[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kenji needs to lay off the pudding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 81

Fafner: Beyond PV now up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9DsyhX0LBo
>>
Producer: Gou Nakanishi
Script: Ubukata
Director: Takashi Noto
>>
I tried

Miwa: I'm Hino Miwa
Miwa: When you were little, we talked a lot. Do you remember Soushi?

Sign: The Fifth Operation Azure begins

Sign: Get back the abducted Minashiro Soushi
Sign: Operation Azure again

Miwa: Come back, Soushi! Don't choose them! That's not your place! Beyond that there's your real homeland!

Sign: The time has come

Sign (Soushi?): If it was decided that I'm here
Sign (Soushi?): Then I'm gonna fight this fate

Sign: Do you want to know the truth?

Sign: Beyond that, there's your real place
>>
>>15085560
He's slowly turning into Mamoru
>>
Missed a line with the 2nd/3rd sign

Miwa: We have all been looking for you
>>
>>15085591
I guess this is what people meant when they said Soushi2 was rebellious. I just expected a bad attitude, but if it's a major part of the plot this could be interesting, sounds like he has a bit of an identity crisis.
>>
>>15085566
So yea I'm expecting this to be a movie now. Habara isn't cited, probably due to his work on Yamato. There's only Noto which makes sense if it's just a movie. Also Ubukata's credit is just script as opposed to series composition.
>>
Mark Nicht Mk.2?
The head is different
>>
File: BeyondMiwhat.png (530KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BeyondMiwhat.png
530KB, 1280x720px
Wait so this is Miwa? Wow.
>>
Is that Miwa on Mark Sein?
>>
>>15085607
Head is the same. Like Sein, Nicht has a chin you don't usually see.
>>
File: nicht.jpg (212KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
nicht.jpg
212KB, 1344x756px
>>15085613
Nope, the chin on mark nicht doesn't normally extend like this, I literally looked at my RD before posting
>>
>>15085616
The visor looks like its a different shape too.
>>
>>15085607
>>15085613
>>15085616
Yeah the traditionally-animated shots tend to humanize the face a bit more, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.
>>
>>15085629
It really does look like a new head with that pic for comparison, though.

Look at the 'mouth' segment - its curved with the new Nicht.
>>
>>15085636
I think that's just an instance of different animators working on the same thing. All the "ideas" are the same, just slightly different proportionally between drawing styles.
>>
>>15085560
>YOU WILL SOON LEARN

Anime of the year soon.
>>
File: twoshi in trouble.png (2MB, 2161x1218px) Image search: [Google]
twoshi in trouble.png
2MB, 2161x1218px
>>15085591
>Get back the abducted Minashiro Soushi

Hold up. That doesn't sound like they're trying to save Soushi Mk. Ein from something (how would they even do that?). It sounds like someone abducted Soushi Mk. Zwei, and Tatsumiya has to get Soushi Mk. Zwei back.
>>
>>15085754
Yeah based on all this, I'm assuming maybe Soushi2 willingly sides with the Festum to some extent, and that's what causes trouble.

Not much to go off, though.
>>
File: CVZ3SiBU8AAvBcb.jpg (38KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CVZ3SiBU8AAvBcb.jpg
38KB, 599x337px
>>15085616
>I literally looked at my RD before posting

You lucky fuck.
>>
>>15085771
>lucky
nigga I paid 220 €
>>
>>15085754
My understanding is that maybe, maaaaaybe Nicht still had some hostile Festum will left over inside (fuck you Idun) and Soushi fell for that?
>>
>>15085778
Could also be that being raised as basically the replacement for a dead person fucked him up a little. Bound to feel like he doesn't even really know who he is.
>>
File: soon you shall learn.png (1MB, 1973x1094px) Image search: [Google]
soon you shall learn.png
1MB, 1973x1094px
I think Japan misinterpreted the space shuttles by saying that Fumihiko was in space. It looks like there are two different things going on. First, there are five pods. (Aren't these the kinds of pods Nicht and Sein used to get to Srinegar?) Second, there's a completely differently shaped hovercraft that Fumihiko and some bridge bunnies are on. I don't think we're going to space, just sending some Fafners long-distance in a hurry.

>>15085775
That's downright reasonable.

>>15085778
That or he was literally kidnapped. Jonathan showed up, threw him in a sack, and took him to space.
>>
Do you think Seri was finally able to come home?
>>
>>15085794
>I think Japan misinterpreted the space shuttles by saying that Fumihiko was in space. It looks like there are two different things going on. First, there are five pods. (Aren't these the kinds of pods Nicht and Sein used to get to Srinegar?) Second, there's a completely differently shaped hovercraft that Fumihiko and some bridge bunnies are on. I don't think we're going to space, just sending some Fafners long-distance in a hurry.
I was just about to post something about this.

We see seven different people piloting in the trailer, assuming they're not just throwing entirely random mismatched scenes at us, SOMETHING big must have happened to warrant sending at least five of them across the planet.
>>
File: LolvkLj.jpg (612KB, 1890x2346px) Image search: [Google]
LolvkLj.jpg
612KB, 1890x2346px
Would SDPs still work if Tatsumiya's Mir is sleeping?
>>
Why is Kenji gotten fat?
>>
>>15085837
He ate Sakura to keep her safe.
>>
>>15085813
Looks like Kurusu still has his SDP
>>
And they finally fixed Mark Ein name with the proper German Eins
>>
>>15085591
>Operation Azure again

I don't know why this is funny to me. Guess it's just in Sushi's DNA to get kidnapped.
>>
>>15085850
So I guess Mk Eins-re:Specter is Mk Eins upgrade and Miwa will pilot it

>>15085592
He sure does look more like Mamoru now. What a way to pay tribute to your best friend.

I hope Sakura got thicker
>>
File: sakura.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sakura.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Sakura now a bridge bunny?
>>
>>15085787
Pretty much. Orihime's literal first words were not to call her by her mother's name because they were different people. They already messed up by giving Twoshi the same name.
>>
>>15085886
I think that's one of the NUN girls who joined up in DA.
>>
>>15085886
That's another one of the former NUN girls, was in the CDC in Exodus too.
>>
>Mimika no longer a pilot

BUT WITHOUT A GOUBAIN WHAT WILL WE DO?
>>
File: OlderReo.jpg (38KB, 614x397px) Image search: [Google]
OlderReo.jpg
38KB, 614x397px
Holy shit, Reo looks cool and manly now.

NICE
>>
>>15085913
>No healer
>No tank
With this party they are going to die.
>>
>>15085918
Miwa SDP is gonna be pure hax
>>
File: OlderKazuki.jpg (38KB, 768x429px) Image search: [Google]
OlderKazuki.jpg
38KB, 768x429px
Kazuki has short hair now. It's like the hair he had when he was a small kid.
>>
>>15085916
Mimika made him grow his hair out to look like an 80s super robot pilot.

Also his late growth spurt is cute.
>>
>>15085922
I don't like it.
>>
>>15085921
What if Miwa's SDP has some sort of communication hax? maybe she can turn some festums to her side
>>
>>15085889
Kurusu doesn't have any hangups about using the same name.
>>
>>15085944
Festum can't be understood by humans, news at 11.
>>
>>15085944
He's also 100% purebred Festum.

The key difference to me was always that Tsubaki and Orihime are more human than Festum, so of course Orihime wouldn't be content just adopting her mother's name and personality. A Festum can just look at it logically and say "same memories, same name as the last core", but to a human that's weird.

Presumably Soushi will be the same. Plus it doesn't even seem like he has the original's memories, so he's just a kid growing up surrounded by expectations of a dead man he's never met.
>>
>>15085923
That's a good thing she did. I love the 80s super robot pilot look.
>>
File: 085.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
085.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>Letting the guy who had their weird quasi codependent relationship with another guy basically raise his kid and rename him after the guy

>Not leading to fucking psychological issues

I fucking called it. Alvis staff, you should have known better but you let nepotism win the day so now Soushi's fucked in the head.

It's also convenient that probably the person (Seri) with the most experience with dealing with Festum-Human hybrids got thrown in a time capsule. Fucking Seri wouldn't have let that shit fly.
>>
File: C1fkxlKUAAA1Sa-.jpg (72KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C1fkxlKUAAA1Sa-.jpg
72KB, 1200x800px
>>15085916
>>15085923
>>15085963
>His mane grew out
>>
>>15086001
Don't count out Chizuru, who was responsible for basically everything regarding Tsubaki.

Probably any of the adults would have been better at raising a kid than Kazuki,really.
>>
>>15086015
Oh yeah. Reo became a lion now.
>>
>>15086015
Oh god, imagine if Japanese aesthetics for what pretty men look liked had allowed Reo a full beard.

>>15086020
>Chizuru
She's stuck because it's for Fumihiko though. Could she tell Fumihiko that his precious jesus boy shouldn't have a baby?

Seri's the only character who actually gets Festum and will tell Fumihiko to fuck off despite him being the boss.
>>
>>15086001
First, we don't know who raised Soushi. He could have been raised by Chizuru or Youko or Mizuguchi or the Kaburagis for all we know, and Kazuki was just taking him for a walk that day.

Second, if Kazuki wanted to raise Soushi, how could the people responsible for doling out kids say no to the only Salvatore pilot on their island? Kazuki could demand that Takeru Island be defaced with a giant dick and the Arcadian Project people would probably have to do it.
>>
>>15086050
Jesus christ, I'm making a joke you fucking fujoshit.

I'm sorry that I'm shitting all over your perfect Kazuki but he'll be doing enough of that to alienate Soushi Zwei to fuck off to the Festum or Based Hester (tm)
>>
Beyond plot:
-Neo UN kidnaps Soushi Jr. and steals Nicht
-Mission to retrieve him involves rockets and a new floating CDC ship
-Operation Azure 5 must be completed in 1 hour
-Neo UN still somehow controls Walker
-Soushi Jr. pilots Nicht against Alvis Fafners
>>
File: 1427219199508.gif (581KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1427219199508.gif
581KB, 500x375px
>>15085916
So that's where Kennosuke went after Kuromukuro ended
>>
>>15086262
>Soushi Jr. has chosen Hester

IN THE GARBAGE HE GOES
>>
>>15086283
wew
>>
So were the Fafner shots in this all traditional animation? Sure looked that way.

