[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 21

File: Img4.jpg (111KB, 720x751px) Image search: [Google]
Img4.jpg
111KB, 720x751px
Let's have an Alien thread.
That's /m/, right?
>>
>>
File: Nostromo-or.jpg (23KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
Nostromo-or.jpg
23KB, 400x324px
>>
ISOLATION 2 WHEN
>>
File: creation-humanoids_2.jpg (19KB, 540x291px) Image search: [Google]
creation-humanoids_2.jpg
19KB, 540x291px
>>15096015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVgldYEoSoA
iirc I've read that design was one of the last makeup jobs by the guy who did some of the old Universal Monsters
>>
>>15096026
Hopefully in the next couple of years.
You think Verlaine and Connor survived and picked up Amanda?
>>
File: Tumblr_neuevrsDjv1u20piqo1_1280.jpg (247KB, 861x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_neuevrsDjv1u20piqo1_1280.jpg
247KB, 861x1211px
>>15096030
Whoa, nice.
I totally see the resemblance now.
>>
>>15096035
you should check out the movie, like Ed Wood's Blade Runner
>>
File: AII_1.jpg (247KB, 680x529px) Image search: [Google]
AII_1.jpg
247KB, 680x529px
Also, Working Joes would've had hairstyles.
>>
File: Servetheservant.png (797KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Servetheservant.png
797KB, 1080x1440px
>that detail
>>
I don't care what anyone else says. I think Prometheus was a step in the right direction and it finally brought some mystery back to the franchise.
>>
File: sulaco aliens 57-9.jpg (220KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sulaco aliens 57-9.jpg
220KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: 1420078170488.jpg (347KB, 1015x923px) Image search: [Google]
1420078170488.jpg
347KB, 1015x923px
Fucking Working Joe's man
>>
File: Joe.jpg (98KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
Joe.jpg
98KB, 1024x575px
>>15096188
You always know a Working Joe.
>>
File: 1412638760483.jpg (66KB, 277x392px) Image search: [Google]
1412638760483.jpg
66KB, 277x392px
>>15096293
>>
File: AF00TZi.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AF00TZi.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15096307
>>
File: Ayy lmao Isolation.gif (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy lmao Isolation.gif
2MB, 960x540px
>>15096026
I really hope that Alien Covenant creates some new hype around the franchise.

>>15096183
It had the right intentions, but squandered them. I can't focus on the atmosphere and the feeling on the first part if the second half shits all over it
>>
>>15096183
Prometheus would've been better if Scott had dropped the few elements of Alien it had and turned it into it's own thing.
>>
File: lf-36 copy.jpg (939KB, 1962x2431px) Image search: [Google]
lf-36 copy.jpg
939KB, 1962x2431px
>>
File: lf-35 copy.jpg (2MB, 3000x2138px) Image search: [Google]
lf-35 copy.jpg
2MB, 3000x2138px
>>
>>15096032
I'm operating on the assumption that every named character you've met is either dead, or still in the facefuck impregnation phase of things.

While the game does draw from bits and pieces of the overall franchise, it is so shamelessly a love letter to Ridley Scott's original that I'm going to assume that Amanda is the absolute final survivor of the Sevastopol affair, and whomever is rescuing her has to be unnamed WeYu suits just waiting to grill her over the sabotage of their business acquisition.

On the plus, there's so many ways to do clever marketing of a hypothetical AI2 project.

>trailer
>cut to black
>title fade in, Alien: Isolation
>Isolation fades out, replaced by 2
>2 flips over into an S, rest of title fades in
>Aliens: Confrontation
>>
>>15100346
>Confrontation fades out
>We Promise it won't be Colonial Marines 2.0! fades in in its palce
>>
>>15100368
TC
>>
>>15100368
>implying they wouldn't just make sick burns at Gearbox's expense during the main trailer reel

Still it's not like such a transition in style is without precedence. Even looking past Cameron's rationale for making Aliens the way he did in contrast to Scott's Alien, the immediate reference point that comes to mind is Resident Evil: Mikami's work on the original and its remake evokes a slower paced adventure game where puzzles and inventory management are key, whereas Kamiya's work on 2 was more action packed to showcase engine improvements allowing for entire rooms and hallways to be prohibitively saturated with zombies that you would still eventually be able to (and even be expected to) mow down in a hail mary escape from Raccoon City.

Though the question is what would people want from a hypothetical sequel, the same balance of stealth mixed with self-defensive combat, a move to proactive combat as the threat is a known rather than an unknown, etc? One of those difficult tightrope acts in horror games is the balance between empowerment and vulnerability; Isolation handled it well by giving you options to punish enemies provided you match the right weapon to the right situation, while also having those options easily escalate a bad situation into a terrible one with poor micromanagement (company known for strategy games makes horror game with strategy elements, news at 11), but scenarios like "I shot one alien dead only for another to jump me because I thought it was safe to reload" don't really work in Isolation's paradigm of "one 'unstoppable' alien at a time."

I think what I'm getting at is I want to see CA's solution to the idea of being able to kill the alien in an Alien videogame without making it a game-over state due to acid blood implications, while also not reducing the alien to a trivial threat just because it's now mortal.
>>
>>15096013
>>15096018
These two ships are basically the same Nostromo, right?

But the lower picture looks like some kind of flying city, while the upper image is a standard space ship.
>>
>>15100741
The lower picture was towed by the ship in the OP.
>>
>>15100741
The Nostromo was the small ship. The 'flying city' was a giant ore refinery the crew was towing somewhere, like a track's trailer (the characters were a bunch of space truckers).
>>
File: Sevastopol.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Sevastopol.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>15100862
To be fair though the design pattern is reused as a flying city in Alien Isolation.

