[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Godmars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (63KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 300x410px
How is Godmars?
>>
>>15112109
Superior to Zeta Gundam
>>
>>15112109
Badly animated. Repetitive. Has an awful stretch in the middle where they extend it by another 26 episodes without giving them any additional money. Nice OP and ED themes though. Read the manga instead, even though they basically have nothing to do with each other beyond the most basic premise and mech names.
>>
>>15112125
>awful stretch in the middle
Okay that wasn't just me
>hey we finished the main narrative and defeated the evil emperor that killed the main character's family and conquered his homeworld
>here's some non-related shit, see you back at the end of the show!
>>
>>15112125
Also: one of the oldest fujoshi bait shows in existence.
>>
File: godmars.png (264KB, 741x592px) Image search: [Google]
godmars.png
264KB, 741x592px
>>15112109
One big endurance test.
The best thing I can say about it is that once you hear Takeru yelling "Gattai" you can skip the next two minutes since Godmars, despite being the titular robot, is nothing more than a long finishing move most of the time and Gaia does most of the actual fighting.
>>
>>15112130
>>15112125

It honestly felt like someone put the second season in the middle of the show by accident.
>>
>>15112109
The best goalie you'll ever find on the green
>>
>>15112130
Not only was it badly animated, it was fucking retarded

>Some girl I've known for five minutes is being attacked by people for unknown reasons
>Better spend the next third of the series fighting a war in her name
>>
>>15112109
>How is Godmars?
Godmars is really fucking fascinating but not necessarily all that good.

It was an early example of a mecha show that developed a secondary female fanbase because they shipped two male leads with each other.

The second half was basically a separate show altogether that they shoehorned the Mars in because the producers wanted to extend the length of their unexpectedly popular show.

And it ends with Godmars going to hell to kill Satan and save the souls of the dead.

I'm very glad I watched the series, but I'd be hard pressed to recommend it to anyone.
>>
>>15112453
>And it ends with Godmars going to hell to kill Satan and save the souls of the dead.

wait what?
>>
>>15112109
>How is Godmars?

Good show, that is if you're a 5 year old.
>>
In my opinion the second arc was better than the last one. It may not be that interesting but at least it has some plot and a few battles where Godmars does something different than just fight one guy and kill it with the only two attacks it has (or where it's not the only one fighting).

The last arc looks pretty good at first when Zuul comes back and places a curse on Takeru. But it actually changes nothing outside of adding drama that doesn't build up to anything. He just keeps fighting the same guys in succession which is also irritating because you don't see any progression.

The final battle was pretty lame too, the fight in the kingdom of the dead would have made a better ending.
>>
>>15112601
>wait what?
That is an actual thing that actually happens in the show. It's like the second to last episode.

The last episode is Mars abandoning the Earth to float among the stars as sad music plays.
>>
>>15112656
>In my opinion the second arc was better than the last one.
I agree. The second arc isn't necessarily bad, it's just completely unrelated to anything that came before it, and it doesn't really tie into the rest of the show in any way.

My biggest complaint about the second arc is they didn't commit to it, and instead brought back Zuul at the last moment.
>>
>>15112682
I think it would have looked less out of place if after that Takeru kept traveling into space (because that's what humanity was trying to do in the first place) and also kept freeing people from Zuul's influence.

The "power of love" (or whatever it was) that helped kill Zuul would have also made more sense if it came from all over his empire and not just the few people present during that fight.
>>
File: 1-13299-21388-JPNATOR1png-620x.jpg (216KB, 620x858px) Image search: [Google]
1-13299-21388-JPNATOR1png-620x.jpg
216KB, 620x858px
>>15112109
I don't know anything about Godmars, aside from its legendary stock animation, but I'm always supremely confused about its link to pic related.
>>
File: Cs3gM3-WgAEwIrq.jpg large.jpg (44KB, 692x261px) Image search: [Google]
Cs3gM3-WgAEwIrq.jpg large.jpg
44KB, 692x261px
>>15112759
I didn't know what to expect going into the manga, but it wasn't The Day the Earth Stood Still.
>>
>>15112768
Mecha was better when it had clear sci-fi influences instead of being stuck in this weird incest-like quagmire of exclusively copying other mecha.
>>
>>15112759
Mitsuteru Yokyama created both of Tetsujin 28 and Mars.

Tokyo Movie Shinsha approached him to adapt his works and he accepted.

Yokoyama wasn't big on accuracy in the adaptations of his works, since he didn't really care about anything more than helping to create job opportunities for younger artists and animators who were willing to pursue the career.

