[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 69

File: Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory.jpg (2MB, 1410x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory.jpg
2MB, 1410x1404px
Why did Kou Uraki have to experience so much suffering?
Why did Kou Uraki have to suffer for the sins of Nina Purpleton and Nina Purpleton?
>>
>>15082817
OP Nina a shit
>>
>>15082817

He was sacrificed to the God of animation, and that was the price. It wasn't worth it, at least to me, at least considering him the helm of the plot, but others will say it was the animation is all that counts.
>>
File: 147843646808898.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
147843646808898.webm
3MB, 960x720px
I liked the mecha action of this show
>>
I too.
>>
The studio wanted a war drama with a high school level love triangle
>>
>>15083144
>a high school level love triangle
but that's not Aquarion Evol
>>
>>15082829
Why couldn't they get that right in SDGO?
>>
>>15083157
I like both of them
>>
File: 0083 true end.jpg (155KB, 535x700px) Image search: [Google]
0083 true end.jpg
155KB, 535x700px
>>15082817
>Why did Kou Uraki have to experience so much suffering?
It was a forgone conclusion.
>Why did Kou Uraki have to suffer for the sins of Nina Purpleton?
They just didn't animate the comeuppance she deserved.
>>
File: 147843646807647.jpg (29KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807647.jpg
29KB, 480x320px
That was stupid to say the least.
So why did she do it?
>>
The real problem with 0083 is not Nina but Uraki.

He came across as a doofus which made him redundant because we already had a lovable doofus in Keith. Uraki was, in a sense, a bad casting decision. His character would've fit right in with more lighthearted series like ZZ where he could have been the incompetent senpai for the ZZ kids.

With Uraki out of the picture there would have been 'space' to give proper development to Gato and other more substantive characters--and as a bonus you do away for the 'need' to have HS love triangle and to have Nina--really a win-win.

For example, Lt. South Burning could have stepped in to become the MC. Think about it, a veteran like Burning would've been a better match to Gato's idealism. Thus, instead of having the dumb and one-sided exchanges of "Gatoouuuuu!!!!" "Gatooouuuu!!!!" and "Ninnnaaaaa!!!" from Urak, we would have seen a more substantive exchange between 2 veterans who survived the hell of the OYW. Burning would've been able not only to relate to Gato but to understand him to a certain degree and Burning would've been a proper contrast to Gato's blinded idealism and zealotry.

The fights and feats of the GP01 would've been more believable, because let's face it: no one really believes Uraki was able to make it through without plot armor.

So, yeah, 0083's biggest flaw is Uraki.
>>
>>15084783
Now this sounds like a very simple fanfiction.
>>
>>15082817
Because Kou was willing to do anything to get laid
>>
File: RX_78GP01_GUNDAM_GP01.jpg (386KB, 1039x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RX_78GP01_GUNDAM_GP01.jpg
386KB, 1039x1500px
>>15084783
>Uraki was, in a sense, a bad casting decision.

No. Kou was a reflection of Gundam fans. 0083 was holding a mirror up to its audience.

*Kou loves mobile suits and Gundams
*Kou shows an amazing knowledge of mobile suit stats, exactly like gunda/m/ fans who are oblivious of there autism
*Kou is shy/awkward around woman. Nina has to drag him out of his virgin shell to see a movie with her, and scolds him for being such a beta because he changes to the topic to mobile suits instead of asking her out. Classic /m/an behavior.
*Kou gets treated like a beta by Monsha and Gato, insecure and not confident in his own abilities. Punching a wall when he is alone because he is so beta. All classic beta /m/an behavior

You can deny it all you want, but Kou is /m/. That is why /m/ criticizes Kou so much in 0083 threads....self-hatred.
>>
>>15082817
Nina a floof
>>
>>15085985

Like Monsha of all people has any right to be criticising anyone. He got so bitter about not being picked he endangered the whole ship and even his own friends told him he was a shitter. All because he got turned down by one woman and couldn't handle the rejection.
>>
>>15084783
Yeah but if Burning was the MC then you miss the classic scene of Gato lecturing Kou, and Kou replying "Yes sir!" cause he's that much a cuck that he kowtows to anyone with a margin of authority in their voice, and then Gato going "I'm your enemy you idiot!"
>>
>>15082817
bad boy didn't eat his carrots
>>
>>15086002
Also Gato getting more and more butthurt when Kou keeps coming back and gets better and better until he finally manages to match Gato in combat.
>>
>>15086097
"See, Jimmy? that's why you can't be picky about eating your vegetables because then you grow up to be a massive faggot like Kou!"
>>
File: kou carrots.jpg (162KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
kou carrots.jpg
162KB, 720x480px
>>15086458
"Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If that carrot got the chance it would kill you and everyone you care about."
>>
>>15086477
that is a lot of carrots to be fair

I don't mind them but I wouldn't be able to eat that entire platter either
>>
>>15086516

you'll eat your carrots and like it, Mr. Or no pudding.
>>
>>15085985
OK sure, tell us how you really feel.

