[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

finished zeta for 1st time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 24

you guys...I..just...I need a hug
>>
File: zzgandamu.jpg (108KB, 512x781px) Image search: [Google]
zzgandamu.jpg
108KB, 512x781px
You best be watchin' ZZ next, son
>>
>>15116525
man I need a breather, I just watched the entire 0079 series followed by zeta non stop and I'm just emotionally drained right now
>>
File: ema punch.jpg (52KB, 408x261px) Image search: [Google]
ema punch.jpg
52KB, 408x261px
>>15116493
You need correction
>>
>>15116534
>emotionally drained
>over anime

Wow just wow
>>
>>15116570
Nigger, it's fiction. That just means it's working.
>>
that's lewd anon
>>
>>15116525
puru is so hot
>>
>>15116534
ZZ is more cheery for the first 15 some-odd episodes before it returns to normal, that'll either help you recover or royally confuse you.
>>
>>15116534
Yeah. You should wait a while before watching ZZ.
The change in tone is real.
>>
>>15116493
Go watch 0080 next, anon.
It's a nice little 80s family movie-esque suburbian adventure about growing up and friendship.
>>
>>15116570
>Wow just wow
>over an internet comment
I saw this in an anime once
>>
File: Fa.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fa.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>15116493
Don't worry anon, we all felt there at the end of Zeta
>>
File: 1351784618909.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1351784618909.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>15116534
>emotionally drained
wat

I marathoned through Zeta and jumped right the fuck into ZZ.

Not because I cared or empathized with the characters, but because I was pissed at how dumb Z ended.

I hoped ZZ fixed some of that. It did not, but at least it kind of made me give a shit about Fa instead of just seeing her as a doormat and autism counselor.
>>
>>15116689
is it super sad? I heard it's really sad
>>
>>15116799
A little bit torwards the end.
People exaggerate that a lot.
>>
File: 34567466.jpg (68KB, 871x657px) Image search: [Google]
34567466.jpg
68KB, 871x657px
You know. There 31k guys calles Kamil in VK social networking. And most of them look like muslims.
>>
>>15116525
>You best be watchin' A New Tranlsation next, son
Fixed
>>
>>15116493
I only would want to watch zeta because the main girl in your pic is cute.
>>
>>15116879

I don't know her.
>>
>>15116799
Yes it is, don't take the bait. I think the ending of 0080 is probably even sadder than Zeta, it's a great OVA though, but you better be in a good mood to watch it.
Also no hamburgers during the viewing
>>
>>15117132
lol I watched many zeta episodes while eating burgers with fries and lemonade
>>
File: 49025.jpg (48KB, 430x240px) Image search: [Google]
49025.jpg
48KB, 430x240px
emma chewie...
>>
File: comet.png (840KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
comet.png
840KB, 1366x768px
The ending got me too OP, and to think I hated Kamile at the start of the series
>>
>>15116644
puru is for intense loving
>>
File: Marida_4064.jpg (524KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Marida_4064.jpg
524KB, 1280x720px
>>15117277
>puru is for intense loving
yes very ''intense'' "loving"
>>
He didn't deserve this.
>>
>>15117291
Apolly really didn't deserve that, one of the few cool characters of zeta.
>>
File: judou is going to hug you.png (420KB, 517x401px) Image search: [Google]
judou is going to hug you.png
420KB, 517x401px
>>15116493
>I need a hug
>>
>>15116493
I'm at episode 15 of 0079 and I want to watch them in chronological (not production order). I can't wait to get to Zeta. I expect it to be a great series.
Or should I switch to production order (like I did with Fafner)
>>
>>15117308
What do you mean chronological order, did you watch the origin prior to that?
Also always watch it in production order since the prequels and midquels are made in in mind that you have watched the shows that came before.
>>
>>15117284
>yes very ''intense'' "loving"
The kind that burns a hole in your chest.
>>
>>15117316
No, I'm not planning on watching it. I'm doing:
-08th
-Z
-ZZ (maybe)
-CCA
-Unicorn
-Victory (maybe)
-Turn A
>>
>>15117344
You could probably watch it that way, but I would recommend watching 0083 after zeta since the big reveal won't be as good/make as much sense if you didn't.
Also what are you not liking about 0079, if you are wondering if gets any better it does, but that is like after 30 episodes or something when they go back into space.
>>
>>15117355
The Italian version has a pretty good and faithful new dub. I'm really enjoying it. An they actually make sense. I'm not having the same feelings of the G-Reco or Brain Powerd dialogues.
>>
File: 1479522940788.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479522940788.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>15117357
>I'm not having the same feelings of the G-Reco or Brain Powerd dialogues.
I haven't watched G-reco or brain powered so I don't know what you are talking about, but I did hear that G-reco has a lot of tomino dialogue which was abudant in zeta.

