[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Rescue Solbrain Episode #53 (Series Finale)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 53

File: the end.png (616KB, 630x474px) Image search: [Google]
the end.png
616KB, 630x474px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889976

Looks like the old thread died just before I posted the finale. Oh well.

Having had his first attempt at destroying Solbrain foiled, Ryuichi Takaoka instead turns his attention to Kazuya, attempting to instill in him the poison of rage. Solbrain is led into a deadly trap -- and this time only Solbrain or Takaoka will escape alive. Why does Ryuichi Takaoka persist in his hatred after so many years? Commander Masaki takes flight with the crew of the SS-1. The final mission for Solbrain is here!

Notes:
So many finals here. Solbrain's final mission. The final appearance (other than flashbacks) of Ryoma, Daiki, Reiko, Jun, Dozer, and Kamekichi. The final challenge for Takaoka. This is a great episode, though I did find it amusing that in retrospect, it only took a floppy disk to keep Takaoka enraged. His final scene is particularly amazing. Doesn't it seem like there are some people who, for them, anger is all they have, their only reason to live?

So, that's it. That's the end of Super Rescue Solbrain. I certainly hope that you've enjoyed watching this series as much as I've enjoyed presenting it to you. Expect a batch soon.

Once again, I'd like to thank Ignis from Over-Time for assistance in getting these hosted, and all of you for supporting and encouraging me. Big shout-outs to Megabeast Empire for their work on Juspion, and Millionfold Curiosity for their work on Gavan -- Metal Heroes are getting finished! Also, though technically not a Metal Hero series, Big Nova Subs for Byclosser!

Final words... hang on to love, because tomorrow will always belong to you! I'm Sailor Otaku, the Weeaboo Shogun, signing off for now. At least until Exceedraft...

(Batch is forthcoming.)
>>
File: sayonara.jpg (80KB, 900x673px) Image search: [Google]
sayonara.jpg
80KB, 900x673px
Well done, Sailor. Thanks so much. :D

"Detectively" speaking, this last plan of Takaoka was not only the best, but also a real elaborated one - specially if we consider this show as easy entertainment for kids, not "real thriller for adults". Pretty impressive. Too bad toku plots nowadays are flat like a paper sheet. As we were talking before, toku needs more poison, like they had in the past.

INB4, https://yuki.la/m/14043496

Nostalgic.
>>
>>15114620
>Looks like the old thread died just before I posted the finale. Oh well.
It was fate. The finale deserves it's own thread. Thanks a bunch SO!
>>
>>15114620
Can't thank you more for this, SO. Until next time, good luck with the big move!
>>
File: spooky santa.jpg (34KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
spooky santa.jpg
34KB, 635x478px
Solbrain ending was better than Winspector. The villain was cool, the plan more complex and the last scene with the cars a bit melancholic.

Like Winspector, since BR rip has bad quality, many BRs will download a lot this version.

Waiting for Christmas Nightmare.
>>
>>15114878
Winspector ending was just bad and poorly thought out. Very disappointing as it was definitely the better series
>>
>>15114878
>>15114907
Makes me wonder if Exceedraft's will be insanely awesome or insanely stupid, for a specific reason.
>>
>>15114878
Muito obrigado to all my BR watchers out there. How lucky you guys were to get to watch so many great shows before Saban.
>>
Fuck yeah, another show subbed.

Thanks so much for the hard work and dedication man.
>>
>>15114912
>Makes me wonder if Exceedraft's will be insanely awesome or insanely stupid
It's both. Exceedraft episodes tend to either be both those things or really boring. I remember there being surprisingly little middle ground.
>>
>>15115013
Miyashita's the head writer for that, so I can't say I'm surprised.

In any case, the first episode title is something else.
>The Kindergarten Bus of Death
>>
File: fuck cgi.jpg (208KB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck cgi.jpg
208KB, 1280x480px
>>15115017
>The Kindergarten Bus of Death
J-Jump in, a-anon.................. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
>>
File: DSC3482.jpg (115KB, 744x558px) Image search: [Google]
DSC3482.jpg
115KB, 744x558px
>>15114971
Together with Champstice from MBE, BRs love your fine work. Solbrain was the last official dubbed toku here (we got Ryukendo after it, but only a few really watched). 1987-1996 were great: 9 great years of toku, 25-26 shows around. Saban messed things a lot (VR Troopers came to life only because BR licensor repa$$ed Spielban+Metalder+Shaider), but shounen anime (Saint Seiya, DBZ) killed the genre here. Because of them, licensors gave up on Exceedraft (to close the trilogy), Liveman and Blue Swat. We can't have everything - irony of life.
>>
>>15115298
That's the thing about Exceedraft: when the stunts are good, they're REALLY good. When they're bad, they're silly as hell.
>>
>>15114620

God bless you /m/en!
>>
>>15114620
You're the fucking man, Sailor Otaku. Stunning work.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11KB, 291x173px
Weeaboo Shogun Presents:
Super Rescue Solbrain
Episode 1-53
Full Series Batch
(DVD 10-bit x264, AAC Bunny Hat Raw)
Japanese language with English Subtitles.

After Winspector leaves to fight crime overseas, Commander Shunsuke Masaki develops a new team dedicated to saving the lives and hearts of both innocents and criminals. With upgraded suits, a new arsenal of weaponry, a new support droid, and two suited up field agents, as well as a massive firefighting mothership, there is no challenge too great, no risk too high for Solbrain. But they will be tested at every step of the way by those who abuse science and those whose hearts have been twisted by evil. The continuing story even features the return of Ryoma Kagawa, Captain of Winspector, as he helps Solbrain pursue a deadly criminal mastermind.

The second entry in the Rescue Police series of Metal Heroes, all 53 episodes and the series preview, fully subtitled in English with DVD quality visuals.

