[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16

File: Tea Time.jpg (102KB, 789x444px) Image search: [Google]
Tea Time.jpg
102KB, 789x444px
Anyone here still following Appmon? This week's episode was pretty much all exposition, gaving us some backstory on AppliDrives and Leviathan as well as lining out the end goal for the heroes. Pretty keen to see some plot happen myself.

Also Timemon is pretty rad. Even if he's essentially ZA WARUDO.

On another note: The Christmas episode was dumb. People blindly following their GPS is believable, but everyone suddenly falling into despair over Christmas no longer existing just because the digital calendar lost the days is silly.
>>
I forgot it even existed. It looked dumb as fuck to begin with, combined with no subs for the first few weeks pretty much killed any interest I may have had.
>>
I was only interested in the game but I don't really understand how battles work. I was able to beat that arena and now I'm stuck at a part since there's no localization and not even a fan translation.
>>
>>15137943
I was a little skeptical myself but it turned out decently enough. I've heard the phrase "Boy Hunters done right" a few times which seems apt. The cast as generally been enjoyable and Gatchmon is probably one of the best lead mons I've seen. The way they played around with app logic was fun too, but they seem to be doing it less.

No subs is a fair point. We lost CakeSubs a few weeks ago and now we're left with WaffleSubs. They don't do too bad a job of getting the point across and they're readable, but they do sip up here and there (the most common one being "informations" instead of simply "information"). A bit clunky, but it'll do.
>>
>>15137888
It's... okay, but I'd much rather have an actual Digimon TV series.

I get that their new way of approaching things has Appmon be the Kids Show, with Digimon itself now being marketed to an older demographic, and its older members of the fanbase... But why slap the "Digimon Universe" thing on it, instead of letting it stand on its own as a completely separate brand?

If it's going to be marketed towards young children, who have in all likelihood never been exposed to the Digimon brand, why market it as being Digimon-related? It just gnaws at me.
>>
>>15137888
It's kinda bland honestly. I rather like Gatchmon and I think the fights/ execution of some of its style is done pretty well, but other than that it's just kinda alright. I don't hate any character but I don't really like them outside Gatchmon anger Dokamon. The tamers are very meh, I'm not a big fan of Eri or Astra constantly spouting their cringy catchphrases. As much shit as Haru gets he's the only one who doesn't make me groan.

It's a nice little hold over but I just want the next Tri movie to announce a new Digimon show.
>>
>>15138067
I guess it's just in case they want to reuse some appmon species as regular digimon.
Of course a lot of digimon are very unlikely to appear again, such as most of the armors, the spirits, the no-levels, and the card-game-exclusives, but still it's an option.
>>
post your favorite digimon
>>
File: keramon_by_sasakaz-d5i7yx9.jpg (628KB, 870x1040px) Image search: [Google]
keramon_by_sasakaz-d5i7yx9.jpg
628KB, 870x1040px
>>15139942
Forever and always my favorite
>>
File: digimon_sora___35_1290522063.jpg (39KB, 348x480px) Image search: [Google]
digimon_sora___35_1290522063.jpg
39KB, 348x480px
>>
>>15139942
I'll keep on waiting until she has an anime appearance, or is playable in an actual Digimon game. Given how popular Beelzemon is, I kinda wish they would have done so ages ago.
>>
>>15138067
>It's... okay, but I'd much rather have an actual Digimon TV series.
>But why slap the "Digimon Universe" thing on it, instead of letting it stand on its own as a completely separate brand?

Why do people say this? Outside of more insistent terminology there's no difference between the changes Appmon has made and other series like Frontier or Xros Wars.
>>
File: Shoutmon_X3_b.jpg (61KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Shoutmon_X3_b.jpg
61KB, 320x320px
>>15139942
I hop around a fair bit but honesly it's probably Shoutmon. In particular X3~4. Probably my favourite DigiXros sequence in the show and he had some of the hypest moments too.

Honurable mentions going to Gallantmon and MirageGaogamon. I'm a sucker for knight design motifs.