Also I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for zeta, a lot of people seem to enjoy it, but I honestly didn't like it and I liked 0079 way better than it.
I don't remember 0079 having weird dialogue, but it has been a while since I have watched it so maybe the dub changed some stuff or something.
>>
>>15117308
>>15117344
>I can't wait to get to Zeta. I expect it to be a great series.
Frankly, you shouldn't have your hopes to high, not to say that Zeta is a bad series, but I had high expectations and... well it didn't meet them that well. Some parts of Zeta are great but others are pretty bad and it's really a come and goes rhythm so that it can feel like a terrible drag for 3-4 episodes before getting good again. Characters can be quite hard to follow, much harder than 0079 I thought, though I still liked them a lot. Camille especially isn't a very easy protagonist.

You should definitely watch at least the three main series (MSG, Z, ZZ). Don't watch the OVA before Zeta would be my advice, 0083 especially. Don't expect CCA to be awesome just like Zeta or you are in for the exact same disappointments.

Anyway, don't rush 0079 thinking it will get better in the following series, it won't (except maybe visual-wise), it's just different, with pros and cons changing here and there. In the end, I also thought that 0079 was overall better than Zeta and though I was thinking of not watching ZZ because I didn't think I'd like it, I'm only into half of it and it's slowly starting to be my favorite of the three, so... Don't expect too much of japanese cartoons and try not to have too much preconceived notions of greatness or anything.
>>
File: 7694769476947694769476.jpg (21KB, 401x206px) Image search: [Google]
7694769476947694769476.jpg
21KB, 401x206px
>>15116493
>>
>>15117357
sounds like a dub made for babies
>>
>>15117458
Thanks for the advice. Thinking of switching to producion order, then
>>15117518
I don't think so. Dynit is extremely professional. I'd say number 1 in Italy.
>>
I'm 2 episodes into Zeta and I really, really want it to be over. I can't stand this 80s vibe. 0079 was campy enough to get me through it, at least.

Shit, I don't know. Kamille just pisses me off. I wish Char was the main character.
>>
File: 1473572387200.gif (1MB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
1473572387200.gif
1MB, 480x351px
>>15118117
Welcome to zeta, good news you will probably like ZZ.
>>
>>15118117
>Char
You mean Quattro Tai...? Shit starts to happen to Kamille really hard at episode 3, there is quite some serious changes for the character desu.
Anyway, nobody forces you to watch the series, there is no gandamu exam to pass.
>>
>>15118125
Ah! this so hard, I did find Zeta ok but after thinking about skipping ZZ but finally having decided to watch it, boy it's so far (half of the show) the best series of the franchise!
Also,
>desu
>>
>>15118130
I just want to get through it all so I can watch Unicorn, CCA, and the other OVAs.

>>15118125
I've heard ZZ is pretty skippable. Which is what I want to do.
>>
>>15118145
I haven't watched unicorn yet, but from what I have seen and heard there are references to it, also I unironically think ZZ is better than zeta.

