[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 17

File: NEKKI FUCKING BASARA.png (2MB, 1198x874px) Image search: [Google]
NEKKI FUCKING BASARA.png
2MB, 1198x874px
Alright /m/,

You're in charge of the next Macross. The catch is that you have to choose a real-world band or singer for the main musician(s) as fictionalized versions of themselves, like how Fukuyama's Humming Bird became Fire Bomber

who do you choose and why?
>>
>>15104519
Basara a autistic
>>
>>15104519
JAM project. Do I even need to explain?
>>
>>15104519

Daft Punk, as a pair of Zentradi techno composers/DJs.

The plot of the show involves fighting a bunch of mysterious powerful machine-ships that are very aggressive. The music theme this time is that Daftradi's gimmick is that the sample sounds and patterns from the deep space sensors and work it into their music for add that inhuman weird spice to their music.

Something they are sampling is part of the control signal that drives the machines, and when the music plays the machines pick up on that and start paying attention like they are going to be given orders. But the rest of the 'command' is techno music, so it just confuses the shit out of them and stuns them long enough to be destroyed.

Halfway through the series, we finally meet the builders of the machine ships. They are a protoculture seeded race that killed their BirdMan and reverse-engineered it. They got into their first war with the Zentradi and managed to survive with a pure military victory, no culture attack. In response, they started building the machine weapons to defend their space.

They know that the rest of the galaxy is dangerous, so they just churn out automated machine weapons and surround the region they control with them, programmed to automatically swarm and attack invaders. They are presented as being like what humanity might have become if we just violenced our way through the usual macross problems instead of using music and culture. And now that they know that there is a unified galactic power growing out from Earth (instead of a bunch of smaller warring Zentradi factions) they are feeling VERY threatened.

Culture isn't going to work on the builders, but music might still be the secret to beating their machines...
>>
Fuck that shit, I don't want another faggot like Basara. Also j-rock is ded. Just make more original songs like Delta. If there was anything good about that trainwreck it was the songs.
>>
File: Macross B.jpg (64KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
Macross B.jpg
64KB, 770x433px
>>15104519
I choose Based God as the protagonist of the next Macross.
>>
>>15104519
I choose Justin Bieber for maximum rage.
>>
>>15104519
Florence Welch is already basically a Macross idoru
>>
>>15104519
Nana Mizuki, Ayahi Takagaki and rest of Symphogear cast. Each singer is eighter backseat driver or pilot herself and each is using her Geas signature moves while flying.
Aoi casts fist, Nightmare style, obviously.

As na alternative, Wagakki Band- as they are reusing vocaloid songs, lets make them redo Sharon's, plus integrate virtual idol into their performance anyway.
>>
>>15105804
>he wants more shitty j-pop
>everyone wants more shitty j-pop
Can we go back to changing music genre each season? It's not like mecha anime have to appeal to the moe or J-pop crowds to be popular.

Maybe the next season/OVA would be more original and interesting if the singing and fighting didn't start being a natural combination again, maybe have a (jazz) band being torn apart by some members being conscripted into the latest war. From then on it's just Thunderbolt I guess. Music hardly has to be the answer to the fighting, like we saw in Zero and Plus, but rather can be plot central in other ways.
>>
>>15106694
The J-pop wasn't shitty though.
>jazz
>gruntwank
oh
you're one of THOSE people
>>
>>15106714
I'm not some fedora who digs jazz, I'm just suggesting the most distinctly not J-pop, J-rock, (whatever Plus was), (whatever Zero was) music genre.
>The J-pop wasn't shitty though.
It was the best J-pop I've heard in a while, but that doesn't make it well composed or objectively good by any stretch of the imagination. Regardless, my point of continued musical variety stands, as if they keep up with the J-pop every season it will alienate Zero, Plus, and 7 as the "odd ones out", and attract a more limited audience.
>>
File: VF-0D.jpg (1MB, 3200x2259px) Image search: [Google]
VF-0D.jpg
1MB, 3200x2259px
>>15106749
I personally think electronic music might make a good fit.

Synthwave particularly.
A Macross series with a Carpenter Brut soundtrack would be amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVf7NBncUy0
>>
>>15106763
I agree, though it might be seen as a little close to Plus by some. Do non-/m/ongols even watch Plus, or SDF for that matter? Either way, those are some dank tunes, but it would be hard i=to incorporate the whole "singing" mechanic in there, unless a synthwave style instrument can produce emotion into the cosmos like a voice can. At least synthwave has a huge amount of room for cool technological advancements like the sound boosters in 7.
>>
File: Sv.51.jpg (252KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
Sv.51.jpg
252KB, 850x478px
>>15106773
There are synthwave songs with vocals.
I'm not sure how it would sound in Japanese though.
Are the japs even aware of synthave?
>>
>>15106786
I wouldn't count on it, but I think it's gaining in popularity quickly enough to enter japan eventually.
>>
Troll answer: the Scatman (he was even famous in Japan).

