[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Active Raid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Took a while for the cast to grow on me but I was enjoying it by the end, even if the conclusion was pretty rushed. Was about as fun as Patlabor TV & Dai-Guard were in my opinion.

Any chance of this getting a Season 3?
>>
>>15107595
but who was baba michii
>>
>>15107595
1/10, literally everything in it was hard to sit through and painful at that
>>
>>15107595
Low chances, sold pretty badly.
>>
>>15107723
They explained that, you missed it.
>>
>>15107595
Never, the general public's shit taste cannot be fixed.
>>
>>15108060
nips have fucking shit taste
this show deserves a full new season at minimum
>>
>>15108070
>>15108067
To be fair, it's cast was way too huge for the amount of episodes it had. Too many characters weren't fleshed out enough, this stands out even more when the cast itself is sorta zany too I feel. That and both the east and the west only seem to tolerate episodic series when it's either about little girls doing little girl things or to a lesser extent if it's really artsy/experimental.

It is a fun series but it has it's flaws. Actually got better in S2 too which isn't something that happens all the time. Maybe it'll get into Super Robot Wars some day?
>>
>>15107595
>Any chance of this getting a Season 3?

Why do you think so, anon?
It wasn't popular enough to begin with.
>>
>>15108060
good, it deserved to flop
>>
File: who.jpg (313KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
313KB, 1280x720px
>>15108063
>>
>>15108209
>>15108211
I thought it did just okay?
>>
>>15109500
If studio not getting money back from selling BD/DVD it is NOT OK.
>>
>>15109529
Yeah I didn't know that, I just remember in some sales threads that it looked middle-of-the-road
>>
>>15109500
The BDs had twice as many episodes on them and thus were twice as expensive, so if you double the BD numbers it did pretty okay.
>>
I simply didn't enjoy it, probably half because of the "it's a new Code Geass" hype. I can't get invested in the massive cast, it's not even that there are too many well underdeveloped characters, but rather that the characters lacked interesting designs to begin with.
It's either "I am a reckless person (you can tell because of the scar on my face) who looks up to a senator for saving me", "Oh my goddo I'm surroundedu by foolsu", "I'm not actually twelve", or "I'm the trash man, I eat garbage".
>>
>>15109566
>it's a new Code Geass

Who actually said this?
>>
>>15109661

Ignore the shit poster
>>
>>15107595
Not much, no. It was apparently initially aimed at normal people rather than anime fans, if you can believe that.
>>
>>15109533
It's middle of the road by current (downward) market trends, but we don't knew how much the show cost to produce at all.
>>
>>15109566
Never watch Super Sentai or the sillier half of Tokusatsu shows. You'd die.
>>
>>15109661
Half the same producers or something; there was hype for it.
>>
>>15110052
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-07/code-geass-director-taniguchi-makes-active-raid-tv-anime/.93877
>lel ANN
>>
>>15110053
everything will always be related to Code Geass and Madoka in ANN
>>
>>15110052
>>15110053
Half? That's all nonsense. It must be from a non-Japanese source. They literally only have one person in common and he was explicit about this show not being anything like CG from the start, which was all about the character drama.

He even said something to the effect of AR being a show meant to be seen in a state of non-seriousness, with relaxation and without stiff shoulders.
>>
>>15110053
Ok Goro Taniguchi also recently directed Maria the Virgin Witch, so we deserved to be disappointed.
>>
>>15110062
it was just hype floating about on /m/ last year, """could""" it be the new CG, not that it was. That's hype regardless.
>>
>>15110065
Taniguchi's work on Maria the Virgin Witch was good though, but that's also totally different and not even mecha. I will say that sold even less than this though, thus confirming that Nippon only wants either total otaku bait or outright mainstream content.
>>
>>15110068
For something that was basically just Metal Hero-flavored Super Sentai, I'd call misplaced hype.
>>
>>15107595
Better than Tiger and Bunny
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.