[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mech design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1485076010900-1660050193.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1485076010900-1660050193.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So what does /m think of my mecha?
>>
>>15133453

the ability to cling to walls is a handy feature

also that's totally just Rom Space Knight.
>>
>>15133453
RESIZE YOUR FUCKING DRAWINGS

t. i/c
>>
>>15133453

First of all, you should have rotated and resized the pic. Second, think you can assist me with mechanical designs for a story I'm writing?
>>
>>15133453
The hips seem to lack the ability to sit down, or move forward far enough to run fast, shoulders seem to have similar mobility problems thanks to those bits overlapping with the torso so closely.

The front of the torso between those two side pieces looks rather flat, adding a bit more depth to that might make it look much better.

Maybe cover the fronts of the knees with extra bits or taller shin pieces, and a simple antenna or two to on the head to keep the aesthetic while making it a bit more visually interesting.
>>
>>15133854
>you should have rotated

filthy earthnoid with your perceptions bound by gravity
>>
needs loomis
>>
>>15133453
Personal thing, but to me, the pauldrons and head are really "boring". They don't fit with a lot of the rest of the robot, which is rounded like a human is. They stick out- the square feet aren't enough to balance this out.

Additionally, the way the shoulders are laid out- overlapping with the torso and with no visible points of articulation- there's no way for that shit to turn. If this guy wanted to raise his arms directly in front of him, he couldn't. If he raises or shifts his shoulders in other ways, such as out to the side or above his head, it is made more difficult by the pauldrons as they are.
>>
>>15133453
>>15135180
Oh yeah also your lines are fucking hairy as shit. Don't do that. Learn to do things in cleaner strokes. It's okay to go over a line multiple time to find one that feels right, but not so much to edge along the line you want with a bunch of small lines. Learn to do things in single or fewer passes.
>>
>>15133453
good perspective, good pose, understanding form, keep it up.
>>
>>15133854
Sure I can help you.
>>
>>15133455

I came here to post this.

All he's missing is the Neutralizer.

Also: The new Rom comic is actually pretty tight. I was surprised to learn that Hasbro had managed to acquire the rights to the Dire Wraiths, since they were pretty well-ingrained into Cosmic Marvel at this point.
>>
>>15137528

There's a new rom book? Does Marvel still have the rights?
>>
File: ProtoMech small.png (230KB, 400x814px) Image search: [Google]
ProtoMech small.png
230KB, 400x814px
I made some changes based on your suggestions. What do you guys think?
>>
>>15137651
Are those suction cups or is that a camera?
>>
>>15137666
Camera
>>
>>15137669
So about how big is it?
>>
>>15137672
I was thinking about 25 meters tall and 10 meters wide. Fairly large but not super robot scale.
>>
>>15137651
It definitely has a unique look IMO, pretty neat. I'd make the feet smaller, but I think you have something that works.
>>
>>15137651
What could be done to make the joints more flexible?
>>
>>15137534

IDW is publishing it. Marvel can still publish the original Rom in TPB, but can't do much more than that.
>>
>>15137687
I'm not sure. Any joints in particular that need to be?
>>
>>15137704
Just the shoulders and hips.
>>
>>15133453
nice graze
>>
Bumping this for later
>>
>>15137651
Cool. Surely you aren't referring to the battletech Protomechs?
>>
>>15143498
I'm not. I just named it that cause I didn't have a better name,
>>
>>15133453
Gyans cousin
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.