[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would he pilot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 31

File: Robin_Mask_anime.jpg (159KB, 810x1792px) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Mask_anime.jpg
159KB, 810x1792px
>>
He looks sort of like the robot from Gordian so I'd go with that
>>
File: rx-0.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rx-0.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
only right answer
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 478x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 478x708px
>>15123467
Wrong
>>
>>15123162
I like Kevin Mask more than Robin Mask
>>
>>15123997
> Liking edgelords.
>>
>>15124039
I like Kinnikuman Nisei more over all than original Kinnikuman. Kevin Mask was an edge lord but he was a cool one.
>>
File: Mac_(10).jpg (21KB, 430x697px) Image search: [Google]
Mac_(10).jpg
21KB, 430x697px
What would he pilot?
>>
>>15124078
I thought Nisei was pretty good. At the least, it deserved a better ending for its original run.

Still, I can't with all honesty say it was better than the original manga. Most of the New Generation were just far too underwhelming.
>>
>>15124121
I can accept that, the colorful cast is more relevant in original Kinnikuman whole Nisei devolves more into the Mantaro show. I do find it funny that they bring up several times that Dik Dik (one of the best dub names ever made) graduated at the top of their class and by all means is the best wrestler out of the cast, and yet hes a huge loser and jobs every single fight. I think Nisei as a whole had less memorable characters, but the ones who stuck out were better than the original Kinnikuman characters.

I just wish all of Nisei was translated or it got subbed, the dub had some nice little touches but it's ultimately, no pun intended, a bad dub.
>>
File: Unicorn Head.png (45KB, 570x900px) Image search: [Google]
Unicorn Head.png
45KB, 570x900px
>>15123467
I got a better answer
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 409x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 409x308px
Remember that time char popped up
>>
>>15124170
Remember the time Mantaro beat his opponent by shitting in the ring? Because that was a thing that happened.
>>
>>15124182
I try to forget about that.
>>
>>15124138
I think one of my favorite parts about the Nisei manga is that it added a little more depth to characters from the original, namely Sunshine and Ashuraman.

I know that Ultimate Tag and the Revival series are being translated over at Hercules Factory on Tumblr but there is a problem in that it's all largely done by a single person.
>>
>>15124230
You may try to forget, but Maxman most certainly can never forget it.
>>
>>15124235
Wait, I thought we were talking about the fight with Wash Ass/Hollywood Bowl.
>>
File: MAXXUMAN.jpg (35KB, 239x374px) Image search: [Google]
MAXXUMAN.jpg
35KB, 239x374px
>>15124233
I mean I'll wait. Literally this is one of the series that fuels my steady studying of Japanese just because I want to finish the damn thing. I loved Ultimate Muscle as a kid, then I found out the original version was 10x better.

>>15124240
No I'm talking about his fight against Maxman the human Nike pump shoe taught by Sneagator. Mantaro was getting manhandled by him but turned the tide to beat him by shitting in the ring and rolling over so Maxman landed in it. Maxman was, rightfully, distraught from stepping in shit especially as he was a high fashion sneaker and his value and quality were ruined. Using this confusion Mantaro wrecked his shit using a Kinniku Buster if I remember correctly.

This is a thing that happened. Mantaro was PROUD of coming up with this plan.
>>
>>15124266
Well, the original manga was better. The anime, on the other hand, was kinda gimped even in the Japanese version.
>>
>>15124281
I noticed this with how much superior Rinko is in the manga to her anime version. My only gripe with the manga, I think they aged them up in the anime not just the dub, but I hate that the cast are middle school students when they are adult sized and super muscular.
>>
>>15124233
That guy is a fucking trooper
>>
>>15124298
I didn't really mind it too much since they're not regular human beings.

