[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with the new Voltron getting a Japanese dub, what are the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: voltron-legendary-defender.png (462KB, 670x375px) Image search: [Google]
voltron-legendary-defender.png
462KB, 670x375px
So with the new Voltron getting a Japanese dub, what are the odds of it showing up in SRW?

Given the unusual amount of focus on the individual lions, how would the combination work? Maybe have Shiro as one unit, Keith+Lance fight together as a second, and Hunk+Pidge as a third?

What spirit commands would the pilots get?
>>
>>15148575
>what are the odds of it showing up in SRW?

Zero. They'd sooner just use golion again.
>>
>>15148575
If this was Alpha, or Alpha Gaiden, we'd get the whole set, in Z we'd just get the Black Lion with an attack using the other lions who'd then combine into Voltron after X amount of will.

So expect tons of episodes to be ignored.
>>
>>15148589

For the best because tons of episode are crap
>>
>>15148575
Is it getting dubbed as Voltron, or GoLion?
>>
>>15148609

It'd actually be fairly hilarious if the Japanese re-cut it to make it a new GoLion as well as re-dubbed it.
>>
>>15148611
Why?
>>
>>15148595
I agree, It's great that the lions aren't shit, and the team can split up but we rarely get anything cool or meaningful out of it.
>>
>>15148628

Because it'd be ironically humorous that the Japanese did to the US version what the US did to the Japanese original.
>>
>>15148655
>Reintroduce the Goddess origin
>All Galra robots are Galra soldiers, wearing special mech suits, with added blood to certain shots when they're killed,
>Shiro is a huge asshole the entire time he's onscreen.
>Pidge is a man now
>>
>>15148670
gallons of blood and gratuitous violence
>>
File: 126.jpg (43KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
126.jpg
43KB, 720x528px
So who are the va's going to be?
>>
>>15148670
>Pidge is a man now
I mean, considering that they turned Beast Wars' Airrazor into a man for seemingly no reason, I could see this happen.
>>
>>15148670
>Pidge is a man now

Better: Pidge is voiced by Romi Park
>>
>>15148589
To be fair, combining units and squads are hard to make work together.
>>
>>15148766
That would be the most perfect casting.
>>
>>15148774
Yeah, but they won't bother in single squad games anymore, V (which doesn't seem to have any squad system) has Battle Bomber, and Guard Diver combined in some screens implying we don't get components.
>>
>>15148744

Doesn't Air Razor have quite visible roboobs
>>
>Shiro's name is changed to Sven.
>>
>>15149165
Only her TM II form, which isn't in the show. The show model works well enough that they could say he was a guy, it's not liker her chest screamed "I have boobs" like Blackarachnia, the problem was the show clearly had them in a relationship and it was very hard for them to write around it.
>>
>>15148575
Why the fuck would SRW put in a US derivative of a Japanese work? It's like asking why isn't Robotech or Saber Rider in SRW.

I know that Legendary Defender is a Dreamworks series that was made from scratch (though it emulates anime-artwork and mecha designs), but it wouldn't even be here if it didn't have Golion as a template.

The Japanese would view Legendary Defender with amusement, interest at how a US company (WEP) took a Japanese series and made a derivative work, or indifference. I've seen enough convos about Robotech and Power Rangers that most Japanese think it's funny to see Americanizations, but no strong feelings either way.
>>
>>15148575

Source? I can't find anything about a Japanese Legendary Defender Dub.
>>
File: golion-hiroshi.jpg (17KB, 350x269px) Image search: [Google]
golion-hiroshi.jpg
17KB, 350x269px
>>15148779
That or Masako Nozawa, if she's not too busy playing Goku.
>>
>>15148575
>So with the new Voltron getting a Japanese dub, what are the odds of it showing up in SRW?
Since the rights aren't owned by a Japanese toy company, zero.
>>
>>15150223
The Japanese don't view something being "derivative" as a bad thing. It's only really in the west where we have this bizarre notion of complete originality. We believe an idea is a thing that can be owned single person, and view any variation of that thing is as theft form the idea's original owner.

This idea is ridiculous of course. All ideas are derived from previous ideas other people had. The Tablet would not existed without the iPod, which would not have exited without the Walkman, and would not existed without the A-Track player, which would not have existed without the gramophone, and it goes on and on for everything.

I mean hell, Gundam blatantly rips off Star Wars for the Beam Sabers and Char's mask. Star Wars blatantly ripped off a Japanese movie "The Hidden Fortress" for it's iconic characters R2-D2 and C-3P0.

There is nothing wrong with something being "derivative". That's just western moralising. EVERYTHING is derivative.
>>
>>15150791
>without the A-Track player
>A-Track
but yeah the issue making this a tough sell isn't about Japan REEEEEEing at it being derivative it's Japan giving no fucks whatsoever about Golion beyond saying "what, that thing Americans like?"
>>
>>15150756
Seeing her reaction would be priceless.
>"Golion? Can't say I remember that, must be an ordinary mecha anime"
>"oh yeah, that's right, this kid was a boy"
>hears about the gender change and laughs
>>
>>15150802
>it's Japan giving no fucks whatsoever about Golion beyond saying "what, that thing Americans like?"
This. Japan gives no fucking shits about Golion let alone Voltron so its not like this remake is going to change anything
>>
File: haman is incredulous.jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
haman is incredulous.jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>>15150791
>A-Track player

I hate you so much.
>>
>>15151056
What about people who've never heard of Golion and are judging VLD on its own merits?

I mean it even has a Japanese guy as the leader of the team.
>>
>>15153333

The only ones who may like it then are the fujo crowd
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.