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=890093
>>
>>15116287
>>15114620
Based as fuck. Eagerly awaiting Exceedraft!
>>
File: GOOD JOB.webm (679KB, 1072x1072px) Image search: [Google]
GOOD JOB.webm
679KB, 1072x1072px
>>15116287

WELL DONE SIR.
>>
>>15114620
>>15116287
God bless you, sir. We don't see it as often as we used to, but you're one of the prime examples of /m/en getting shit done. Thanks for all the effort.
>>
File: c5f4f6h1.jpg (122KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
c5f4f6h1.jpg
122KB, 800x640px
--> Metal Heroes GUIDE 1.3 (JPG) available: https://imgbox.com/g/43Tmt8mXdw (or "totalmetal" at tinyurl).
--> Metal Heroes ARCHIVE (pastebin) available: http://pastebin.com/L9NRetiY (or "mharchive" at tinyurl).

Bookmark & share it. I will (slowly) trying to create more Mega accounts to keep completed projects safe (like a third source), avoiding official 404ed DDLs and torrents without seeds. Hope we can have a MH Generals soon (I'll try to create one in a near future just to measure receptivity).

>>15114620
>>15116287
Was amazing to rewatch it 20 years later. Your effort was one of the main reasons I recently decided to invite 2 friends and organize MH data for non-JP community. It's the smallest thing I can do for help.

THANKS SO MUCH.
>>
>>15118286
Sorry, but the metal heroes guide is very much information overload and unpleasant to look at. If I saw that as a newcomer, it'd turn me off desu
>>
File: It's_a_secret_to_everybody.gif (5KB, 544x196px) Image search: [Google]
It's_a_secret_to_everybody.gif
5KB, 544x196px
OwO what's this?

https://mega.nz/#F!j0sHRbrL!xdV_q3QKfY6KkuzZRtm7TA
>>
>>15118286
Where the hell are there Lady Battle Cop subs?
>>
>>15118384
I've got a script file, sadly no raw. There used to be a mega link on the tokusubs wiki for it
>>
>>15118391
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=622330
>>
>>15118391

Share the script
>>
>>15118286
>>15118334

Yeah dude we gotta have someone else make a new guide. This thing is embarrassing and full of information that's just wrong.
>>
>>15118441
Just look through the history of edits for the tokusubs wiki and go to the one where lady cop was added.

>>15118400
Thanks! Feel dumb for not looking there first
>>
>>15118334
>>15118466
Mini version for lazy people available now.
https://imgbox.com/cpLtDkIO

>>15118343
>https://mega.nz/#F!j0sHRbrL!xdV_q3QKfY6KkuzZRtm7TA
Thanks a lot. Already updated in MH Archives.
>>
>>15118567
Metalder's not complete. There's 10 episodes in the middle missing.
>>
>>15118441
>>15118472
Better yet, you can go here:
http://rarelust.com/lady-battle-cop-1990/
>>
>>15118642
>better yet
No. That's a shit filehost.
>>
>>15118625
Read the archive, mate.
>>
>>15118691
I downloaded normally some days ago.
>>
Big Nova released Episodes 1 and 2 of Changerion. It's their 2017 project

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=890245
>>
>>15118819
>The design process behind Changerion was to makea hero out of clear material. After many twists and turns of figuring out how to get that to work, they ended up with a suit that weighed somewhere between 40 kg and 100 kg. It was so heavy that the only JAC stuntman who could wear it was Okamoto Jiro. He recalls that “It was a total pain on the neck”. They tried to get Hagino Takashi to wear it at one point, but it was too heavy and he was scared of breaking it.
Okamoto is the unsung hero of suit actors, it's a wonder that he's been at it for so long even despite cases like this.
>>
>>15118703

Are the HK subs for those episodes of Metalder really useable?
>>
>>15118892
Yes.
>>
>>15118567
Looking at the pictures. Jiban feels like the Earth based equivalent of Gavan. They even share the same aesthetic.
>>
>>15118845
Incidentally, you can still see the concepts for Changerion here.

http://www.radiotoon.com/CG/
>>
File: CGDS_07.jpg (15KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
CGDS_07.jpg
15KB, 200x300px
>>15118965
>Changerion was going to have multiple forms
>including WIZARD ROLE (fairy form)
Well, that would have been awkward.
>>
>>15118845
Yeah he is a pretty damn unsung hero when it comes to being a suit actor. He has done a ton of shows over the last 30ish years.
>>
>>15118954
I heard a rumor that supposedly Winspector's Fire, Bikel, and Walter were "alternate forms" or secondary heroes that they originally planned to use for either Jiban, or a sequel to Jiban, but didn't for some reason and it ended up being its own show.
>>
I'm so waiting for Guyferd and B-Fighters....

I thought Big Nova was going to do B-Fighters, but I might be remembering wrong...or was that MFC? Who is also going to do the next show after Gavan.

...Anyone know if anyone is going to sub Guyferd?
>>
>>15119048
>I thought Big Nova was going to do B-Fighters, but I might be remembering wrong...or was that MFC?
MBE, for the first show. They're taking a page from SO and doing a first run of scripts.
>...Anyone know if anyone is going to sub Guyferd?
No clue, that one is a no man's land.
>>
>>15119062
Damn.

Well hopefully MBE can get it done in a pretty steady fashion. They did okay with releasing Juspion...so we will see.