Must be very early work if they don't have CG shots to use yet.
>>
Reo grew the fuck up holy shit. I'd say Kazuki probably became a recluse during the timeskip so Fumihiko and Chizuru raised Soushi 2.0. Hester better be on her fucking deathbed. I want Kazuki or Maya to keep killing and reviving her a million times and I still wouldn't be satisfied. Kenji looks like he's seen some shit and let himself go. If Soushi 2.0 works with that old decrepit hag he's on the top of my shitlist.
>>
File: P1010715.jpg (166KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
P1010715.jpg
166KB, 800x600px
Anyone got the HAE BD booklet scans?
>>
Looks like a movie to me, from all appearances.

Can only hope it'll be better than H&E, if it is.
>>
>>15086262
Fuck that. We've had "Nicht versus literally every Fafner on Tatsumiya" twice already -- toward the end of DA and in H&E. I'm tired of final boss fight bad guy Nicht.

Also, haven't all the Azures been fighting Festum, not the NUN? Azure 5 being a Soushi mission might be a sign that Soushi was kidnapped by Festum, not the NUN (and also, Festum could plausibly argue that Soushi's "place" is with them, but the NUN doesn't have that kind of claim over him).

Someone should pull up the screenshot of Soushi in the hangar and see if it looks like a Tatsumiya hangar, the NUN hangars from late Exodus, or something new.
>>
>>15085560
he could just be built
>>
>>15085560
/m/ needs a proper database for fafners and festums
>>
I hope Jonathan and the Raison come back. He was a pretty tragic character looking back on it and I actually like the Raison's design.
>>
>>15086287
Maybe Alvis won't let him play with fireworks but grandma Hester will give him a really big one.
>>
Wew lads
Can't wait
>>
File: 006.jpg (31KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
31KB, 600x336px
>Walker is alive because when Vagrant assimilated his Mir, there was a fragment missing which I assumed was just residual battle damage from Rina, but if so I realize he should have had battle damage from Koyo too

FAFNER STAFF FUCKING ALWAYS ON POINT

WALKER MASTER RUSE MIR, EVEN RUSING FUCKING VAGRANT

THAT'S WHY IT LITERALLY JUST STOOD OUT IN THE OPEN OCEAN AND LET ITSELF BE ASSIMILATED
GOD DAMN
>>
>>15086602
>Walker gets the last laugh.
>>
>>15085560
isn't that the guy that Patrick Zala(Athrun's dad) shoots at the end of gundam seed
and by shoots I mean shot him like 20 times when he ask him if he was really gonna blow up the earth
>>
File: Kenji.jpg (16KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
Kenji.jpg
16KB, 400x302px
>>15086619
AVIATOR : BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
ROADRUNNER : BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
CRAWLER : BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
VAGRANT : BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
FLOATER : Ashoka and Tatsumiya's onahole and jobber squad

WALKER : LAST LAUGH

>>15086624
No. It's Kenji Kondou. He just actually aged because he wasn't junking on Festum magic.
>>
>>15085610

She's obviously talking in the trailer but I can only hope she has a different voice actor, because even factoring in Japan's weird quirks I can't imagine someone like her talking with the voice of an adolescent child.
>>
>>15086602
Would be surprising if he spent all those years being little Soushi's invisible friend at the beach.
>>15086631
>AVIATOR : BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
If Nicht can be pulled out of Sein it would probably be the same for him and might even come with upgraded form.
>>
>>15086725
>Ayyy Soushi, that Kazuki guy wants to stick his penis(is it called a penis? fucking human biology) in your vagina and impregnate you(that's how human reproduction works right?)

>Come join us the water is fine. Bring that Nicht, I'll give it SWEET water based upgrades and let you ride my Laevathin

>Also kill that one pilot who can make things appear to him. He's a dick.
>>
>>15086732
>Refugee kid: Mommy that Soushi kid keeps telling lies about his friend at the beach, what a wierdo.
And so Soushi's troubled childhood begins.
>Are you learning pottery Soushi? Oh yes put my water inside the jar and share it with everyone, I'm sure they will love it.
>>
>>15086227
Calm the fuck down, that anon didn't even say anything defending Kazuki. Pointing out that Kazuki has an enormous amount of cachet among the Tatsumiya refugees is just stating facts.

I also found it pretty fucking weird that Soushi Mk II wasn't given a different name, and I hope Beyond properly explores whatever psychological issues he has from that and from whatever feelings Kazuki and the rest of the cast projected onto him.
>>
If after all those years Maya still didn't get Kazuki's dick even once, I'll be mad.
>>
>>15086884

Course she didn't, the yaoi crowd is too strong to rebuke.

Gotta make those fujobucks.
>>
>>15086887
God damn it sick girl Shouko and best girl Kanon both died so that Maya could get the D. Not getting it is almost an act of disrespect for both of them.
>>
>>15086887
You do know that fujos actually don't give two shits about what the "canon" says, right?
>>
>>15086898

Well, the 'canon' seems to be very much in their favor at the moment regardless.
>>
>>15086884
>>15086887
Do you really think that Maya is still after Kazuki? I can only see them as friends besides I never saw interest as more than friends from Kazuki or even Maya

Kazuki even chose Canon in an alternate future.
>>
>>15086900
The same canon that has Soushi still in love with Maaya? The same canon that outright stated that Soushi would allow Kazuki and Maaya to become a thing without a fight while Akira wouldn't? Like I said, the fujos don't care about canon at all.
>>
>>15086907

And the same canon that did not skimp on ramping up their interaction whenever it had the chance. Fujos prey on such things.
>>
>>15086915
Yes, but saying that "they haven't become a thing because of the fujos" is bullshit. They haven't become a thing for the same Chizuru and Fumihiko haven't: Tow doesn't want to focus on it.
>>
Also that footage wasn't movie quality and was clearly EARLY fucking footage since we hardly saw any of the Fafners and most of it took place over the ocean. We won't be getting that this year.
>>
I just realized that Rina's probably not piloting the Neun or at least a heavily modified version of the Neun because she's not underwater during combat.

The Neun being one of the heavy set types means it can't really glide on the surface and she doesn't have anti-gravity Festum magic like Koyo or Misao to make up for it. She might be hooked up to one of the planes Alvis has, but that wouldn't have really fit in one of the reentry pods.

The Hovering Fortress is very understaffed, only by former Nuns and Fumihiko, which in my mind doesn't scream a rescue craft but actually a delegation craft, which would fit Fumihiko's current modus of operation, in that the only way to convert people is to actually talk to them.

So if I was to hazard a random guess, Fumihiko is off trying to negotiate and comes under attack and they need reinforcements. Soushi, with his hidden motive, convinces everyone to let him come to help and then making his landing tries to run away during the confusion.

I mean, it'd be the perfect opportunity since a normal escape from the new island is probably impossible since you've got Ashoka, Emily 2, and Misao's Mir and Festum all keeping tabs of the surronding area. The moment he'd try to fuck off he'd be found out with so many watchful eyes.
>>
>only new Fafner will be the Mark Eins upgrade and that will be just the Einherjar close combat mode with some differences
>>
>>15086990
Hey man, we didn't actually get to enjoy the Einerjar Sieben or Vier that much.
>>
>>15086994
you must be aware they share the same basic frame with their respective combat role units like Amaterasu and Neun

since we already know the Einherjars ditched the Durandal and Mine Blades for arm built-in machineguns and arm fixed blades there musn't be other unrevealed gimmicks unless the Razing Cutter still exist somewhere

and the PV confirmed there won't be many new weapons if at all
>>
>>15086982
Neun is the same type is Acht though, and we've seen the Acht operate underwater.
>>
>>15087036
What I'm saying is that in the scene where Rina was piloting she wasn't underwater. Please learn to read.
>>
>>15085560
Man Xebec really spoiled me with Exodus, if this is a movie and not a show I might actually be slightly disappointed in their production values
>>
what if the third missing variant of the Thrones Model*the general purpose one) appears?
>>
>>15087043
That was Miwa.
>>
File: CRMQbO6UcAA0Tk2.png (301KB, 538x784px) Image search: [Google]
CRMQbO6UcAA0Tk2.png
301KB, 538x784px
>>15086631
>Tatsumiya's onahole

It takes a pretty adventurous man to jam it in the avatar of a fourth-dimensional super-being when the avatar has a history of freaking out about pain and going on a rampage. There's a fifty-fifty chance he'd assimilate your dick.
>>
Is it just me, or were there absolutely no CG Fafners in the PV?
>>
>>15087100
That was CG mixed with traditional animation.
They're just good
>>
File: C1ekzVbUsAA1gMA.jpg (10KB, 315x240px) Image search: [Google]
C1ekzVbUsAA1gMA.jpg
10KB, 315x240px
>>15085560
Japan thinks he looks like Sakura's dad now.
>>
Could some one post images of the characters from the trailer along with their names? Hirai faces makes it hard to tell who is who.
>>
>>15087109

That was my immediate impression.
>>
>>15087103
I think all of it was 2D minus the part where Walker had grabbed a Fafner.
>>
File: C1fW7cFUkAAwxeV.jpg (43KB, 728x583px) Image search: [Google]
C1fW7cFUkAAwxeV.jpg
43KB, 728x583px
FAST JAPAN
>>
>>15087109
>I'll become a man just like your father

