[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mazinger help thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: bs004.jpg (139KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
bs004.jpg
139KB, 1200x800px
Heya /m/. With SRW V coming out in English and with more Mazinger than ever I was looking to finally get into the series.

The only Go Nagai things I have watched have been a crappy Devilman anime, part of the live action Devilman movie and Go Nagai World in its entirety.

What do I watch and what do I skip for a first run?
>>
File: 1.jpg (197KB, 1280x1825px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
197KB, 1280x1825px
Read the original Manga, it's short and sweet. Then read what is translated of great mazinger.
Then watch shin mazinger, its on crunchy roll.
After that watch mazinkaiser and skl.
Then if you want to and have the time watch toeizinger

something you need to understand is that most version of mazinger are different. Anyways that's what I did. Haven't read Mazin zero because it's not finished but I will eventually
>>
>>15086713
I suggest you watch a few Toei crossover movies to get a feel of 70s Mazinger. You can watch the series too if you want with what's subbed or Great Mazinger, and Grendizer. My personal favourite of that era is Mazinger Z vs The Great General of Darkness. It's a great movie that influenced Terada as a kid.

If you're not keen in the 70s stuff, you can watch Mazinkaiser, Shin Mazinger, Mazinkaiser SKL.

If you still want more, check out the manga and the spinoffs. The Mazinger manga is pretty good but only up to a certain point, after that it becomes kinda boring due to a magazine change resulting in the manga trying to ape the anime too much. That said, Great Mazinger and Grendizer are alright. There is also a Mazinger trilogy by Gosaku Ota but only Grendizer is scanlated in that one.

Th spinoffs like Mazinger ZERO, Mazinger Angels and Otome are good shameless fun too but they require some basics to fully appreciate.
>>
File: 42096744.jpg (526KB, 920x680px) Image search: [Google]
42096744.jpg
526KB, 920x680px
Also forgot, Robot Girls Z, but again, I think you'll find better appreciation if you already are familiar a bit with the original 70s anime material.
>>
File: gonagai.jpg (2MB, 1344x6361px) Image search: [Google]
gonagai.jpg
2MB, 1344x6361px
>>
>>15086735
>>15086749
Thanks everyone.
>>
File: 001ja.jpg (770KB, 1418x1410px) Image search: [Google]
001ja.jpg
770KB, 1418x1410px
>>
Learn Japanese. Play through SRW 2~4 and SRW Alpha~Alpha 3. Unlearn Japanese. Play SRW V in english.
>>
Read the Devilman manga.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.