God, I hope someone eventually does Guyferd, I've been wanting to watch it and I really don't want to watch the raws without knowing what's fully going on.
>>
>>15119083
>Well hopefully MBE can get it done in a pretty steady fashion. They did okay with releasing Juspion...so we will see.
They still have Janperson though, so that might be tricky.
>>
>>15118981
I feel very conflicted about this design. Sexually.
>>
>>15119086
You do have a point with that one.
>>
>>15119062
Yeah, I sub until I have about half the show done, then I have time to release while I finish the rest of the episodes over time. I used to be able to do about one episode a day but that's gonna change once I move, probably.
>>
File: jiraiya_10-life or death.jpg (61KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya_10-life or death.jpg
61KB, 720x544px
>>15118819
>It's their 2017 project
All effort is valid, but THIS show being done before Jiban, Cybercops, Blue Swat, B-Figthers... is a bit waste. Is it underground? Yes. Is it good to have underground shows done? Yes. But it's also a regular weak show - and we got many other heroes with better quality. Serious... Jiraiya got all timming service DONE, just need the english inputs, and files are available to download. In general, more than half of process already done.

In short words, I think these guys are choosing poorly their projects...

>>15119158
Hey, Saylor. Do you remember where you downloaded the Exceedraft raws? I got my copy, but I didn't like the rip quality... I would like to try again, from a better source.
>>
>>15119335
>But it's also a regular weak show

There is absolutely nothing "regular" about Changerion and that's why it's a fascinating show.
>>
>>15118845
They managed to barely even elaborate on it.

The close-up suit was roughly 100kg. It was an urban legend amongst the staff that if anyone other than Okamoto tried to wear it and turn their head, they'd break their neck. Jiro was put in the hospital because of how much strain it had on his body, and nowadays calls it a "pain in the neck" but still looks fondly on his time filming it.

He's a glutton for punishment if it means a more captivating show, it's extremely respectable. the suit being so heavy is also why later on, a lot of the fights are just finishers and super attacks stacked on each other.
>>
>>15119335
To be fair, they really want to do Strada 5, but had trouble with it so far due to no captions and no translator. Plus they can't even try to do Kyodain without proper raws.
>>
>>15119391
I was under the impression that Strada 5 was gonna get done anyway, but that it would take quite a bit longer.
>>
>>15119335
>In short words, I think these guys are choosing poorly their projects...
Shut the fuck up. They choose what they want to sub, not what you want to be subbed. They put the hard work in so they should sub whatever pleases them. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

And I'm sorry, but a Toei toku by Shirakura and Inoue means far more to modern English speaking toku fans as those two were so involved with Heisei Kamen Rider. So this is a very good choice to sub.
>>
I have no problems with Changerion being subbed.

I hope someone picks up Jiban.

I'm heavily considering doing Jiban myself, though it'd be a translation of the Spanish subs that are out there... so

I don't know how people would feel about that.
>>
>>15119039
>Okamoto Jiro
There's no rumor behind it. I've seen the art behind it, at least in the case of the weapons the Winspector team uses.

If I can find it, I'll post it but I remember it being called Strong Jiban, and the Gigastreamer was just one of his many weapons.
>>
File: StrongJiban.jpg (6KB, 176x234px) Image search: [Google]
StrongJiban.jpg
6KB, 176x234px
>>15119663
Here ya go
>>
>>15119655
Honestly, it would be better if someone like SO or the Big Nova folks did it. A game of telephone is usually not so much of a good idea.
>>
>>15119655
Don't do it. NKS is subbing Jiban atm, so I think no one needs to rush to that series unless they really want to. And in that case it shouldn't be half-assed subs.
>>
>>15119754
>>15119762

Alrighty, thanks for the heads up. I'm bilingual (I live in Miami), but those are very good points.

Also, NKS is subbing Jiban? I didn't know that. Are they the ones who are also doing detective conan? cause I havent seen anything from them in ages.
>>
File: LION MARU.jpg (57KB, 720x512px) Image search: [Google]
LION MARU.jpg
57KB, 720x512px
>>15119362
Well, if you have said Changerion "try to innovate", I would totally agree - no doubt. However, we also need to see further: the result of this "innovation" became into an inconsistent format - Akira is almost a meme character (even his car), the designs are fucking odd, effects were created in a time 3D tech wasn't mature (almost the same shit with betamax in Cybercop 10 years earlier) and the ending was just a punch in the face, almost an Ex-Machina clone. Even users who loved Changerion's creativity agreed a lot about this because many people saw the ending like a "blow that plot away" from the producers point of view... Together with Spielban, was the worst ending in MHs.

In general, they tried to make things different, but it was also - and unfortunately - a clear sensation of messed show, even among their fans. We can see it around the web in endless discussions.

>>15119391
>To be fair, they really want to do Strada 5
>>15119411
>I was under the impression that Strada 5 was gonna get done anyway
I understand. All of us have our own personnal taste, but I tried to make a cold analysis, seeing it from a mix of quality (show A x show B) and practical perspective (there are finished and free material around to use). Great show + timming done, so... why not finish it? Just it.

Talking about Strada, I believe this is one of the hardest to get subs because it's super old and from specific niche. I think even more than Lion Maru (both aired almost in the same time). At least this last one got RAWs (http://ryuunodan.blogspot.com.br/2011/04/kaiketsu-lion-maru-mkv-mpeg-audio-dvd.html), while I never saw one for Strada.

>>15119549
>Shut the fuck up. They choose what they want to sub, not what you want to be subbed.
Chill out. The classic "don't like, don't watch" is a retard meme used to silence people. BTW, are you part of the staff? If not, stop getting irritated so easily, it's shameless. Send this to other threads, not here.
>>
Is it true Spielban is disliked by the Japanese fandom?
>>
>>15119766
No that was moon lighter subs. NKS picked it up from episode 2 and has released up till 4 so far. It's been a while since their last release but he/she has said it's a very mood thing. But my point is unless they're completely off the grid for ages folks don't have to do Jiban and can focus on other stuff. Unless of course that is their big desire, in which case I say do it since I think you should always be subbing what you want. But again, that's assuming you've got a proper translator onboard.
>>
>>15119766
>Also, NKS is subbing Jiban? I didn't know that. Are they the ones who are also doing detective conan? cause I havent seen anything from them in ages.
Nah, you're confusing them with Moon-Lighters, which haven't returned to normal activities even after dropping DB Super.

