[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby's first mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: gundam x.jpg (2MB, 2344x3408px) Image search: [Google]
gundam x.jpg
2MB, 2344x3408px
My brother and I were watching Gundam X last night, and my sister hands us her 19 month old to have us watch him for a while.
Safely seated in my bro's lap, he intently watched all of Episode 24 before my sister took him back.
This is a good sign.
I plan on having him watch some mecha shows once he is old enough to talk and sort of understand. GaoGaiGar is one of them I will have him watch, along with G1 Transformers and probably Macross (Or Robotech, I own both on DVD).
Any other recommendations for literally Baby's first mecha series?
>>
>>15124279

Voltron: Legendary Defender maybe? I'm probably gonna show my 5 year old nephew the first episode at some point and see if it catches his fancy at least. He's more interested in watching Minecraft videos on Youtube than most things at the moment though.
>>
>>15124279
All the Braves are pretty good. You should add J-Decker to the list because police robots.

The Eldran franchise was pretty good, especially Raijin-oh. It captured the "spirit of youth" better than the Braves did.

There's the Wataru franchise.

Another you might try is G no Reco, the kids loved it.
>>
>>15124279
show him the toei mazinger
>>
>>15124290
That's the new one? I would probably want to show him the original Voltron first.
Which i don;t have, but got GoLion instead. Might be too crazy for him for a while.
>>15124293
Yeah J-Decker would be great.
Did kids like G no Reco? I haven't gotten around to that yet, but that reminds me King Gainer would be good to show.
>>15124295
I need to show myself that series first. The backlog is huge.
>>
>>15124312

Why would he need to see original Voltron or GoLion first? Legendary Defender is only built of them, not a continuation of them in any way.
>>
>>15124319
So it's a reboot? that's interesting.
I still feel it be good to have him get used to seeing old cartoons so he doesn't become one of those "older is not good" kids i sometimes see.
>>
>>15124339

Showing him older cartoons is in no way guaranteed to prevent him from adopting that mindset. It could be the catalyst that puts him in that mindset in the first place, since he may feel he was in some way forced to watch one and resent him. He's not even 2. It's nice that he watched a 20 year old foreign cartoon, but that doesn't mean much since he may just have been focused on the colors or the fact his peers were intent on it. You're probably better off showing him something he can at least understand should his attention go that far, even if it's not a new and modern character.
>>
>>15124347
I did say before"when he is old enough" so possibly not until he is 3 or older.
In any case he would usually have time for a few episodes of anything when he's over, which may be less if my sister finally gets a home with her husband.
Though my sister lets him watch Walking Dead if he's still awake when it airs, and dad watches wrestling with him, so I really have no idea how his entertainment enjoyment is going to be.
>>
>>15124355

What's he going to be old enough to do at 3 with foreign media? He's certainly not going to be reading the subtitles or even likely to be able to put a lot of it together (his own version or the intended one) just from the visuals alone. You're better off showing him something with a dub like G Gundam if you want to make it mecha anime.
>>
>>15124279
what´s your favorite /m/ show?
>>
>>15124364
G Gundma is a good idea.
And i think he will be ok with foreign media. His other side of the family is Indian, and they watch all their shows, often with English subs. Usually he's in the room with them too. I may try to not have him watch more subtitled stuff for a while, unless he says he wants to.
>>15124411
Thats a tough one. Possibly Zeta, maybe Patlabor. GGG is really high up there. Transformers has stood the test of time. I'd probbaly show him all those but Zeta, which I will save for when he's older and ready to make gunpla
>>
>>15124424
i personally think you should show him something like king gainer and avoid stuff like ideon for the time being
>>
>>15124424

It doesn't matter if he's foreign himself. Not unless he speaks the language, because there is no way in even the remotest of hells that he's going to be capable of reading them at 3.
>>
>>15124436
oh god of course I'm gonna avoid Ideon, Eva, Rahxephon, Gravion, and other heavy handed and overly violent/sexualized shows.
>>
>>15124448
god to know, you should try making him watch Gear Fighter Dendoh
>>
>>15124279
That kid is still in larval state, he'll watch anything you put in front of him.
That being said I have 3 siblings from 4 to 10, they've liked Cardcaptors, Digimon, and most recently Kamen Rider Fourze (although the youngest couldn't read the subtitles, he enjoyed the fight scenes). A lot of Ghibli movies work too, kids love Totoro. We watched a little Medabot too, they didn't take to it as well as the others, but maybe you'll have better luck.

But wait a couple years and ease him into it. It's actually fun as hell to see a kid's fresh perspective on old series.
>>
>>15124312
>Did kids like G no Reco?
yes
>>
>>15124568
My cousin's kids really enjoyed Zyuranger when I lent it to them.
>>
SD Gundam Gaiden and Brave Battle Warriors
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.