Also don't get your hopes too much up for CCA, it might not live up to the hype for you.
>>
>>15118145
I planned on skipping ZZ after struggling through Zeta, but I gave it a chance and enjoyed it plenty more than Zeta for some inexplicable reason. It doesn't start off as strong as Zeta does but it doesn't feel like a slog to go through all of it. The only thing that bothered me was seeing Bright put into another situation where he has to babysit kids and manchildren, but i'm sure he's used to it by then.
>>
>>15118145
Then you are doing everything backwards, ZZ is more enjoyable than Zeta and just as good as MSG. CCA suffers from the exact same flaws than Zeta, if you don't like the later, you probably won't like the former. 0083, 08th and Unicorn were all hype and pretty boring t.b.h. , with even more op suits, but boring characters though nice visuals for Unicorn and 0083.
Most series don't live through the hype, but then my favorite series as of now are MSG, ZZ and X...

I seriously feel that people hypeing Zeta or CCA had the worse advices as they are certainly good through certain lenses, but hardly the peak of the franchise.
>>
File: 1449439932485.jpg (105KB, 580x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1449439932485.jpg
105KB, 580x1012px
>>15118302
>ZZ and X

So your idea of a good Gundam series is to have a meandering, shallow plot and cardboard characters with little to no arcs going for them.

Where do you get this idea that your opinion is relevant to anyone again...?
>>
>>15118248
I think it is, because the cast are way more likable and fun than the zeta crew and the light hearted parts of the show were a nice breather from all the usual gundam gloom and doom gundam stuff.
>>
>>15117344
You missing f91
>>
>>15117165
He had good taste
>>
>>15118422
How many years is F91 ahead in the future?
I know Victory is supposed to be 60 years in the future since the events of CCA, but how far is F91?
>>
>>15118430
I think it's like 30 years after cca
>>
>>15118433
Only 30 years,I thought it was like atleast 100 years ahead.
>>
>>15118433
>like
It's taking place in 0123 U.C. so exactly 30 years after CCA.
>>
>>15117344
Almost the same order I did things in. Only I watched 08th first, and IGLOO after 0080, and F91 after Unicorn.

>>15117355
>the big reveal won't be as good/make as much sense
On the contrary, going into Zeta after watching 0083 was a nice experience. You see the Titans being created, with hopeful music abound, then you see how they turn out to be crooked

I think it's much more interesting to go chronologically, too. Really gives you more of a sense of how the tech is progressing, keeps you from having to jump back to the OYW every few shows.

>>15118430
UC 0123. And read Crossbone after that too if you want.
>>
Kamille in the Double Zeta would've killed Haman in the first encounter, thus he had to go.
>>
>>15118476
>In the Double Zeta
Shit, didn't he come pretty close in the Zeta?
>>
>>15116873
It's Kamille, dumb dumb
>>
>>15118485
That he did anon, that he did. Thus, he had to go bye-bye or else there would've been no plot. Hell, he would've shoved Beecha and Mondo out the airlock the first chance he got.
>>
>>15118494
Yep, best Gundam protag had to be shoved out of the picture to make room for the worst.
>>
>>15118504
>judau
>worst protag
(you)
>>
>>15118512
Even among mecha shows, I'm unable to think of any other protagonist that lacks any sort of character arc.
>>
>>15118515
Mikazuki from IBO
>>
You just need to see thishttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_kFgOWyez0
>>
>>15118494
>he would've shoved Beecha and Mondo out the airlock the first chance he got.
yeah right.
You give Kamiyuu more credit than you should.
>Strange random woman comes to him explaining that she is his sister.
>She even has an obviously photoshopped picture of him and her together.
>Takes her aboard his warship
>gets suprised when she turns traitor.
Also Kamiyuu is way worse than Judau.
>>
>>15118582
He was the one trying to manipulate Rosamia hoping he could turn her as he failed to do it with Four and still has regrets over it. He never thought that she was actually his sister, but he played into her game to ease her. Rosamia really is just Four again but without the love story, it's Kamille extending her worries to all (cyber-)newtypes.
>>
>>15118689
Even if he knew, it was still stupid of him to just let her run around unsupervised.
He is no better than Katz when he let Sarah out.
It doesn't make it any better that he was projecting four onto her.
>>
>>15118726
Oh sure it was completely flawed but at least it's in-character, to me, he wasn't stupid enough to legitimately believe Rosamia, but he wrongly thought he could save her. Plus, even in her childish state she was freakin' dangerous!

