[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is Dancouga Worth a watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 12

File: 3661435211_b121317767_b.jpg (429KB, 1024x653px) Image search: [Google]
3661435211_b121317767_b.jpg
429KB, 1024x653px
How good is Dancouga
Worth a watch?
>>
>>15087143

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh kinda. When it's good it quite good, it's just the good bits are a bit far between and there's a lot of QUALITY. Like a real lot. We're talking negative animation here.
>>
>>15087206
This mirrors my experience. There's some great music, YATTE YARUZE is satisfying, and there's some solid scenes and animation, but plenty of QUALITY and more than once it left me thinking "well, that was fucking stupid". If you've watched SDF Macross, it's that level of variation in animation quality, though with the average skewed towards the crappy.

Incidentally, there's a bunch of easter eggs which are kind of neat. One of the transformation sequences has a chunk of the BASIC code for Snake, for instance.
>>
>>15087143
Sara is the focus while Shinobu is the hero that screams at everything.
>>
The stuff with Lara was just weird as fuck too.
>>
It's alright.
>>
>>15087143
What the first two anons said, I agree. Music is in places just cherry. Some really great parts. It's one I can watch every few years just because. I stay the hell away from Dancouga Nova though.
>>
>>15087499

I like Nova a lot. Fun characters some decent mechs and action and it's all done in a nice digestible 12 episodes so it's over before it starts to wear it's welcome. Which, and Im not trying to start shit, is a lot better than the original series main robot not even showing up for 18 episodes. It's a much better paced show.

Nova probably won't blow you away but it's a nice show to watch when you don't want a heavier or longer series to watch.
>>
File: 1435443777498.png (490KB, 3180x4720px) Image search: [Google]
1435443777498.png
490KB, 3180x4720px
>>15087143
I actually just finished it today. I agree with other anons. it has its good parts but you gotta keep your head down and power through the QUALITY. It wouldnt hurt the average /m/an to check out
>>
It's sloooooooooow.

But Kazuki Yao, Shiozawa and Wakamoto are VAs in it.
>>
It's half amazing and half boring as fuck. If it looks like something that you'd enjoy then you probably will, if it doesnt then you wont.
>>
File: burn.jpg (424KB, 1061x1300px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
424KB, 1061x1300px
Don't mind me, just being the red-headed stepchild.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
You've enjoyed Dancouga, now watch their VAs (attempt to) sing live while wearing military uniforms because errrr...yatte yaruze!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6X-AybWmk0wIJgcC3q_IlESRVkeTU5Z0
>>
>>15088221
At least it got scanlated, which is more than one can say for other non-Gundam Hasegawa stuff.
>>
>>15087536
>the original series main robot not even showing up for 18 episodes
I think that was probably the most interesting and unique thing about the original Dancouga

Other shows with a team of pilots and their combining robot go through the same kind of conflict, but they never have the same kind of representation of said conflict in the action scenes. Not to mention it was cool to finally see a show where the individual robots could actually do things uncombined and they made tactics based on individual ability rather than finding the most convenient way to do the finishing move.

I'll bet Nova was good though. I hear it's a lot like Gravion, and I enjoyed Gravion more than Dancouga. Still waiting on those DVD subs.
>>
>>15089710
>I think that was probably the most interesting and unique thing about the original Dancouga

it is but it isn't. I mean it's always cool to see the individual mechs get a chance to shine but when the show already has pacing issues and needed to be ended in a separate OVA I really wish they'd have dialed it back some. Even 10 episodes feels like too long.

Nova had a lot of fun with it's mechs though. One of my favorite moments was early in the series seeing an episode end on a cliffhanger with Nova being constricted by a giant snake robot and then next episode opens up with everyone having separated off camera and tear it a new asshole.

Every time I go to call the show mediocre or standard I just remember some little thing it does right and it makes me smile.

Some one actually made .ass subs for the DVDs but Ive misplaced the link and while Id love to upload them myself my main computer is three states away
>>
>>15089808
Those .ass subs need some serious fixing, most notably the last six episodes.
>>
File: 169123_p0.jpg (212KB, 1550x1000px) Image search: [Google]
169123_p0.jpg
212KB, 1550x1000px
I like it a lot, It's probably my 2nd favorite Super robot show. The original does have it's padding moments, but It's very Good as a whole, when you include the OVAS, Except blazing epilogue cause it sucked.

Dancouga Burn is worth a read, just for curiosity's sake.

Nova I probably like as much as the original. It is Different from the original, but I think it still has the same spirit and I think that's what counts. It's an enjoyable ride from start to finish, but I think it could have been longer or got an equivalent to God Bless Dancouga.
>>
File: 5cba0a1ce8bf7d2785c0c7f508ba5e1a.jpg (704KB, 849x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5cba0a1ce8bf7d2785c0c7f508ba5e1a.jpg
704KB, 849x1000px
>>15093793

Yeahd Id love to see a Nova Zwei. A chance to flesh out some of the characters would be great, Sakuya especially didn't get near the time to shine the others did. Maybe get a bit more into who F.S is. I mean it quite obviously stands really for Fan Service

also can't say no to more Aoi.
>>
>>15093806
It's kinda obvious he is shinobu since he looks and sounds like him.
>>
File: dancougas.png (196KB, 950x500px) Image search: [Google]
dancougas.png
196KB, 950x500px
>>
>>15096220
>>15088221
>Dancouga Burn
>Cougar leg: This, this my life. Years of acting school and here I am in a manga no one read loosely connected to an anime most people would have forgotten about if not for a crossover video game series
>Liger Leg: Will you be muh friend
>>
File: footprints.png (197KB, 469x481px) Image search: [Google]
footprints.png
197KB, 469x481px
>>15096726
They're having fun.
>>
File: 1467936019183.jpg (163KB, 574x471px) Image search: [Google]
1467936019183.jpg
163KB, 574x471px
>>15087206
>>15087251
>>15087499

It's not bad. Not amazing tho. Basically what these dudes said. I had to force myself to finish it but that's probably just me.

It's a really quality made series tho. Great music and animation. It had a very sentai esque feel to it and the team was pretty decent.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.