That said, NKS hasn't been active since November lately, so I think it would be safe for someone to pick it up if they don't do anything after a year.

>>15119767
>In general, they tried to make things different, but it was also - and unfortunately - a clear sensation of messed show, even among their fans. We can see it around the web in endless discussions.
That's Inoue for you; if no one seriously puts him on a leash, he goes on tangents (see what happened when he and Shirakura worked on Faiz).
>>
>>15119780
Isn't Jiban supposedly 'cursed' considering every group that tried to do it...has either failed, given up, or broken up before getting very far?
>>
You're the best, I'm so glad you're a part of this community.
>>
>>15119767
>Well, if you have said Changerion "try to innovate", I would totally agree - no doubt. However, we also need to see further: the result of this "innovation" became into an inconsistent format - Akira is almost a meme character (even his car), the designs are fucking odd, effects were created in a time 3D tech wasn't mature (almost the same shit with betamax in Cybercop 10 years earlier) and the ending was just a punch in the face, almost an Ex-Machina clone. Even users who loved Changerion's creativity agreed a lot about this because many people saw the ending like a "blow that plot away" from the producers point of view... Together with Spielban, was the worst ending in MHs.
tl;dr You just don't like it. And this may come as a shock, but people don't have to agree with your opinion.

>but I tried to make a cold analysis
These are people, not robots. We don't need cold analysis.

>while I never saw one for Strada.
BunnyHat specifically encoded Strada 5 for BigNova.

>The classic "don't like, don't watch" is a retard meme used to silence people.
I'm not silencing your opinions. I'm saying what people sub is their decision, not yours. Unless you're part of the sub group, you ultimately have no say over what they want to sub.

Subbing is a hobby. This is illegal work you should only be doing if you have a passion for it and want to spread your enjoyment of these shows to others.
>>
File: 43175,17958.jpg (27KB, 400x288px) Image search: [Google]
43175,17958.jpg
27KB, 400x288px
>>15119655
>I'm heavily considering doing Jiban myself, though it'd be a translation of the Spanish subs that are out there... I don't know how people would feel about that.
Avoid it. You'll get stressed for no reason and boring people will probably mock if they find even a small error. Let this battle for people who speaks JP fluently. About Jiban, we all know it's a cursed MH. I doubt if guys from JA-Scanlations will finish it.
>>15119785
Unfortunately, I think it is.
>>
File: 55218402_p0.jpg (209KB, 783x1019px) Image search: [Google]
55218402_p0.jpg
209KB, 783x1019px
>finish episode 40 of Solbrain
>decide to check pixiv
>all that fanart of SolJeanne being tortured
why
Pic at least is nice.
>>
File: Yuka Shiratori.jpg (76KB, 720x535px) Image search: [Google]
Yuka Shiratori.jpg
76KB, 720x535px
>>15119782
>see what happened when he and Shirakura worked on Faiz
Good point. To be honest, I don't think actors were bad (Takashi Hagino was even a villain in KR Ryuki). My point with Changerion is the overall production - different from any other before.

>>15119803
>>People have opinions.
>>People are not machines.
>>Fansub work for free.
>>"Shut the fuck up" meme + "don't like/don't watch" meme =/= silence opinions
Stop saying these shit, anon. Pointless again. In the very end, I'm not the one who got "mad" for a simple opinion and said people to "shut the fuck up". Try to guess who was?

At least, thread get bumped. Mission accomplished.
>>
>>15119785
People said so about Abaranger, and IIRC also to GoGoV and Gingaman. The three are subbed now.
>>
>>15119903
touche
>>
>>15119903
>>15119925
Also, the Brave Series in general. Anything gets subbed eventually, short of a complete lack of material to pool from.

Besides, it's Gold Lightan that can't seem to get subbed atm (but still has HKs of a sort).
>>
Looking around at Metal Heroes villains. God Neros is the stuff of nightmares. It feels like the writer watched too much of Battles Without Honor and Humanity on the villain side.
>>
>>15119952
Susumu Takaku generally does not hold back when it comes to unsettling creepiness.
>>
>>15119934
>Besides, it's Gold Lightan that can't seem to get subbed atm (but still has HKs of a sort
That's just that terrible incomplete pile of episodes I threw together, right?
>>
>>15120069
Yeah, just about.
>>
Jesus, I'm away from /m/ for a few years and there's a ton of Metal Heroes subs. This is amazing.
>>
>>15119767
>Akira is almost a meme character (even his car)

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but intentionally making a character goofy in the hopes of getting a laugh is NOT what a meme is.

Now, there are things in Changerion that did become memes, but I won't get into that.

> the designs are fucking odd

Is that supposed to be a negative thing? Changerion's monster designs are just about my favorite aspect of the show.

> effects were created in a time 3D tech wasn't mature

And? It's a low budget show from 21 years ago, what the hell do you expect?
>>
>>15119335
BunnyHat has Exceedraft raws on Nyaa. Still there.
>>
>>15119669
Wow, he has the GigaStreamer, the DiSlider, and the Maxcalibur all in hand.
>>
>>15120493
Strong Jiban would have even more ridiculously high fire power. Jiban and Winspector popularized heroes having huge arsenals, like we see nowadays.

As for Walter, Bichel, and Fire being different forms for Jiban, I believe I've heard that rumor too. It might be on the Japanese Wikipedia. It makes sense somewhat. Keita Amemiya did the hero designs for both shows.
>>
>>15119669
That look cools as hell, but kinda impractical for one suit.
>>
>>15120502
Janperson, too. It's like his entire body is a weapon.
>>
>>15119039
>>15120502

I'd always heard that Jiban was originally meant to be a Jiraiya sequel, as well. It seems like they were trying really hard in '88, '89, and '90 to try and find "the new Gavan", especially after the commercial failure of Metalder. More of Jiban and Jiraiya would've been great, but I'm glad that Winspector was the one that got really popular.
>>
>>15121042
>'d always heard that Jiban was originally meant to be a Jiraiya sequel, as well.