It's easily one of my most despised Zeta moments, especially since I loathed Rosamia and it was just Four and the Psycho Gundam all over again, but at least it was in-character. It's only topped by Katz and the kids stupidity (those kids... even MSG kids weren't as stupid, hopefully they apparently upgraded a bit in ZZ).
>>
Don't go strait into zz the difference between Zeta's ending tone and ZZ initial tone is way to different. You really need a break of some other show between the two.
>>
>>15118737
I never said it was out of character, I just said that they are giving Kamiyuu more credit when they said that he would dump Beecha and Mondo.
Saying that he would have shoved Beecha and Mondo out of the airlock when he was okay with Katz being on board would be really retarded, since Beecha and Mondo were way better than Katz ever was.
>>
>>15118767
True dat, besides, they seem to get better and better whereas Katz never get past its starting phase. I'd have a really hard time choosing between him and Hathaway as most terrible character aboard the protag's ship.
Katz was somehow an interesting idea on paper (his initial dialogues with Char and Amuro were interesting), but I felt he was absolutely unsufferable in the show and I certainly didn't understood how they allowed him to stay aboard while he more or less did nothing of value even once and kept fucking up over and over.
>>
>>15118784
I am not sure how far you are into ZZ, but Beecha and Mondo basically stop being little shits and become better as time goes on, Beecha only pulls a Katz once because he was jelly of Judau so he went out in the ZZ, but after that he actually learns from his mistake and even admits that Judau is the better pilot and that he deserves the credit that he gets.
Hell Beecha even gets a big position and he manages pretty well for someone with no experience with that position whatsoever.

Regarding who is worse Hathaway or Katz I would say Hathaway because he actually gets someone else killed instead of himself and the reason for why may be even stupider than Katz's reason.
I really wonder how the son of Bright Noa of all people got to be such a huge fuckup.
>>
>>15117510
>Dunbine
>>
>>15118784
dude for real! Katz seemed pretty based at first and then they never develop it any further and turned him into fucking dumbass
>>
It's strange how i went from hating kamille at the start of zeta to him becoming my favourite character by the final episode.
>>
>>15118841
I'm at episode 25 (or so), they just landed in Africa and have been attacked by the ever-there specialized sub-ms.
At that point, beecha and mondo have sorta stopped being too bad, plus I felt that their shenanigans never put people that much at risk (maybe just an impression). The "we're going to steal XXX" gets tiring real quick, but it kinda stops at some point and it rarely goes very far for starters, the opposition is so comic at the beginning that it doesn't feel like it's such a big deal.
Beecha's been given the Hyaku Shiki so I expect him to stop a little bit the bullshit. I mean, he's got the pimp-ms now, what's to want more?

