[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well would a Gouf stand up against one of IBO's Grazes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1484123733276[1].jpg (33KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
1484123733276[1].jpg
33KB, 450x333px
How well would a Gouf stand up against one of IBO's Grazes?
>>
The heat sword and whip would be great for taking it down.
>>
That's a Gouf Custom, not a Gouf.
>>
>>15099464
Well, lets look at this indepth. The Graze is armed with the Axe, a 120 mm Rifle and a 320mm Bazooka, along with a shield, all coated in Nano-Laminate Armour. Actual specs of it's output are unknown, so it's difficult to compare to a OYW era mech that has actual specs. Meanwhile the Gouf has the 75mm Machine Gun built into it's arm, the Heat Wires, the Heat Rod and finally the Heat Sword. Capable of 0.54 G's of acceleration and 99 km/h of max speed, this thing is moving very fast, and the lack of handheld weaponry means it has less to potentially lose unless it straight up gets an arm hacked off.

The nano-laminate armor is practically non-existent in this matchup, so no points for durability. The Graze has points for long range combat, having much more sufficient weaponry. It pales in comparison to the melee monster that is the Gouf, though, which has the wires for short circuiting weaponry, the whip for dislodging shields and a super heated weapon that isn't just a hunk of iron. The speed would play an issue, as while the Gouf is fast and meant to get close in tight situations, the Graze has retractable thrusters in the legs that can be used to reduce knockback effects and can lead to quick maneuvers. Overall, I'd give this one to the Gouf, as it's toolset is just better than what the Graze is capable of, and is made to circumvent the only advantage the Graze has in this fight; it's ranged capacity. Not to mention that Heat Sword would likely cleanly cut right through the Graze with little issue.

Again, no actual specs exist for a Graze that I'm aware of, so if someone knows those that'd be just peachy.
>>
>>15099490
Pipe it down Mr. Autismo
>>
>>15099502
Well excuse me for liking giant robots then.
>>
>>15099490
>The nano-laminate armor is practically non-existent in this matchup, so no points for durability.

But thats wrong. The nanolaminate armor allows it to tank the machine gun and gattling gun. Gouf can shoot all day at graze and the shots will bounce off. Nano laminate armor can only be penetrated by blunt force trauma. Meanwhile the gouf can easily be shredded by the graze's nor mal gun because the gouf is not made from some i pervious magic armor.
>>
>>15099502

Wrong board for that, man.
>>
>>15099510

Nanolaminate stops beams, and what do you think a bullet is if not a blunt object hitting a target at tremendous speeds?
>>
>>15099514
But Grazes shoot each other to no avail though
>>
>>15099510
There doesn't really seem to be anything that points to the Nano Laminate having offering any noticeable effects to physical rounds, just beam weapons, which is why Physical weapons seem to be more popular. Mika's 300mm Smothmore Gun is apparently capable of not only knocking off pieces of armor but even penetrating straight through. While the 75mms on the Gouf lack the punch that the Smothmore does, it does show that they can be shredded through impact rounds, especially since the Gouf was shown doing the exact same thing to other mobile suits during it's run, of which would be running Titanium Alloy.

Again, lack of actual specifics and details on the IBO mechs make this harder. For all we know it could be some Gundamium level crap that everyone just has in IBO but we'll likely never know.
>>
>>15099514
No point in just using a normal bullet when its 75mm.

Also nanolaminate armor does stop them.

No it doesn't make sense and they should do more damage than a blunt weapon.
>>
Comparing UC to AU almost never works out because the vast majority of AUs have no technical specs whatsoever.
>>
File: 95894684387.png (323KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
95894684387.png
323KB, 1280x720px
>>15099464
Poorly.
>>
>>15099490
Nice post
>>
>>15099464
Gouf beams aren't weak unlike Hashmal's
>>
>>15099526
The entirety of ibo s1 is 120 mm guns having their shots bounce off or just doing kickback. Only significant damage that is done is through melee weapons.
>>
>>15099510
nanolaminate is tin foil
it reflects beams, but that's it
it doesn't "tank" the guns in IBO. the damage is pretty clear.
>>
>>15099464
Fun fact:LT. CRAAANK and Norris share a VA in the dub.
>>
>>15102530
Not really unique since there are only ever like 5 people who do every English dub of every anime ever.
>>
>>15102455
>Gouf
>beams
Pick one.
>>
>>15099526
New Mobile workers had 60mm cannons and they couldn't fight Mobile suits.
>>
>>15099464
They'd turn the grazes into scrap metal.
>>
>>15099514
Nanolaminate armor seems to have resistance against what constitutes "small arms fire" for giant robots. In IBO, most bullets don't pierce the suit but dent it (there are some exceptions though and it all depends on the caliber used I assume). The Gouf on the other hand has excellent melee capability and if it gets in range the Graze is finished. In a ranged fight though, the Gouf has a body made of alloy armor in comparison to the Nanolaminate armor used by the Graze, so a round from the Graze's gun should be more than enough to pierce the Gouf's armor, while the Gouf's finger cannons would scratch the paint off the Graze.

Basically, it comes down to the distance being fought. The only weapon on the Gouf I see as ineffective in close quarters combat is the heat rod since it looks like Nanolaminate armor is heat-resistant to a degree (basing this off the reentry scene in IBO and the fact that it can brush of beam blasts, which work in every other Gundam medium by melting through armor).
>>
>>15102673
>(there are some exceptions though and it all depends on the caliber used I assume).
It depends on who uses the gun.
>>
>>15099477
We all want Gouf's heat rod either way.
>>
Gouf, easily.