Personally, I don't "hate" Uraki, I just feel he was not the right MC for this show. Removing/replacing him with a different MC (it doesn't have to be Burning--he was just an example) does away with Nina and the love triangle.

>>15086344
Butthurt?

Did we watch the same show? If you pay attention you can't help but notice that Gato was oddly satisfied when Uraki was able to take down the GP02. The show made it clear that Gato felt that it had been too easy and then BAM! he fights GP01 and both units get destroyed.

Matches Gato in combat? D-did you actually watch 0083?

There is no doubt that Uraki gets better but he never manages to match Gato in combat prowess. The only one that gets more and more butthurt is Uraki because he can't bring Gato down/stop the colony drop. Hell, Gato spared his life at the end!
>>
>>15085985
Even assuming this is what the creators of the show actually intended by having Uraki as the MC does not counter the argument that he was ill-fitted for the role.
>>
>>15082817
>Why did Kou Uraki have to experience so much suffering?
Because he's a complete beta.
>Why did Kou Uraki have to suffer for the sins of Nina Purpleton and Nina Purpleton?
Because he's a complete beta chasing after the most 3DPD Gundam girl.

Also if you're not watching this show to laugh at Uraki, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1478675857857.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478675857857.webm
3MB, 960x720px
Best girl didn't win the MCbowl.
>>
>>15086968
the first time through it's just undiluted rage
you go back for the schadenfreude, if you go back
>>
Nina is a bad woman
>>
Kou deserved worse for the absolute bullshit he pulled at the end.

Using a stolen Gundam to fight and kill a force that openly defected to the Federation side and had been planned to do so all along that would have been crucial to stopping a planetary disaster, for no reason other than one of them killed one of his friends in self-defense when they initiated combat. And it wasn't even an intentionally fatal shot or anything on her part.

Seriously, who the fuck does that? With the stakes involved, that's worse than personally executing unarmed prisoners of war.
>>
>>15087854
the correct answer is always "fuck zeon"

the albion crew got spiffy uniforms too
>>
>>15087077
>the first time through it's just undiluted rage
I was laughing the whole time. You must have been underage as fuck then.
>>
File: latest.jpg (570KB, 1188x1073px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
570KB, 1188x1073px
Neue Ziel would look like a carrot if the body was orange.
>>
>>15087854
I thought the Albion crew wasn't told that Cima's fleet had defected, and were kept in the dark about everything right up to and including past the point where Kou hijacked GP03.

As far as I knew their orders were simply to abandon the Gato hunt, but that was after he had nuked the naval review and escaped, along with a change in command.
>>
Bad direction.
>>
>>15088057
Nope, you have it the wrong way around. In episode 12, Bask gives a direct order to Synapse about cooperating with the Cima fleet. This is during the colony drop operation, a bit before they use the solar system weapon against the colony.

https://youtu.be/dPJOuuMDod8?t=33

Up until then, they were allowed to act however they saw fit because in episode 10 they were given the freedom to act autonomously by a frustrated admiral as a way to telling them to go fuck off.

https://youtu.be/SD9lq2qqzdk?t=388

Sorry for the shitty videos, but I couldn't find better examples.
>>
>>15087854
The Albion had no fucking idea about Cima's little sidestory, and had attacked them TWICE in the middle of trying to do the mission that they were given that they didn't know that they were being set up to fail.

Maybe if Burning didn't die (because of Cima), they could have stopped the GP-02 in time (which is what Bask and friends wanted to happen so they could justify making the Titans). There's a reason Cima said there was "nowhere to retreat too". She played her cards too early, and was stuck in the middle of a battle field with no allies.
>>
>>15088097
>There's a reason Cima said there was "nowhere to retreat too". She played her cards too early, and was stuck in the middle of a battle field with no allies.
I thought it was because the Lili Marleen was destroyed, she didn't even have a ship she could escape with to continue being an outlaw pirate.
>>
>>15088089
Oh huh. I guess I should go rewatch it then.
>>
>>15088073
Bad writing.