Now I'd agree for Hathaway vs Katz... plus at least, Sarah was genuinely caring for Katz, whereas Quess couldn't give a shit about Hathaway, but that didn't stopped him doing stupid things. It's indeed quite strange how the son of Mirai and Bright could be such a downgrade... Frankly, the whole Quess bullshit (her and her lovers) was the reason I'm not really satisfied with CCA. All the Amuro vs Char vs Gyunei parts are great, but there's so much bullshit with Quess and the rest... I feel that it would have been for the best if Gyunei would just have been given the Alpha Azieru and if Quess was scrapped altogether, I understand why she's there, but like Rosamia, it's such a terrible drag and then CCA is just a film, no time for the ever similar crazy girl newtype bullshenanigans (I'm quite afraid of what Puru could become, but so far so good).
>>
>>15118975
that's because you have something called empathy
>>
>>15118975
It just shows how this side of Zeta was well done. There are many badly handled stuff in this show, but Kamille's development is certainly one of the strong point.
>>
OK this seems like a decent place to ask. Where can I download/stream Gundam 0079, Zeta and ZZ. I've watched 0079 and part of Zeta but I want to get the whole experience. I downloaded 8th MS Team years ago so I have that. I'd prefer the dub if possible.
>>
>>15118979
I really didn't care much for, CCA the movie just introduces and kills of a bunch of new characters I don't really care about.
Char went from pretty cool mentor too basically the zabi style zeon he hated so much.
Lalah uses her newtype ghost powers to literally haunt Amuro and Char to their deaths.
Despite all that my biggest beef with it is that they killed off Astonaige for no fucking reason at all.
I will say that veteran "I am fucking tired of this shit" Amuro was great.
>>
>>15118996
I dunno check nyaa or bakabt.
>>
>>15118996
Kissanime (has every gundam series and movie)
9anime (some of the series have better quality and the movies are available in full HD)
>>
>>15119001
I think I was a little bit too hyped about CCA, it ended up being pretty much disappointing for anything but new MS (all of them are terrific, though I still think that the nu Gundam is a little bit too generic) and a proper closure of AmurovsChar. But yeah, I'd agree, bunch of new characters who aren't uninteresting but you clearly aren't watching the movie for them so it's hard to get invested.
Astonaige and his gf is indeed plain terrible and uncalled for, maybe Tomino was killing everyone so that they can't be re-used afterwards but still. The whole Lalah thing was getting long with Zeta already doing it with Kamille/Four/Jerid.
Best part is still Amuro royally fucking up everything and everyone who gets in his crosshairs, not taking shit for people he don't care about (but still reasonably courteous and not a total douche). At the end, you would think that he'd get some challenge but nope, him fucking up Gyunei twice in no time was very satisfying, same with the Char fight being pretty much a long but totally one-sided affair. Got me like it's really to show that Char is fucking up everything until the end, even his big end with his rival, he pretty much got curbstomped in the ms action, all aspect wise (funnel, long, close and even man to man).
>>
>>15117165
He sent his whole crew to their deaths trying to save his waifu. You gotta respect that.
>>
>>15119302
that part gave me the feels
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>15118504
>Jewdough
>Avenges Camille by beating the shit out of Wong
>Worst
>>
>>15119008
Thanks. I didn't know those sites existed. And I managed to get through episode 1 before 9anime went down. KissAnime seems to be working though. Is 9anime down for anyone else?
>>
>>15117167
so like, what happens to Kamille at the end exactly?

does he have like brain problems now? keep in mind i'm going through the early UC gundam shows and still haven't started ZZ; i don't know if Kamille is still relevant in ZZ
>>
>>15119821
9anime is currently down, yes

http://isitdownorjust.me/9anime-to/
>>
>>15119828
Mind gets fucked by Scirocco

In ZZ, he's vegetative for much of the series but starts regaining his faculties partway through the series - in the end, he helps Judau beat Haman with newtype bullshit, creating a barrier and reassembling the ZZ
>>
>>15119609
>Judau at the start of the series: "I hate adults!"
>Judau at the end of the series: "I hate adults!"

I have to take back what I said earlier. He does have an arc. After nearly losing his sister, he decides he doesn't actually care that much about her after all and fucks off with some blueberry bimbo to fuck around in the Jupiter Empire
>>
>>15120075
>Kamille at the start of the series: "I hate titans!"
>Kamille at the end of the series: "I hate the titans!"
Even then Kamille was also complaining about how shitty adults are and how glad he was Fa still was childlike.
Speaking of which Kamille alone had more teenage drama then the entirety of the zeta crew.

I'll give you the part where Judau just fucks off the jupiter for no reason, but even then there is a big difference between your sister being kidnapped or dead and knowing that his sister is somewhere safe.
>>
>>15117344

>ZZ
>(maybe)

kys
>>
File: Whiny.png (542KB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
Whiny.png
542KB, 984x720px
>>15120218
>Kamille at the start of the series: "I hate the Federation and I hate those arrogant Titans even more!"
>Kamille at the end of the series: "So many people have died today! Lives are the power that sustains the universe! To just waste them... You're nothing but an animal, you don't deserve to live!"
Best protag.
>>
>>15120406
>So many people have died today! Lives are the power that sustains the universe! To just waste them... You're nothing but an animal, you don't deserve to live

not gonna lie I shed a tear when he said that. I was thinking about all the people in the real world who are like scirocco
>>
File: 1421535119515.png (354KB, 605x588px) Image search: [Google]
1421535119515.png
354KB, 605x588px
>>15120432
Like George Soros?
>>
>>15120436
totally, that fucker deserves to be tortured for eternity
>>
>>15120436
Please don't be rude no one is irredeemable :(
>>
>>15120474
Since no one has told you yet. Stop typing like a fucking retard and quit using emoticons.

