[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you equip your soldiers with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 21

File: Himockfront.jpg (48KB, 420x548px) Image search: [Google]
Himockfront.jpg
48KB, 420x548px
Lets pretend you are the leader of your own fictive world, and you are being invaded by aliens. You have exactly 1 year before the aliens get here to make a mass produced weapon that can handle their advanced technology... what do you develop?

I have chosen pic related

*rules*

-it cannot be a gundam or dougram type mech in universe (no plot armor)
-it must be piloted within its own universe by atleast one un-named pilot
-it must have atleast one on-screen death (proving it is not invincible)
>>
File: Gun-EZ.jpg (102KB, 540x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-EZ.jpg
102KB, 540x1068px
Small and lightweight, capable of working in near any environment, capable of sustained flight and a large array of weapons coupled with a beam shield.
>>
File: Zgmf-x2000.jpg (656KB, 1396x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Zgmf-x2000.jpg
656KB, 1396x1896px
GOUF Ignited. I'm actually not sure if we ever see a mook flying around in one, but a production type piloted by Alex Dino gets shredded pretty hard by Shinn in the Destiny, and I assume the guy who was assigned to it was pretty salty that someone stole his mobile suit and it had to be shot down.
>>
File: Gnx803tgnxiv.jpg (88KB, 245x430px) Image search: [Google]
Gnx803tgnxiv.jpg
88KB, 245x430px
Not that it has the best track record against aliens, but it's hard to find a sexier and more flexible grunt.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
88KB, 640x640px
Moonrace begone
>>
File: VF-25 grey.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VF-25 grey.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: atm-09-st.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
atm-09-st.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>
>>15089434
I'll have to go with the GN-XIV too. Sexy as hell, reasonably powerful, variable loadout, and can be equipped with a core fighter for extra pilot survivability.
>>
Disregard robots.

Acquire thunderwells.
>>
File: Rx-160s.jpg (550KB, 1115x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-160s.jpg
550KB, 1115x1090px
>>
File: ManRodi.png (128KB, 365x410px) Image search: [Google]
ManRodi.png
128KB, 365x410px
this thing
pirates use it and the gun is cheap
plus that axe/hammer is dope as fuck
>inb4 shit show
>I know it's shit but these things rock

>>15090729
>>15089434
also these
>>
File: TOY-RBT-2966.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-2966.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>15089116
Space fighter, jet fighter, and mech, all in one.
>>
>>15090851
Crazy overtechnology, assoads of missiles, main gun is a gatling coil gun, energy shields, extra armor and heavy weapons option parts, recon and heavy bomber variants, fold drive addons, and EX Gear upgrades down the road, AND is just a mass produced grunt.

Everyone else in this thread is objectively wrong compared to this nigga.
>>
>>15090851
>>15090868
And to top it all off, compared to the stuff the core planets in the setting have for mass production it's actually an outdated piece of shit given to backwater colonies and expeditionary forces, so this OP motherfucker fits the OP's criteria perfectly.
>>
>>15090881
And did I forget to mention these things can be armed with nukes and dimension eater weapons?

What's a dimension eater? It's a bomb that basically creates spheres of destruction similar to black holes. It comes in two varieties, massive bombs that can destroy entire fleets and take chunks out of planets, and normal size bullets and missiles that do the same thing on a micro level. Fucking black hole bullets.

Those aliens are proper fucked.
>>
>goes from mobile suit to mobile armour
>is canon undefeated
>no stigma of equipping your soldiers with losing equipment
The Messala is perfect.
>>
File: 800px-Raphael_(Argos).png (446KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Raphael_(Argos).png
446KB, 800x450px
The Thrones Raphael model Fafner.

Its mass produced, is flight capable, customizable with many different loadout options. Piloting is a cinch since the mech links up to your nervous system allowing you to control it like your own body. Give these to your air force, army, navy, whatever. It can be modded to handle all terrains. And if all else fails, its got a handy self-destruct mechanism to take out your foe.
>>
>>15089116
>Powerful as fuck even without its strongest weapons.
>It's mass produced.
>A bunch of them were piloted by nameless/faceless guys and died in the first episode.
>Can achieve flight.
>Can operate independently and is super loyal to you.
>Zenmetsu

Why are you not picking machine calibers?
>>
>>15090917
Best wingman didn't deserve what he got.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2662x2823px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2662x2823px
>>15089116
I don't care how high tech those aliens are, they can't armor a ship to survive this thing's cannon.

Also geara dogas
>>
>>15090912
There's something about the Raphael's wings that's always put me off. Which is odd, because I'm usually rather fond of wings like that. The oversized claw arm unbalances the design a bit too much for my taste, too.

While I love the base Thrones frame, I prefer the Sandalphon and the Dominions models over the Raphael.
>>
>>15090902

That thing doesn't meet criteria #2 and #3
>>
File: 02011960440.jpg (84KB, 594x800px) Image search: [Google]
02011960440.jpg
84KB, 594x800px
For me, it would have to be the "mass-produced" or "common" Guardians from Giant Gorg. Fully pilotable, equipped with a single catch-all weapon, about as invincible as Gorg itself, and, if need be, able to be remotely controlled that's how they show up in the anime anyway. I have no proper pictures of the common Guardians and can't take screenshots right now so instead you get this image of an unarmed garage kit of one.

These things were invincible against damn near everything human beings threw at them and are at least as tough as Gorg itself in most respects. Their one weakness requires precision to strike and when exploited by human combatants against it they managed to kill only one before being overrun anyway- not that a lot of the Guardians didn't die first

If it weren't these things, it'd be something from the RGM family- good performance, reliability, and adequate weaponry at a decent price.

>>15089186
>>15090936
Good taste. However, I'd be inclined to think these break the second rule, that is, having unnamed pilots.
>>
>>15090999
Did the xamel's pilots ever get named?
I just remember it helping the named characters then getting destroyed.
>>
File: saku.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
saku.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
sakus of course
>>
>>15091000
I don't recall if he was named in the show's dialogue, but he is known as... Bob.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Bob
>>
>>15091000
Guy was literally named Bob.
>>
I'd go with this guy. Nice and heavy, relatively fast, good weaponry, solid unit overall
>>
File: leopard2.png (68KB, 430x240px) Image search: [Google]
leopard2.png
68KB, 430x240px
>Not choosing for the superior mecha

Fucking robots doesn't even stand a chance
>>
>>15092466
hell yeah!
>>
>>15089232
Kira guns down a few after he gets the Strike Freedom, you're good.
>>
>>15090917
>Why are you not picking machine calibers?
because they were on the losing side.
>>
>>15090627
This.

I mean it's absurdly cheap to build in it's universe it seems since there's a shit ton of them (Granted it on a galaxy wide scale they have to build for) it can be adapted for anything from heavy equipment loads to fucking gladiator combat, also it looks neat.
>>
>>15092776
It's not that perfect though, they have one big flaw. The fluid that makes them run (that deteriorates over time and needs to be filtered or replaced) will catch fire or explode when exposed to shock and high heat, things you will find plenty on a battlefield.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.