FTFY
>>
>>15085985
I always suspected that Kou was made to mock nerdy self inserts.
>>
>>15087854
>spent all series thinking Kou was a boring shit
>finally start warming up to him near the end
>goes and kills Cima because she killed a guy he liked on the battlefield
That cuck deserves his inevitable life of misery with Nina
>>
File: 1478587220291.webm (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478587220291.webm
1MB, 800x600px
Gato a shit. A SHIT.
>>
>>15087854
Kou a shit. Nina a shit. They deserve each other.
>>
>>15088311
But Kou did nothing wrong
>>
>>15087861
Too bad they canon get murdered by Kamille.
>>
>>15082817
Jamitov and Bask were meddling in the situation. They saw the panic and impending fiasco as a chance to grab power. Being Jamitov and Bask, they acted in their own self interest even when it meant helping the enemy. They confounded the EF fleet's plans and slowed down their response. Of course, even without those two, they were in serious disarray after two thirds (or was it 1/3?) of their fleet was vaporized during the Naval Review. This was one of my favorite parts of the series. In almost everything else we watch, when the hero disobeys orders at the series' climax, he comes back from the brink and saves the day, and everyone forgives him. Kou, however, didn't save the day. He lost, and was punished for it. Actually, the whole series was like this. The EF and the Albion failed at almost everything they tried to do. The let the GP02 get gundamjacked, they failed to recapture it, they failed to stop it from going to space, they failed to stop Gato from using the warhead on the EF Fleet, and they failed to stop the colony from hitting earth. Whether it was through incompetence, mismanagement, corruption, or conceited apathy, the Earth Federation and the Albion, the "good guys", lost. It was the Zeon, the "bad guys" who planned well, worked hard, and had their hearts in it, and they were the ones who succeeded. Yet they didn't get everything they were after either. In the longer run, Jamitov and Bask were the only ones who came out on top.This is the main reason why 0083 is my favorite Gundam series (though Unicorn may pass it). People talk about the gritty realism of the 08th MS Team, but Stardust Memory is realistic in a way we rarely see in media.
>>
ALL ALONE HERE IN NO MAN'S LAND
>>
>>15088657
At the very end it's scary seeing the rest of the Albion crew receiving Titans jackets, knowing what they'll become in 4 years.
>>
>>15082817
I started watching it. Really. The amount of action and how nice it was done is amazing! 0083 really got some damn nice action episodes, and the conspirancy on the plot makes it better. We can see that some of the major people involved in the Naval review think that the Delaz fleet is small, just a bunch of crazy fanatics and that not much attention should be given to them. On the other hand, we know very well that some other major people knows the Delaz true strength and are doing things according to that. Such conspraincies. Haman made a brief appear here. It seems that there's some conflict between the Delaz fleet and Axis. So, was the Delaz fleet part of Axis at any point and just quit it to follow its own plans or there was never any concordance between them? You'd expect more union from Zeon remnants. No more, the final part were we see the nuclear explosion launched by GP 02 was brillant, truly terrific. Let's hope the next episode keeps the pacing in such a great one as this was. I wonder where Cima is however, also, Kou seems exhausted, is there any chance he DIES? Part of me says that Zeon would be the deal, specially following Gato's ideals. But, if was to the Delaz fleet win and say merge as the true victorious of the OYW, there sure would be a major conflict between factions and maybe even Axis when it comes to power. Humanity would quit its darkest and most bloody war in history to right enter another war, and this time, a civil war where the reason are even more dumb. So, hurt me to say, but, the Federation.
>>
>>15088926
Did every Fed admiral forget that Unit 2 had a nuke? I root for Zeon because Haman! The EFSF have shown little reason to root for them. Zeon are nazis in space!! And we see by CCA that the EFSF get better with Londo Bell.
>>
>>15088935