I think Mantaro is still 14 in the anime (with everyone else being 16 or older) but they cut out most of the age inappropriate stuff from the manga.
>>
>>15124343
>I didn't really mind it too much since they're not regular human beings.
Cept for Terry and Kevin. I think they allude to Gazelleman possibly just wearing a costume but I don't fully remember since its been a while since I read whats translated of Nisei.
>>
File: img000006.jpg (254KB, 750x1180px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.jpg
254KB, 750x1180px
>>15124138
>The ones who stuck out were better than the original Kinnikuman characters

No they weren't. Nisei had a lot of people that could've been really cool but all their appeal went down the drain the second they became cast regulars and started getting destroyed so Mantaro and Kevin would look cooler. There's also how having a bunch of near copies of the originals waters the cast down, subjects them to comparisons with the originals and takes away spaces that could've been used for newer, different characters.

>>15124233
But Ashuraman and Sunshine went through that development in the original series, when they discovered friendship and that deep down they could actually be decent people in the tag tournament arc. Sunshine was even confused that a devil could care about someone else, and Ashuraman ended up joining Team Soldier and becoming a justice chojin and got an arc about his mentor being the one that taught him kindness. If anything Nisei reset their characters massively and made them undergo much of the same process just to reuse them.

>>15124266
To be incredibly fair, Kinnikuman survived his first real serious opponent in Ramenman by crapping his pants when put in the Camel Clutch that'd literally split Brockenman in half. But back then the manga was still more a comedy parodying japanese superhero tropes than a mostly serious wrestling thing and it was played as Suguru's cowardice and incompetence rather than anything to glorify.
>>
>>15124354
>Cept for Terry and Kevin. I think they allude to Gazelleman possibly just wearing a costume but I don't fully remember since its been a while since I read whats translated of Nisei.

No, they are all Choujin regardless of how they look or what costumes they wear.

The only wrestler that was a regular human being was Geronimo during the Golden Mask arc in the original manga.
>>
>>15124359
>No they weren't
I can see what you mean, I should have clarified I just personally liked the characters of Nisei more.

>But back then the manga was still more a comedy parodying japanese superhero tropes than a mostly serious wrestling thing
That match with Maxman was early on and Nisei was very goofy at that point. In fact Nisei starts off almost like a parody of original Kinnikuman while updating it for a more modern age and turning it into a commentary of youth culture as well as how it interacts with older people. Also only Mantaro is proud of his plan of shitting in the ring, everyone else is more or less disgusted and berates him, they were only impressed by his finisher.
>>
File: image.gif (15KB, 111x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
15KB, 111x382px
Top class waifu
>>
>>15124470
I dunno if it was a commentary on youth culture, but some of it definitely read as a commentary on how much the wrestling world changed from when they were writing the original series.
>>
>>15124848
>but some of it definitely read as a commentary on how much the wrestling world changed from when they were writing the original series.
It's both. Heels became much more severe, with dMP having zero honor and such or how wrestling became flashier and raised the stakes. But it also was a commentary about many things in youth culture such as fashion, hobbies, etc. A big theme in Nisei is lineage and new generations. It showed how the new generation is always stronger and more capable, and how parents can greatly affect their children whether it be intentional or unintentional. Sometimes Nisei reads like a guide for fans of Kinnikuman to enter adulthood and deal with their children.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's about funny man liking rice with beef.
>>
File: father will be disappoint.png (293KB, 722x456px) Image search: [Google]
father will be disappoint.png
293KB, 722x456px
>>15125636
Nah, you'd have to be blind not to see the emphasis placed on parental relationships.
>>
>>15125636
the weight of living in the shadow of your wrestler father is kind of a big thing for second (and beyond) guys irl, too
>>
>>15123162
The only right answer
>>
>>15125771
I do kind of appreciate that Suguru tried to avoid that kind of thing with Mantaro.
>>
File: Beauty_Rhodes.png (898KB, 803x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Beauty_Rhodes.png
898KB, 803x1034px
>>15125636
>funny man liking rice with beef.
So what are some good beef bowl recipes and techniques? I get them sometimes from one of the Japanese joints near me, but I'd really like to make them myself.