POETRY
FUCKING POETRY
>>
Exodus could make a really good game, shame it will never happen
>>
>>15087232
>we will never have a Fafner game developed by FROM
>You will never play the multiplayer mode where you assimilate other players and take their weapons
>you will never customize your Fafner and earn your own blessing
why?
>>
>>15087220
>>
File: exodus_and_beyond.jpg (1MB, 1280x3960px) Image search: [Google]
exodus_and_beyond.jpg
1MB, 1280x3960px
>>15087113
I barely realized that Maya is sporting Canon's haircut.
>>
>>15087232
-Island and Ashoka teams separate missions
-crossing means you can switch to the Fafner you want to pilot on the fly
-Sein and Nicht are only for certain mission and VS Azazels as per anime
-High speed aerial battles and roller dashin ground battles
-Assimilation gauge for game overs
-Get to pilot NUN Fafners on the Ashoka route
-Get to pilot the Argos Squad against Aviator
-New missions written by the anime staff for the stuff they didn't show in the anime
-Custom missions for challenge

>it will never happen
>>
>>15087253
Makabe looks like he's dying and Kouyo's Jesus hair is strong

Kenji however...That man let himself go.
He looks like he must have kids by now.
>>
>>15087262
>Canon's last sortie DLC $19.99
>Nitch Idun colors DLC $4.99
ah yes, this is it.
>>
HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING FUCK YES

SOUJI-CHUUNI ON LOCK

THAT WILD LION HAIR ON REO

A-ALSO KENJI IS JUST BULKING
>>
>>15087262
Time for /m/ to make their own videogame
>>
>>15087194
I'm pretty sure both Walker and Susanoo are still 2D here.
>>
>>15087253
Kenji, Leo, Soushi, and Miwa are the only ones who aged.
Sometimes I wonder how Fafner would have turned out with a more versatile character designer.
>>
>>15087297
>no new weapons

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>15086647
Sumire Morohoshi is actually pretty talented. I'm quite certain she can more than satisfactorily age up Miwa's voice in a way that sounds natural without them having to use a different VA entirely.
>>
File: CuQOqCVUIAAJs5S.jpg (79KB, 800x856px) Image search: [Google]
CuQOqCVUIAAJs5S.jpg
79KB, 800x856px
1A. REASONS SOUSHI PROBABLY IS KIDNAPPED BY/RAN AWAY TO FESTUM (RATHER THAN THE NUN)
>Fifth Operation Azure
The first four Operations Azure were all anti-Festum operations. If Operation Azure is to rescue Soushi, it’s probably an anti-Festum operation.

>Don't choose them! That's not your place! Beyond that there's your real homeland!/Do you want to know the truth? Beyond that, there's your real place
Festum could plausibly offer Soushi 2.0 a “truth” and a “real place.” The NUN has nothing to offer Soushi.

>Festum have a clear interest in Soushi
Festum have gone after Soushi before, and Emery described him as an “Eternal presence” and a thorn in their side. By contrast, the NUN would be more interested in Maya (because Hester likes her) or Kazuki (muh Makabe factor).

>We’ve already done NUN kidnappings twice.
With Kazuki in DA and Maya in Exodus.

1B. REASONS SOUSHI PROBABLY IS KIDNAPPED/RAN AWAY TO THE NUN (RATHER THAN FESTUM)
>We’ve already done “Soushi kidnapped by Festum” once
Repetitive.

>Maya and Kazuki have been kidnapped by NUN
Why not go three for three.

>NUN wants Nicht
They made it. (Though they also made Sein.)

2A. REASONS SOUSHI MIGHT HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED (RATHER THAN RUNNING AWAY)
>Scene the PV where he looks like he’s being beaten up.
This looks like it could be a physical kidnapping. Unless he’s being beaten up by someone on the island, which would make him want to run away. But there’s no way the adults on the island would let anyone be an overt shit to the future pilot of Nicht, right?

>Pottery
It happened to Soushi 1.0.

2B. REASONS SOUSHI MIGHT RUN AWAY RATHER THAN BEING KIDNAPPED
>Identity crisis/awkward childhood/miscellaneous trauma
Soushi has lots of reasons to want to be anywhere but the island.

>Pottery
Kazuki ditched Soushi in DA.
>>
File: kenji_kondo2.png (124KB, 425x308px) Image search: [Google]
kenji_kondo2.png
124KB, 425x308px
>>15085560
W H Y
H
Y
>>
You know what I think the problem Soushi is having?

Everyone keeps telling him "Your home isn't here. It's beyond here."

Think of that being what everyone tells you your entire life, and that your a dumb kid again. That all anyone talks about is how great the old place was and that you're gonna love it, meanwhile you've grown up in your home town and love it.

The Nicht was reborn was Ashoka. So I think what's gonna happen is that Soushi and the Nicht are meant to stay with Ashoka.
>>
Are these all the RD Side FFN that were announced and shown but never released?
-Ein
-Elf(early colors)
-Zwolf
-Vier
>>
>>15085560
So thicc
>>
File: 15292250651778.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15292250651778.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
can a Puppeto survive in space?
>>
>>15087382
Pretty sure it's about Festum and not NUN. Terms like choosing or going/staying are in Fafner used almost exclusively in context of crossing the border between humanlike existence and Festum-like nothingness.

>>15087410
If it's any consolation, the OP picture has him wear the Alvis uniform with the cravat which obscures the neck and makes everyone appear thiccer.
>>
>>15087486
Mark Acht would be ashamed to see that his pilot let himself go.
>>
So this is a movie to setup the next TV series?

Since this is about rescuing Soushi Jr. they won't tackle Altair, Hester, NUN Army, Raison/Jonathan/Space Gordian Crystal, returning to Tatsuyajima and whatever plot points were left in Exodus finale
>>
>>15087498
Don't worry Kenji and Sakura's kid will get it
>>
Has it been confirmed as a movie? The quality looks on par with Exodus instead of HaE.
>>
>>15087297
Walker definitely is 2D. As for Susanoo I don't know, the closeup shot before that looks like CGI.

I wonder if they're crazy enough to actually go back to 2D models for the actual production.
>>
>>15087410
>>15087498
>Ashamed
>Implying

Kenji was literally just keeping a promise to his wife. A husbands job is to make his wife happy and Sakura's Daddy complex made it clear that the moment he put a rig on that finger, he better be ready to get THICC for her.
>>
>>15087540
The fact that Tow's staff credit is "script" instead of "series composition" has some people speculating that it is a movie. There's nothing confirmed yet.
>>
>>15087500
We have no idea yet.

All we know is that this is probably the first finished footage of whatever product it is so we can't tell if it's just early movie footage before being cleaned up or series footage.

Fuck, the Fafner people might not even know themselves
>>
>>15087541
Definitely still 2D. Since it's just the first PV, it might be possible that Orange just hasn't finished their work yet. I do think that's probably more likely then them completely going back to handdrawn.
>>
>>15087558
It feels weird seeing a full Fafner in 2D now, I actually like the CG better, but the 2D is great when used in between and for specific shots
>>
>>15087544
>>
Actually, I guess the shuttles and the boat were still CG.
>>
Seeing the Einherjar models in 2D is jarring. It worked for the more simplistic Fafner designs in DA and in RoL, but post Festum-modification Nicht and the other new Fafners with glowy bits and all work better in 3D. Sein works fine in 2D though.
>>
File: bd vs tv - ep 20.jpg (982KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
bd vs tv - ep 20.jpg
982KB, 2560x1440px
>>15087631
It's not like we haven't had Einherjars in 2D before.
>>
>>15087286
>tfw you'll get to watch a Fafner with hypeanon
>tfw you shepherded him from the very beginning
>tfw you arrived at the future
>>
Name one (1) Festum better than Walker!

Protip, you can, but it's not a Skykek
>>
>>15087056
We'll still have no idea what it's called REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Walker did nothing wrong.

He just wanted to be Tatsumiyajima's friend/bro.

There is no evidence to the contrary.

His only fault was lacking an effective way to communicate.
>>
>>15085850
I feel like the name is weird so they didn't have to deal with 'Eins Einherjar'
>>
>>15087931
I'm quite sure even he knows that tentacle grabbing someone is not how you make friends.
>>
>>15087963
>I'm quite sure even he knows that tentacle grabbing someone is not how you make friends.
See? Walker is /ourguy/ he's just a /d/viant that got lost.
>>
File: Seri lives.png (81KB, 933x691px) Image search: [Google]
Seri lives.png
81KB, 933x691px
Monkey's Paw of the highest calibre.
>>
File: up top.jpg (162KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
up top.jpg
162KB, 1920x1036px
>>15087963
Damn. Are you sure?
>>
>>15087973
I just hope he hasn't been molesting Orihime under the sea over the years.
>>
>>15088100
She sort of separated into particles at the end so that'd be some feat.
>>
>>15085560
How the hell can anyone stand Mirai-face?
>>
File: Mirai_Yashima.jpg (127KB, 488x415px) Image search: [Google]
Mirai_Yashima.jpg
127KB, 488x415px
>>15088108
>Mirai-face
?
>>
>>15088108
>How the hell can anyone stand Mirai-face?

