[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /m/, I just finished Gundam Seed Destiny and now I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Zgmf-1000-luna.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Zgmf-1000-luna.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
Alright /m/, I just finished Gundam Seed Destiny and now I have a question. How would the One Year War(UC) have changed if Zeon had Cosmic Era Zaku's?
>>
>>15086478

Maybe drags on a bit longer but infighting and Char killing Zabi's still does them in at the end.
>>
>>15086478
Zeon wouldn't have been as cool.
>>
The Federation built a lot of its MS projects based on captured Zaku designs and engineering.

You're upgrading the Federation's arsenal as well as Zeon's.

It'd probably end up with the RX78 using elements of the Core Booster and G-Armor as attachments/addons/backpacks on hardpoints on its body.
>>
I'm curious what the initial zaft mobile suits used for energy if not minovsky particles
>>
>>15086597
Batteries. Literal, actual batteries.

Yes, It's stupid. It's so stupid it hurts. It's one of the reasons that people hate SEED so much.
>>
>>15086597
>I'm curious what the initial zaft mobile suits used for energy if not minovsky particles

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/YMF-01B_Proto_GINN

According to the wiki, they used batteries.
>>
>>15086611
>Yes, It's stupid. It's so stupid it hurts. It's one of the reasons that people hate SEED so much.

SEED was so stupid, but has some of my favorite OP songs, so I don't know how to feel.
>>
>>15086611
>>15086613
But the main energy drainer was Phase Shift wasn't it? Which they don't have or have to worry about.
>>
>>15086637
Yes. Power usage was not of significant concern until Phase Shift armor was invented and beam weapons became standard.

ZAFT mobile suits specifically had entirely conventional and physical weapons that didn't require power.
>>
File: Zgmf-x2000.jpg (656KB, 1396x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Zgmf-x2000.jpg
656KB, 1396x1896px
>>15086478
who cares about ZAKU?!
>>
>>15086613
>cannot be used by a Natural as it is only installed with Coordinator-use OS.

What cognitive abilities did coordinators have anyway?
The only time is really was heavily brought up was when jesus yamato made windows 7 on the fly, but we never really see any other coordinator do anything super smart
>>
>>15086707
Every Coordinator was basically that friend you had in high school that spent all of his time making shitty webpages and forums and making you sign up on them to test them out.
>>
>>15086707
Nicol could play piano realyl well.
>>
>>15086707
They never portrayed it that way on screen (because it would visually looking mighty dumb) but Coordinators innately have faster reflexes and responses, can multitask better, etc.

Mobile suits had minimal automation and computer control, pilots were responsible for controlling a lot of basic aspects of the suits workings.

It's why Naturals couldn't even use the mobile suits they'd built until Kira wrote an OS for them that was basically a Pilot Assist system.
>>
>>15086637
And beam weapons, which ZAKUs use pretty heavily. Though they actually did the smart thing and made separate battery packs just for the weapons, that could be loaded and ejected like magazines.
>>
>>15086822
Which personally, to me, is a sign not that Coordinators are superior but inferior. Or at least that their engineers are. If your machine is so hard to use that it takes literally superhuman multitasking and reflexes to handle, you are a bad engineer.
>>
>>15086611
>batteries are more stupid than literal magic particles

Nice underage
>>
>>15086822
>innately have faster reflexes and responses, can multitask better, etc.
except for Nicol, apparently
>>
>>15086882
Magic particles that facilitate fusion reactions. Nuclear fusion should produce more energy than can be stored in the battery. Should in any sane world, anyway. SEED's technology is all over the place, I can't rule out that their energy storage technology is really just that good.
>>
>>15086902
they decided to upgrade from conventional fission reactor to some sort of retarded nuclear battery in destiny

there was no change other than it was now possible to run out of power mid-battle because the battery was being taxed harder than it could recharge
>>
>>15086882
UC has mobile suits powered by nuclear fusion. Nuclear fusion is definitely a thing and we see with things like critical mass and barium liners than nuclear reactions can be catalyzed. Having a new elementery particle show up because of this isn't too much of a stretch.

No, I'm disappointed because of how both boring it is and how it affects the plot. Namely, it doesn't as it was merely a plot device to explain why the PLANTS don't get nuked.

Really, neutron jammers? That's the best you could come up with? Seriously, who wrote this shit. It's like greasing the whole road rather than making a wheel.
>>
>>15086902
It's possible that nuclear fusion just isn't viable in SEED. I'm willing to buy that with how tough it is in reality.

