[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She is just a preachy bitch with no arguments.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: unicorn.jpg (379KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
unicorn.jpg
379KB, 1366x768px
She is just a preachy bitch with no arguments.
>>
it was so weird that she was still important, Char pretty much denounced the Zabis as Cassval in the 2nd Neo Zeon War
>>
>>15115944
>it was so weird that she was still important
Just like in my Mary Sue fics.
>>
>>15115924
>She is just a preachy bitch with no arguments.
NOT AN ARGUMENT
>>
File: just took a nap.jpg (34KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
just took a nap.jpg
34KB, 500x374px
>>15115924
She's a dumb zeek that spent her entire life as a McGuffin because spaceniods happen to be just that dumb, what'd you expect?
>>
>>15116236
As evidenced by the Late UC, spacenoids love installing monarchies, so it makes sense that a political family of dictators would have their infant daughter treated as a literal princess who is somehow incredibly important to their cause.
>>
File: mineva sama.jpg (157KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
mineva sama.jpg
157KB, 700x525px
>>15115924
white bitches amirite?
>>
>>15115944

And Char turned out to be such a reasonable guy they should listen to, right?
>>
>>15116351
considering they got some guy to cosplay as him and transfered char's mind to him via psychoframe.
>>
>>15116241

That has more to do with the Gundam disease (Often called 'Lack of creativity', ask you doctor about it today!) than anything else.

Did 0079 do it? Then that's a law of physics and it always happens even in alternate universes.

Spacenoid monarchies are just one of the many symptoms of this disease.
>>
>>15115944

Not really, since while Spacenoids adore Char they also turn on or ignore him quite often. And they adore Mineva for much the same reason they adore Char, she's a child of a big Spacenoid figure. It's notable though that for all they profess adulation for Mineva, Marida is the only one who really listens to her or gives a shit what she says. The rest of them just pay her lip service because of her lineage, and then do whatever they want anyways. Even Zinnerman doesn't listen to her.
>>
File: Mineva disengages her limiters.jpg (26KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
Mineva disengages her limiters.jpg
26KB, 500x319px
>>15115924
Her argument was literally "Hey guys, stop being preachy bitches, you're all ruining the world."

Which is kind of Unicorn's whole theme, really; stop following faggots and just do what you can for you and the people you love.
>>
File: 1409519998284.jpg (21KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
1409519998284.jpg
21KB, 258x322px
>>15115924
Imagine how I felt going back and watching all of UC in hope it would help me understand the plot and her character.

>mfw finishing Unicorn and realizing my mistake
>>
File: Anime_Janai.jpg (78KB, 450x660px) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Janai.jpg
78KB, 450x660px
>>15116774
You didn't read the one manga that explains her motivations, why she doesn't like Char and the source of all the newtype-magic shenanigans
>>
>>15116451
Pretty much. She's passed around because having her is a way to say "HEY LOOK I STILL HAVE A PIECE OF THE OLD KINGDOM!" She has little actual value except as a way for others to claim legitimacy as Zeonic leadership. Much the same as participants in any other political movement are McGuffins for later day neophytes to hold up as proof of their inheritance - "___ agrees with what I say, so what I say must be right!" It only matters to people already supporting the cause.
>>
>>15116451
>Marida is the only one who really listens to her or gives a shit what she says.

Since when?
>>
>>15116382
Funny thing - creativity crisis came together with the EF falling apart due to being unable to change and with the collapse of japanese asset price bubble irl
>>
>>15121102

Since the animation. It may be true in the novels for all I know, but despite her trying to achieve coexistence from the first, no-one listens to her and even Zinnerman is basically collecting her for the figurehead she represents in the beginning, before he goes off to get revenge after a few episodes because he doesn't care what she says.
>>
>>15121116

Well, the time Victory (1993) aired the bubble had burst, but then the following 7-8 years was Gundam AUs that at least tried to deviate a bit, including giving us Turn-A and *ahem* G Savior (where'd they get the money for live action movie after the asset bubble? Or is it BECAUSE of the bubble they did that? hmmm). 8th MS team was the only UC work during that time.

Funny thing though, it was SEED rehashing a lot of UC in 2000 that gave Gundam a second wind.

