[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time watching ZZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: RX-178 .gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
RX-178 .gif
3MB, 400x300px
Why didn't anyone tell me this is the best series?
>>
Because
>Muh grimdark
Despite 0079 having nothing of the sort
>>
Most Gundam shitposters don't actually watch Gundam.
>>
>>15104117
Because most of the smart /m/ users have moved on from this shithole.
>>
>>15104117
How the hell did you endure the first half?
>>
>>15104117
But we did
>>
You autismal contrarians will never get bored of shilling this shit series, will you?
>>
Let me guess, you liked G-reco too, right?
>>
>>15104117
Yeah I really liked it too the the first quarter was pretty bad, but after that I really liked.
I am going through the entire gundam franchise in release order and it is the series I enjoyed the most after 0079.
(I am at the first episode of victory right now for anyone that is wondering.)
>>
>>15104117
I'm just starting to get into ZZ as well, I've finished Zeta not too long ago and I've had pretty mixed feelings about it so that I still find 0079 to be better overall than Zeta. I've been told that I might dislike ZZ as it's very different to Zeta.

And now that I've started it and that I'm at like episode 10 (? The first episode with the ZZ Gundam), damn Shangri-la felt like such a drag! It's so freaking slow and long, there's like 8-9 episodes that could have been summed up in only 2, maybe 3 max, it's always the same damn thing episode after episode, what a shame, especially when Zeta had such a strong beginning with the plot moving very fast. And the worst thing is that I still like it, the new characters are mostly good, Judau is a great counter of both Amuro and Camille, Roux feels strange for a Gundam series but she's fun, most of the support cast is ok though quite stupid. Mashymyre is plain great as a stupid villain, he is as useless as Jerid but at least he's got the temper to match that, the Haman reveries are hillarious. I've never really liked Yazan so seeing him ridiculed was somehow amusing. Bright has lost a bit of his touch but he is still ok, Fa is still more of the same but that's ok.

The tone shift is indeed pretty strong but the humour is a good touch I felt, Judau is refreshing and now that they are in space, it starts to move a bit more fastly (nothing too alarming though). I didn't really liked most of the Zeta MS except for a handful and at first, I thought that the ZZ Gundam looked stupid even though I've always had something for fat MSs (liked the Virtue for instance). Now that I see it in action, I think it's actually great, the core system which I think is extremely goofy and stupid works wonders in that series (compared to 0079), and the ZZ looks like a proper stupidly fat powerhouse.

I still think that the beginning is abysmaly weak compare to Zeta and slow af, but it's still entertaining.
>>
>>15104655
then you will probably really like it since ZZ only gets better as time goes on in my opinion.
>>
File: 1484262341828.jpg (2MB, 2049x1473px) Image search: [Google]
1484262341828.jpg
2MB, 2049x1473px
>>15104117
good series
>>
What happened to Beecha and Elle after the series? I remember seeing a manga panel of them older on /m/, but I didn't save it.
>>
>>15104553
This isn't the Victory Gundam thread, anon.
>>
File: IMG_20160814_0008.jpg (891KB, 1868x1412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160814_0008.jpg
891KB, 1868x1412px
>>15105277
Yeah they moved out of the colony and became hipsters.
>>
File: IMG_20160814_0009.jpg (858KB, 1895x1417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160814_0009.jpg
858KB, 1895x1417px
>>15105682
>>
>>15105277
Same new to ZZ person, do Beecha and Mondo stop being Katz-levels of stupid with their "I'm going to steal the people who are supporting me and defect" shenanigans at some point?
I suppose yes considering what I've been grasping here and there... and I certainly hope so, this kind of shit is really stupid, even for this show and it gets boring quick. Worse thing is when it's being sold as a plot point, which is hopefully not so common.

Is it so hard to have one freaking functional crew without any stupidly individualistic nutjobs in UC...?
>>
>>15104117
how is the mk2 still even alive by the end of ZZ?
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 939x1100px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 939x1100px
>>15105805
Because based MkII is the most superiorist gundam ever made.
>>
>>15105805
because Elle read the manual.
>>
File: Amx-009.jpg (211KB, 475x650px) Image search: [Google]
Amx-009.jpg
211KB, 475x650px
I'd like to see a super-cut version of ZZ, kinda like MSZG: A New Translation. Trim all the filler, add some new scenes for flavor and exposition, and tone-down the irreverent comedy down to a level that someone coming off of 0079 & MSZG won't instantly despise.

On a side-note, it's hard not to watch this series and not feel like it's a parody. Even the titular Gundam seems over-designed, almost to the point of ridiculousness, if not-so already. Despite that, I still feel like it's a chunk of the UC timeline that I missed out on. Also, some of the Neo Zeon mobile suits are dope as fuck.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.