>>15140687
>gun heels

I can't decide if this is silly or awesome. Pretty cool as far as the "woman in cosplay" styled mons go though.
>>
>>15139942
Dorumon line dorugoramon, alphamon and dorumon himself in particular
>>
>>15141309
Yeah, she's basically Bayonetta: the Digimon. Though instead of magical hair, she's got a multipurpose transforming scarf. Also, the guns she carries in her hands, the Rizoma de Loto, which are (of course) the sister guns to Beelzemon's Berenja, and come with bayonets that look and fold out like a fucking combat knife.

Only main difference between her and the Angemon/Angewomon pairs is that BelleStarrmon actively avoids Beelzemon, hates his guts, and hates being compared to him.
>>
File: IMG_20161129_223054.jpg (173KB, 813x1185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_223054.jpg
173KB, 813x1185px
>>
>>15137888
I couldn't find anything I liked so I dropped it a couple of months ago. I'm still surprised at how boring Eri resulted to be for me.
>>
File: AeroV-Dramon - Cyber Sleuth.jpg (149KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
AeroV-Dramon - Cyber Sleuth.jpg
149KB, 960x544px
>>15139942
V-Tamer left a big impression on me, so V-Dramon's line is always going to be one of my favorites. Gabumon X and the Thunder Hybrids are also up there for me.

>>15143321
>Also, the guns she carries in her hands, the Rizoma de Loto, which are (of course) the sister guns to Beelzemon's Berenja, and come with bayonets that look and fold out like a fucking combat knife.

Wow. I must have seen that card art dozens of times but never noticed the blades hidden between the barrels. That's such a cool touch.
>>
>>15144314
Eri's catchphrase is supposed to be a poke at Nico from love live but the problem is she says it so fucking much and plays it so straight it feels criminally unaware and gets so fucking annoying/cringy. Astra's dumb catchphrase is more tolerable even though it's also annoying.
>>
>>15138077
>he's the only one who doesn't make me groan
Rei seems to be the most focused in his mission, but the problem is he still in his edgy phase, so he doesn't want ot join to the main trio.
And I don't blame him, I mean, the others already know all the shit Leviathan has done and could do, and they still don't give a fuck, they just want to go to school and chill with their friends, as if nothing had happened.
>>
>>15144583
We haven't gotten to know Rei long enough to decide if I like him. I thought I would like Eri but then her home catchphrase became a real one she says several times an episode. Rei could be cool but he could also stay super edge lord and be annoying. Hackmon a cute tho.
>>
>>
>>15144335
I know, right? It just makes me all the more salty that in the four years since she was introduced, all she got were appearances in two Digimon mobile games. She could have had a proper debut in a Digimon game as far back as Re:Digitize for the PSP, but nope, she got shafted hard, and not in a good way.
>>
File: Digimon14.jpg (21KB, 539x368px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon14.jpg
21KB, 539x368px
>>
>>15144594
>he could also stay super edge lord
I don't think so, when he was with his brother he was a totally different person.
I expect him to change after the rescue of his brother and I also expect Eri to change after the death of Leomon 6.0
>>
>>15146957
Don't you say that. The curse needs to be broken.
>>
>>15147033
>implying the curse will ever be broken

HAH
>>
>>15147033
>curse
It's not a curse, it's a tradition.
>>
What's the chance of seeing Haru shirtless?
Or Rei?
>>
To watch Digimon franchise: Production order, or skip around?
>>
>>15149215
Again? Unlikely. The pool scene in Episode 10 was probably it for Haru. Can't see it ever happening for Rei.
>>
>>15149234
Why not?

Regular Digimon series usually have a couple at least per show.
>>
File: Watch Everything.png (26KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Watch Everything.png
26KB, 1000x1000px
>>15149233
You already know the answer.

You can skip around if you want, but just know that a majority of the series take a few dozen episodes to really kick into high gear.
>>
>>15149304
This. If by episode 21 the pace is still the same, then it's time to drop it for good.
>>
>>15149233
Production order. There is no reason to watch 02 as its atrociously bad and actively hurts the series that came before it, same with Young Hunters. I like frontier but if you feel like dropping it it's understandable.