On the subject of nisei-ing, did nisei touch on some successor to Beauty Rhodes? Like, some parody of Goldust?
>>
>>15126023
Not that I remember but then it didn't actually touch on that many successor characters if you think about it. It just so happened that the ones that were there ended up taking up front and center stage, save for Canadianman and Specialman's kids not even passing the Hercules Factory.
>>
>>15126091
>if you think about it
I've only watched a bit of Nisei via crabstick. I haven't even really gotten that far into the original. I wandered off around Warsman vs Pentagon and need to get back into it.
I figure it's a gajillion episode series like Keroro and UY and last I heard the subs hadn't even hit triple digits, so I'm not really in any big rush since I know I'll eventually run out of subs.
>Warsman vs Pentagon jr probably never
;_;
>>
>>15126111
I'd recommend the manga for Kinnikuman honestly. Wrestling action is segmented enough that it translates well to comic books and the anime cuts out a lot of stuff, is chock full of filler and max budget to boot. It was actually canned midway through a filler arc before they could get to the actual final arc so Toei ended up releasing it as a standalone 46 episode show five years later.
>>
>>15126136
>I'd recommend the manga for Kinnikuman honestly.
I'll check it out too.
>>
>>15126136
It would help if they didn't skip all the monster extermination arcs on the grounds of "people want the wrasslin' now, fuck the Ultraman bits".

That being said, what's the consensus on Tatakae!! Ramenman?
>>
So do you guys think that Kinnikuman could use a modern anime remake like jojo got?
>>
>>15124078
My nigga

Kinnikuman 2 was like the remasted He-Man. Yeah it's not the original but the new animation, higher budget and voice actors that actually give a shit made it fucking sick.

Kevin Mask best husbando
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 354x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 354x376px
Is warsman /m/?
>>
>>15123162
Your mom
>>
File: gordian.jpg (95KB, 553x790px) Image search: [Google]
gordian.jpg
95KB, 553x790px
>>15123162
>>
>>15127514
He's a fucking robot so yeah
>>
File: crying Seigi Choujin.jpg (256KB, 740x960px) Image search: [Google]
crying Seigi Choujin.jpg
256KB, 740x960px
>>15123162
Best Seigi Choujin
>>15127315
>So do you guys think that Kinnikuman could use a modern anime remake like jojo got?
No.
Kinnikuman is fine as it is, I can't fathom why you want it ro be ruined like JoJo was.
>>
File: 5905674.gif (35KB, 416x567px) Image search: [Google]
5905674.gif
35KB, 416x567px
>>15126231
Those bits actually did get translated by Team Kinniku many years ago. In fact, the original run is pretty much all translated.

The only problem is that the quality varies drastically because the entire thing was covered by no less than three different groups.

>>15127315
I'd like one, but chances are that Toei is going to be the one handling it if it ever happened. I don't want a cheap nostalgia cash-in that's just going to be outsourced to the Philippines.

>>15127862
I don't think that kind of thing would happen. Mainly because Kinnikuman's manga has never been hyped up the way that JoJo's manga had been even before the anime came out.
>>
>>15128316
>Those bits actually did get translated by Team Kinniku many years ago. In fact, the original run is pretty much all translated.
>The only problem is that the quality varies drastically because the entire thing was covered by no less than three different groups.
I was talking about Toei, but yeah, the whole thing needs an overhaul. With any luck, maybe Hokuto no Gun will get around to it someday (just don't pester them about it and it'll be cool).
>I'd like one, but chances are that Toei is going to be the one handling it if it ever happened. I don't want a cheap nostalgia cash-in that's just going to be outsourced to the Philippines.
Man, SystematicChaos would go nuclear if that happened. He already has a vendetta with modern!Toei and hasn't dared to watch the new Tiger Mask.
>>
>>15128332
>I was talking about Toei, but yeah, the whole thing needs an overhaul. With any luck, maybe Hokuto no Gun will get around to it someday (just don't pester them about it and it'll be cool).

