[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does cloning feel out of place in UC Gundam? Something about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Prisoner_of_Gravity_Ple_Two.jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Prisoner_of_Gravity_Ple_Two.jpg
10KB, 300x225px
Does cloning feel out of place in UC Gundam?

Something about it just feels weird compared to the rest of the technology of the series.
>>
>>15083822

While the idea worked well for the Ple copies, it honestly opens up far more questions that never are explored.

1. Unless you subscribe to the theory that Glemy was a defective clone of Gihren that was abandoned due to genetic flaws, the only other person who actively practiced cloning was Glemy Toto in private with the Ple 1-12 series.

2. Was Ple herself a clone of someone else or was she the gene progenitor that was used for Ple 2-12?

3. If such techniques existed, what was stopping groups from creating copies of deceased leaders from the past? [I.E: Metatron from Gaia Gear creating a perfect physical clone of Char]

Honestly I can say the idea is interesting, but I am happy the concept was isolated to ZZ and Glemys backroom dealings. At least it never got as wonky as the shenanigans in CE [SEED] or AD [00]
>>
File: zz check em.jpg (181KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
zz check em.jpg
181KB, 499x498px
>>15083877
>but I am happy the concept was isolated to ZZ

Isn't FF a clone in Unicorn? There's the whole newtype bullshit about it being a vessel for Char's soul but I'm pretty sure that the body itself was made from his genetic info.
>>
>>15083877
Glemy hints at being a Zabi during the desert arc but it's never explored fully.
>>
>>15083988
All I remember is one vague line where someone alludes to his connections with the Zabi family.
>>
>>15083976
no, FF is a random dude turned into cyber newtype using char's old MS' psychoframe
>>
>>15083976
If I recall correctly, Full Frontal was original a Neo Zeon soldier that had volunteered to be physical reconfigured into a physical copy of Char, along with having his memories altered to fit in line with an ideal vision of what Zeon perceived of Char. In the Novelization of Unicorn, he is still somewhat aware of who he was, unlike the OVA where he is completely hijacked by the remaining animosity of the original Char.
>>
>>15083822
Not really. Seems like a sort of natural evolution of the ideas dealing with cyber newtypes and other modifications of regular pilots. They move onto simply creating newtypes from scratch.
>>
File: i came.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
i came.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>15084008
>>15084028

PUNISHED CHAR
>>
>>15084028
>having his memories altered to fit in line with an ideal vision of what Zeon perceived of Char.

So basically not the real Char at all.
>>
>>15084107

In the novel, he is implanted with the more political aspects of the original Char instead of the emotional ones, thus making him into a genocidal maniac who is infatuated with getting another war going.

In the OVA, whoever used to be in control of the body is gone and absorbed into Char malice who has fully hijacked the body.
>>
>>15083822

Its because its a non-mobilesuit specific technology that isn't locked into 1970's era technology.

Which feels out of place in UC. As we know, the giant robot tech is super advanced but literally everything else in UC sucks.

If you take the targeting computer out of a mobilesuit and put that same tech into a battleship turret, accuracy rate always drops to 0%. Since the Ple's are not mobilesuits, it shouldn't have worked based on the internal logic of the setting.
>>
>>15083988

Basically two theories (one more supported than others) exist for where Glemy came from.

Theory 1: Glemy was the illigitimate son of Gihren Zabi back in U.C 70. Not wanting the poltical strife of having a heir around that could cause issues, Gihren Zabi had decided to have his personal staff have the child given over to the Toto family, a failing branch of the Side 3 aristocracy that was offered a chance of redemption in return for financial security.

Theory 2: Glemy is a defective clone of Gihren that originally was designed to be a perfect copy of Gihren, however the clone ended up taking many of his receive genes instead leading to his radically different appearance to Gihren. [Gihren: Grey haired by his 20's, signs of physical decay into his mid 20's as well] [Glemy: Blond haired, Blue eyed and also possessed Newtype potential before it could be caluclated by groups like Flannagan and Augusta Labs.]

Regardless, it's been nearly confirmed that Glemy in one way or another had Zabi DNA via sources like SD Gundam G Generation and Gihrens Greed outright calling him the illegitimate son of Gihren.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.