[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patlabor Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 58368923_p0.png (2MB, 1000x928px) Image search: [Google]
58368923_p0.png
2MB, 1000x928px
Hey /m/, let's talk about some Labors.

how did you enjoy reboot? who is best girl?

Rather than waiting forever on subs has anyone looked into getting the TNG BDs that have english subs and ripping them? they're apparently decent enough.

sorry if this has been discussed before, i've been away from the board for a few months.
>>
File: kanuka.jpg (68KB, 376x531px) Image search: [Google]
kanuka.jpg
68KB, 376x531px
Let's get the ball rolling with some quick QnA

>Favorite Mech
>Favorite Character
>Favorite TV Episode (Including OVA2)
>Favorite OVA Episode

To answer my own questions in order

Ingram
Kanuka
Eve's Terror
The 450 Million-Year-Old Trap
>>
I have to complete the tv series someday
>>
File: Tekken_Akira.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken_Akira.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>15102441
Me too.
>>
Still need to watch the third Oshii film and the reboot.

Noa's obviously the /m/anliest girl but the reporter chick who wore that hardhat all the time was my waifu to be honest.
>>
Was browsing through some old Animator Expo vids and chanced upon the reboot. Hooked me and I've just finished off the first OVA series. Now watching the TV series (different continuity, I know) but I'd thought of saving the movies for last.

Kanuka best girl, something about her in the OVA that made me like her a lot. I do enjoy the other characters too and it's interesting that for some I prefer their personalities in the TV series more, however small the differences are.

Nice to see a thread on /m/ about this show, been wanting to see some discussion on it.
>>
>>15102936
The TV series focuses on the characters more, it's basically a slice-of-life set within this goofy mecha police force really
The movies are more about some sort of political conspiracy plot, outside of parts of the first one the usual main cast of Patlabor doesn't get much focus in comparison
>>
>>15102942

I quite enjoy the episodic nature of it. Was referring to the first OVA when comparing to the TV series by the way - their personalities were a bit more grounded in the former but I like the more light-hearted tone in the latter.
>>
>>15102851
The third film isn't by Oshii.
>>
>>15102936

The TV series just had more time to get into things as it had more episodes. It nice to see them really take the time to devote themselves too it too. I lesser show wouldn't spend the bulk of an episode with no mecha action just having the characters shoot shit at a BBQ
>>
just found out about the series, I can't find any info on the Ingram Special and was wondering what its purpose was
>>
Anyone else think the second half of Patlabor isn't very good? I don't mean bad, but like, 8.5/10 show going to a 7/10 show
I don't like the Griffon arc very much.
>>
>>15103143
The Griffon stuff was a bit hit-or-miss for me, mainly because they never really flesh it out too well in the anime (apparantly the manga does, I haven't read it myself though)
It had enough good parts in there for me though. As far as action scenes go that part of the series was probably where the most memorable bits were too I guess.
>>
>>15103143

I remember hearing that the show was supposed to end a lot sooner than it did so that's why things like Kanuka going back to america happened
>>
>>15101488
Designs are fine but show is crap.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.