Hirai you dickhead. Hirai not Mirai.
How the hell can anyone stand Yas' character design ? Seen one, seen them all. Look at Gundam 0079, Arion, Venus Wars and you'll see the exact same characters. It's really jarring.
>>
OVA, Movie or TV series?
>>
>>15088163
No word yet.
>>
>>15087253
So many people who....

look exactly the same
>>
>>15088106
Well, not that I approve of this molestation, but Walker did separate himself into molecules which is like a step removed.
>>
File: C1kQF_fUsAIb9s2.jpg (226KB, 1200x1165px) Image search: [Google]
C1kQF_fUsAIb9s2.jpg
226KB, 1200x1165px
>why Soushi ran away
>>
File: C1indSvUkAAciTH.jpg (196KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C1indSvUkAAciTH.jpg
196KB, 848x1200px
>>15088424
Can't run forever, Soushi.
>>
>>15087232
There's a PSP Fafner game, Jap only though. It's also really short and pretty mediocre.
>>
File: 52959619_p3_master1200.jpg (466KB, 876x888px) Image search: [Google]
52959619_p3_master1200.jpg
466KB, 876x888px
>>15088456
Plus SRW K (DA) and UX (DA+H&E).
>>
I’m four episodes in to a rewatch of DA and I’d forgotten what a subdued show it is in the early episodes. As a repeat viewer, my feelings are mostly “this is so comfy” … but when I think about it from the perspective of a first-time viewer, DA is sedate to the point of lacking any urgency or tension. I think that’s the product of a couple things:

- The characters’ quiet reactions to everything.
- People rarely run or otherwise move with a sense of urgency. (And when they do run, the animation somehow doesn’t convey urgency.)
- There’s no explosions or fire (because Worm Spheres just assimilate).
- There’s only one mech.
- The music is beautiful, but it communicates swelling pride, not danger.
- The fighting doesn’t take place in the residential areas of Tatsumiya, and the CDC is pretty far removed from the fighting, so the only my-life-is-on-the-line reactions you get are from the pilots -- and for the first few episodes the only pilot is Kazuki, who is super subdued. Compare that to other shows with bridge bunnies afraid of getting shot in the face, or tense and screaming captains.

None of these are bad, but when combined they leave early Fafner without a sense of urgency or danger. Compare this to the first episode of SEED Destiny (which, inb4 SEED Destiny, but it’s Fafner’s close contemporary), which starts out with screaming, running civilians and explosions, has a second act where people are just talking but the talking is still tense because Cagalli is so intense about demilitarization, and has a third act with more screaming, running military personnel, and explosions. And the music isn’t /better/, but it certainly lends itself to a greater sense of urgency and danger.

None of this is to say that screaming and explosions make a show good (or that SEED Destiny is a better show than Fafner -- believe me, I'm a full-fledged Fafnerfag), but the first episodes of Fafner have a really weird feeling for mecha anime.
>>
>>15088593
To be fair the kids doesn't even know what was going on and all the adults are survivors of nuke carpet bombing, it would be hard to cause them to go panic mode in addition to them expecting the attacks due to Right of Left a few months prior.
>>
>>15088620
It makes lots of sense in context, but it also contributes to the flat feeling of the early episodes.

I'd also forgotten how early they set up the NUN and Salvator plots. The NUN plane shows up in episode 3, and they drop Bartland and the Salvators by inference in 5.

>Youko: [ after the NUN demands Sechs ] Why on earth does the Neo U.N. want us... It can't be!
>Fumihiko: I think it's highly possible.
>Youko: Have you talked to Dr. Toomi?
>Fumihiko: I haven't talked to her yet. But... there's a pesky person who I think might be behind this.
>>
>>15088593
I think that's part of the reason why on rewatches I've loved it so much.

The adults aren't panicking and going "THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD" because they've been prepping for this for years. The way Kenji's mom just casually starts doing her Alvis work at her home because it's no big deal.

That keeps the kids from panicking because if the adults aren't they're able to stay composed.

In the context of the show it makes perfect sense.

>>15088638
And though the Zero didn't exist when DA was being written, that entire conversation can now have the context of "Mitsuhiro is trying to build another Zero!"
>>
>>15088108
>unironically parroting the hirai face meme when 90% of character designers do the same
>>
>>15088593
She wants the D.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1536x2048px
i just realized this but, remember this scene? Akira ends up piloting ALONE when Rina's passed out!
>>
I liked Jonathan and Walter...
>>
>>15089061
He manually removes her from piloting after passing out.

He could have left her in and it would have lessened the strain of the assimilation symptoms on him most likely because your mental state seems to be able to push back the symptoms to an extent, but since Rina was unconscious she'd have probably died in like a minute.
>>
>>15088876
To be fair, Mitsuru Adachi is one of the worst cases, even the guy himself can't tell his MCs apart.
>>
>>15088638
In episode 6, the first Festum to land on the island immediately goes for Tsubaki. In H&E, Misao explains that if he assimilates Tatsumiya's Core, Floater's Mir can assimilate Tatsumiya's Mir. In Exodus, Orihime explains that Mir don't really like other Mir being around.
>>
>>15089572
Well it does make sense.

Tatsumiya's Mir is spread throughout the island. If you aren't Altair who can literally assimilate an entire island in under a minute, it's pretty hard to assimilate. The one existence that can actually contact all the Mir's pieces IS Tsubaki/Orihime.

It also makes a lot more sense WHY Orihime stayed hidden inside the CDC, because Walker could have just slipt a Sphinx type in if he detected her out and about and then game over.
>>
>>15089070
I still find it weird that Zero Fafner is/was in current service up till now. It's established that it is the crudest "core type" Fafner available, even more so than the Titan TSX models, and that it's only advantage is the area-wide coverage direct assault capabilities it has with its weapon loadouts. But it's mechanical parts and systems have to be less advanced and weaker than the Nothung or Einherjar right? Heck, it's cockpit block and display isn't even fully immersive like the other ones.
>>
>>15089647
The thing is the Zero is overclocked as fuck. It was the attempt by the greatest Fafner designers the island ever produced to create a weapon to end the war.

In the era of fighting Festum before they started picking up on weaponizing weather or copying humans, it's had omni directional lasers and two massive canons that could pretty much stomp pre-Azazel Festum and fuck a Mir over if it got an attack in.

It was the Fafner that Bartland and Hino had to build DOWN from for the Salvator models because it was just too good. Which means it was stronger than the vanilla Salvator that Bartland wanted to win the war with.

The Zero was basically a "how much high power can we drag out of a Core" before they realized that the more they pulled out of the Core, the faster the assimilation rate was.

Contextualize it, in that upon start up, the Zero immediately ate both it's pilots because they didn't have the stamina to match the Cores output, even with their Festum Factors.

They fucking couldn't even PILOT the thing until after they developed assimilation suppression drugs with Mjlonir and even then only brought it out as a last resort because the Neun and Zehn had been scrapped

The Zero was a monster that has only succumb to just being "good" in the new era of Festum power creep.
>>
>>15089631
>Tatsumiya's Mir is spread throughout the island
Not at the beginning of DA.
>>
>>15088851
>Mitsuhiro is trying to build another Zero!
I was under the impression the Nishio clan was most responsible for the Zero.
>>
>>15089777

Grandma Nishio was the head of the project.

Reminder, this was back when Hino and Bartland were still on the island. Bartland leaves because everyone starts getting cold feet after the Zero accident and that's why he goes to join Hester. They were all going to play it too safe and Hino follows because they aren't being proactive enough.

>>15089773
Yes, it was. What the fuck are you talking about? The Mir was already air at that point
>>
>>15089780
>The Mir was already air at that point
Then I must have my timetable mixed up. Didn't Fumihiko say the Mir has become air during H&E?

I was under the impression the SISM fragment, being the power source for the island, was just helping coax the ecosystem into a direction that would keep the nuke survivors alive, and it only fully metamorphosi'd until it realized it needed more resiliency.
>>
>>15089795
No. At the end of the series Fumihiko tells Rina and Seri it became Air during the time between Soushi's moms death and the series. It being air is how it was able to observe all the data it transferred to CDC and how it manipulated machinery. It only became a lot more obvious with Tsbuaki because she started giving it orders on what to do for everyone. Before she became fully awake and active she only gave it basic stuff to do
>>
>>15089813
Gotcha.
>>
Fuck it. After work tonight I'll do another series summary. I'll appreciate any corrections any of you guys make.

Also anyone got the old pastepin with the information from the timeline that wasn't translated on the English site?
>>
>>15089823
If you can include episode/source citations (a little much I know), that'd be breddy good.

I'll look through the archive and see.
>>
>>15089670
I understand the logic, but I'm mostly confused about what exactly the core powers, in this case. A Fafner core has almost always been used for anti-Festum defenses, specifically to combat mind-reading and worm spheres, and partially in thought-pilot system. All Fafner weaponry is fairly conventional or don't specifically require a Fafner to handle it, since most are handheld. Does this mean that the beams/lasers for the Zero directly draw power from the core, instead of a separate reactor/engine?
>>
File: are you there.jpg (707KB, 1424x1068px) Image search: [Google]
are you there.jpg
707KB, 1424x1068px
>>15089823
The wiki also has it.

http://alvis.towerofmist.net/index.php?title=Timeline
http://pastebin.com/kbe6dRKP
>>
>>15089884
>Does this mean that the beams/lasers for the Zero directly draw power from the core, instead of a separate reactor/engine?

Exactly. That's why the Zero is overclocked because it's basically packed full of weapons with high energy requirements, and has a engine (the Core) that allows an actual combat sized unit instead of a battle ship.

Remember that Medusa's usually had to be dropped after a use because they were too unwieldy and the regular Fafners couldn't power them consistently without dying.

That was the power of Zero. Lasting power at a reasonable size (they still had to make it massive but without the Core functioning as the power source it'd need to be battleship sized) with massive output

Production AND Output
>>
>>15087683

Some more BD fixes, in episode 24 this time. Got to have the Alvis logo.
>>
>>15090359
And this really odd one where they turned Vagrant's crystal pillar CG, even though it looked pretty good to begin with.
>>
>>15085847
But Skyfag has a different Mir compared to the rest of the cast or was I misremembering
>>
>>15089670
>Which means it was stronger than the vanilla Salvator that Bartland wanted to win the war with.
I think the plan for the Salvators was less about raw fighting power and more about packing in enough Mir (3 times the amount of the Nothung Models) so that they could tank assimilation attempts and worm spheres, fly straight to Polaris, and blow themselves up to kill it (they also have 3 times the Fenrir payload).

I want to see the Zero Fafner used with other pilot combinations since it can combine SDPs. Imagine the barrier power Mimika and Rina could get out of it. Or have Reo and Rina teleport straight into space.
>>
>>15090445
He does, but he's a core-type, and at least one other core-type has had future powers and powers don't seem to be completely restricted by Mir.
>>
>>15089884
>>15089908
Unless I'm reading this wrong and you're saying the same thing, according to Japanese sources the Zero Fafner does in fact have a separate, devoted reactor for power. That's why it had to be 100 meters tall in the first place.

