the movie is "eh, you can turn off the tv"
>>
>>15159741

That movie is a massive bait and switch. You WANT a movie about Cobra vs. the Joes. Instead it's some shit about some reptile people in Antarctica and the characters you love are irrelevant. I don't even understand why the Cobras go along with the Cobra-la people either since their plan is the total destruction of the world rather than taking it over. It just feels like some mini-series of the tv show rather than a MOVIE.
>>
>>15159741
You might as well turn the G.I. Joe movie off after the amazing intro.
>>
>>15158727
Honestly, I think it has to do with the constant rewrites. We don't have access to any copies of
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Secret_of_Cybertron
but, giving Dille the benefit of the doubt, I have to assume that the Junkion/Quintessa sequences were originally set inside/on Unicron's surface.
>Autobots learn Unicron is a Quintesson weapon
>Learn about the Quintesson origins, how Autobots were laborers and Decepticons were soldiers, and how they rose up.
>Inspires Grimlock to inspire Sharkticons, the Quintesson's replacement Decepticons, to rise up
>Autobots befriend Junkions, the newer equivalent of the Autobot line who use the debris of the planets Unicron consumes to do repairs
>Prime figures that since Quintessons made Unicron, maybe Cybertron has a robot mode too
>giant planet-sized slobber knocker ensues
>>
>>15159741

The GI Joe movie makes me think the Transformers movie is probably about as good a movie as we were gonna get from them at that time frame.
>>
>>15161095

That would have made the story WAY more coherent. As it stands, the Quintesson and Junk segments are pure filler.
>>
File: dinobots.jpg (460KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dinobots.jpg
460KB, 1920x1080px
>>15159675

The Dinobots look too cute. Too much curves. They should look sharp and menacing. They're clearly "kid appeal" characters. But even as a kid I never gave a shit about them. And their robot modes are total garbage.
>>
File: G.I. JIM.png (219KB, 951x757px) Image search: [Google]
G.I. JIM.png
219KB, 951x757px
>>15159741
You can't say that and then NOT post the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U

So many instances where the animators are clearly just showing off how big their budget for this scene is.
>>
File: decepticons.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
decepticons.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>Decepticons valiantly attack Unicron to defend Cybertron
>They all die
>Autobots just sorta swoop in afterwards and take over

Kind of a dick move if you think about it.
>>
>>15161121
Him Grimlock need go on diet!
>>
File: grimlock king.jpg (118KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
grimlock king.jpg
118KB, 600x365px
>>15161121

They where cooler before they became retards.

Remember when Grimlock actually lead the autobots
>>
>>15161678
Him Grimlock should have known camera adds 15 pounds of iron.
>>
>>15161684
>Remember when Grimlock actually lead the autobots

No. Elaborate.
>>
>>15158727
Because the movie, like the rest of the G1 animated series, is trash.
>>
>>15162020

Eat a dick nigger.
>>
>>15162020

tv show is goofy. movie is legit good drama.
>>
>OH SHIT, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW?
Is this the single best line in Transformers history?
>>
>>15161121
So shit taste and no friends. Good to know.
>>
>>15164837

Supposedly audiences burst out laughing upon hearing that due to the shock of hearing cursing in a transformers movie. I would have loved to have been there for those first screenings.

I was exactly 2 years old at the time though. I missed out on G1 Transformers and was into TMNT instead.
>>
File: na.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
na.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>15162020
I hope you get into a particularly violent car accident.
>>
>>15164860
At least the first TMNT movie had cursing as well.
>Raph going "Damn!"
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.