360mm bazooka with 10 rounds burns off the nanolaminate and packs an even bigger punch than the 300mm smoothbore cannon and one hit from the heat wire would fry the pilot inside the Graze, especially since cockpits in IBO are extremely shitty.
>>
>>15099490
This guy's a badass.

Good to see some /m/en still here.
>>
>>15099490
What about the Ahab waves and AV system?

>Not to mention that Heat Sword would likely cleanly cut right through the Graze with little issue.
No real basis for that.
>>
>>15103289
Gouf custom doesn't have a 360 mm bazooka, it has gattling guns. Again, all of Gouf Custom's ranged weapons will do nothing against Graze. Only the heat rod and heat sword will do damage.

Meanwhile Graze 120mm gun can easily damage gouf custom
>>
>>15102472

>the damage is pretty clear

yeah the damage is a dent.

The Barbatos and Graze Custom being used in space for the first time has all their shots knocking around Grazes, but not incapacitating them. It's only when the mace is used does anything significant happen.
>>
>>15103766
then explain gusion shooting everything
>>
>>15103734
I assumed the AV system wouldn't be a thing since most Graze pilots wouldn't have had the necessary surgery to accommodate it. As for the Ahab Waves, from what little I could find on technical information it seemed like a mix between a low powered GN Drive and Minovsky Particles. At best it would give it some light flight capability but nothing major or game changing.

>No real basis for that.

At first it was purely conjecture but then I dug a bit and found a bit that mentioned that high heat sources, such as Napalm rounds, can outright melt the armor. As Heat Swords can get to an extremely high temperature, this outright puts the Gouf at an advantage at close range that the Graze might not be able to recover from.

Coincidentally, in the same article I found that Nano-Laminate Armor is particularly strong and can only be shaved off with firearms "unless at close range". You know, the range the Gouf excells at both getting to and keeping. I still say he has this in the bag.
>>
>>15104511
The ahab particles strenghten the nanolanimate armor. The line about napalm is misleading because the amount of exposure to that material must be clearly longer than that of beam weapons which re also heat.
>>
>>15104606
>The ahab particles strenghten the nanolanimate armor.

Admittedly, didn't know about that originally. We don't really know by how much though, just a vague "it makes it stronger" so it becomes much harder to gauge how durable Nano-Laminate really is. Might be an issue but considering Mika was able to shed armor blocks off with a blunt object and cut off parts with a metal sword, I don't think it'd be TOO much of a problem.

>the amount of exposure to that material must be clearly longer than that of beam weapons

I didn't mention Beam weapons. I mentioned a Heat Sword, which is literally a slab of either ceramic or polymer heated to ridiculous degrees. Something that would be much more noticeable when directly hitting the armor or cutting into a weaker portion. Depending on how strong the Nano Laminate is when noting the Ahab reaction, it may be able to stab right through.
>>
>>15104511
>high heat sources, such as Napalm rounds, can outright melt the armor.
This happened in space, though.
Space makes heat a much larger problem because the lack of atmosphere means that there's no heat dissipation from convection so the heat generated by those napalm rounds just keeps stacking up higher and higher. It would take a lot longer to heat it up to that point in an atmosphere because heat would constantly bleed off into the air. Comparing heat build-up from a sustained barrage of napalm torpedoes in the vaccuum of space to momentary contact with a heat sword is extremely inaccurate.

Also, we never say NL armor melt. We heard someone who was panicking say that if the napalm barrage kept up that it might melt the NL.
>>
>>15103836
Gusion gets the giant fuckoff cannons, which Goufs noticeably don't have. Even Norris' Custom's gatling isn't anywhere near the right weight category.
>>
>>15104626
Yeah, given all this I wouldn't see the Heat Sword's heat effect helping much. It still has good ol' kinetic force behind it, but that's it.

The Heat Rod's even worse off, unless you use it as a restraining weapon. I wouldn't even count on the Custom's short-out ability mattering; Ahab Wave units are proof against their reactor's electronics-fucking properties, which could mean heavily hardened or otherwise insulated circuits. Or that the Ez8 was just even bigger garbage than usual.

A skilled Gouf pilot could win (assuming the Graze's reactor doesn't knock out the Gouf's electronics first), but it's an uphill battle.
>>
>>15104511
We saw a military plane crash in S2 because of ahab waves. It would be like if an MS was diffusing a large amount of minovsky particles that actually caused damage to electronics, like in the city.

I think it would also depend on the setting if there were Minovsky particles present the Gouf would dominate.

If it was in space and no particles present the Graze would dominate.

Beyond that the Gouf has some cool weapons and the Graze has a fairly vanilla weapons, but we don't have any reference on how effective the weapons would be or a comparison on the MS performance.

Graze felt more advanced to me because it was post beam and had a magic reactor, but that doesn't really prove anything.

>>15104619

>I didn't mention Beam weapons. I mentioned a Heat Sword, which is literally a slab of either ceramic or polymer heated to ridiculous degrees. Something that would be much more noticeable when directly hitting the armor or cutting into a weaker portion. Depending on how strong the Nano Laminate is when noting the Ahab reaction, it may be able to stab right through.

The problem was prolonged exposure.
>>
File: 811--ZTneUL._SL1500_.jpg (286KB, 1500x946px) Image search: [Google]
811--ZTneUL._SL1500_.jpg
286KB, 1500x946px
Guts's Mech
>>
File: Zgmf-x2000.jpg (656KB, 1396x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Zgmf-x2000.jpg
656KB, 1396x1896px
>>15099464
which gouf?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.