My impression was that the Zero has a basically unshielded core, which yeah gives it a huge power output, but as we know insta-killed the first pilots that turned it on. It was THE very first Fafner, so granny Nishio was in pretty unprecedented territory, this was all new technology. Bartland and Youji and whoever else were able to balance it out for later models, but clearly that took a couple iterations too.
>>
all Fafners run on nuclear reactors

The core doesn't power the machines unless it's a Salvator model which can turn the air around it into infinite energy using the core

Cores are for anti-Festum defense and SDP
>>
>>15090367
Waiting for Funimation to release Exodus BDs is killing me.
>>
>>15090684
>and amplifying SDP
SDP comes from the pilots.
And before the Einherjars, they weren't for that, it's just a convenient side-effect
>>
>>15090691
>SDP comes from the pilots
I don't think it's quite that black and white. Remember they only work with specific pilot-Fafner pairs, aside from the Zero. The kids only have a little Festum in them, it's probably more of a resonance thing.

But yeah, hard to say the cores are "for that", SDP are such a recent thing. Cores still helped prevent Festum mind reading and assimilation long before that.
>>
>>15090710
>they only work with specific pilot-Fafner pairs
Pretty sure they worked, but didn't hit the 'resonance' needed.

I wanna kinda take a stab and say that an entity needs some sense of self/will in order to manifest an SDP, or perhaps, in the case of most Festum, have their will directed/enslaved under Mir.
>>
File: nothung cores.jpg (323KB, 1280x1118px) Image search: [Google]
nothung cores.jpg
323KB, 1280x1118px
>>15090684
The Nothungs also got the infinite energy upgrade after Emery made contact with the island's Mir. The reactors probably served no purpose other than a Fenrir after this point.
>>
>>15090719
>Pretty sure they worked, but didn't hit the 'resonance' needed.
Well, same difference, really. I think the specific example they used was Mimika in Neun or something, she was able to create a weak barrier but it faded right away.

So there needs to be some level of synchronization between the two, maybe the "ability" comes from the pilot, but the "power" from the Fafner, if that makes sense. Just on their own with side effects, Reo and Mimika had their powers on a much smaller scale.
>>
File: Isaac-Asimov-300x300.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Isaac-Asimov-300x300.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>15090721
>yfw it's The Pump
>>15090734
>if that makes sense
Yep. I like the idea that the machines have a limited sentience. Sorta like they only wanna be friends with their bonded pilot.
Thinking about Canon and Drei, which she was able to use just dandily, it makes me think Drei WANTED to be used by a hardcore melee pilot.

I wonder how Nicht (Vier) must've felt.
>>
>>15090721
good catch, didn't remember that part
>>
>>15090756
That does get a little weird when you think about ones that have been replaced like Vier. Zehn too, completely Fenrir'd in HaE, then Akira had an identical one in Exodus.

So to some extent they are expendable, but under the right conditions can boost a pilot's built-in ability.
>>
It might be a first come, first serve sort of thing with the Cores. That they develop their inclination towards SDP based on what their pilot needs to do, and then they're locked to it.

When I look at the Sphinx, I realize they're the most versatile of the fodder Festum types in terms of combat ability, while all the others are far more specialized, which probably means Festum Core attune to a certain job that needs to be done as well.

Shit's going to get fucked though when the fodder Festum with abilities similar to Sui start appearing.
>>
>>15090756
>how Nicht (Vier) must've felt
Probably somewhere along the lines of
>Scary spooky phantoms
>Genocide when?
>Insult more to unlock powerup
I mean the thing is still a big ball of hate. Its kinda surprising to see the thing in their hangar instead of a hidden cave when it causes spooky stuff to happen and everyone except Soushi wears hazmat suit around it.
>>
>>15090815
>similar to Sui
Eurus? Or would you consider their fabrication ability more like Kenji's?

Bollearios basically seems to have eliminated Sphnxes
>>
>>15090823

Nah, Keni's is more like Eurus and Walker made the new upgraded Sphinx's as the new best fodder type.

I'm talking about Sui's "Pull you towards him" power
>>
>>15090821
Well, thanks to Soushi 1's interaction with it, Nicht seems to have mellowed out with the whole "I hate everyone and everything" personality it got from Idun. The fact that it doesn't seem to be spooking up the hangar is a good sign.

Come to think of it, that core has been exposed to some seriously messed up emotions. First as the Vier core, with a jealous/envious human Kouyou linked to it. Then its torn out and put into the Nicht, a machine purposefully tuned to kill as many Festum as possible with disregard to its pilot (as opposed to the more "pacifistic" Sein configured by Dr. Hino). It then linked to Yukie who was driven by her hatred of the Festum (and devotion to Bartland?), and then resonated/assimilated with Idun who was obsessed with hatred after learning what it felt like from Yukie. Then it got eaten by Sein's core and mulled around in there for a while before getting it and the Nicht pulled into the real world again by Misao's Mir (which did wonders to Nicht's image, it got some serious gains) then it got linked/assimilated with Misao who was not in the best mental state either. Finally, by the time Soushi got to it that core had to have been very confused, and very angry regarding its own existence through all the feelings it went through. Thankfully Soushi calmed it down with his nihilistic chunni speeches.
>>
File: E26.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
E26.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15090887
It wasn't exactly in the best shape at the end of Exodus, either, and was seemingly afraid of dying like Soushi was.

Seems fully intact by Beyond, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's basically asleep until Soushi2 screws everything up.
>>
>>15088593
I quite enjoy the manga's take on covering the opening episodes, by pretty much applying the best parts of the LN onto the anime setting, while adding in all of the drama CD scenes.
>>
File: 1473696282232.jpg (952KB, 1200x893px) Image search: [Google]
1473696282232.jpg
952KB, 1200x893px
Post cute Nichts.
>>
Fafner : Summarized

Part 1 : Mostly shit you probably won't learn from watching the show.

The Big Bang happens. Fast forward a fucking long time and a species of semi 4th dimensional space rocks start floating around called Mir. They aren’t that smart, have crazy powers, develop a very non-human perception of reality, and can’t stop themselves from trying to eat each other. One of these space rocks decides to settle down on the third planet of the Sol System. A planet filled with water and dumb monkeys. Intentionally or unintentionally this space rock ends up fucking around with a dumb monkeys chromosomes before taking a nap and that’s how humans were made.

Fast forward to 1977 AD. Nasa decides to send out Voyager 1 and 2 with a Golden Record containing all sorts of information about humanity as basically a “Hello Aliens, we’re here. Come visit us!” message. This will eventually catch the attention of another ancient space rock who will begin to make a beeline for Earth. Mission Accomplished.

Now we move to 2085, as the first dumb space rock is unearthed, dormant at the bottom of the Seto Island Sea. This rock shall eventually be split into three pieces to be studied and observed as humans start to wonder if their ancestors might have had rockophillia.

Things only turn to shit as of 2114. Our good rock who took up the invitation to earth from Voyager proceeds to destroy every piece of human technology located in orbit before crash landing in the Arctic circle. This rock will be referred to both as the Arctic Mir or Polaris. With him, the Arctic Mir has brought its subordinates, that would become known as Festum.
>>
>>15090947
Festum are smaller space rocks produced by a Mir, who proceed to create a body out of earth and silicon materials to serve their Mir. They do what the Mir wants. They think what the Mir wants. They’re basically the Mir’s limbs and what does the Mir want. The complete assimilation and cessation of cognizant life. These space rocks are dumb after all, and they aren’t able to grasp such delicate concepts such as “individuality” or “death.” They take the view of I am You. You are Me. I will make you Me again or I will remove everything that isn’t Me but acts like it should be a part of Me. This is why Mir’s don’t get along. Since they all think they’re the actual center of the Universe and everyone else is wrong for not being a part of them.

So Polaris begins sending out it’s Festum to make everything itself. Festum having Mind Reading Powers, the ability to devour material and life either through physical contact, mental contact, or specialized spheres that just convert matter fairly easily curb stomp anything they encounter except for a nuke. World order begins to collapse and humanity would have gone extinct if not for the fact that Festum really are stupid.

Festum and Mir do not have a concept of time. Thus, they simply attack at random rather than coordinated strikes, allowing humanity time to try and figure out what the fuck to do. The one non-random thing Festum and Mir will do is target another Mir and this is where our ancient space rock, now split into three pieces comes in. Since it felt Polaris it started to wake up and look around, and since it observed humans. Humans who kept splitting apart into more humans. Our ancient space rock figures this isn’t right, and decides to fix it, by emitting a toxin that proceeds to sterilize all life in japan. It’s helped everyone!

Except the rest of the world proceeds to nuke Japan off the map because they aren't having any of that.

Part 1 End.

More later.
>>
>>15090947
>>15090950
So far so good.

Makes me think, I wonder if all Mir actually started out from one giant mass. They must have some kind of common origin, and each big enough fragment becomes a separate Mir anyway. The thought of a fucking planet-sized original Mir would be terrifying.
>>
>>15090976
Mirs and Festum are just the lucky few that managed to cross from their "dimension of nothingness" to our "dimension of existence". What actually goes on in their dimension is probably too crazy to ever be shown.
>>
I decided to rewatch DA, and holy shit the amount of /subtle/ is crazy.
Just 4 episodes in and I'm starting to see why characters developed in certain ways.

Rewatching really makes you pay attention.
>>
>>15090947
What happened to that timeline from the website that TE spoiler guy translated, anyway?
>>
Part 2 : More shit not in the series. Hope you like browsing websites and databooks for sources

So the majority of Japan is a smoking dust heap, the survivors will be shot on sight if they try to go to another country for fear of spreading their sterility, and they have in their possession a magic space rock split into 3 chunks that can do who knows what.

