[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Tomino Gundam series always have the best finales?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

How come Tomino Gundam series always have the best finales?
>>
Disagree, you are posting one of the exception.

Victory has an especially nice finale compared to everything else.
>>
>>15143754
Zeta and MS Gundam have the 2 most memorable finales in the franchise. Turn A and Victory both have a bittersweet, powerful finale. Reconguista in G has a well deserved happy ending with top notch mecha action all throughout the episode. The only weak series finale he had was ZZ. The only other gundam series that have a finale with as much emotional impact has his are Gundam X and 0080.
>>
>>15143745
Because Tomino figured out that letting villains live in their own personal hell is usually a better punishment than just having them die.
>>
>>15143808
Meh, I would argue Victory is THE best one, because the MC gets the girl and lives happily ever after.

It's a top happy ending, and they all deserve it.
>>
>>15143808

I disagree that Turn-A has a bittersweet ending. The only bitter part is Sochie, and while I hesitate to say she got the ending she deserved, since that implies that she deserves unhappiness, I think she got an appropriate ending because her character is about growing up and seeing past her own issues, so a loved and lost ending feels appropriate for her. Turn-A to me has a quite happy and hopeful ending, with the Amerians and Moonrace working together and both sides moving on.

I dislike G-Reco being after it specifically because it basically invalidates the hopefulness of Turn-A and postulates that it quickly devolved in to one side locking the other down and oppressing them while they themselves stagnate and then basically reiterates it's happy ending with "and this time it was really a hopeful ending where people move on and wouldn't devolve in to one side resenting the other and re-starting the same stupid conflict for the 1000th time - honest" message.
>>
>>15144764
Not him but I felt Turn A ending was bittersweet because the story was ending and we were eaving each characters behind.

I honestly wanted more of Turn A so I got pretty sad despite the ending being happy and hopeful.

>I dislike G-Reco being after it specifically because it basically invalidates the hopefulness of Turn-A and postulates that it quickly devolved in to one side locking the other down and oppressing them

Doesn't it take place several hundred of years after ? I'll say they still enjoyed a century of peace which is pretty good for UC.
>>
>>15144841

It's less about how long the peace was, and more that the same conflict was perpetuated and people continued fighting over whether Earth or the Colonies should be in charge or of how much, when Turn-A finally seems like they're putting that conflict in the rear window and actually moving on from it. Only for G-Reco to be the same conflict again. But it's really resolved this time and everyone's happy. Honest!
>>
>>15144846
The idea of eternal peace as long as people exist is nonsense.
>>
>>15144846
>>15144851

This.

Hell, a lot of people were actually happy that a war was starting in G-reco, from the power-hungry leaders to the soldiers.
>>
>>15144851

I never said I wanted eternal peace. Wine's ending is silly because it implies that. I said I wanted people to move on from one recurring conflict. Which does happen. All the time.
>>
>>15144863
Dude, what, the conflict in G-Reco is not the same as the one in Turn A.
>>
>>15144846
>>15144851
>>15144860
>>15144863
>>15144872
Well at least it wasn't remnants of remnants of remnants of Zeon remnants starting shit again.
>>
>>15145213
SIEG ZEON!
>>
File: 1473988451297.png (302KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1473988451297.png
302KB, 595x842px
>>15145431
Zeekshit get out.
>>
File: Odelo.jpg (18KB, 225x268px) Image search: [Google]
Odelo.jpg
18KB, 225x268px
>>15143745
Contrary to all the controversy around Tomino and Victory, I certainly enjoyed the final part of the show. I'd say it was well-executed, although it left a few questions unsolved, especially Tomache's MIA status and the way Katejina found herself in that sorry state. Things would definetly be better if there was at least one survivor of the shrike team, adding some value to their deaths. Honorable mention for Odelo, brave friend to the bitter end.

I still prefer the finale of Zeta, even if some would say it's rushed. Deaths during the last episodes felt like the cruel reality of war, just as they should. Kamille's farewell with Reccoa, Katz's foolish charge against Yazan, the sinking of Radish - all of these felt more meaningful than most of their counterparts in Victory.
>>
>>15147744
>the sinking of Radish - all of these felt more meaningful than most of their counterparts in Victory.

Strongly disagree, speaking as a big Zeta fan. The Reinforce Jr. charge was a much more emotionally satisfying scene that any part of Zeta's final quarter. Both series are pretty much equal as my favorite parts of Gundam, but Zeta loses a lot of steam towards the end despite its strong start. Victory, much like 0079, is the opposite of this being a slow hike to its peak.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.