Actual answer: Yes. (The prog rock band). Mainly because they're awesome, have a fantastic range, and would fit really well for the epic space fantasy stuff that Macross is at its routes. Especially in the vein of their album Fly From Here.

Moving away from the canned j pop disaster that was Delta would help too.

Thematically, I'd probably drop the 'military contractors' subtheme for the pilots, and set it 'after' the initial colonization and settling of a given expedition, and follow a civilian group of pilots and musicians who are exploring ancient tech and ruins and crap, and stumble onto your generic ancient superweapon prophecy. But promptly get ignored by the government- NUNS and shit has found this thing and decided to reverse engineer/use it to prevent another Delta whatever, but it's actually a 'trap' by a protoculture seeded race to mimetically subvert anyone who finds it and take them over.

Civies eventually get together enough favours and friends and puts together a triumphant rag tag group to deal with the alien superweapon while also having to fight against the NUNS asshats.

I figure the gimmick for the series would be that music is necessary to control the superweapon- and that the race in question also left countermeasures behind in the event that their weapon got turned against them. Some sort of, idk, Evil Series powersuits/armor that have to be first attuned to their users.

That way they have to put on a series of specific concerts designed to put out a specific flavour of output in order to sequence and bond each of the specific units to one of the band members before they can take on the superweapon.
>>
>>15106950
> Actual answer: Yes.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand hire Paul Ruskay as series main composer.
>>
What's the name of that group Koyasu has?
>>
>>15106950
I don't want Yes without Squire.
>>
>>15106950

>canned

Macross Delta's fake idol pop was magnitudes better than real idol pop.
>>
>>15106950
Scatman was a pretty cool dude and I think he'd have made for a super entertaining Macross.
>>
Decided to get into Macross. Still grabbing the tv series and watched Do You Believe in Love in the mean while... is the series better or worse than the movie... honestly.
>>
>>15106694
Macross is best when it's J-pop. That's a fact. The original, Frontier, and Delta had the most memorable songs.
>>
>>15107187
They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'd say they're equal. The show is well done but there are many questionable choices made by the writers, also the reconstruction arc can be off putting. DYRL lacks the character development of the show but it's an amazing action flick and in my opinion handles the romance better than the show.
>>
>>15107242
I mean more along the lines of ratios. Do You Believe in Love? was about 15mins of battles and an hour and 15mins of the whole romance storyline.
>>
Death Grips except they're cute girls.
>>
>>15107518
/mu/ pls.
>>
>>15106694
>epic space battles with classical music background.
Oh wait.
>>
>>15106694
>latest war
Fuck that, let's just go back to the Zentradi skirmishes post-Space War 1. There has to be numerous songstresses in numerous fleets that get harassed by Zentradi. That's potential for loads of stories. Hell, when I first came into this franchise, that's what I thought it would be about, an ongoing war between humans and giants. Was sadly disappointed by the boring AI mistress, spacebugs, and spacefags. Anti-UN were mildly interesting but no where near as much as the giants.
>>
File: jeff-rosenstock.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
jeff-rosenstock.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
Jeff Rosenstock, start the series off with his Arrogant Sons Of Bitches stuff, midseason change to Bomb The Music Industry, and then his solo stuff.

The series could follow fictional Jeff as he grows and learns while piloting a mech as a shitty day job to afford a crappy apt. and some corona
>>
>>15107927
>Anti-UN were mildly interesting
This is what pissed me off the most about Zero. It had the chance to be the most interesting part of the franchise and it pissed it all away for "muh superior hippy tree lifestyle" and "muh floating rocks" instead of focusing on the unification wars
>>
>>15107239
https://youtu.be/QOGhUXDiJbo
>>
Nickelback, as themselves actually. After the near destruction of Earth, they decided to go in to space while in hypersleep.

Suddenly a mysterious enemy starts attacking, and learning how effective the Minmay attack was against the Zentreadi, they wake up Nickelback. But the results weren't as expected. The enemy becomes more enraged, and suddenly decides to end Mankind because the music was literally so bad that they decided to remove Humans from existance.

I am not even joking. I want a Macross entry where Mankind dies due to relying on music as a weapon against the enemy.
>>
>>15108851
I am not opposed to this.
>>
>>15107927
Plus was cool. And as OAV, short, worked well as closed story and influenced design philosophies forever - otherwise after Plus there would be no pilots, only drone operators. Different kind of cool but still.
Frontier worked as well, alien hive monsters are a must for a sci-fi - and Galaxy were no slouches as enemies as well. I do agree that lack of exploration of their backstories and how they were connected to Anti-UN sucks - it was only mentioned in The Ride.
I want more cute polish redheads, dammit.
>>15108851
.. You know, I want to see that now.
>>
>>15105636
I would watch the shit out of that show, my god.
>>
>>15110429

> otherwise after Plus there would be no pilots, only drone operators

If not for Plus there wouldn't be drones and drone operators. It shot down the idea only after raising it itself.
>>
>>15112038
>and influenced design philosophies forever

Yes?