If it was, there are virtually no traces of it in the final show.
>>
File: jiban 31.jpg (100KB, 984x491px) Image search: [Google]
jiban 31.jpg
100KB, 984x491px
>>15120402
>Is that supposed to be a negative thing?
If it's original and done right, great. If it's original and done badly, well... It's just bad (ex: MC suit). Monsters are good, but comparing with other shows, even Jiban got some better monsters 7 years earlier. So... It wasn't "that" great. Just ok.

>What the hell do you expect?
Don't used it. Continue with cheap analog chroma, like Sentai did until... 2000. Better cost-benefit ratio, anon.

>>15120490
Thanks -----> Checking now: NO seeds -----> SHIT.

>>15120502
>Strong Jiban would have even more ridiculously high fire power. Jiban and Winspector popularized heroes having huge arsenals, like we see nowadays.
Thank god. Sword finishers were overused. Time to use some ballistic.

>>15119669
" We " War Machine " now"

>>15120223
>Jesus, I'm away from /m/ for a few years and there's a ton of Metal Heroes subs. This is amazing.
Welcome. Grab a chair, pick a show and find your waifu (avoid gay shit like Sentai fags love), rah.

>>15121017
>Janperson, too. It's like his entire body is a weapon.
The ultimate multi-tool.

>>15121134
>>'d always heard that Jiban was originally meant to be a Jiraiya sequel, as well.
>If it was, there are virtually no traces of it in the final show.
It's partially true. During pre-production, Toei would like to create a "ninja cop", as Jiraiya sequel. But they watched Robocop and changed plans, creating a "robot cop". Only "small link" with Jiraiya was in episode 31, with his little brother as a special guest.
>>
>>15119391
Yeah, kinda hard for him to put captions through Jisho when there is none :(
>>
>>15116287
Fucking champion.
>>
>>15121778
I never said that they were the best monster designs ever, just that they were IMO one of the stronger parts of the show.

I don't hate the Changerion design but the suit itself really is hampered by the weight. The weapons also didn't match up with the crystalline look and it revs up my autism every time.

>Don't used it. Continue with cheap analog chroma, like Sentai did until... 2000. Better cost-benefit ratio, anon.

God forbid they want to try something different. CGI might be the norm now but it wasn't back in 1996.

And, IMO, Shining Attack would have looked far worse if it were chroma keyed using Toni's cheap ass methods.
>>
I just want to thank you guys for being awesome. /ssg/'s turned into a cesspool, but at least this is still a decent thread to discuss toku.
>>
File: juspion after fit.jpg (30KB, 320x306px) Image search: [Google]
juspion after fit.jpg
30KB, 320x306px
>>15122152
>I just want to thank you guys for being awesome. /ssg/'s turned into a cesspool, but at least this is still a decent thread to discuss toku.
We know how to bulk a thread.
>>
File: 1446696263750.jpg (449KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1446696263750.jpg
449KB, 1200x900px
>>15122234
Even the guy that can't let an argument lie down helps, since some interesting info comes out as a result.

Plus, it's literally impossible to talk about the Tacks outside of their movies.
>>
>>15122152
It's the hidden benefit of not having a currently airing show that bored idiots from /tv/ want to shit up conversations about.
>>
>>15122263
There's still the possibility of speculating about the new crossover movies.
>>
File: golden monsu.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
golden monsu.webm
3MB, 512x384px
Together with Bomber Honma from Solbrain (ep.34), is the gold version of Monsu from Machineman the most fit MH villain of all time?
>>
>>15116287
10/10. Absolutely outstanding. You're quickly becoming the Crinn of the toku scene.
>>
>>15122693
Are you trying to curse the poor man, Crinn's been tied up and working slowly last I heard...
>>
>>15122800
Yeah, but he subbed three whole series quickly on his own before vanishing in the Chilean wilderness...
>>
>>15122800
>>15122825
Maybe referring to SO as the KofukuSub of the toku scene would be a better alternative, since the latter takes on shoujo stuff on her own (although she is much slower: http://kofukusub.livejournal.com/36161.html).

Besides, SO did say that he'll be busy before and after the Exceedraft project, iirc.
>>
>>15121778
>Grab a chair, pick a show

I was probably just going to start with Gavan since I've always wanted to see it. Juspion looks dope too
>>
https://twitter.com/FortMax/status/821821773687771137
>Gavan blu-ray
Oh boy!.jpg
>>
>>15123095
Well maybe I'll wait a bit now >>15123096 and start with something else.
>>
>>15122853
She did Tokimeki Tonight? Wow, I like her already.
>>
So for viewers of Solbrain, does anyone have a favorite episode so far/overall?
>>
>>15122853
> Tokimeki Tonight and Aishite Night.
> Rascal the Raccoon as a planned project.

Neato.
>>
>>15123514
The last of it, at least. One thing I respect/like about her is, for all her talk of stepping on other people's toes (since Orphan collaborated with Saitei to finish the show at the same time), she completed the project anyway. You hardly see commitment like that anymore.