No, the retarded part is that the Archangel's main guns shoot fucking antimatter.
>>
>>15087035
I just want to know what their ships run on.
>>
>>15087086
Souls of the dead.
>>
>>15086702
What a waste of the decent character
>>
>>15086997
I've actually got notes for a fanfic that rewrites the story without N-Jammers. It takes very little additional premises to keep the story entirely intact.
>>
>>15087035
Oh, sure, them not having fusion is fine. I can believe that. But their battery-operated suits behaving with superior performance characteristics than the fusion-powered ones just feels odd.

As for the ships shooting antimatter, yeah, that's dumb. But I'm fairly certain that Fukuda doesn't actually know what positrons are, given the whole "positronic interference" thing the Archangel does to get into orbit, so I'm just writing it off as that.
>>
>>15087239
To be fair, we've got nuclear powered probes that had substantially crappier capability than solar powered ones. It does feel odd, but it's not a huge stretch.
>>
>>15087265
Those nuclear probes don't have nuclear reactors. They just use the heat from radioactive material to generate a few hundred watts of power.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator
>>
>>15087366
Yes, RTGs are quite distinct from the average fission plant. The point is that terms like "nuclear" and "battery" apply to a fairly broad swath of technologies with varied performance. Hell, the batteries we have now can vary in energy density by a factor of 30.
>>
>>15087233
I think that's the point of the whole thing. You take out N-Jammers....nothing in the story really changes.

That's why i think SEED is such fanfic fodder, i had potential, but required the fans to fix the is shit.
>>
>>15087652
I think the battery's they are using, at least by how they are described, more closely resembles a GN Capacitor from 00 or even a UC E-Cap. It stores a certain amount of energy that is depleted with use.
Feels closer to those than a LI Battery of today.
>>
>>15087795
If you take out N-jammers then there's nothing stopping the Gamow and Vesalius from opening fire on the Archangel as soon as it leaves the Heliopolis debris field.

Or if you extend it to the entire backstory, PLANT would have been hit with a storm of nuclear missiles and most likely devastated beyond fuck before the show starts.
>>
>>15087801
E-caps aren't power sources. They're an internal ammo magazine.
>>
>>15087809
yeah, an Energy Cap, ammo storage for beam weapons means the gun doesn't rely on the suits reactor for energy....do you know about Gundam beyond SEED?

Also before you say it
E-Cap = Internal storage
E-Clip external replaceable clips (See GP01 and MKII)
>>
>>15086478
ugliest zakus, would not sieg zeon
>>
>>15087803
Ecm, debris, and maximum beam weapon ranges.

As for the nukes? Neutron stampeders are actually fairly plausible defense. Trigger the fission process early and the nukes cook off. Mind, it would be more like a reactor melt down than a true detonation but it would effectively kill the warhead. And all you need is a neutron particle accelerator. We have those now.
>>
>>15089954
>E-Clip
>>
>>15086881

To be fair, the EA OS was vastly improved by a single superhuman also. Kira was a student of software engineering, or at least something similar; you see him working on code for a bipedal robot at the start of the Heliopolis arc. Most of his "rewriting" also seems to be for the processes of the program; when you have an example laid out in front of you (as terribly written as it may be) it's easier to skip the base thinking processes and immediately proceed to program runtime optimization.

It's a staple to call Kira's OS meddling bullshit and it still rightly is given the lack of lag time in the hardware that would prevent his antics in the first place, to say nothing of Kira being the main character that can understand shitty code at a glance, but it's nothing on the level of, say, what goes on in SRW OGIN where Filio does something akin to rebuilding a direct-trace control scheme .exe in a minute or so. At least the second example has the excuse of being in SRW.

It is unknown how much of the Natural OS is based off any captured coordinator examples, if at all, but either way still showcases that coordinators are able to physically compensate for a build 1.0 version of a software cribbed from work pods while the Natural catch-up effort starts somewhere around looking like QWOP played with one hand.

Of course this distinction largely becomes irrelevant later on as no normal Naturals are ever again shown operating anything with a ZAFT OS, so we will never know if coordinator OSes did improve. If they did, however, it would actually have explained why the Windam fucking sucked monkey balls in live combat in Destiny, because coordinator pilot efforts no longer have to be used to plug holes in program ineffeciency.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.