They decide to build 3 battleship/arc islands for the remaining population to preserve Japanese culture and not end up extinct, especially since they got the artificial uterus’ actually working so they can actually have kids. The choice to move habitation to the ocean is also influenced by the Festum’s inability to survive submersion in water. This new society basically falls under the blanket name of “The Arcadian Project” because even though they’re trying to preserve Japanese culture, they name 90% of their shit after Western mythology.

During this time, key characters meet and befriend each other, most notably Akane Makebe and Fumhiko Asagi, who will be the parents of Jesus 1.0. Michio Hino and Yumiko Toumi are born during this time period also, who will be the parents of Jesus 2.0, with Blast Processing Capabilities. The 3 different battleships, christed, Tatsumiyajima, Horai, and Wadatsumi are finished and depart, while maintaining minimal contact to prevent information leaks to the Festum or the other parties, while each island also takes 1/3rd of the Seto Island Mir. Though other nations still learn of The Arcadian Project and proceed to attempt their own similar systems.
>>
>>15091125
The development of the titular Fafner mecha, is headed by Ikumi Nishio to serve as a means to fight Festum. Do to the nature of the Festum’s worm sphere attack, a Festum Core that is produced by one of the Seto island Mir fragments is placed within the machine to act as a shield against them. The Type Zero model is finished and the start up test begins, only to end in horrible failure as the Type Zero proceeds to assimilate and kill both its pilots Nishio Takumi (Ikumi’s daughter) and her husband, an unknown risk at the time of start up. Ikumi Nishio distraught at the loss and left to raise her two newborn grandchildren (Rina and Akira Nishio) retires from her position, Mitsuhiro Bartland succeeds her but ultimately the Zero is shelved as no adequate means of preventing the aggressive assimilation assaults is discovered.

Under successive attacks by Festum a mirror camouflage system is developed to hide the ships and greatly reduce Festum’s ability to find them. Saya Minoshiro is assimilated by the Tatsumiyajima Mir Fragment, her daughter Tsubaki Minoshiro survives her through the intervention of Chizuru Toumi who places her inside a system known as a Cougla that functions as an artificial life support system, while also granting her a direct connection to the Mir fragment of that island, which upon absorbing Saya changes into a liquid form. Akane Makabe is also assimilated during a Festum attack saving Asagi Fumihiko, leaving Asagi to inherit her name (Makabe Fumihiko) and to raise their son.
>>
>>15091130
With the Mirror Camouflage in place, the people of Tatsumiyajima proceed to hide all information of the actual state of the world from any child young enough, while also implementing hypnotic training to prepare them for the moment when they would learn the truth. A peaceful life develops and a new model of Fafner, the Nothung Model is successfully started. Unfortunately a group of children on the island repair a damage radio and come in contact with a stray Festum Search Signal. The children respond to it and the Festum come to understand that Tatsumiyajima still exists and is simply hiding, thereby restarting their efforts to locate it. Mitsuhiro Bartland soons leaves the island, discontent that despite the Festum discovery, the majority of the other islanders refuse to actively participate in the war against Festum. Youji and Michiru Hino soon leave as well and join up with the Bartland and the Neo United Nation.. Michiru participates in a battle in Dublin where he saves a nine year old Canon Memphis from Festum and recruits her as she has piloting capabilities

During this period as well, Soushi Minashiro enters a state of depression and attempts to “assimilate” his friend Kazuki Makabe, as all people infected by the sterilization of Japan and their children had a Festum Factor either injected or implemented their conception to help protect against further Festum contamination. This would be one of the first documented instances of a human demonstrating Festum like abilities. Kazuki Makabe, however horrified by Soushi’s attack, proceeds to attack and claw at Souhsi’s eye until Soushi loses concentration and Kazuki flees. The trauma of this incident causes Kazuki to repress the memories of the incident. A whole lot of moody hormonal very homoerotic tension will come of this. One of them will even dress like a gay stripper for casual clothing.

The year is 2145 and Tatsumiyajima has finally been cornered by Festum after nearly 12 years.
>>
>>15091134
>hypnotic training
Was that ever actually used in the original series? I know it was brought up a lot in side materials and RoL, but shit seemed absent from DA.
>>
>>15091130
>>15091134
Have some trouble with autocorrect or something? Got Michio's name right at first but then called him Michiru. Plus "Minoshiro".

And this is a little pedantic, but it's the Zero Fafner, not Type Zero. Also an Aegir Model (Yes, with an 'r') if you need synonyms. Type is only used for Festum so I don't know how that name caught on.
>>
>>15091156
It was. In the first episode by Kazuki.

The hypnotic training was basically "You know how to pilot a Fafner"

Their subconscious knows how to pilot. The training they do in the pods is so that they can consciously pilot.
>>
>>15091134
>Soushi Minashiro enters a state of depression and attempts to “assimilate” his friend Kazuki Makabe, as all people infected by the sterilization of Japan and their children had a Festum Factor either injected or implemented their conception to help protect against further Festum contamination

While these are both correct statements, I'm not so sure they belong together. The incident with Kazuki and Soushi also involved the radio, Festum assimilate through open communication, and Soushi was an easy target since he had no sense of self as a kid. He was okay with disappearing but also wanted to take his best friend with him, so things went the way they did.
>>
File: sokyu-no-fafner-3696.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sokyu-no-fafner-3696.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>15091134
>A whole lot of moody hormonal very homoerotic tension will come of this. One of them will even dress like a gay stripper for casual clothing.
Heh
>>
>>15091170
They belong together because Soushi wouldn't have been able to TRY and assimilate Kazuki if not for the Festum factor.

It was a direct attempt by Soushi, not the Festum they talk to on the airwaves
>>
File: CXi-AJFUsAAfepz.jpg (48KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
CXi-AJFUsAAfepz.jpg
48KB, 600x460px
>>15090922
I have an infinite supply of cute Nichts.

>>15091089
http://alvis.towerofmist.net/index.php?title=Timeline

>>15091125
>Akane Makebe
Makabe

>>15091130
>Minoshiro
Minashiro

Also isn't it Coagula, not Cougla?

>>15091134
>Michiru
Michio.

>>15091156
>>15091162
It's inferential. Kazuki gets in the robot and goes "I know this..."
>>
Fumihiko: This isn't a good time to be intercepting the enemy. If the Core comes in contact with the enemy while it's forming its own individuality, there's a high possibility that the enemy will seize the entire island.

Kenji's mom: So, are we going to limit the function of the defense system?

Kouzou: Today talked with Ikoma. To be precise, all weapons in relation to the Fafners are to be locked securely.

Fumihiko: To keep the damage we receive to a minimum when the enemy does seize the Fafners, we have no choice to but seal it ourselves.

-

Silicon-based life forms called Festum are our enemy. They have a collective consciousness and are suited for various environments, though none have been found in the ocean as of yet. The theory is that they assimilate the crystals found in the sea and form into a disorderly mass.

-

The reason you couldn't go in the ocean was because you weren't able to renew yourselves and end up crystallizing. But renewing yourselves means that your body's being born again, right? And you guys have gained that ability as well. That also means... that you also have lives, right?
>>
>>15092034
>When the enemy does seize the Fafner

They literally locked all their weapons away because they believed that the RoL Team wouldn't be able to keep the Festum from stealing one of the Fafners so that if a Fafner/Festum hybrid showed up, it couldn't just run to the armory and get cranked.

Sure it seems stupid, but then you remember Nicht's first sortie against the Island where it KO'd Maya by simply stealing Canon's Lance and in all future incarnations could make one for itself.
>>
>>15092049
Locking them makes sense from this point in the timeline, but in hindsight it was a bad move because it got Kouzou killed in the first episode of DA (by having to go biometrically unlock the railgun and getting Worm Sphere'd in the process).
>>
>>15092034
>>15092049
It also tied in the weapons being locked in DA a bit better, gives Kouzou's death that little bit more weight.

That Festum renewal bit shocked me when rewatching RoL a few months after Exodus, they really had some of this stuff sorted out early on.
>>
>>15092077
That's what I was getting at.

It seemed like the logical course of action but then the Island had it's first Festum attack in over a decade and they realized just how fucking counter productive it was.

The sealing of the weapons and concealment of weapons could be a testament of Kouzou's philosophy when fighting the Festum, which ultimately kills him, while in the future it's Fumihiko's philosophy of open disclosure and communication that saves the island several times over.

From a logical perspective Kouzou's point does make sense both in the context of the series and the timeline, which is also why it takes Fumihiko so long in the series to stop fighting himself and just do what he thinks is right.
>>
Now that Kazuki is immortal, how can the heroes lose?
>>
>>15092248
I mean, he could get baby'd too if he overexerts himself.

And it depends on the threat, if Soushi2 really is rebelling then they're not just gonna terminate him and move on.
>>
>>15091794
>Also isn't it Coagula, not Cougla?
yes
>>
>>15092262
>he could get baby'd
Maybe.
His blessing is distinct from Soushi's though, and from two separate Mir
>>
>>15091318
I wonder if Soushi Zwei will have some sort of weird fashion phase. I like the ponytail and white hoodie look, but I just wonder.
>>
Part 3 : The shit that happened in an OVA only officially available in the West on a fucking Streaming Site

So the Festum are closing in on Tatsumiyajima and everyone is getting antsy as shit because it’s been a decade. Luckily, Masayuki Ikoma, who certainly has no resemblance with one Stephen Hawking, concocts the L Plan. A Plan that involves detaching a part of the Tatsumiyajima’s lower battleship portion known as the L Boat to act as a decoy, draw Festum attention and then convince the Festum that Tatsumiyajima had been destroyed so they fuck off. A plan that might actually work considering Festum are stupid enough to buy it. Masayuki would head the L Plan himself, while Kouzou Minashiro would remain in charge of the main island.