Ah, sorry. That was actually the same kind of attitude that Toriyama's World took to the early Kinnikuman volumes.

I know that Hercules Factory tried to re-translate the Throne arc, because the Shonen Jump 0998 translations are almost indecipherable. But I don't think they're going to continue with it since the feedback was almost nil.

> Man, SystematicChaos would go nuclear if that happened. He already has a vendetta with modern!Toei and hasn't dared to watch the new Tiger Mask.

The new Tiger Mask was much better than I was expecting, but I can't blame him for refusing to watch it.

Also, HnG should get back to the Tiger Mask manga sometime before the next century.
>>
>>15127514
Yes. He is also best boy.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x481px
Remember that time geronimo bitchslaped that kid
>>
>>15135970
Becoming a choujin was a mistake.
>>
Remember that time Warsman tried to help a kid and the kid was a dick about it?
>>
>>15124121
What happened? I got to the battle royal in the past and then they fucking stopped.
>>
>>15127862
I could see a "remake" as in just a newer one. I also would not call something that follows the manga to a T ruined in the case of JoJo. Unless you are talking about the fucking shit fandom who latched on.

I just want Kinnikuman to be popular.
>>
>>15127315
i think one could be good but i feel toei would fuck it up
>>
>>15136070
Toei would fuck it up unless you shoved a fuck ton of money in their face for the animation budget and yelled at them for it.
>>
>>15136039
I get the impression that Yudetamago put it on hold, since it never was as popular as the original series. Seriously, I've never seen manga authors that were so thoroughly trapped in the shadow of their most popular work like they are, even Toriyama gets to do short works from time to time.
>>
>>15136083
last thing I read was that basicly he went "... why don't we continue the original series instead" and released new stuff after the ending of the original kinnikuman. Leaving Nisei perpetually on hold.
>>
>>15136081
what if toei let a studio like madhouse do it?
>>
>>15136123
Depends if the animators are big fans, that is the main determining factor.
>>
>>15123162
big ween on Robin Mask
>>
File: tumblr_inline_msjvd3JDtE1qz4rgp.jpg (67KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_msjvd3JDtE1qz4rgp.jpg
67KB, 500x351px
>>15124110
he'd pilot one of these right into a pillow doggy-style.
>>
>>15127862
he also has the best theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqlNVwr3b5o
>>
>>15136083
>>15136099
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

It was getting pretty fucking awesome.
>>
anyway what's your favorite fight in the series
>>
>>15136150

Mac likes beefcakes though.

Well, and chicks with dicks. But that's just how Mac rolls.
>>
>>15136464
Kinnikuman vs Warsman and Geronimo vs Sunshine
>>
>>15136464
Kinnikuman vs Buffaloman was hands down the top final fight across the entire series. It had both guys bringing out everything but the kitchen sink, it had Kinnikuman's fighting spirit be too much for a devil to absorb, it had creativity and adaptation as opponents changed gameplans which really helped show Kinnikuman's growth, it had a redemption arc built in, it ended with creative use of Suguru's best signature move and as far as shonen goes it had little asspulls beyond the giant demon buffalo guy have magical demon powers.
>>
>>15136464
Fuck, that's tough as hell. I think with a couple of exceptions most of the fights from Kinnikuman vs Warsman and onward are pretty good.