>>15123517
Pretty tough question. The one with Daiki's mentor was pretty good, but the one introducing SolDozer's upgrade was cool too.
>>
File: blazer cannon.jpg (247KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
blazer cannon.jpg
247KB, 500x700px
>>15123121
Better choice (I really don't think someone else will release a BD rip fast, specially a MH). So, start with Juspion (if you like mech), Winspector (if you like police theme) or Byclosser (if you like something more light vibe and shorter). Janperson is still stucked in ep.19 and Solbrain is Winspector's sequel - watch them later for better appreciation. If you just want to watch super fast movies, take a look at Hikaruon (29 minutes) and Lady Battle Cop (80 minutes).
>>
File: 100% mad.jpg (133KB, 952x526px) Image search: [Google]
100% mad.jpg
133KB, 952x526px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0JYism5hs

Mad Gallant fucking Geki's ass. Benikiba lewd. No Juspion/Tarzan yet (shit).
>>
File: kaiju vader.jpg (30KB, 381x588px) Image search: [Google]
kaiju vader.jpg
30KB, 381x588px
>>15124673
Satan Goth (01:16).
>>
>>15124717
Oh shit, it's getting more serious than I thought.
>>
File: kzc1yw.gif (2MB, 499x375px) Image search: [Google]
kzc1yw.gif
2MB, 499x375px
>>15124733
It has everything to be the best MH movie ever produced (with Deka as allies and Juspion's nemesis as enemy, it's an easy task). But we must down the hype a lot when talking about Toei. You know, just for safety...

There's also a small curious detail here: original Gavan got 2 blades (one used in the beginning, with a cross-guard; and a second model in the end of the list, with black-gold stripes). With his blade broken, Geki will swap to the "original" one (pic).
>>
File: yumiko furuya_hiroshi watari.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
yumiko furuya_hiroshi watari.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
--> ARCHIVE updated (http://pastebin.com/L9NRetiY, or mharchive at tinyurl). Know a link? Want to create one? Share here.
>>15118819
Thanks.
>>
>>15124673
>crashing a wedding again

Nice. Wonder if Deka will ever be subbed
>>
>>15125720
No english subs yet? Serious? My god.
>>
>>15125720
>>15125759
O-T just recently got to the 20s, but I wouldn't hold your breath for complete subs for a while.
>>
>>15125766
I'm a liar, apparently. Most recent release was episode 18.

http://over-ti.me/releases/special-police-dekaranger-18/
>>
Did they ever say what year Winspector took place in? Because I was completely sure it was 1999 yet in episode 42 of Solbrain they said there were still 10 years for the turn of the century,when I checked, I didn't find any mention of the year of Winspector so might be mixing it with Ohranger.
>>
>>15125791
I'm watching it right now as a first timer and yeah they said 1999. Could be something they just forgot.
>>
>>15125766
>>15125773
Jesus... I said that because I watched it in my language many years ago from a shitty tv-rip. Always thought it was already subbed english.

>>15125791
Winspector is set in 1999 (ep.1 say that in the very beginning). Don't remember about it in Solbrain.
>>
>>15125854
it sorta is, TV-N did their usual job on it
>>
>>15125854
>Always thought it was already subbed english.

Well, if you count TV-Nihon as being in English.
>>
File: cybercop_cyber-unit suit up.webm (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cybercop_cyber-unit suit up.webm
2MB, 400x300px
>>15125791
Cybercops was another show set in 1999. Everybody wanted to see the end of the world in 1999-2000.
>>
>>15124673
A E S T H E T I C
>>
File: mikie hara.jpg (207KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
mikie hara.jpg
207KB, 1200x800px
>>15125894
I'm not a waifu fag, but one thing got my attention: see a hot busty 30's woman in toku nowadays, and playing a ninja with lewd visual, is not common.
>>
>>15126022
>Mikie Hara
Incidentally, she'll also show up in Sakamoto's Polymar film.
>>
>>15126022
>>15126109
she's acting now? no more gravure?
>>
File: posttkm04_41.jpg (482KB, 1115x1450px) Image search: [Google]
posttkm04_41.jpg
482KB, 1115x1450px
>>15125868
>>15125867
The Deka subs are fine if you really wanna watch it.

The fact that people won't watch Tomica Heroes because of their subs is the shittiest thing thou.
>>
Watched the two Changerion episodes, not bad so far. Iffy on the digital but it's not much of an issue
>>
>>15125827
>>15125854
Thanks, then I guess they slipped up on that.

>Don't remember about it in Solbrain.
In episode 42 the bad guy Touyama says there's 10 years till the end of century(which makes sense if its said when Solbrain aired).
>>
>>15126151
TV-Nihon is the only one that subbed Tomica Heroes, right?
>>
File: 1228240113841.jpg (476KB, 1517x1617px) Image search: [Google]
1228240113841.jpg
476KB, 1517x1617px
>>15126289
I think someone was scrubbing them but I don't know how far they got.
>>
>>15125827
>>15125854
They definitely forgot. They also referenced the year in the Nazi episode by saying how many years it was since the massacre. And they even got that wrong.

Today, 1/20, is the 26th anniversary of the premier of Solbrain. You should celebrate by watching Solbrain, which I have conveniently subbed!
>>
>>15126022
What? The suit actor is a woman? pretty cool. The suit screams Deep Throat from Metal Gear Solid.
>>
>>15126685
She's not a suit actor. Benikiba's a face villain.
>>
File: Space_Sheriff_Gavan_Opening.jpg (11KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Sheriff_Gavan_Opening.jpg
11KB, 480x269px
The cast list in Space Sheriff Gavan is insane! It wasn't so surprising now that both Paul Verhoeven and Quentin Tarantino reference it from their work. It's literally JAC actors as actors. No Questions Asked.
>>
>>15126826