ZZ is actually pretty good, its just extremely jarring coming directly from Zeta.
>>
>>15117308
I watched 0079 knowing basically nothing about Gundam as a series. I went into Zeta expecting another very 70s show. Instead, I was totally blown away by the improvement in animation, direction, music, and so on.
If I had started watching Zeta after 0080 or 0083, that "wow" factor would be lost.
>>
Zeta was pretty shit
>>
>>15119266
>disappointing
You mean CCA was garbage. No need to mince your words.
>>
>>15120542
What you wanted was action schlock, what you got was kino.
>>
>>15116766
Why is that girl crying?
>>
File: Do it Faggot.png (271KB, 608x368px) Image search: [Google]
Do it Faggot.png
271KB, 608x368px
>>15116493
Wait till you get to Victory.
>>
>>15119828
>so like, what happens to Kamille at the end exactly?
Do you remember how the newtypes are some sort of telepaths that can transfer their psyches to other newtypes... Scirocco in his dying breath did just that he commited all his self to fucking up Kamille through their newtypes abilities and since Scirocco was a pretty strong newtype, it fucked Kamille up like the strongest LSD overdose.
>>
>>15120542
No it's exactly that, I wanted AmurovsChar in sexy suits and I got it, problem is all the other stuff there was in the series. Amuro repeatedly blowing up Gyunei was the nicest surprise and it wasn't that much.
>>
>>15120649
>Hmm judgind by the theme song pretty sure its not that dark.
>Reach episode 50

I just pause at the exact moment where reinforce jr exploded. Need to take some breather and maybe call my mum for abit
>>
>>15120406
Judau has pretty much the same sentiment with exact quotes at the end of the the show, except without the Kamille-special "you murderer! Die!" irony he stays compassionate. Which in itself is derivative but you can't feel polar opposites about them.
>>
>>15116493
Zeta in a nutshell:

https://youtu.be/4MyYVHwve0I?t=3s
>>
been watching 0079, should I watch the compilation movies too?
>>
File: good Rin Iogi lyrics.jpg (88KB, 543x224px) Image search: [Google]
good Rin Iogi lyrics.jpg
88KB, 543x224px
>>15120940
Should've watched the ED instead.
>>
>>15120940
Same thing happened to me with Zeta's opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrDASSYKmw
>Heh it's quite cool and cheerful
>5 episodes in
>Well it sure sucks hard to be Kamille...
>>
>>15116525
Judau > Camille > Amuro
>>
>>15121037
anyone?
>>
>>15121340
I haven't watched the compilation movies, but from what I understand it is just 0079 with better animation in movie format.
I am not sure why you would want to watch it after you already watched the 0079, unless you want to rewatch, but don't feel like watching 40+ episodes again.
>>
>>15121346
there's actually a considerable amount of new footage and some changes, especially the third film
>>
>>15121340
>>15121346
>>15121037
Movie I Has no new footage
Movie II Has some
Movie III Has a considerable amount, and it's pretty damn good

Most filer has been cutout, and it's easier to appreciate the story especially without SALT.