I have a fondness for gimmicky fights though, so Kinnikuman vs Mister VTR is a good one for me personally. Similarly, I really liked Mantaro vs Dead Signal/Road Rage in Nisei.
>>
so i'm currently reading the series right now and i have a question. how many time is wolfman going to die i mean he's died about three times so far
>>
>>15137242
I think the third time is pretty much the last time. It's also the last time he's relevant to anything.
>>
>>15137242
You know people say "Oh that character is a Yamcha lol" originally it was "Oh that character is a Wolfman" hell I like to think that Yamcha is a somewhat parody of Wolfman.
>>
>>15137609
Yamcha is more on Brocken Jr's level to be honest.
>>
>>15137649
But Brocken Jr won sometimes
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 460x345px
Remember when Kinnikuman's dad consider choking him when he was a baby
>>
>>15138637
In retrospect, Mayumi was an awful father.
>>
>>15138637
Wasn't it because he was ugly by his race's standards but to humans he's extremely handsome?
>>
>>15138683
No, it's because of the mask.
>>
>>15137649
Dude, Brocken Jr remained competitive and got wins and awesome moments up until the end along with an ongoing arc of him being younger and less experienced and growing mid-fight. Definitely not Yamcha tier. Wolfman, on the other hand, got nothing after his introductory arc where he was a secondary rival.
>>
being Canadianman is suffering
>>
>>15138834
At least he's not: >>15140624
>>
File: Sunshine.png (918KB, 554x987px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine.png
918KB, 554x987px
did sunshine inspire golden lightan or did Gold Lightan inspire sunshine?
>>
>>15136070
>>15128316
>>15136081
Toei is doing pretty good with Tiger Mask W. So there is hope that they could do a decent revival for Kinnikuman.
>>
>>15127315
I'm honestly surprised they haven't yet
>>
>>15140763
That's actually a good question. On what year and date did his debut chapter get published?

>>15141765
In fairness, there's no clue how healthy Kamiya's voice is nowadays, they can't exactly rush out and find a replacement for him right away.
>>
>>15142262
I think it was the same year gold lightan came out. Sunshine appeared in Chapter 169
>>
>>15142262
I don't think anyone is going to mind so long as they provide an honest reason for it. Unlike what they did when they decided to cast Toshio Furukawa in the Kinnikuman Nisei TV despite having Kamiya in the movie a year before.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 640x853px
Have you ever seen the description for sunshine when they sold the little toys as m.u.s.c.l.e in the us
>>
>>15142433
no, but I just saw some meme-filled shit written much later
>>
File: roller.jpg (95KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
roller.jpg
95KB, 500x343px
>>15142433
> Blocky Nice Guy
>>
Remember when the Chinese stereotype camel clutched a Nazi until he snapped in half?
>>
>>15142499
Remember when he turned him into noodles?
>>
>>15127862
jojo's anime pretty much stays true to the manga.

it's best to not let a fanbase ruin something for you
>>
>>15138671

that's mainly the reason that Suguru ended up spoiling Mantaro. along with those decades of peace.

>>15138683
Suguru and Mantaro are implied to be extremely handsome under their masks.

Suguru's dad just gave him a pig faced mask
>>
>>15142611
I remember the pig faced mask was the one given to him by a mask shop that used Kinnikuman's birth certificate to find the best mask for him
>>
>>15140624
Same with specialman
>>
>>15142709
At least Specialman gets a pretty top tier finisher in side material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRTkOnXI__o
>>
Why is terryman so fucking legit
>>
>>15145405
because he gets by with a more grounded moveset and experience.

too bad his son turned out lame as hell.
>>
>>15145493
Kid would have been better if he weren't constantly butt sore about being compared to his dad.
>>
>>15145493
>>15145405
I feel like they forgot at some point that Terryman had a prosthetic leg. I know it wasn't relevant really, but with how those two wrote the series it definitely feels that way.
>>
>>15145652
It did come up again in the revival series apparently.
>>
>>15145493
>>15145513
I feel Terry the Kid being lame was just part of the issue of most everyone not Mantaro and Kevin being made to look like total goofs when they were part of the good guy squad. There was a lot of room for him to grow across the series and actually develop new moves and variants of Terry's classics to really push him home as the new generation, but instead he did very little and the guy that innovated those moves was a goddamn antagonist.