In secret the adults and children who upon reaching a certain age were made aware of the Island’s true nature thanks to a hypnotic trigger from their training begin preparing for the plan. Meanwhile Ryou Masaoka, a pilot for the L Plan and sufferer of Vaguely Lethal Anime Disease, tries to enjoy the last few days with his crush Yumi Ikoma. Unfortunately, on a day Yumi accompanies Ryou to the beach Masayuki Ikoma suffers a massive attack from his illness and perishes. The event damages Ryou and Yumi’s relationship and soon trigger Yumi’s own awakening to the truth of the island. Despite Ryou’s protests, Yumi joins the L Plan as a pilot.
>>
>>15092930
The L Plan proceeds and secretly all the participants leave the main island, 40 people in total, with 8 pilots operating in shifts to pilot the 4 Titan Model Fafners, the intermediary stage between the previous Aegir Model (Zero) and the still in development Nothung Models. The Titan Model while as vicious in its assimilation attacks as the Zero, still strain their pilots enough to demand only 15 minutes of active piloting before switching.

The battle with Festum begin and while spirits are initially positive, depression and looming death quickly set in upon the cast as staff members and pilots perish. Sanae Kaburagi, a pilot whose parents were initially meant to join her in the L Plan before being dropped from it, is one of the first to succumb to the strain of piloting and dies.

Meanwhile development of the Nothung Models continues in earnest with the Mark Eins and Mark Zwei, the two test pilots Kouzou Minashiro’s son Soushi Minashiro and his adopted daughter Karin Kuramae. Soushi is found to be unable to properly sync with a Fafner do to the incident with Kazuki in his youth and is instead changed roles to become the head of the Siegfried System, a type of communication system to be used to grant Pilots and CDC communication that can’t be intercepted by Festum mind reading or radio wave tracing powers. Kouzou Minashiro also decides to lock all Fafner related weaponry, in the worst case scenario of the L Plan’s failure and Festum stealing and assimilating one of the Titan Models to prevent empowering the enemy even more.

The survivors of the L Plan reach the target date and Masayuki’s escape plan for the L Plan survivors is finally revealed by the automated systems of the ship’s computer. The pilots and staff faith and hope are restored and they proceed to make their escape after setting the L Boat to detonate. Ryou and Yumi pilot the two remaining Titan Models while the rest of the crew escape on the now unlocked Submarine.
>>
>>15092934
Festum are stupid, however once they understand something they adapt very quickly. The crux of the L Boat Crew’s escape relied on the Festum’s inability to survive in water. Sadly for the crew, the Festum have finally mastered maintaining themselves in Water and the the escape Submarine is quickly sunk by a swarm of Festum, all it’s passengers die. Ryou and Yumi initially make a break for Tatsumiyajima’s coordinates but then choose instead to lead the Festum away to prevent the total failure of the plan. Upon the two Fafners beginning to exit the range of Tatsumiyajima’s observation, Soushi Minashiro argues fervently that Karin Kuramae should be sent out in the Zwei to retrieve them, the data and combat experience of veteran pilots being an invaluable asset to the island. Kouzou concedes and Kuramae is sent out.

Falling into an ocean crater, Ryou calculates the ocean current of the region that will ensure that the wreckage containing their audio records and data will at least reach the main island. Yumi succumbs to assimilation sickness and dies, leaving Ryou alone after a few words of farewell and indication that their relationship had truly been restored. As a single Festum approaches. Ryou makes a very acute observation of Festum, realizing that Festum have the ability to continually renew themselves so long as their core is undamaged, at that up until that point that had not been able to understand how to renew themselves in sea water. Since they have been able to renew themselves now, they must understand life on some level. He then detonates his Fafner.

His wreckage eventually arrives at Tatsumiyajima and the data is shared throughout the island. Peace has been maintained for the island, for now at a severe cost.

Part 3 End.
>>
Okay /arcadianproject/.

I think we should start recommending that people watch in chronological order rather than production order.
>>
>>15093056
It spoils stuff, though. After a first watch watching Fafner in chronological order is the best, but the first one should be in production order.
>>
>>15093056
>I think we should start recommending that people watch in chronological order rather than production order.

Only idiots recommend production order.
The best way is to follow the events of Fafner in chronological order.
>>
>>15093056
>>15093109
The only difference between production order and chronological order is Right of Left. Watching RoL first would lessen the impact of the first couple of deaths in Dead Aggressor and would feel pretty awkward without the knowledge you get from the TV series.
>>
>>15093056
>I think we should start
People have been doing this for a while.
Even the "guide" suggests it to an extent.
>>
Ulimately, the only way for someone to get into Fafner is to just like it however they were exposed to it.

Fuck, the only reason I got into Fafner was because I beat SRWK and got kind of curious about these robots with giant glowing green crystals and FUCK UX FOR NOT LETTING GIVING ME A BORING COMBO ATTACK BETWEEN MAYA AND KAZUKI WHILE GIVING ME THE FUCKING POWERED UP SNIPING FOR ONE GOD DAMN EVENT
>>
>>15093056
this is a very good point>>15093184
>Watching RoL first would lessen the impact of the first couple of deaths in Dead Aggressor and would feel pretty awkward without the knowledge you get from the TV series.

Starting with RoL will leave you lost since it heavily assumes that you've watched Fafner DA and so you should already know a lot of the background stuff.

Plus if you go off of watching a bunch of kids die then move into Fafner DA which starts out more calm and comfy you'd be having the same jarring experience you would have when going from Zeta gundam to ZZ gunadm.
This would lessen the impact of Shoko's death since it served as a wake up call and lets the viewer know how the story will go on from here.

RoL in the long run works better if initially viewed the same way it was released.
However on re-watches you can choose to watch it chronologically.
>>
>>15093468
>This would lessen the impact of Shoko's death since it served as a wake up call and lets the viewer know how the story will go on from here.
This.
My personal rec for friends is watch up to 6, then RoL.
>>
>>15093184
I just think production order works better, because going from RoL to DA has such a huge drop in quality.
>>
File: tumblr_nu2pn2KWbB1qgd3qxo1_500.png (158KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu2pn2KWbB1qgd3qxo1_500.png
158KB, 500x354px
>>15092943
>His wreckage eventually arrives at Tatsumiyajima and the data is shared throughout the island.

>soushi leaving gloomy voice mail in nicht during exodus was inspired by ryou
>>
>>15093468
>RoL in the long run works better if initially viewed the same way it was released.
>However on re-watches you can choose to watch it chronologically.
Agreed. Production order on a first watch, no question, but chronological order makes for a great rewatch experience.
>>
>>15092262
>yfw Soushi assimilates Kazuki
>>
File: max chuuni.gif (340KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
max chuuni.gif
340KB, 400x220px
>>15093872
Hasn't Kazuki internalized some of Sein's reverse-assimilation powers by now? He'd just uncrystallize himself.
>>
>>15093901
>Soushi
>hole in da chest
Wrong character ree.
>>
>>15092511
Their "blessings" have never been much more than words anyway. They're both still Festum, and that's what Festum do. Kurusu has already had it happen once, plus Tsubaki to Orihime.
>>
>>15093982
Fair enough.

The way I see it though, is that a) Kurusu II isn't a reborn version of the Sphinx (not even how I see it, that's how it is), he's just the Mir memorializing Kurusu I for helping them towards a different path and b) Orihime isn't a reborn version of Tsubaki, she's her kid.

Kazuki's "blessng" was to get out of the cycle of life and death.

I think Soushi's is supposed to be similar, but instead of getting out of it in the immortality (I suspect) sense like Kazuki, he's got it via birth and (re)birth. fwiw, I don't think old Soushi will be coming back in any capacity because he already is back.
In each of their cases, they're both distinct and sourced from two Mir. And Orihime made it sound like they would be "unique" things.

Of course this is all speculah, so who knows, but it's fun to think about.
>>
>>15094009
Dude, all fucking Festum exist outside the cycle of death. As long as their core aren't damaged they'll always regenerate.

You're taking a fucking line way too out of context.
>>
>>15094009
My take has always been that Orihime IS Tsubaki to some extent, she clearly seems to have her memories, on top of looking 100% identical. But she's more human than Festum, so does everything she possibly can to set herself apart. And it works, she very quickly establishes herself as a different character. It's not foolproof even then, in Exodus' last episode she drops into Tsubaki's voice and starts saying "Seri-chan" when she thinks Seri is dying. It's a bunch of complicated semantics, but I do still agree she's a totally separate character.

And Kurusu talked about being reborn with his Mir at the end of HaE, and of course his baby self was shown then, so I'd still say it's close enough. But he's a Festum, so he can refer to "the last core" as a separate existence while still being Kurusu through and through.

Soushi is an odd case, because he doesn't seem to have the original's memories at all, he really is like a brand new person. Maybe that's the cost of transforming a more developed human into a Festum, unlike Tsubaki who was literally a fetus.

I get what you're saying about their blessings, but I do think that's more for flavor than anything, we've never seen examples of them having any influence outside that. Like the other anon said, all Festum technically exist outside of life and death, look earlier in the thread and there were lines about Festum "renewing their bodies" as early as RoL. So taking that into account, it's likely Soushi and Kazuki will both have to fight for as long as they're needed, each getting "reset" if they take too much damage.
>>
File: 1450475847513.jpg (113KB, 1024x587px) Image search: [Google]
1450475847513.jpg
113KB, 1024x587px
>>15093854
>>
>>15087906
Feels good right? Keep spreading the word, we are doing God's work here.
>>
File: bstgrlhr.webm (56KB, 522x404px) Image search: [Google]
bstgrlhr.webm
56KB, 522x404px
I'm just so happy that we'll probably get to see Seri live again. Best girl deserved better than what she got.

