[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Zeta so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0022.jpg (83KB, 480x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.jpg
83KB, 480x370px
Why was Zeta so bad?
>>
File: 1484261127690.jpg (114KB, 468x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484261127690.jpg
114KB, 468x800px
>>15103262
fixed
>>
>le 2016 memes xD
>>
File: 1484090532233.gif (172KB, 337x253px) Image search: [Google]
1484090532233.gif
172KB, 337x253px
>>15103262
Zeta was fine. ZZ on the other hand.
>>
File: 1473945040447.jpg (96KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473945040447.jpg
96KB, 700x512px
>>
it was a gundam series.
>>
If you want to complain about Zeta then just fucking complain about Zeta.
>>
Zeta was slow as shit, but you're really stretching to call it "bad."
>>
>>15103262
>File: IMG_0022.jpg (83 KB, 480x370)
he's back
>>
>>15103262
I honestly missed you in the month or so i took off gundam rager
>>
>>15103338
ZZ is good.
>>
File: like boom.png (388KB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
like boom.png
388KB, 984x720px
>>15103262
You posted the reason
>>
>>15104551
Pretty much this, either directly or as a symptom of another problem.

They tried recreating Amuro, but they doubled down on his worst traits, especially his autism. Amuro may have been socially maladjusted, but he wouldn't have hijacked a mobile suit and start psychologically torturing Feddie officers he didn't like. They exaggerate Amuro's parental issues and #firstworldproblems to an almost unrelatable degree with the Vidans

Even when Kamille gets development they walk it back by the end, so he starts off as an angry screaming retard and ends as a psychic angry screaming retard, who is now also a vegetable.

They also went nuts with the Newtype bullshit, as poster child Kamille shows with the h4x barriers, giant sabers, and watermelons.

There's other major issues like trying to force the Feds to be as cartoonishly evil as old Zeon was for... reasons, bringing Zeon back at all and beginning the 'zeekwank' trend everyone blames the OVAs for, the fight choreography and so on, but when your MC is this big blob of poor design choices staring you in the face every episode, it eclipses all the other problems. Look at all the people who line up to shit on other problem MCs like Inaho or GSD Kira. I guess they're not 'lol so angry XD' or 80's nostalgia enough to get a free pass.
>>
File: img_13.jpg (44KB, 576x669px) Image search: [Google]
img_13.jpg
44KB, 576x669px
Jerid
>>
Just finished it. It was great OP.
>>
I'm going to be honest, Anons. I'm on Episode 28 and I'm not seeing why Zeta is so praised on /m/. I'm feeling the CRAWL, and most of the cast hurts me in a spiritual way. (Like, hurting my soul.) I'm not going to say it is BAD, but it is no master piece.

I don't want Katz to die though, I want him to stop being a piece of shit. Too bad that's not going to happen. I also would like if everyone would stop acting like idiots and complaining about how it is a war or they are soldiers or something. I get it, you guys can't do anything other than kill other people, but can you shut your goddamned mouths for 3 seconds in relation to it? I mean it isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be, but it gets dumb when a response is a variation of "this is war" or "we are soldiers" or something like that.

I watched Stardust Memory while I'm taking a break from it, and I liked it more, I'm not going to lie. I unironically liked Zeon and Gato, despite the colony drop thing. If you made Zeon again, but left out Ghiren's Hitler bullshit, the gassing, and colony drops, I'd love that.
>>
>>15104930
that's okay, same thing happened to me. Stop thinking about /m/'s opinion and form your own opinion.
also don't worry about the characters, some of them will become more mature.
And yeah stardust is amazing.
>>
>>15104930
>I'm feeling the CRAWL, and most of the cast hurts me in a spiritual way. (Like, hurting my soul.)
Zeta has issues--namely with pacing--but the characters and their motivations aren't hard to follow. As an action series I don't think Zeta stands up to other Gundam series, and given the abundance of battle scenes that's not a negligible issue, but Zeta's more interested in throwing personalities at each other in tense scenarios.

They're somewhat ridiculous and melodramatic, but they're recognizably human and serve various points of the story. Even Katz (especially Katz) is thematically relevant to the story.
>>
>>15104947
>also don't worry about the characters, some of them will become more mature.
I would think they have to, except Katz. I know for a fact Katz is doomed. I feel as if Kamille never fully abandons his "autism" though, instead he weaponizes it. That's one way to make up for it, I suppose.

>And yeah stardust is amazing.
My biggest complaint is that Nina drops half her IQ points near the end. Seriously, what the hell happened with her? "Muh Gato.". Lady you didn't even know who the hell he was in the beginning.

>>15104953
>they're recognizably human
Some may disagree with you. I, however, have the experience to confirm this how some people are.

>Even Katz (especially Katz) is thematically relevant to the story.
What is the theme for Katz? Don't be Katz? Or in other words "Don't be a goddamned moron in the middle of a war?". Is "Pulling a Katz." or "Being a Katz." a thing /m/ says or uses? I can see that as a way to legitimately criticize something or someone.
>>
The same shitty cyber-Newtype subplot repeated ad nauseum.
>>
>>15104972
>Some may disagree with you
Most people here don't explore storytelling that's not robot fighting, so it isn't surprising. Zeta's characters are often exaggerated in their psychology, but they're overwhelmingly human. That doesn't mean they're likable.
>What is the theme for Katz?
Consider his interactions with Amuro. Katz has a nostalgic recollection of White Base because he was too young to grasp the gravity of the conflict. That's why he idolizes Amuro and sees him as a fallen hero instead of what he really is: a fucking traumatized victim, one of many. In his own way Katz does the same shit to Amuro the Federation did.

Katz's myopic glorification and resultant impulsiveness is the throughline of the character, and it's easy to see how we can look at that in a bigger thematic context.

That doesn't mean you have to like it or find it interesting, but Katz gives more to the story than some people here credit to him.
>>
I thought Kamille had good character development and I honestly preferred him at the beginning more than I liked Amuro.
>>
Most of Zeta's problems most likely stems from Sunrise lovely rule of one fight per episode.
Character developments get brushed off due to this because" oh hey we have to come up with some dumb reason for generic ms skirmish #9999" it also made the show formulaic seriously I started getting annoyed by how most of the time they didn't even have the time to finish a conversation oh boy CODE RED guys somebody is doing something tremendously retarded time to tag along shout a bit and MS wrestling etc.
>>
>>15107046

Yeah kamille beats amuro in this house also. Especially like how they made him struggle with his own name and how it is viewed as feminine, and how this shapes his character once he starts being more sure of himself.

Sidenote: showed some gundam Zeta to a friend and he thought kamille was a she before he spoke.
>>
File: retarded gundamrager.jpg (1MB, 888x2000px) Image search: [Google]
retarded gundamrager.jpg
1MB, 888x2000px
Hey original gundamrager, why do you always use the same type of shitposting? Are you retarded?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.