More like Feddies who fought against Feddies then decided to be Feddies again because apparently all their grievances with the Federation were tied into a singular faction of it which magically disappears with the Titans.
Never mind that all the policies that led to the Zeon War of Independence and the Titans in the first place are still standing.
>>
>>15088942
Well quite a few Fed leaders got a colony dropped on them.
>>
>>15088944
Tibet?
>>
So was OP Stardust Memory about starving earth of food via colony drop or to inspire a new Zeon revival?
>>
>>15088944
Dublin. Remember the drop in ZZ?
>>
>>15088959
No. It's about a cuck guy and NTR heroine.
>>
>>15088944
I do. I just don't recall anything important there.
>>
>>15082817
The funniest part of it is when Delaz is declaring war against the Federation and he spouting 'muh antarctic treaty' calling the GP02A a violation. But technically the Federation had the right to build it because the Treaty was only binding between the Federation and the Principality. Seeing how the Principlaity no longer existed the treaty wasn't binding anymore.
>>
>>15088960
Immediately after the Gryps Conflict, the Earth Federation leadership was transferred to Dublin. During part of the final stages of the First Neo Zeon War, to force the Earth Federation to follow to her demands, Haman Karn maneuvered a colony into Earth Orbit. Her target was Dublin, the city that has been the capital of Ireland since the 12th century AD and now home to the Federation leadership. Despite the attempts of the AEUG and Karaba, there was no way to halt it. Leading to this
>>
>>15088981
I watched ZZ by the way. You mean the importantpeople who sold out to Haman? Well I suppose viewed the strike as fairly inconsequential. I personally would have aimed it a slight bit over to hit Belfast. Least they had a Feddie base. Or have actually equipped the colony with a nuclear pulse engine so it would do more then just flatten a city. Haman was too soft for her own good sometimes. She actually cared about the state of the earth, cute ain't it? That sort of compassion during wartime. Then again Haman had purpose for that move beyond compassion, beyond immediate tactical goals it also showed that AXIS could and would employ colony drops to achieve victory.
>>
>>15088989
>I personally would have aimed it a slight bit over to hit Belfast. Least they had a Feddie base.
The Feds didn't have much of an army by this point. The gryps conflict nearly wiped them out.
>She actually cared about the state of the earth, cute ain't it? That sort of compassion during wartime.
Cute? Cute??? Dropping a colony is as bad as nuking! The one at Sydney left a 500 km crater. This one was not as big but it still sent tons of tons of debris into the air. Good job sending the earth into nuclear winter. Haman is many things but compassion is not one of them.
>Then again Haman had purpose for that move beyond compassion, beyond immediate tactical goals it also showed that AXIS could and would employ colony drops to achieve victory.
Zeon Mantra #1: If you don't get what you want. Drop a colony on the Earth.
>>
>>15088995
Yeah it was cute, because she could have repeated British, British was as bad as it was because of that engine cluster. Standard colony thrust systems aren't fusion powered after all. Not to mention the cluster itself exploded on impact thus resulting in that lovely crater you mentioned. Dublin was a goddamn joke compared to British because Haman had compassion. She could have sunk the UK into the sea probably had she wished to. Yet instead? One city destroyed, and even then quite a bit of it was intact, the real damage came after the impact from all the vaporized metal and other debris just raining down on the city in that cloud of death that formed over it. Yup it was pretty easy all things considered. But Haman as I said was a bit of a softie sometimes.
>>
>>15089005
So if the colony thrusters were fusion the explosion over Sydney wouldn't have been that bad?
>>
>>15089013
Exact
>>
>>15089020
So do the Colonies use Thermonuclear thrusters like Axis?
>>
File: 147843646807501.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807501.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
OTP
>>
I just finished this and can someone explain what was up with Cirma/feddies and the future titans what was their deal?
Why did they decide to screw over Kou's crew all of a sudden?
>>
>>15090091

