[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of the original Gatchaman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What does /m/ think of the original Gatchaman?
>>
FIRE THE BIRD MISSILES
>>
It's great. One of my favorite episodes was God Phoenix vs King Dragon because that was the 1st time the bad guy curbstomped the heroes hard. And with an even more intense version of their special attack.
>>
Watched some of it a few years ago. Looks pretty good for its age.
>>
Taosozu Galactor > Gatchaman no Uta
>>
>>15150943
Even Tatsunoko acknowledges this, since they switched the songs around for the OP and ED.
>>
>>15150943
>I'm such a contrarian hurf durf

>>15150993
Gatchaman no Uta was always meant to be the opening, it was switched around because Kamen Rider also airing at the time also had a dramatic-sounding opening song and they wanted to present the series differently but eventually corrected themselves because Gatchaman no Uta is just a much cooler opening.
>>
>>15151034
Shame about the recycled footage edited into the modified OP, although it kinda feels like watching a Western saturday morning cartoon in that sense.
>>
Goofy and very enjoyable, if it wasn't for the wanton violence it would be right at him in a Saturday morning cartoon program. The English dub (the uncut one) is near perfect, hitting the right balance of tongue in cheek and dead serious.
>>
is it fully subbed

also should one bother with its sequels?
>>
>>15151204
>The English dub (the uncut one) is near perfect, hitting the right balance of tongue in cheek and dead serious.
yeah what I've watched of ADV's dub was amazingly on point
>>
I like it, even though I think the middle of the show drags pretty hard.

>>15151329
It was fully subbed on Hulu for a while (but it got pulled), and it got re-released on DVD/Blu-Ray in the US a while back. I'm sure someone ripped one of those options at some point. There were subs before those, but they're kind of scattershot.

Gatchaman II is alright, I guess - I just don't like it. Haven't gotten to Gatchaman Fighter yet, so I can't give an opinion on that.
>>
>>15151329
It's on BakaBT
>>
>>15151204
>>15151423
The clincher is that even after ADV's restructuring years later, they still got back the cast back together to dub the other OG Gatchaman stuff they licensed anyway. That is some impressive dedication to consistency.

>>15151445
>even though I think the middle of the show drags pretty hard
Wasn't it planned to be shorter, until it got a massive popularity burst? Also, a bit amusing that the ep total wound up being 108.
>>
As a kid, if I wasn't being Batman, I was Ken/Mark/Ace.
>>
>>15150025
CROWDS was better.
>>
>>15154463
Crowds has so little to do with Gatchaman it barely warrants comparison.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.