I think all of them have reworked sound too
>>
>>15121092
I WANNA A PURE TIME
>>
>>15121226
Kamille >=amuro>judau
Don't get me wrong I like Judau but kamille is better.
>>
>>15122134
EVERYONE'S A NOBLE MIND...
>>
>>15117344
>-ZZ (maybe)
Fuck you, itll be youre favorite. Also, just watch the 0079 movies, and a clip of odessa & gyan fight on YouTube or something in between 2&3
0079 series was fucked over and in some cases botched (not tominos fault) in numerous ways and the only time /m/ pretends otherwise is in threads like this, for some reason.
>>
>>15118350
>cardboard characters with little to no arcs going for them.
Oh fuck off, you obviously haven't watched
>>
>>15122127
>Movie I Has no new footage
>Movie II Has some
>Movie III Has a considerable amount, and it's pretty damn good
>Most filer has been cutout, and it's easier to appreciate the story especially without SALT.
>I think all of them have reworked sound too
EXACTLY. Objectively fuckin superior, accounting for time constraints. They put the Gundam story into the Star Wars template and it fuckin worked. Beautifully. Considering how hard it flopped on Toonami years ago, I have no idea why people think 0079 the series is gonna get kids into Gundam. Delusional. And I am not bashing the original show in any way here.
>>
>>15122365
I hear the pacing of the movies is all whack, though. Like the White Base is just getting attacked every 2 seconds by some new threat.
>>
>>15122404
anything to not suffer through that endless salt storyline I mean how many episodes did they even waste on that like half the fucking series
>>
>>15122416
I finished the series the other day, and I barely even remember the whole salt plot. The entire operation odessa arc with M'quve was tedious. Really, as soon as Char stopped showing up, everything got boring.
>>
File: All of uc gundam.png (316KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
All of uc gundam.png
316KB, 1366x768px
>>15117344
this is how you watch gundam:
-Origin
-0079 recap movie 1
-08th ms team
-0079 recap movie 2
-war in pocket
-thunderbolt
-0079 recap movie 3
-stardust memories
-zeta gundam
-CCA
-unicorn
bam, your done.
>>
>>15118302
Enjoyability is subjective.
>>
>>15122479
You forgot ZZ
>>
File: 1480698780051.jpg (42KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
1480698780051.jpg
42KB, 418x418px
>>15122479
>All of UC GUndam
>No F91 and Victory
>>
>>15122479
This is how you do chronological order wrong.
>>
>>15122686
What is wrong with it?
>>
>>15122757
Origin and Thunderbolt aren't canon, 0079 movies shouldn't be split up like that, no IGLOO, missing ZZ while not having ANT and having Unicorn
>>
>>15122479

>compilation movies
>no zz

You disgust me.
>>
>>15117344
>ZZ (maybe)
>Victory (maybe)
What's wrong with those shows?
>>
>>15122768
Origin anime is absolutely canon.

They're trying to make the Thunderbolt anime canon too, although they seem kind of inconsistent on the retcons necessary for that so far, unlike Origins.
>>
>>15122768
>Origin and Thunderbolt aren't canon,
But they fit in there really well, and origin makes the movie trilogy so much better.
>0079 movies shouldn't be split up like that
Dont argue, it just works.
>no IGLOO
Oh yeah, that exists.
>missing ZZ
Not a big loss.
>while not having ANT
ANT is unwatchable.
>>
>>15122802
>Origin anime is absolutely canon.
Like when the Federation actually had mobile suits for quite a while before even approving Project V? Or when the Battle of Loum wasn't the point that made the Federation decide to start researching MS technology?

And don't give me "animated works are canon according to Sunrise". That's a misinterpreted quote and the Japanese don't give a shit about canon.

>>15122824
>But they fit in there really well, and origin makes the movie trilogy so much better.
In what regard do they make it better?
>Dont argue, it just works.
The entire reason you did it was to keep things in the right chronological order even if you have to skip around. Doesn't work because 08th ends after 0080 which ends after 0079.
>Oh yeah, that exists.
And it's more important to the story of the OYW than 0080, though that's not saying much.
>Not a big loss.
No, big loss. By choosing not to go with ANT, you set up the Neo Zeon war and entirely skip it.
>ANT is unwatchable.
No, The Origin is unwatchable.
>>
>>15122887
>Like when the Federation actually had mobile suits for quite a while before even approving Project V?

The anime staff retconned them into earlier models than the ones seen in the original series, rather than the manga where they outright replaced them. So, yes. it's clear they intend to make the Origins anime fit into the existing animated continuity.

Most of the retconned content is only non-animated backstory anyway. Those changes would be pointless if they weren't intending to make animated Origins canon.
>>
My issue with The Origin OVAs is that they're simply awful, regardless of whether or not they align properly with the original animated material. Even within the context of its source manga it's awful.