>>15145652
>>15145685
They did forget and it did recently come up again, but considering he was around for the Perfect Mask which literally revived the dead it wasn't crazy to think he got his actual leg back. And I mean, Kin literally scooped up Ashuraman's stolen star mark arms and just put them back in their place IIRC, chojin are hardy dudes.
>>
>>15140624
>>15142709
I'm surprised those two even had kids
>>
like it's been said, the problem with Nisei is that if you aren't Mantaro or Kevin, then you have little to no fights and the fights you're in, you lose.

Gazelleman jobbed to everyone.
Wally didn't win a damn thing until Neptuneman turned him into a crazed beast and he started taking faces.
Terry the Kid won a fight, lost against Scarface, dropped out of the Choujin Cup like his father did, and didn't fight again until he teamed up with Robin in the past and won a fight.
Jade is just like gazelleman.
anyone that joined the ranks during the new seven devils arc either died winning, died losing, and hasn't won a fight since.

Kevin has never lost a fight himself. He lost once because it was a tag match and scarface died. He did die but it was due to exhaustion and falling out the ring than actually being beaten.

he even beat Mantaro.

Tag Arc did no favors because it had a lot of the classic guys acting like jerks towards the new generation right after the arc about friendship just finished in the period they were dropped in. I'm honestly not sure if Nisei will continue (if it ever does) where it left off or get a reboot.
>>
>>15145888
Lets not forget that Gazelleman was supposed to be the top gradute from the Hercules Factory, further adding to his shame and making it more ridiculous that he keeps getting destroyed. But really I think the worst part is that the guy wasn't even left alone enough to give him fun shit to do in sideworks like it happened with Specialman, Canadianman or Big Body. Even his super finisher which he uses to finally get wins in the separate V-Jump manga and in anime only stuff is fucking lame, just puts his stupid antler weapon on and spins vertically.
>>
>>15145953
he's a shittier warsman. which is pretty hard to do considering his only two justice choujin wins are in the throne arc and revival
>>
>>15136000
his one win came while he was a human. That's both hilarious and sad.
>>
>>15143530
is that game worth playing?
>>
>>15145888
>Tag Arc did no favors because it had a lot of the classic guys acting like jerks towards the new generation

It probably would have went over better if Mantaro hadn't accidentally knocked Alisa into Thunder and Lightning's Death Watch Branding.

What I didn't understand was Kinnikuman turning on Robin for teaming up with Terry the Kid.
>>
>>15146171
Warsman was pretty cool though and didn't he only have like four fights
>>
>>15146183
It's an Aki wrestling game with a license you like so I'd say yes, absolutely. The gamecube one has a character creator and story mode but is otherwise the most limited, the PS2 one has a better cast and tag matches but loses story mode and create mode, also has humongous load times and a different VA for Kinnikuman which people were mad about. The PSP version is probably the best bet, particularly for ease of emulation, and has story mode and more characters including Ataru even though the game didn't do the Throne Arc.
>>
>>15146171
Warsman was never treated as a joke though, he lost to Buffaloman when he was the final boss and got a really cool moment about matching superior power with skill, got screwed over by Planetman like a lot of other chojin and then got ruined by Neptuneman and Big the Budo who're probably the most bullshit bosses in the series.

Granted he wasn't treated particularly well after his introduction but he was never made out to be a total joke. I feel Nisei's equivalent to Warsman is probably Scarface, who was actually treated worse because he didn't even get a lone singles win post-Idol turn, his role was being the guy that dies when he teams with invincible Kevin Mask and making an impressive-on-paper team with Jade so they can get Neptune'd.
>>
>>15146175
At least he managed to break Thunder and Lightning's bell, which no one else managed to do at that point.
>>
>>15146193
>It probably would have went over better if Mantaro hadn't accidentally knocked Alisa into Thunder and Lightning's Death Watch Branding.

But that's the thing. It was an accident, explaining it as such and how they were actually coming back to stop Thunder and Lightning would have probably calmed them down in the original manga.

