[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of Zambot 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: zambot-spadine-wpcf_970x545.jpg (34KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
zambot-spadine-wpcf_970x545.jpg
34KB, 970x545px
Just watch zambot 3, I haven't seen a lot of 70's super robot show (except of mazinger and getter stuff) but if I'm not corrected this is the first so called "deconstruction"
From what I hear deconstruction is pretty much something takes a spin on a always happens in that certain genre. From what I've seen, 0079 and Eva fall under this.

That aside, Zambot 3 had some really strong episodes, but also some really bad ones to. It's cool that this was only 25 episodes since 50 would have been over board. But this series in in dire need of a Movie compilation, maybe a duology
>>
>>15103972
>From what I hear deconstruction is pretty much something takes a spin on a always happens in that certain genre

Literally everything would be a deconstruction then.
>>
>>15103972
>in dire need of a Movie compilation,
You make me sick.
>>
I wouldnt mind if Zambot 3 got a "Shin" treatment like Jeeg.
>>
Butcher is an entertaining villain.

It's Zambot 40th anniversary this year, so we'll probably get a Pachislot for some new animation at some point.
>>
>>15103972
Mazinger was a deconstruction of tetsujin 28th
>>
>>15103972
>From what I hear deconstruction is pretty much something takes a spin on a always happens in that certain genre.
It's not. It's a technical term for critical analysis. Unless you sat through lectures in which the speaker analysed a 70s super robot show in a very particular style, you have never seen a deconstruction of 70s super robots. Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstruction .

The problem is that, from what I can piece together, there was a Japanese interview with someone (maybe Anno, maybe Gen) and the translator used the English word "deconstruction" incorrectly.

Just say "it's a twist on" or "it shakes up the genre" or "a new approach to" or something like that.
>>
ninja mecha
>>
>>15103972
>From what I hear deconstruction is pretty much something takes a spin on a always happens in that certain genre. From what I've seen, 0079 and Eva fall under this.

Stop listening to ANN podcasts and stop browsing tv tropes. /m/ should ban the fucking word deconstruction.
>>
File: zambot3.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
zambot3.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>
>>15103972
Best gundam
>>
>>15103972

BD release when? I'm glad the MC's rival didn't end up siding with the villain and becoming some sort of avatar for Butcher to use against humans while he gorged on his hobbies.

So what should I watch next for Yoshiyuki Tomino's non-Gundam? I've only seen Ideon and Zambot 3, next choice will either be Dunbine or Xabungle.
>>
>Those human bombs episode

That was intense as hell.
>>
>>15111483
I felt awful for Kippei.

>>15111478
Dunbine is a solid fantasy series. And L-Gaim is cool too.
>>
>>15111478
King Gainer. It's gloriously entertaining.
>>
>>15103972
What do you consider different about Zambot 3?
>>
>>15111834

Really? I hated Kappei at first due to what a cunt he was but I found his character got considerably better as the series went along.

I'll watch Dunbine next.
>>
>>15112003
>I'll watch Dunbine next.

I'd recommend you watch Xabungle instead. A very unappreciated gem. There are very few series Tomino has done right and Xabungle is one of them. Dunbine is meh, a very mediocre anime and 50 episodes of it will just leave you comatose.
>>
>>15112047
Really?

I had a completely different take on Dunbine. I found it to be one of, of not the, best mecha I've ever seen.

It's got ok fights and some really good mecha. The interesting part is how the battle scales up with time. It's comparable to L-gaim, but more severe.

Its represntation of the war juggernaut might not touch everyone, but it struck a real chord in me. The ending was insane; the scale of each opposing side just gets bigger and bigger until you realize that a good ending is no longer possible. Unlike something like TTGL, it scales up without changing the rules.

And DB has sickening amounts of "kill em all". Probably the most out of any Tomino.
>>
>>15112047
I disagree.
I think it's a pretty fantastic fantasy anime.
While it tends to meander after in the latter half, it really picks up at the ending.

You should save Xabungle as a pick up after watching it though. It is a Tomino show...
>>
>>15112131
Yeah I agree entirely. It's one of my favorites.
>>
>>15111478
>So what should I watch next for Yoshiyuki Tomino's non-Gundam?