Canon or not, fluid or not, it strikes me as dumb and unnecessary and always has.
>>
>>15122479
>starting with Origin
>skipping MSG series for the movies
>skipping ZZ
>stopping before Late UC
Your advice is horrible and you are a horrible person for suggesting this to others.
>>
>>15122997
I'll agree to that.
Mobile Suit Gundam didn't need replacing to begin with. The current situation where people are attempting to hoist a manga reimagining above the actual original series is deplorable. Not to mention the fact that if you're going to do a prequel to a landmark drama series it really shouldn't be a schlocky sitcom, just on general principle. Origin has way too much cheese and almost no meat to speak of.

I wouldn't mind the RTX-65 and the pre-ProjectV proto-Guncannons if they were actually in a well written story. I honestly can't imagine what is going on in the mind of a fan who tells a newcomer to read the manga instead of watching the original series. I want to assume that they're only suggesting that because they haven't seen the series, but I have to assume that at least some of them have actually watched the series and still inexplicably recommend Yas's Casval fanfiction over the real thing.
>>
>>15116534
Take a break between Zeta and ZZ. It'll make you hate ZZ less.
>>
>>15122795
ZZ has such a jarring shift from Zeta that it turns some people off. Other than that it's fine.

Victory is suffering, but not of the viewer, but the characters. There is a point though that some characters seem to die (in a row) just to create drama and it sadly cheapens their deaths a bit. Other than that, in my opinion, it's one of the best Gundam series. Objectively, it's a decent show that should be watched, but watch it after something lighthearted. I watched it after ZZ.
>>
>>15123023
>honestly can't imagine what is going on in the mind of a fan who tells a newcomer to read the manga instead of watching the original series.

The Origin manga follows the TV show and movies, but has art that doesn't look terrible on the eyes that has only seen modern anime.

Remember the #1 thing that prevents people from watching the original Gundam is that it looks ugly. The whole back story thing for Char is inserted as an in-between for volumes to pad it out and Char is not the main focus of The Origin manga. It is and always was the White Base crew. Honestly I think all the people that are bashing on The Origin haven't read the manga and have only seen the OVAs.
>>
>>15122127
should I skip the first movie then?
>>
>>15123516
I'm rewatching the BDs right now though and it's a very nice looking show. People are fucking retarded lol
>>
>>15122887
>In what regard do they make it better?
If you are going with the movie trilogy, then origin gives the story and characters more context. Especially characters like Dozle, Ramba and Garma, who had very little screen time in the movies. In the movies, Garma shows up, begs Chars help because Char helped him out that X time, and then Char betrays him. All of this is more tragic and meaningful after seeing their interaction in origin first. When watching the trilogy after Origin, you get the benefit of having a whole bunch of background characters, feel like more fleshed out people.
>>
>>15117344

Victory is good everyone here is lying.

The villains sort of degenerate in the 2nd half though.
>>
>>15116534
Actually, first half of ZZ was made with it being a breather from Z's angst in mind.

It's also best part of ZZ, second half is just Z for poor.
>>
File: Gundamep20h.jpg (74KB, 886x664px) Image search: [Google]
Gundamep20h.jpg
74KB, 886x664px
>>15122479
>this is how you watch gundam
>1) Origin
You don goufed.
>>
I watched Origin and 0079 at the same time, and I loved it. I watched the first episode of Origin at around episode 20, I think. It was during the Ramba Ral arc.

I watched the second episode after Sayla and Char had their encounter at Texas Colony where M'quve got rekt.

Then I watched the third and fourth episodes of Origin at around episode 38 of 0079.

I honestly feel like this is the most effective way to experience UC Gundam for the first time. I loved every bit of Origin. Rather than being a "oh, remember that character?" kind of prequel, it gave me added context that made me all the more excited to see how 0079 would end.
>>
>>15125477
I like watching a linear story. It's more fun that way.
>>
File: ganbai.gif (580KB, 192x255px) Image search: [Google]
ganbai.gif
580KB, 192x255px
>>15124311
i thought i was the only guy who saw the origin series that way, cheers anon.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.