When did QT reference Gavan? I know Ohba and Chiba had a little tongue in cheek scene in Kill Bill but that's it.
>>
>>15127048
QT never did reference Gavan but did use Sonny Chiba and Kenji Ohba in Kill Bill Vol. 1. The closest thing i can think of is QT using JAC on action scenes. Crazy 88 is their moment.
>>
>>15127048
I don't think he ever has. His taste in Japanese films and television seems to be strictly exploitation and period dramas.
>>
>>15127079
Having Sonny Chiba play an incarnation of Hattori Hanzo was pretty much QT going "You know what was a cool show? Shadow Warriors."
>>
>>15127085
>His taste in Japanese films and television seems to be strictly exploitation and period dramas.
Agreed. We like toku, but these cinema guys - when talking about Japan - usually quote Kurosawa samurai movies, Yakuza themed movies, even one or two doramas... They "like" Japan, but not exactly toku.
>>
File: benikiba.jpg (59KB, 326x474px) Image search: [Google]
benikiba.jpg
59KB, 326x474px
>>15126685
>What? The suit actor is a woman?
She's the lewd ninja from Jiraiya, man.
>>
>>15127079

Ohshit I didn't even realize. So the Crazy 88 are sentai mooks. Neat.
>>
File: JUST Shelly.png (1MB, 1316x996px) Image search: [Google]
JUST Shelly.png
1MB, 1316x996px
>>15124673
*record scratch*

*freeze frame*

"Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation..."

*Somebody Once Told Me starts playing*
>>
File: do it.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
do it.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>15127385
By the way, people are saying Shelly will die and become the monster Hellvira from episode 0. Everything is possible, but it's hard to believe... Actual Toei is too soft and fearful.
>>
File: Smug Sheev.png (6KB, 358x291px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Sheev.png
6KB, 358x291px
>>15127385
>That simian face

Top fucking kek. Whoever made that corpse did an excellent job capturing her likeness.
>>
File: satan.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>15127385
Deka fags are talking about Satan.
>>
>>15127471
They should give Exceedraft a call, they fought him once already. Gogo V would be a big help too since they're experienced with apocalyptic monsters
>>
File: lucifer.jpg (88KB, 635x586px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer.jpg
88KB, 635x586px
>>15127506
Definitely. They should also called "LUCIFER" from Cybercops to help. kek.
>>
>>15127361
Orion produce Robocop. That shirt!
>>
>>15127393
Girls in Trouble might have a twin bathtub scene. Its sometimes how girls bond.
>>
File: kek'ed.jpg (17KB, 236x248px) Image search: [Google]
kek'ed.jpg
17KB, 236x248px
>>15127578
This thread is becoming full of easter eggs.
>>
File: MY-SIDES.gif (982KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
MY-SIDES.gif
982KB, 375x281px
>>15127589
>might have a twin bathtub scene
>>
>>15127589
>>15127393
When Arakawa's on the writing helm, always stay on your toes. He may not be as wild as Inoue, but he can still catch people off-guard when the situation calls for it.

>>15127506
It would be funny if the actual business suit Satan showed up in a continuation to this afterwards.
>>
>>15127361
I don't really mind desu, since I like quite a bit of Japanese movies and television outside of tokusatsu programs.

Also, I think Tarantino is more of a Kinji Fukasaku and Seijun Suzuki guy than a Kurosawa guy.

>>15127079
>>15127372
The whole fight is more along the lines of a scene in Sex & Fury where Reiko Ike's character slices through yakuza thugs to get at their boss. It's not nearly as flashy but still.
>>
File: our-guy.jpg (97KB, 960x543px) Image search: [Google]
our-guy.jpg
97KB, 960x543px
>>15128420
Me neither. But I was talking about general western directors/producers. These guys, when rarely say something about JP, they always quote Kurosawa and... usually not more than this. They don't "watch what we watch" - despite ripping a lot of shit from japs (http://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Kill_Bill_References_Guide/japanese).

btw, the only Hollywood guy I remember quoting Ishiro Honda, Osamu Tezuka, Tomino and other jap guys was Del Toro (specially during Pacific Rim... never forget, guy was almost on crack while visiting JP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiwkProsb5o

Real or fake, he trully operates on another level.
>>
>>15128554
Art works both ways. Its just that the entire cinephile scene are bleeding heart elitists first, enjoy it second. If not Kurosawa, they quote Ozu.
>>
>>15128554
Generally, you're correct about western directors. I just don't get why you seem to be including Tarantino among them when he does take influence from plenty of other Japanese directors and is not even secretive about it.
>>
>>15128716
Because the reply chain started with somebody saying that Tarantino referenced Gavan in particular, I assume.
>>
https://twitter.com/shirok/status/822389710483922944
Not even Amazon wants anything to do with the Tacks.
>>
Does anyone happen to have a DDL for this torrent:
>https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=688794
>>
>>15129074
I might have hard sub encodes of that made in handbrake uploaded on my MEGA (I'll check when I have access to my computer). Sadly the actual unencoded raw I lost in hard drive failure.
>>
>>15129549
The hardsub encode is perfect.
>>
>>15128554
>http://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Kill_Bill_References_Guide/japanese

>QT ordered the staff to shoot a miniature set of Tokyo like a landscape from the giant monster movie. He even screened a video of Gargantuas to Daryl Hannah because in his mind, Kill Bill is a kind of War of the Blonde Gargantuas.

Oh god Tarantino got his foot fetish from watching kaiju destroy tokyo underfoot.
>>
>>15129848
https://mega.nz/#F!CsRzHApC!M7ey6PtKvcNE8Gw_nrPqIQ
>>
>>15130937
Thank ya for that
>>
>>15131313
Sorry if there's any issues with them. I just used handbrake and didn't actually go through an check if they came out right. Hopefully there isn't anything wrong cause no one's seeding the unencoded raw on nyaa anymore (I've had it on since November!).
>>
>>15131366
Eh, even if there is, it's currently better then nothing.