That's really all there is to it.
>>
>>15112782
Mitsuteru Yokoyama is exactly who you want if you want clear sci-fi influences.
>>
File: 1288283697532.jpg (54KB, 530x385px) Image search: [Google]
1288283697532.jpg
54KB, 530x385px
>>15112785
>Yokoyama wasn't big on accuracy in the adaptations of his works
you don't say
>>
>>15112768

That's a can do attitude. An I respect that.
>>
>>15112794
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgtNMdZtJUQ

Come, let us journey through the river of time.
>>
>>15112125
>badly animated
It's turned into an in-joke now though. SRW always depicts Godmars's attacks as the worst animated things in the world.
>>
>>15112913
It's more or less exactly how it looked in the show

Only difference is that Takeru like to throw the sword a lot. Even the Final God Mars attack was actually a sword throw, not a stab.
>>
File: Godmars.gif (840KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Godmars.gif
840KB, 320x240px
>>15113094
>Only difference is that Takeru like to throw the sword a lot.
Hey, buddy, catch!
>>
>>15112785
>Yokoyama wasn't big on accuracy in the adaptations of his works, since he didn't really care about anything more than helping to create job opportunities for younger artists and animators who were willing to pursue the career.
That's really cool.
>>
>>15113100
You'll have to dig it up on your own for the actual quote, but he was always big on supporting environments that allow artists to flourish.

Guy loved art and took it very seriously, but that was a big defining element of classic mangaka like him.

See: Ishinomori Shotaro, Osamu Tezuka, and many others.
>>
>>15112790
Ishinomori too.
>>
Fucking boring man. People talk about how the second arc was pointless, but fuck, half of the first and third arcs were filler too and had things like The Rose Knight having an actual goddamn secret identity (Spoilers: it's Rose. I mean technically it's Marg's ghost in Rose's body but she let him do that so it's the same shit.

It's not a terrible show, and when it does good things it does them really well, but... Eh. Not really recommendable unless you really like 80s animation.

Speaking of that, it's animation quality is usually pretty good... It just abused the fuck out of stock for God Mars (the second arc at least added a fuckload more of it). There was a reason for that though, God Mars is a horribly complex design and they had trouble drawing it on model when they had to make new assets for it earlier on so when it gets animation sometimes that's QUALITY AS FUCK.

Also>>15112242

>>15112601
Yeah, that's a thing. Zuul, as it turns out, is also the God of the dead and he starts torturing Marg for the whole "Rose Knight" thing.

Takeru goes there (turns out that weird psychedelic space episode where he met some evil ghost that might have been Zuul was important after all!) and gets a powered up Mars Flash powered by the souls of the dead and kills Zuul in the afterlife, and then in the last episode he turns into a god in his own right thanks to the prayers of everyone on Earth and permakills Zuul in the land of the living, with one of the first "glows gold" transformations in anime.

>>15113094
They also need to let him have Six God Attack as God Mars (which they at least did in D) and maybe that Breast Fire he did at the end of the first arc when he forcibly blew up the bomb.
>>
>>15112119
Its surperior to 80s!Tetsujin if you compare it to that and other TMS mecha shows
>>15112601
>Satan
That's Zuul
>>
>>15112125
Have you watched Mars 1994 ova and 2002 series (with Muse as the series' Marg/Roze)?
>>
>>15113979
>>Satan
>That's Zuul

Your point?

also0:
Zuul, he is a Muge Zorbados
>>
>>15114196
The Second to the last episode shows that
>>
>>15114196
>Zuul, he is a Muge Zorbados

Zuul came first, and the two really have very little to do with each other outside of "are evil gods".
>>
>>15112759
>Japan acknowledging it's war crimes
THE FUCK IS THIS SORCERY?
>>
File: Mitsuteru_Yokoyama1.jpg (10KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsuteru_Yokoyama1.jpg
10KB, 200x300px
>>15117201
"I do whatever the fuck I want"
>>
>>15117201

The author really seemed to dislike humans a lot in general
>>
>>15117212
Objectively speaking, humans are pretty much shit tier.
>>
>>15117201
A struggle about humanity understanding, otherwise DESTROY THE EARTH FOR GOOD! That's what he did in the end
>>
>>15117201
>it's
Japan is war crimes themselves?
>>
>>15117219
Remember that Japan was involved in WWII and being part of Axis? It occupied most of the Asian countries and Australia.
>>
>>15117228
>Remember that Japan was involved in WWII and being part of Axis?
No, and neither does Japan.
>>
>>15117234
Then read its history
>>
>>15112759
These atrocities are drawn a bit too cartoony. I shouldn't be laughing at those arms and legs stick up from off panel. But I am!
>>
>>15117247

Their history books don't mention it much.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.