And by flying city I mean run down death trap, and in a world where shit often looks worn out and run down I mean Sevastopol was a fucking dump that should've long since been decommissioned.

Pro tip if you ever see some sort of three spire space station in your life, don't go in it, it might be a rape castle!
>>
>>15100877
Sevastopol looking like the refinery is one of the things I didn't like about A:I.
>>
>>15100887
To be fair how many other big ass omens of DO NOT WANT TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS SHIT JUST FUCKING KILL ME NOW do you think they had to work with?

Though yeah there is a lot of stuff about Isolation that's a bit excessive on the "we love the original and Fox gave us a shitton of archive material to jerk off to" factor. My personal gripe is that the emergency release bolts are in fact the self destruct bolts from the first film.

Kinda threw my hands up in defeat on that one, it was cute as a visual easter egg but also a bit too on the nose. At least with Sevastopol I could buy that they made a space station out of the ore refinery, but those release bolts might as well have been salvaged from an actual self destruct system, and where the fuck were they getting a ship to gut for that particular component? I mean, you ever hear of someone caring spare parts for their self destruct system?
>>
>>15100346
>trailer
>cut to black
>title fade in, Alien: Isolation
>Isolation fades out, replaced by 2
>2 flips over into an S, rest of title fades in
>Aliens: Confrontation
To be honest, I wouldn't mind this.

>>15100432
That'd be for them to figure out.
Perhaps something akin to limited resources and enemies can replenish an environment when dealt with.

>>15100887
I actually think that Sevastopol was a combination of designs of the ore refinery and Gateway Station from Aliens.
>>
File: Capture_5.jpg (50KB, 1168x785px) Image search: [Google]
Capture_5.jpg
50KB, 1168x785px
did someone had to fight two aliens on the final stage of the game ?
>>
>>15100432
I was let down by Colonial Marines, spent my childhood wanting a marine focused game, when it was announced, the idea of it sounded perfect, the 4 player co-op, team aspect of it, then when seeing near release, how the game would look and play, I was excited.

Until release, me and a friend, as both fans of the franchise, felt like we had to force ourselves through it, the game was just bad.

Alien Isolation got the atmosphere of Alien spot on, I wish the game did better than it did, it really deserved to, though a lot of people assumed anything sega published with Alien in its title would be shit and figured it'd be CM all over again.

I would absolutely love to see, Creative Assembly, have a go at their version of Colonial Marines or something similar, I feel confident they could absolutely nail the look and the atmosphere as well as the sound design, gameplay would probably be the tricky bit though as the aliens need to still remain very dangerous but without becoming mere bullet sponges, I want a game where despite having powerful weaponry at hand, every encounter is still tense, along the lines of their first encounter in aliens when they are trying to retreat, or the attack in the medlab when they are escaping through the vents.

I suppose one way to do that is to not have ammo scattered in every other room, keep it sparse, perhaps relying on situations where its often best to flee and seal a door up maybe rather than all out constant gunfire.
>>
File: 1339561396163.jpg (281KB, 2048x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1339561396163.jpg
281KB, 2048x1153px
>>
>>15101573
I knew a guy back in the day who spoke very highly of Aliens Online, the team fps.
>>
File: Alien - rescue by cuccadesign.jpg (302KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Alien - rescue by cuccadesign.jpg
302KB, 900x1272px
Alien 3 The Assembly Cut is awesome in a messy way.

Makes me sad they will probably "alternate timeline" it.
>>
>>15101527
Nope, and I played the game in the highest difficulty level (I wish I hadn't).

>>15101573
CM was so shit. I's amazing how the AvP from 2010 looked and played better.
>>
>>15103211

And AvP was shit compared to Aliens versus Predator from 1999 and its 2001 sequel so CM being garbage wasn't a surprise.
>>
>>15103223
The original AvP it's my favourite, it did so many things right. I love the lighting system.
>>
>>15103211
>CM was so shit. I's amazing how the AvP from 2010 looked and played better.

Aye it was shockingly bad, I really wanted to like it, played through it on co-op with my friend, we both grew up on these films and this was meant to be the greatest game in the world for us, but instead we found ourselves getting home from work, jumping on skype with "right, lets get this shit over with..."

Such a let down, and whats more frustrating is that nothing ever came from it, pretty sure gearbox got away with it all.

Isolation was perfect for me though, loved every second of it.
>>
>>15103252

That game fucking terrified me.

Couldn't play the marine missions at all.

Alien missions were great though, as was multiplayer.
>>
>>15103252
Aye, been so damn long since I played any of them, I vaguely remember AvP one had lights that could be destroyed, but AvP 2 didn't, but it did have the lifecycle in multiplayer which was quite cool.

Always enjoyed the first the most, but felt a perfect mix of both games would be the best for a follow up game.
>>
The sketches from the Fire and Stone miniseries have some good stuff about the vehicles I remember
>>
File: 1477358495801.jpg (71KB, 323x497px) Image search: [Google]
1477358495801.jpg
71KB, 323x497px
>>15096013
>>
I've heard that in Alien: Isolation, the Xenomorphs actually act more like they did in the first movie on Medium difficulty.
Lying in wait to ambush its prey.

Anyone else got that feeling?
>>
>>15106248
I feel it's more pronounced on hard, and even then it's a matter of how the AI decides to play out.

For me the alien was a ceiling lurker through and through, always dashing around to troll me when hoping for a good range value on the motion tracker. But I played super conservatively and respected the alien for the rape elemental it is.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.