Thanks again
>>
File: shaider fucking beta.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shaider fucking beta.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
Watching the trailer again, remembered the boring tsundere from Shaider Next will be here again. Shit.
>>
File: me on the back.jpg (6KB, 126x122px) Image search: [Google]
me on the back.jpg
6KB, 126x122px
>>15132041
>>
File: Kuuga thumbs you up.gif (2MB, 267x151px) Image search: [Google]
Kuuga thumbs you up.gif
2MB, 267x151px
Ho, boy. Another Metal Hero finished. I really should get my ass on the chair and finish Juspion once and for all. Now that I'm half way though GoGoV, I'm in dire need of some rescue themed toku.

Thank you Sailor Otaku and all of the people involved in subbing MH. You're the best. I'm not a BR (more like an ARG) and I'm really thankful that you're making stuff like this easily available.
>>
>>15132090
Have you watched/checked out the Tomica Hero series?
>>
File: 631574.jpg (77KB, 485x600px) Image search: [Google]
631574.jpg
77KB, 485x600px
>>15132090
>>15132224
>Tomica Hero
I watched both, "rescue force" and "rescue fire". It's pretty ok, a good alternative for Toei shows. Vaguely remember Cybercops - for the fact it's an "armored sentai" - but created for rescue, even more than Exceedraft and GoGoV. Lack a bit of "edgyness", but has some famous faces (the actor from the first Kamen Rider, the guy from Shaider next...) and a good CGI with vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-aNCdCUCI

Worth a watch.

>>15132090
>Juspion
Eps. 35 ---> 46 (final) is the final step of the show, man. Don't give up because shit will get serious (and we'll have the "sequel" in Gavan x Dekaranger in some months).
>>
>>15132224
>>15132432
I've heard of it (specially because Hiroshi Fujioka shows in one of them) but never bothered to check it out. Maybe I'll give it a chance.

>>15132432
>Eps. 35 ---> 46 (final) is the final step of the show, man. Don't give up because shit will get serious (and we'll have the "sequel" in Gavan x Dekaranger in some months).
Shall do. I'll restart the series, though, cause I only watched 8 episodes and I've forgotten everything that happened.
>>
>>15132527
Great timing, since MBE put up a non-fixes batch.
>>
File: 25037.jpg (109KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
25037.jpg
109KB, 1024x576px
>>15132432
Saying it's just "pretty ok" isn't giving it enough justice. It's one of my all time favorites. Good action, good stunts, the best Toku CGI period, and both seasons have some of the best songs to ever grace this type of show (this is just my opinion, but the CGI is fact).

It was way better then the Rider and Sentai of those years.
>>
File: juspion 08_ba dum tss!.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
juspion 08_ba dum tss!.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
>>15132763
>>15132763
>It was way better then the Rider and Sentai of those years.
Agreed. But we must be honest... this is not even a hard task.
>>
>>15132818
Honestly, I just get the feeling that if it's not the 80s and it's also not Juspion, it's unimpressive to you.
>>
>>15132763
>the best Toku CGI period,
Watch GARO
>>
>>15133156
> GARO CGI
> good
>>
>>15133156
I did up to Goldstorm episode 21 and then I kinda got bored.

If Makai Tales has better CGI then I missed it because I just haven't watched it yet but nothing in Goldstorm or anything before was as impressive. And hey, if it does, I can always just say "Childrens Toku" I guess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B1K967qXco
Well, it looks like Girls in Trouble is certainly living up to its name and making Hellvira a prominent threat.
>>
File: scared.png (122KB, 361x370px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
122KB, 361x370px
>>15133156
>Watch GARO
First Garo is great, a nice step forward into the genre, but it's not a fair technical comparison, anon. 2005's CGi for organic monsters x 2008's CGi for mechanical vehicles are pretty different in essence. In this case, Tomica did better for their proposal.

>>15133044
>Honestly, I just get the feeling that if it's not the 80s and it's also not Juspion, it's unimpressive to you.
Well... and I just get the feeling that you are exaggerating.

>>15135034
<<---
>>
>>15135161
>Well... and I just get the feeling that you are exaggerating.

Well...I was on the Juspion part.
>>
File: blue swat 26.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blue swat 26.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>15137961
Actually, I'm on Purple's side now.
>>
Started Juspion, does Miya ever do anything?
>>
>>15139913
Basically nothing - it's the useless mascot of the show. If I do remember well, she has only 1 episode exclusive for her.
>>
>>15139960
Ah, and she saved Juspion once, in the middle of the show.
>>
File: garo-gs-18-cghelmet.jpg (240KB, 1430x810px) Image search: [Google]
garo-gs-18-cghelmet.jpg
240KB, 1430x810px
>>15133352
Goldstorm had minor flourishes like the shoulderpads wobbling when he turns around and reflections showing on the armor, which is more attention than I can remember in any TV toku.
>>
>>15139913
She stands in the background while somehow being scarier than most of the Mega Beasts.
>>
>>15141159
It would help if Toei could have used a material that didn't easily deteriorate throughout the whole show. It's no wonder why they used robot mascots at times back then.
>>
File: this little nigga.jpg (60KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
this little nigga.jpg
60KB, 720x544px
>>15141623
Unfortunately, Sentai had a lot more mascots than MH (only Ballboy from Machineman, Miya from Juspion, Springer from Metalder, Harley/Boy from Jiban and... nothing more if I do remember well). In the very end, Demitasse from Winspector was the most usefull and funny.
>>
>>15141835
Machineman isn't even a Metal Hero.
>>
>>15141931
You're 3 threads late, man.
>>
>>15141986
I let it slide before, anon.
>>
https://curiouscat.me/lovexcare/post/88143676?t=1485288219
>Angel suggesting at somebody to go after an MH show
Respectable course of action there, considering.
>>
>>15141835
Janperson has a sort of mascot character in that helper robot who turns into his final weapon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuigU7jzPJI so this just came out today.
>>
>>15143390
Well remembered.

>>15143907
03:25 = LOL. Mugen orgy is always insane.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.