[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Gundam_serpentine.svg.png (66KB, 2000x493px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_serpentine.svg.png
66KB, 2000x493px
Looking for a way into the franchise; which series would you say are the best, worth watching and/or a good entry for a beginner?
>>
Production order.
>>
>>15158310
The original (ether movies or the show, movies trim some of the fat but the fat can be nice to some viewers). From there you watch Zeta (the show, not the movies as the movies change the ending). And ZZ and Char's Counter Attack. Don't listen to people saying to skip anything, they're idiots. From there you could watch Unicorn or branch off into OVA/AU.
>>
>>15158310
Never watch any Gundam, just drop into a thread for whatever series and say it's shit.
>>
Watch the original or the movie. Or you could watch the new OVA Gundam: The Origin, but it's not finished yet.

From where watch the OVAs 0083 Stardust Memory, and 08th MS Team.

After that you can move on to the other OVAs or Zeta, but it's pretty divisive. I dropped Zeta the first time going through it. You can probably skip ZZ and move on to another universe.

I will say most people have a soft spot for whatever series they begin with, I'm a Wing fag despite its many flaws. But anything related to Zeon and the OYW I'm also into. The rest of the franchise not so much.

>>15158324
On that, the Zeta movies are pretty confusing if you never saw the original show. Characters pop in and out and you have no real idea who anyone is.
>>
>>15158328
Best advice in the thread.
>>
>>15158310
00 is great for beginners. No background information necessary, animation hasn't aged a bit in the near-decade since release. If you like it and want to continue on with the series, I'd personally recommend the original Gundam series - as long as you accept that it was a low-budget show from the tail-end of the '70s.

>>15158318
1: That doesn't even make any fucking sense.
2: Do not do this.
>>
File: 1485670127988.jpg (96KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
1485670127988.jpg
96KB, 660x825px
>>15158310
For UC, I started with the movies. Pretty solid stuff. Also heard the show is good but the lack of Daisuke Inoue's music makes me disinterested.
Zeta is good
0080 is amazing
0083 is OK
G, while not UC, is fantastic. Same writer (or maybe director i forget which) as Giant Robo and the good parts of Getter Robo Armageddon (aside from Black Getter)
>>
>>15158456
>watching 0083 before Zeta
Why?
>>
>>15158527
How doesn't it make sense?
>>
>>15158567
OP asked for series that a beginner could get into. Saying to just watch everything is kind of a non-answer.
>>
>>15158584
Misquoted, meant for >>15158572, but since I'm at it

>>15158567
Why not?
>>
>>15158567
Because Zeta is long and boring, and 0083 is short and enjoyable. Also timeline wise it makes sense, even if you miss the cameos of Haman.
>>
>>15158530
Why is 0080 (War in the Pocket) considered good?
>>
>>15158584
And going in production order--which entails watching the original series--is a good way to get into Gundam. It's not really a non-answer at all.
>>15158586
>Why not?
0083 is a prequel; its story is structured such that it elaborates on Zeta's setting. It's hardly necessary to, but it makes the most sense after watching Zeta. That said, 0083 is garbage either way. Pretty garbage, but garbage.
>>
UC: Watch in sequential order of the timeline
>MSG
>08th MS team
>0080
>0083
>Zeta
>ZZ
>CCA
>Unicorn (OVAs are better than RE:0096)
>F91 (optional, but good)
>Victory (optional)

Origin is whatever and retcon's certain events, but you could get into that. Thunderbolt is whatever, but the MS designs are sweet.

AU:
>Wing
>G
>00

Skip SEED, IBO, AGE, and G-Reco altogether; Build fighters is whatever, but it also has some good MS designs if you're into that.
>>
>>15158598
>Because Zeta is long and boring, and 0083 is short and enjoyable.
I'd like to give OP the benefit of the doubt and assume his taste isn't shit, though.
>>
>>15158310
>Looking for a way into the franchise; which series would you say are the best, worth watching and/or a good entry for a beginner?

My heart tells me : Gundam 00 and Gundam Seed/Destiny.
My /m/ card tells me : Production order.

I'd take the first option and fuck the /m/-group think
>>
>>15158530
>twink Dva
Why haven't i seen this sooner?
>>
>>15158310
watch the current show, Iron Blooded Orphans. It requires no prior knowledge of Gundam lore and it's pretty good. Season 2 is airing currently, so you'll be able to take part in current discussion too as you catch up.
>>
>>15158627
>Recommend watching Wing
>Recommend skipping SEED, IBO, and AGE
Opinion discarded!
>>
>>15158930
yea do this OP, some shitposters will come by and tell you not to and that it sucks but just ignore them.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.