Speaking of which, SEED is going to be 15 years old this October. Now who feels old?
>>
>>15121140

*seed was 2002, typo
>>
>>15121140
Didn't it burst by the time of F91's release?
In my opinion, the burst was the reason Gundam went to multiverse - Bandai decided to sell the stories under the Gundam brand because it sells in any circumstances
>>
>>15116787
Cosmo's looking pretty Rare Pepe there.
>>
Despite not /doing/ much, Mineva is easily the strongest Regina Pax in Gundam.
>>
>>15115924
SHE IS THE TRUE RIVAL OF CHAR xd
>>
>>15115924
She has nice poofy hair. Everything else about her is irrelevant.
>>
>>15115924
I'd still fuck her
>>
>>15121157

According to Wikipedia the bubble economy lasted from '86 to '91 yea, before bursting in early '92 - though it does say there was signs of collapse by late '91. I'm no expert though obviously. Still, I doubt you can really explain the Gundam AUs by saying they took shows and branded them Gundam to sell, since there was only ever one Gundam show at a time and that implies they stopped making Gundam but rebranded other shows as Gundam to make those shows successful. Which is silly. Also, Gundam demonstrably doesn't sell in any circumstances, because Victory fell short of it's UC TV show peers by my understanding.
>>
File: 12122112451.png (341KB, 320x492px) Image search: [Google]
12122112451.png
341KB, 320x492px
>>15115944

Char loved Mineva like a daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMz7YHPIiI
>>
>>15122028

To throw more to think about, going through Sunrise's list of shows: the 90s is also when Sunrise graced us with the Yuusha series.

In the few years before (~88 and on) they gave us shows like Wataru, Eldran series, and Future GPX (not exactly /m/, but it's Fukuda). Shows which they did continue with OVAs and sequels after the bubble burst

Looking at that, I think one impact of the bubble is the death of OVAs/sequels. Shows are only funded as one-off, and only if they're particularly successful would further works be created
>>
Sorry bud, if you were hoping to find a female character in Gundam who isn't a strawman set up to prove Japanese social stigmas as true, then you have obviously never actually watched any Gundam series before.

>it seems a woman's ambition will always be destructive lol
>>
>>15122319
Stay mad, roastie
>>
>>15122319
This. IBO has an unironic harem for christ's sake. Gundam is many things, but progressive is rarely one of them.
>>
>>15121127
I've always thought it was because they shared a special bond or something.

But Mineva sure is cold and unreceptive though. I mean, she specifically woke her up from a goddamn coma just so she could pilot the bellpepper. What gives.
>>
>>15123962

Are you confusing Mineva with Marida?
>>
>>15115924
>Hey guys Zeon is great and all but maybe we shouldn't be retarded and constantly start wars for no reason.
>WOW WHAT A PREACHY BITCH
???
>>
>>15124521
Did you miss the entire conversation? She opposed creation of a trading bloc. Are you as paranoid IRL as well?
>>
>>15124822
Did you?

>oppose the creation of a trading bloc whose entire purpose was to fuck over Earthnoids, which would just add even more fuel to the fire that is Earth-Space relations and in the worst case scenario would see Earthnoids forming their own equivalent of the Principality of Zeon

>because, as the last of the Zabis, it's her duty to point out that Zeon was a fucking stupid idea and has merely perpetuated distrust and violence between Earthnoids and Spacenoids, and the last thing anyone should be doing to improve relations and make this world just a little bit less shitty to live in is dicking over one side for the benefit of the other
>>
File: 1424588285614.jpg (301KB, 740x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1424588285614.jpg
301KB, 740x1008px
>>15115924
Welcome to gundam! Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>15116513
>Its a gundam!
>>
>>15126087
>His smile and optimism: gone
>>
File: 1484616751019.jpg (234KB, 1002x456px) Image search: [Google]
1484616751019.jpg
234KB, 1002x456px
>>15115924
>She is just a preachy bitch with no arguments.
>>15115456
>Was she mentally retarded?
>>15115711
This is what an Arab looks like to the Japanese.

Hey autistic shitposter, what happened to your other shit threads?
>>
>>15127003
Quattre last name is Winner
his mom was probably an arab as he has a weird european sounding name, arab middle name and white last name
>>
>>15121195
That's not Afro Amuro, that's Amuro Classic.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.