1 2 3!

Daitarn 3!
>>
>>15103972
>I'm not corrected this is the first so called "deconstruction"
Zambot 3 isn't really a deconstruction in any meaningful sense. It's just doesn't hide the consequences of it's premise the way most other super robot cartoons of it's time did.

>>15103972
>But this series in in dire need of a Movie compilation, maybe a duology
I very much disagree.
>>
>>15104217
>I wouldnt mind if Zambot 3 got a "Shin" treatment like Jeeg.
I suppose I wouldn't hate it but I'd sincerely doubt they'd do it justice.

The modern Japanese animation industry couldn't reproduce Zambot 3.
>>
>>15112380
>The modern Japanese animation industry couldn't reproduce Zambot 3.
I've been watching anime for over 20 years and frankly your comment is fucking stupid.
>>
>>15112380
I think they could, it's just that the context surrounding the show is different now and thus it wouldn't be as effective

The only thing that makes me doubt it is that every 70s throwback references something like Mazinger or Getter and every "dark and depressing" modern robot drama uses multiple robots (almost always mass-produced and in the context of some large scale war) and tries to hide its toyetic nature unless it's Gundam
>>
>>15112383
>I've been watching anime for over 20 years and frankly your comment is fucking stupid.
In what way do you disagree?
>>
>>15112418
Your blanket statement isn't based on anything substantial and is just faux nostalgia "everything and everyone sucks now" bullshit.
>>
>>15103972
>But this series in in dire need of a Movie compilation, maybe a duology

It's only like 26 episodes long though and trimming out a bunch of the episodes would totally kill the impact the ending had of everyone finally gathering around and cheering Kappei after he wakes up on the beach.
>>
>>15112464
That's not how I intended that to come across, but rereading what I wrote, you're completely right about it coming across stupid. Let me try and rephrase my thoughts.

Zambot 3, more than maybe most anime, is very much a product of it's time. It's not just a super robot anime that highlights the horror of war, it's a very sincere children's super robot anime that highlights the horror of war.

There are very few super robot cartoons being produced lately at all. And of those there are, very few play things straight. Compare the original Jeeg to 2007's Jeeg, for example.

About the closest thing to a recent super robot show playing it serious was Shin Mazinger, and it was a flop. Before that you have, what? Maybe Gurran Lagann? Gaiking LoDM?

Gaiking LODM is also when of the latest super robot shows legitimately aimed at children, and it came out over ten years ago.

This is what I meant when I said the modern Japanese animation industry couldn't reproduce Zambot 3. Not that "everything and everyone sucks now," so much that the landscape in which such a show would be produced has changed tremendously. The talent absolutely exists to produce a truly excellent remake or "shin" Zambot 3, or whatever, but who'd want to attach themselves to such a project? And, aside from us, who'd watch it?

About the closest thing that I can imagine coming out is some short three episode direct to DVD or online streaming only special. Which, I wouldn't necessarily hate, but I doubt would do justice to the original show.

Or maybe they'd just make a pachinko machine.
>>
>>15112762
>About the closest thing to a recent super robot show playing it serious
iirc Gyrozetter was pretty sincere
>>
>>15112762
>There are very few super robot cartoons being produced lately at all.
What? Most mecha nowdays is super. I have a distinct feeling you think series like Evangelion is real robot.
>>
>>15112788
>What? Most mecha nowdays is super.
I mean, Combattler V, Zeorymer, Evangelion and Star Driver are all "super robot shows," but they are all distinct enough to arguably not be in the same genre.

The super/real robot dichotomy is might be too inaccurate to really get across what I mean.
>>
>>15112822
The problem with super/real is that while real robot refers to a specific style of mecha, it means that everything else is considered super (or hybrid in the case of super/real apologists).
>>
>>15112829
I know. The fandom really needs more descriptive terminology.
>>
I liked it a lot, enough to see it twice. I liked the Kill em all writing and kanada animation (once every few eps)
>>
File: fatman.png (512KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fatman.png
512KB, 640x480px
>>15111478
Dunbine is great. I hear a lot of praise for Xabungle too, but I didn't like it
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.