>>15087979
I'll continue my reverse predictions for The Beyond, we can't have best girl dying on us now, can we?
>>
>>15094297
>>
What if it's a 2 cour TV series like Exodus
1st is retrieving Soushi Jr.
2nd is retrieving Tatsuyajima
>>
>>15095339
That's the best case scenario. Though I'd say the 1st Cour ends with Tatsumiya reviving and the 2nd Cour is dealing with Altair setting up shop somewhere else and starting to eat the Earth
>>
File: Seri hair.webm (523KB, 498x404px) Image search: [Google]
Seri hair.webm
523KB, 498x404px
>>15094561
Anon, stop posting that shitty version.
pls.
>>
What would be a lewder doujin: "Tatsumiya's Mir learns the blessing of awkward boners and the whole island gets really horny, Maya/Kazuki/Soushi" or "Hester finds a way to reverse the Seto Island Mir sterilization and tries to breed a super pilot by locking Maya, Soushi, and Kazuki in a room and telling them to go at it."
>>
>>15095399
>Tatsumiya's Mir learns the blessing of awkward boners and the whole island gets really horny, Maya/Kazuki/Soushi
Throw in some Fumihiko/Chizuru on the side and you'll get my seal of approval.
>>
>I know I can't be a star. But... but... I hate not being able to get off this island. Somehow... somehow I feel like I'm in a cage. Just once... I want to see the outside world. I... I... have something I want to do, too. The sign in the classroom says "Hope."
>>
>>15096350
FUCKING
POETRY
>>
>How rare for Canon to talk. Do you like Kazuki?
>Not particularly.
>>
Post more BD comparisons, this shit looks fantastic
>>
File: 1426947458-4079358657_n.jpg (49KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
1426947458-4079358657_n.jpg
49KB, 600x410px
anon who said that he might have HAE BD scans, are you there?
>>
OFFICIAL OST RANKING

Heaven and Earth > Right of Left = Dead Aggressor > Exodus
>>
Did the sub anon ever end up compiling their Exodus release into a torrent?

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887662
Saw this today, looks like the unedited Crunchy subs are sadly getting some mileage still.
>>
>>15096554
That hairstyle.
>>
>>15096563
>are you there?
Yes, but I'm in a third world country.
>>
>>15096976
No, and I don't plan to while there are still a few issues that I haven't fixed.

And even then I still won't plan to.
>>
>>15085560
Can anyone post that Fafner watching guide and where to get them?
>>
File: Fafner Guide.png (4MB, 949x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Fafner Guide.png
4MB, 949x1072px
>>15097414
https://mega.nz/#F!QMdWgZCR!kONzKxaESiY6PuCOZD9scQ

I guess I need to update the guide soon.

Any other things /faf/ wants to see on it?
>>
>>15097428
/arcadianproject/ should archive the drama CD translations in the Mega before the Russians take LiveJournal down.
>>
>>15097437
Post link and I'll put it in the mega right now
>>
>>15097437
We also need someone to finish translate the one that takes place between 23 and 24.

I wanna know what the fuck Canon says to Kenji
>>
Did the dramas actually get real line-by-line translations? I thought the Livejournal stuff was more like summaries.
>>
>>15097437
Could you link that LJ, please? Can't find it right now.
>>
Exodus BD Box soon?

we could get an extended ep 26
>>
>>15097449
>>15097467
>>15097503
Sorry for the wait, I'm phone posting.

"Nowhere": http://soukyuu.livejournal.com/43693.html
"Now Here": http://redcrest.livejournal.com/1472.html
"Gone/Arrive" (partial): http://redcrest.livejournal.com/35225.html
>>
These, too:

"Stand by Me" part 1: http://soukyuu.livejournal.com/99059.html
"Stand by Me" part 2: http://redcrest.livejournal.com/9728.html
>>
>>15097428
Is there any torrent for them?
Mega usually put a limit on my download.
>>
>>15097532
I think if that was gonna happen at all it would've been on the regular BD release, like 1. It's been a year now and they'll be focusing on The Beyond.
>>
>>15097533
>>15097543
Thanks, added.

>>15097550
>Is there any torrent for them?
Nope, but the sub files are in there as standalones, maybe the annex.
>>
>>15097556
I am looking on the interwebs for mini BD. Is Daman the best subber for Dead Agressor or should I go for horriblesubs?
>>
File: 1484070283387.png (777KB, 888x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1484070283387.png
777KB, 888x1034px
>>
>>15097696
Daman is ripped from the official subs, but has a problem where only one set of lines shows up at once, and prioritizes signs over dialogue. Basically unwatchable at points.

Philosophy-Raws release is usually recommended, but very large. Really your best bet might be anon's DDL link.
>>
>>15097712
Shinn looks like Ryou, not Kazuki.
>>
>>15097712
Soushi is hot.
>>
>>15097696
>Daman
NEVER EVER
Does Horrible even have a Dead Aggressor release?
>>
>>15097931
>HorribleSubs
>2004
>>
>>15097943
That's what my point was, yes.
I didn't know if they had done a rip or something. They have ripped a few rare things from disc.
>>
>>15085560
Can someone please tell me in what order to watch fafner?
I really can't find any sources.
>>
>>15098228
See >>15097428
>>
>>15098253
Thanks a ton
>>
File: C1zw4e4UUAIGA64.jpg (49KB, 529x706px) Image search: [Google]
C1zw4e4UUAIGA64.jpg
49KB, 529x706px
Kenji's VA is cuddly af.
>>
Add this somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcJVJxxuzUE
>>
>>15099047
So Ubukata's position was "archivist" before taking over writing duties? What does that entail?
>>
>>15099390
>Archivist

Never heard of this term, what's the timestamp on the video? Can't go through all of it at the moment.
>>
File: Credits.png (1MB, 1906x720px) Image search: [Google]
Credits.png
1MB, 1906x720px
>>15099390
>>15099492
In general he's credited for "Archiving" on the first 15 episodes.

I'd assume it was probably general setting type stuff, it seems like he was heavily involved from the start even before taking over.
>>
>>15099535
I was wondering what the Japanese term is
>>
>>15099539
文芸統括
>>
>>15099047
>Hey, would it be bad if I told them hardly any characters will survive?

T-thanks Tow
>>
>still no update on whether it's movie/ova/series
>>
File: C14LBuMUkAEUgSv.jpg (54KB, 529x706px) Image search: [Google]
C14LBuMUkAEUgSv.jpg
54KB, 529x706px
Hiroto's VA.
>>
File: C14LUHZVQAAzjB2.jpg (48KB, 529x706px) Image search: [Google]
C14LUHZVQAAzjB2.jpg
48KB, 529x706px
Mimika's VA.
>>
File: C1zwGB8VQAAlkHJ.jpg (53KB, 529x706px) Image search: [Google]
C1zwGB8VQAAlkHJ.jpg
53KB, 529x706px
Maya's VA.
>>
>>15097428
Can I trust this guys?
I don't want to download 50 gegabytes of child porn that auto notify the police.
>>
>>15100311
I downloaded the special and the movie. It's alright. Yesterday I finished marathoning the 1st series. Tonight RoL and HaE. Strating from tomorrow, Exodus. Then I'll wait for Beyond
>>
Anyone's guess why Miwa can pilot Sein?
>>
>>15100654
>Miwa can pilot Sein
she hasn't been shown piloting Sein, has she?
>>
Also, this may be an obvious question, but why is Hiroto's VA there if Hiroto is dead? (Maybe he's there for Promo purposes but still..)
>>
>>15100672
most likely flashback scenes or when they go back to Tatsumiya and talk with dead people
>>
I thought when she was piloting Sein when it was speeding and the Wurm spheres were coming behind it and then the close-up of (older) Miwa piloting... (It's near the beginning)
>>
>>15100672
They forgot again to tell him.
>>
>>15100672
It's normal for them. Miyu Matsuki (Shoko's VA) went to events for exodus before becoming ill. There was even an event that was cancelled because she couldn't make it.
>>
>>15100311
Yes.
I keep the files on my computer.
>>
>>15100679
It could be (my first thought actually), but I think it might just be a bad cut/ransition.
>>
>>15100720
It was. They've made it quite clear that Kazuki is still piloting the Sein, while Miwa is in the newly upgraded Eins.
>>
>>15100825
I mean, I think it's entirely possible that she might attempt to pilot it. That could be an impetus for the Spectre being built, even.
>>
File: canon (2).png (122KB, 733x749px) Image search: [Google]
canon (2).png
122KB, 733x749px
;_;7
>>
>>15101279
see you in the future
>>
>>15101279
How long until we learn movie/OVA/series?
>>
File: C18HIuxUoAAMsie.jpg (27KB, 646x484px) Image search: [Google]
C18HIuxUoAAMsie.jpg
27KB, 646x484px
Fumihiko's VA.
>>
File: C15HHziVEAIJ7wx.jpg (57KB, 706x529px) Image search: [Google]
C15HHziVEAIJ7wx.jpg
57KB, 706x529px
The dude from Angela.
>>
File: C15GTCvUcAEkmbM.jpg (36KB, 706x529px) Image search: [Google]
C15GTCvUcAEkmbM.jpg
36KB, 706x529px
The chick from Angela.
>>
>>15101378
Based.
>>
>>15101354
I remember some anons were hypothesizing that it was possible that Canon was in a future where they'd already abandoned Tatsumiya and were using it as some kind of bait for the festum.
However she wouldn't have known about this and so she thought they were all dead.

I kinda believe it since it would be extremely out of character for Kazuki to do anything like he did in her premonitions without a solid reason.
>>
>>15101431
>it would be extremely out of character for Kazuki to do anything like he did in her premonitions

Show interest in a girl?
>>
File: C18SZMuUAAEpK1m.jpg (27KB, 610x457px) Image search: [Google]
C18SZMuUAAEpK1m.jpg
27KB, 610x457px
Sakura's VA.
>>
>>15101449
I didn't see it as him showing interest, to me it was more like "mission's over let's go back now" but Canon wouldn't know this since she was coming from the past.
I also think that it's possible that the show was giving us the Hiroto VA treatment and showing us a skewed perspective of things.
>>
>>15101467
The what?
>>
>>15101471
You know how Hiroto's VA didn't know his character was dying because he was mislead?

I was thinking that maybe that scene was a similar situation, besides we all should know how much Japs love tragic misunderstandings.
>>
new thread >>15101510
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.