[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtual-On is /m/ too right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: vr-hatter.jpg (32KB, 290x420px) Image search: [Google]
vr-hatter.jpg
32KB, 290x420px
Virtual-On is /m/ too right?
>>
Always struck me as pretty /m/. Only ever got the chance to play it twice as a kid though. But I was always drawn in by how cool the machines were.

On a related note: I was talking to someone about the Switch the other day and they brought up the idea of Virtual-On as a Switch title using the Joy-Cons to mimic the sticks found in the arcade machines. I'm bummed this is never going to become an actual thing. Guess ARMS is kinda close at least.
>>
>Literally giant robots fighting each other
>"is it /m/?"
Anyways, SEGA could get my money if they re-released Operation Moongate's PC port but fixed the compatibility issues with modern OS.
Or just made a new one but that's more effort then I'd be willing to give them.
>>
>>15134486
Yep.

It was even in SRW.
>>
File: vr07_1280_1024.jpg (442KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
vr07_1280_1024.jpg
442KB, 1280x1024px
>>15134486
no, go away
>>
File: vr06_1280_1024.jpg (549KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
vr06_1280_1024.jpg
549KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>15134522
Talk to SEGA man, if Bomberman can come back I believe in anything now.
>>
>>15135320
Might be tough for the anon, since they're barely being kept afloat by things like Sonic, Yakuza and Phantasy Star Online nowadays.
>>
GET READY
>>
>>15135536
BOMBERMAN CAME BACK

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
>>
>>15134486
>games about giant robots
I dunno, anon, are giant robots /m/?
>>
>>15134522
This is a very interesting idea since VO's twinsticks cost a shit-ton, and its just not the same experience [IMO] with a gamepad.
>>
>>15134486
I know you probably needed a punchline to start the thread but trying asking something less retarded the next time.

>>15134522
Just like the PS2 dualshocks could, right? It'll probably be just as bad. If you are VO player and you want the twin sticks experience, you buy the damn thing, nothing else comes close. You can be proficent with pad too, although some stuff can be a pain to execute properly.

>>15135536
Hate this meme of company not releasing games for every franchise every 6 months = they are almost dead. SEGA is fine, they just don't care.
>>
>>15137659
I feel like the dualshock isn't an apt comparison since you're using your thumbs to move the sticks rather than gripping the controller with your hand. Unless they tried something weird.

With a Joy-Con in each hand you can effectively have two "sticks" to tilt as you would on the machine, and with the HD Rumble they could probably program it to mimic the sort of feedback you'd get to a degree. The side and shoulder buttons accommodate the trigger and thumb button layout too. The only real issue is they won't be firmly connected to a cabinet I guess. But still, I think it could be a neat alternative if they put the effort in.

That said I did only play it twice when I was 10, so I'd hardly call myself a good VO player. I just think there's potential there (that will very likely be squandered anyway).
>>
>>15135320
All I gotta say is SEGA's making bank with Border Break... so... that's is a stretch. Cause its hard to give a fuck about going INT with countries that pretty much abandoned arcades.
>>
>>15134736
>>15135978
For years I thought that the Virtuaroids were, you know, just virtual. Then I discovered how insane the backstory for it was. They did a real good job of making sure that absolutely none of it shows up in any of the games (beyond locations).
>>
>>15134486
My arcade used to have a virtual-on machine. I played the EVER-LOVING FUCK out of it.
>>
All I've got is emulators, such a shame. Would be awesome to play against people.
>>
So if for some reason someone wants to really play these games, there is a small but dedicated community in 360 that plays mostly OT and Force.
>>
File: 1353358430726.jpg (13KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1353358430726.jpg
13KB, 250x300px
>Nickel Nickel had dual cabinets
>they moved locations and got rid of them

Those fucking bastards
>>
>>15144410
Hello fellow SoCalfag. There's a game store in Fullerton called Lost Levels that has a bunch of arcade cabinets, including VO:OT. I think it's the same one that used to be at Nickel Nickel.

The biggest loss for me was when Nickel Nickel removed Planet Harriers.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.