And I don't care about any nostalgia you may or may not have, DON'T watch the dub.
>>
File: 1484122712506.png (117KB, 683x470px) Image search: [Google]
1484122712506.png
117KB, 683x470px
>>15137888
I still watch the show, but I'm in the phase where I don't like it, but need something to watch on the weekends so I watch it anyway
I still find it silly that people are throwing a huge fit over this "NOT BEING REAL DIGIMON" even though the nostalgia series has a series of movies going on right now
>>
>>15151424
Yeah that sounds about right. I think I'm mostly watching it out of habit as well. It's enjoyable enough but not particularly up there on the priorities list. Hopefully the plot stuff picking up will lead to some good stuff in the coming weeks.
>>
>>15151493
What? You're not hyped for multiple Eris?
>>
>>15151545
Naw. I don't feel strongly about Eri either way and it feels like it may be a lil' fillerish, but at the same time it could be entertaining too. Could also be leading up to her getting a mon needed for her Ultimate as well I guess. Guess I'll see how I feel when it's up.

I'll admit that the new ED does have some pretty cute Eri going on tho.
>>
>hold off on pre-ordering Next Order because I don't have a PS4 yet
>want the soundtracks though
>finally put in an order last night on Amazon
>still no shipment estimate

fuck
>>
>>15151545
At this point I am more hyped about the Yuujin subplot of the first episode.
>>
>>15151583
Shame
>>
File: Dch-7-053_front.png (297KB, 340x496px) Image search: [Google]
Dch-7-053_front.png
297KB, 340x496px
So, for those of you who still play Digimon Heroes!, what sort of team do you run? I tend to go with a "Turn all cards into 9s + Raise card value by 1 or 2" strategy, since it leads to some pretty big damage, and on occasion, I can get 9999 damage from at least one of my Digimon because of the shitloads of chains that can happen.

I usually use BelleStarmon for such a strategy, and she combos well with Omegamon Zwart, who bumps up card value by 2. It takes the same amount of turns for their abilities to become active, and the latter is a pretty beefy Dark Digimon.
>>
>>15139942
I fall in love with him (not homo) with the ps1 games, specially with Battle Evolution (japanese Rumble Arena) thanks to his VA.
>>
>>15158041
>Raise card value by 1 or 2
it's actually Raise card value by 2... by 1 it doesn't do anything
>>
>>15158484
Right, my mistake. Either way, both Omegamon Zwart and BelleStarrmon work well with each other, since their skill become active within five turns or so, and BelleStarrmon has a medium activation chance Insta-Death leader skill, in case you feel like going full Joey Wheeler and rolling the dice on an all or nothing move.
>>
>>15159781
my combo is Dukemon: crimson mode/ BelleStarrmon and Shutumon
>>
File: Chaosdramon X.jpg (91KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Chaosdramon X.jpg
91KB, 540x540px
>>15139942
Really hard to decide. Between Examon, Guilmon line, Aegisdramon, Omegamon Zwart, V-mon & Wormmon lines.

But I think my favorite has to be Chaosdramon X!
>>
>>15151583
The soundtracks are one of those jacked up PS4 apps, not physical discs, so you're not really missing out.

Cam here to see if anyone's managed to upload them somewhere.
>>
>>15163673
Can get it free from Bamco EU themselves.

http://pastebin.com/KGPe2nZK
>>
>>15158041
How is Heroes? Is it surprisingly good for a card-based app, or is it one of those "it's a good time killer, but once you start you can never stop" like Digimon Masters?
>>
Alright, that wasn't too bad of an episode. Still felt a little fillerish, but the start was pretty cute at least. Can't complain about Dokamon getting some more screen time either.

Next episode is about Yuujin. Should be good.
>>
>>
>>15168940
>Omegamon X

TRIGGERED
>>
>>15168940
>Omegamon X
>Susanoomon and Omegamon included, but not Shoutmon X7 or Arresterdramon Superior Mode

Curse my Asperger's.
>>
>>15168940
>>15168959
>>15170229
I'm more triggered by Tagiru being in the middle than anything
>>
>>15170332
I feel putting the newest guy in the middle isn't too uncommon for that sort of thing, you either go newest guy or first guy.
>>
>>15170400
Yeah, but newest guy is shit and first guy isn't.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.