Robin, the guy who should really be that upset, is the first and only past choujin to not hate them for a good while.

>What I didn't understand was Kinnikuman turning on Robin for teaming up with Terry the Kid.

This is the same arc where Suguru and Terryman act like bigger asses than usual. He hated them while Robin didn't so he saw Robin teaming up with Terry the Kid as a sign of betrayal People in japan were not happy with how Kinnikuman acted the entire arc. Not to mention bringing back the Mari-Suguru-Bibina love triangle.

Or rather creating it because Mari disappeared a good while before Bibina started to move into the love interest role
>>
>>15147762
>Neptuneman and Big the Budo who're probably the most bullshit bosses in the series.

>You will never get so salty that you turn back time to say "No that didn't count! I'm still perfect!"
>>
File: kinikumantonokyoutuuten-1.jpg (221KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
kinikumantonokyoutuuten-1.jpg
221KB, 500x556px
>>15146175
One of the biggest if not the biggest wasted opportunity in the entire series. His performance against Sunshine should've turned him into a megastar and his chojin revival arc was the perfect opportuntiy to treat him as a top player, instead the most memorable thing he did was slap a child for no reason after his revival trials were very much about protecting children.
>>
Remember when pentagon died cause I sure fucking didn't
>>
File: 20150605032956405.jpg (137KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
20150605032956405.jpg
137KB, 600x922px
>>15149311
Remember when Black Hole died to Kinnikuman and had his head torn off by the Devil Knights, then returned for the tag arc and everyone thought this was more or less completely normal and it was never explained? And IIRC when Warsman is going through the Chojin Graveyard an arc later you see Black Hole so...the two points I can see are either he died to Muscle Docking with Black Hole or when Warsman jammed his claws up his face and pulled them down to his chest.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x360px
Robin mask is stronger then ultraman confirmed
>>
>>15148883
>"Fuck you Kinnikuman I am going into the woods to train."
>"I am gonna tag team with a fucking walrus. Its going to be fucking radical."
And then it was indeed fucking radical.
>>
>>15149364
Sometimes the Yudetamago duo does really silly mistakes, like the time Geronimo watched himself getting his ass beaten.
>>
>>15149863
Wait what panel was that?

I need it.
>>
File: 1485070266547.jpg (89KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485070266547.jpg
89KB, 960x640px
I guess the chances of Penta el 0M working with the chojin are slightly better than the chances of Pentagon jr doing it.

I forget, did any Mexican guys work the Kinnikumania show?
>>
>>15149875
In here: http://www.mangareader.net/kinnikuman/188/6
>>
>>15149899
Damn, that must be something when you get a out of body experience and watch your ass get fucking destroyed.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 300x225px
>>15149904
>Tfw you're getting you shit kicked in so hard your soul sees it
>>
>>15149364
Warsman looks so fucking weird here
>>
why did the damn tag arc for nisei last so long?

also will Kevin eventually lose a match because he gets beaten and not because his partner dies? I mean even Mantaro lost to him and he kinda grew from that
>>
>>15150414
Yude really didn't settle into a consistent style of their own up until like, Throne Arc/Nisei. If you read back through the manga used to the modern looks there's gonna be some dissonance with most every character at some point.

>>15150498
>why did the damn tag arc for nisei last so long?

Because it was published as its own distinct series rather than as a straight new arc for the original Nisei run and I guess they figured they could use the dream match setup to boost readership.

>also will Kevin eventually lose a match because he gets beaten and not because his partner dies?