Thou both Delta and Frontier, by proxy Zero, all used drones, or at least autonomous support units prominently. And let's not forget Galaxy and their swarm of unlocked Ghosts.
At least in the meantime designs of valkiries catched up and then surpassed what drone could do - and with ICS and fold shaenigans, there is now no limit on what flesh and blood can do in macrossverse.

Probably pachinko or something.
>>
>>15112228

I wasn't trying to say anything about whether Plus influenced the design philosophy of Macross going forward (because of course it did), or even that there weren't drones in universe at least in part thanks to Plus - only that with or without Plus there's no chance Macross was going to become a setting where drones were the primary weapon's platform of choice. Plus might have put a damper on them for a plot reason, but they were only a plot thing in the first place because Plus brought them up as something that was in the ascendancy. Whether or not Plus existed Kawamori would have made Macross a human centered war setting.
>>
>>15112441
>Whether or not Plus existed Kawamori would have made Macross a human centered war setting.
Agreed. Also, agreed with you before. Sorry, english not my first or even second language, I tend to come as a rude person sometimes.

i've just wanted to point out that around Sharon's incident valk technology was stalling and logical thing to do was to build drones. Excluding plot reasons, there would be no reason to work on ICS system if not for things that happened in Plus. I realize that using that logic to try and explain a work of fiction is by definition futile but it's fun to discuss how technology evolved in universe and compare it to our world.
Also, Luca's Ghost team and him as a forward EW operator is probably what we can expect in real life as future of aerial combat.
>>
File: mynigga.png (503KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.png
503KB, 600x400px
>>15105636
>>
File: Deltron.jpg (24KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
Deltron.jpg
24KB, 341x341px
If your answer to this isn't Deltron 3030 you might be fraudulent
>>
>>15114581
>FUCK DYIN I HIJACK A MECH
>>
Kacey Musgraves.

Show happens on a backwater ag colony, with the MC trying to make her name right as the Good ol Boys that run the colony pick a fight with a cosmopolitan world (full of city-slickers) in the same system. Love triangle is between her, her ag-mech-piloting sweetheart that gets pressed into service, and the mysterious half-alien that crash lands on her parents farm early in the series that she nurses back to health. Lots of country-western music follows.
>>
>>15104519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnefUaKCbc

Janelle Monae

Cyber Afro-Futurism Macross Idol
>>
File: 1461710030938.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1461710030938.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>15105636
best shit
>>
>>15104519
Whatever idol group is selling the most dakimakura at the moment.
Wishful thinking is lame.
>>
>>15106950
I want a scatman macross
>>
File: BananaClinton.jpg (54KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
BananaClinton.jpg
54KB, 720x540px
I want a P-Funk Macross

The main theme would bounce around with an interstellar brotherhood of all Protoculture descendants, living in peace, harmony, and pure /funkpower/ with each other.

Hell, The Mothership Connection is already Basara-Macross tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dzGaJyiJW4
>>
>>15106950
>Troll answer
But why? The Scatman was awesome.
Oh right, "was"...
>>
>>15105636
Well that was easy
/thread
>>
>>15106773
Veffidas officially could generate Sound Energy with just her drumming, according to a throwaway line they pulled out of their asses in the last minute of 7.
A mute MC (or maybe just horrible at singing) winning the hearts of zentradis and whatever new weird space aliens they'll come up with alike with just his/her sick synth beats would be so neat though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ct7CxF4Zc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3nVYMX5D1E
>>
File: 1462306038846.png (1MB, 1360x930px) Image search: [Google]
1462306038846.png
1MB, 1360x930px
Eurobeat
>>
>>15116741
How about some fossil of classic rock band? Five or so old men doing one last gig to safe their retirement planet from whatever invades?
>already done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPIjylRpipY

>>15117158
I am aroused and scared at the same time.