Considering Yude has been doing a new arc for the original Kinnikuman since 2011, it doesn't seem terribly likely they'll go back to Nisei. It was kind of trying to make lightning strike twice and instead they've now realized they can still use the first bolt.
>>
>>15149364
It has to be the muscle docking cause pentagon getting fucked by warsman was before the tag team arc and was fine then
>>
>>15150607
That or there is a new choujin behind the mask.
>>
>>15150593
I wouldn't be surprised if after the revival, they reboot nisei
>>
>>15150736
i'm pretty sure that pentagon doesn't wear a mask
>>
>>15151355
I mean yeah that's possible (and I especially believe it in Black Hole's case), but it is a possibility to explain the situation in universe. Don't get me wrong, I do love how much Yude forgets and improvs.
>>
Was there a reason for the original Kinnikuman not being licensed in the west?
>>
>>15151659
Never heard a specific reason, but it's really fucking Japanese.
>>
>>15151659
Its run ended in 87, well before the explosion of animango popularity in the west, and a crude humor japanese superhero parody turned superviolent pro wrestling story is also a relatively niche audience. Not to mention that pro wrestling fans are seen and often treated as barely functioning mongs even by pro wrestling promoters in the west. If you want to see why that feeling is so prevalent, check out /asp/.
>>
File: image.png (484KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
484KB, 1136x640px
>>15140624
The face of suffering
>>
>>15153395
>am Canadian
>Canadianman just jobs, and gets turned into a jerk in Nisei
This saddens me.
>>
>>15153407
Look at it this way, he's still one of the most noticeable and liked side characters and side material/fanwork has turned Big Body into the coolest prince with the possible exception of Super Phoenix.
>>
>>15151659
I can't imagine that the racial stereotypes in the series would have gone over well here.
>>
>>15153610
G Gundam though?
>>
>>15153613
Sombrero colony aside, G Gundam isn't really on the same level.
>>
>>15153629
Tequila Gundam has a sombrero too.
>>
>>15153650
Shit, I forgot.
>>
>>15153610
In fairness, we did get the (lousy) NES game. Granted, the show itself is less subtle than Punch-Out and Pro Wrestling.

>>15153584
Fair point, that.
>>
>>15153677
They did cut out Brocken Jr and replace him with Geronimo, but that was probably more due to Nintendo of America than actually wanting to avoid offending people.
>>
File: 1474066002937.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474066002937.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What would he pilot?
>>
>>15154026
Mecha King Ghidorah?
>>
does terryman or warsman have any spinoff stuff like Ramanman does?
>>
>>15154962
Nope, looks like only Ramenman.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 438x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 438x329px
Remember when Kinnikuman used the muscle spark on terry right before the final match
>>
>>15154026
EVA-1
>>
>>15154026
Already answered. He has a Blue Eyes White Dragon jet.
>>
>>15153668
And Neo Kenya's Gundam was a thing.
>>
>>15151659
It was too old and when the boom happened, more recent shows were being licensed. Nisei was more recent and did the wrestling straight off the bat.

>>15150593
> it doesn't seem terribly likely they'll go back to Nisei. It was kind of trying to make lightning strike twice and instead they've now realized they can still use the first bolt.

Personally I think they could have the revival lead into a new version of Nisei.
>>
>>15157666
>Personally I think they could have the revival lead into a new version of Nisei.

By this you mean wholly new version of Nisei or just another followup to it? I thought Nisei was unpopular compared to the original, which is one of the reasons why we got the Perfect Large Numbers.
>>
>>15157704
>By this you mean wholly new version of Nisei or just another followup to it?

new version
>>
>>15157764
hopefully if that does happen it doesn't become the mantaro and kevin mask show again
>>
>>15157852
i want to believe that the revival has made them realize that other choujin need spotlight too and not just as jobbers
>>
so what would you say is the best arc in the series
>>
>>15156204
It's okay it was practice.
>>
>>15159783
Throne arc. Even if it suffers from garbage tier scans and translation.
>>
>>15159783
I really enjoyed the tag team arc cause of Neptuneman
>>
>>15159783
Golden mask arc
>>
>>15159873
Plus that's Terry's fake leg so no harm there.
>>
>>15149364
look if someone comes back from the dead without any reason then it was friendship power that brought them back
>>
>>15126231
it's pretty good opening is hype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQQWZ4WmQ5c
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.