This but make then do multifold drifting with a Quarter or something else equally big.
>>15116804
>maybe just horrible at singing
>MC when just playing have same effects as usual.
>MC singing causes enemy to go berserk+song buff.
Yes.
>>
>>15116804
Oh yeah, I guess that would make non-vocal music possible, but we'd probably need nearly Plus-tier mental invasion to see the effects of the music without singing along. Alternatively, we get an entire 24 episode series about dance. Dance itself could even be used to communicate culture, but the choreography would have to be top-tier. Also boob jiggle would get old fast.
>>
File: timf.png (19KB, 141x150px) Image search: [Google]
timf.png
19KB, 141x150px
Nana Mizuki as Meltran idol MC. Macronized every time she performs. Casually "wears" the rest of her human band on her clothes.
>>
Radiohead
>>
>>15121087
Sword is justice.
And Aoi doing Tanya inpersonation.
Ayahi Takagaki can stay as is, Chris works in Macross just fine.
>>
Meanwhile preview of 2 new songs:
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/SampleStreamMeta/VTCL-60444/-/-/1/A.html
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/SampleStreamMeta/VTCL-60444/-/-/8/A.html
First one is fucking terrible, 2nd one might be good.
I just want my Seikan Hikou Freyja version already.

Bonus for all Kanamefuggers:
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/SampleStreamMeta/VTCL-60444/-/-/7/A.html
Worst version. That woman has no voice and should kill herself.
>>
Band: Macintosh Plus

It's a comfy tale of some people living on a very AESTHETIC planet when strange Gradius-style stone heads attack. It turns out though that vaporwave contains the secret to their communication and the episodes are increasingly weird trips, Galaxy Express style, through their strange dimension to defeat their central intelligence (a series of metallic polyhedra on an infinite plane of checkerboards)
>>
/cm/ fidlar
>>
The two new songs are out. Walkure ga Tomaranai is one of the best songs they have released and it justifies a movie version, because I can't believe they didn't use this in the series.
>>
>>15121812
>Walkure ga Tomaranai
For a moment I thought JUNNA will be singing the whole song with Yasuno Kiyono and it made me really mad. Thanks god Minori got 2nd verse and big part of chorus. Great song.

>justifies a movie version
You mean pachinko?
>>
Pachinko's dead. That's why they're moving to mobage now.
>>
File: 51VNChz6ulL.jpg (49KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
51VNChz6ulL.jpg
49KB, 500x448px
This of course.
>>
>>15123901
Yes please
>>
>>15121812

> a single song justifies a movie all on it's own

Please no. That kind of logic, that music needs an animation to accompany it is the reason we ended up with Delta in the first place. If it's good, just let it be good on it's own. If you're going to make a movie, then do it for a better reason than "wouldn't some animation of girls singing make this better?"
>>
>>15106763
>electronic music
Christ, a Macross with electronic music would be perfect.
That would set the tone for some Ace Combat 3/ghost in the shell-tier post-humanism themes
>>
Kanye West
Yes I'm serious

Macross Y
Kanya Best is our MC.
However he is not a huge star, rather he is a young scoundrel who grew up on the outskirts of the galaxy.
As a kid he never liked idol music, but rather picked up the hip-hop tastes of those who lives in the outskirts.
He joins his friend's crew (who specialize in pirating VF parts) and together they'll travel the galaxy while shilling his mixtapes and performing street concerts.
The series would somehow work in some eva-like mental breakdown sequences while Kanya's performing.
He uses a customized forward swept vf-25 he calls the Yesus as this takes place around the same time as Delta.
>>
>>15105688
Me like. This would be a neat twist on the space magic music concept.
>>
>>15121899
what's wrong with JUNNA?
She was one of the best parts of delta
>>
File: 2d3495a_Kiyono_Yasuno_1100px[1].jpg (128KB, 812x1100px) Image search: [Google]
2d3495a_Kiyono_Yasuno_1100px[1].jpg
128KB, 812x1100px
>>15125561
No no, you got it wrong. The question should be what's wrong with Yasuno Kiyono. And the answer is everything. She should be background material in all songs just like Reina's and Makina's VAs.

Also Flying Dog is planing to post music video of Walkure ga Tomaranai song on their youtube channel tomorrow. Just wait for Kaname to be the ugliest of them all in that video.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
>>15125623
>music video of Walkure ga Tomaranai
And here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkeQdnZjM84 (available only for 3 days)

When Delta was airing Minori/Freyja was obviously Kawamori's favourite and she was getting all the spotlight. But now Kawamori is out and we see that real producers are more pragmatic. Freyja is in back row and instead Reina's VA who has cute face is in front. Minori is repeating Nakajima's fate.
>>
File: babymetal.jpg (79KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
babymetal.jpg
79KB, 960x540px
>>15104519
The answer is obvious. The Fox God orders it, and so it is done.
>>
>>15124793
Starts out with songs from Late Registration and slowly moves through his discography as he gains more rep.

Would love to see dogfights to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99mQ0vOkL2E
>>
>>15121478
Wait, we could rip off Gunbuster and make the series include a colony ship travelling away from Earth/a system fast enough so that the doppler effect shifts all their broadcast music down an octave, making Vapourwave.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.