A certain faction wanted to control the Federation , Cima was cooperating with this faction
>>
>>15090139
The titans, but what was their deal?
Cirma drops the colony with Zeon and then helps the titans who would stop the colony and become heroes and take control of the federation as the heroes that stopped the colony drop?
>>
>>15090144
Cima is one of my favorite villains ever, exiled by her people by following orders, hated by her enemies for horrific crimes, lied to from her superiors, leading into her exile and mental self torture. Tragic villain, for sure.
>>
>>15090787
Cima was really interesting herself and very unlike your typical zeon villain.
>>
>>15090787
>, exiled by her people by following orders, hated by her enemies for horrific crimes, lied to from her superiors, leading into her exile and mental self torture. Tragic villain, for sure.
Was this not explained in the OVA or did I just not pay any attention at all?
>>
>>15090144
>The titans, but what was their deal?

a branch of the EFF created to hunt down zeon remnants
>>
>>15090787
And 90% of her character isn't told in the OVA itself.

Literally all of her tragic backstory is omitted from the OVA so she's just some random bitch.
>>
>>15090835
>a branch of the EFF created to hunt down zeon remnants
No I already knew that, I was wondering what exactly their keikaku was during the stardust operation,but I already got the gist of it.
>>
>>15087861
>>15088920
I wonder how many of them got killed by kamille and the rest of the AUEG/Karaba crew during Zeta or do you think the left once they saw that the titans were a bunch of maniacs?
>>
>>15087024
shes old enough to be Kou's mother
>>
>>15087024
>>15090871
Did she even interact with Kou except that one time she destoyed his gundam?
>>
File: 147843646807610.jpg (161KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807610.jpg
161KB, 712x534px
Does anyone else wish they had a friendship like these two?
>>
>>15090845
>exactly their keikaku was during the stardust operation

a group of ambitious Fed officers waiting for the top brass to fuck up so they can move in with spacenoid fear mongering "Make the Federation Great Again "
>>
>>15090873
There was the time he killed her.
>>
>>15088537
>>15090870
I have intense erections just thinking about Monsha being killed by Kamille.

>>15090829
Not explained in the OVA. It's mentioned by side material and hinted at in the animated short "Mayfly of Space".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enf-QFOPh4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9egq6fteSE

>>15089022
No, colonies aren't meant to have thrusters in the first place. They're usually constructed at where they're intended to stay. Operation British involved attaching giant thermonuclear thrusters to the colony, and some colonies in 0083 had thrusters attached because they were being redistributed around the various lagrange points to solve population problems from when billions of people and hundreds of colonies were destroyed.
>>
File: 1478837013802.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478837013802.webm
3MB, 720x540px
I love this scene
>>
Why do some people that throwing a Colony on earth is completely normal?
>>
>>15082817
The EFSF Fleet didn't attack because it would have been futile. There is also a question of whether there was conspiracy at play, due to Bask Om's command. Kou Uraki was court-martialled and sentenced to one year hard labor for hijacking RX-78GP-03 Dendrobium Orchis and Stamen, as well as disobeying orders. Nina and Gato were romantically involved during the One Year War. As far as the whole romance-after-putting-a-gun-in-my-face, you have to admit there are far worse things that Gundam protagonists have dealt with in the name of love.
>>
>>15091947
Not on Earth, on Australia.

Throwing a Colony on Australia. That's perfectly normal.
>>
>>15091947
Because Zekes are a bunch of bloodthirsty psychos.
>>
>>15091947
>throwing a Colony on earth
it's a Gundam cliché
>>
>>15091947
There is nothing wrong with wanting to throw a colony on earth.
>>
I thought it was unsportsmanlike (bad term for this) for Gato to wait for kou outside the colony. Kind of gloating especially after leaving with nina in the colony, 2 minutes before. Bask sets the tone for zeta. It's a shame. I liked the crew of the Albion, and here they are now Titans. I'm a little surprised synapse went along with it. He disobeyed bask before. Kou gets punished for taking unit 3 i imagine. What I don't understand, why delete the data? There was significant research and 3 gundam models to build from. MkII is a beauty so I can't really complain. Not sure how kou could stand to be around nina after all of that. One of my favorite gundam series. Katz is the worst with probably nina as 2nd.
>>
>>15090884
I liked them.
>>
>>15082817
It's a weird story for sure. But overall 0083 is an insignificant part of UC history. Did you know for a while those GP0 gundams were not canon? So yeah don't think too much about 0083.
>>
File: Bask_Ohm_2391.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Bask_Ohm_2391.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
>Watching this for the first time, I wonder where the titans are since they should be a thing by now.
>Mfw I see this Glorious smug mug again
>Mfw the titans where ones behind the plot the entire time.
>Mfw they rused both the zekes and the feddies big time
I know those guys are a bunch of homicidal maniacs, but boy do I love those bastards.
>>
>>15094580

> Did you know for a while those GP0 gundams were not canon?

When?
>>
File: 1478843632604.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478843632604.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>Zeon
Banzai! Banzai!>>15094603
>>
>>15094665
Ever
>>
>>15082817
I've heard people don't like the ending or Nina. Whatever. The series is called Stardust Memories. Why not call it Operation Stardust? Well, because it is a story of memories of the past. Gundam jacking, colony dropping, they weren't just thrown in as tropes of the UC series. They are a result of memories and not letting go of the past. Kou is our window into the events, so let's look at the characters most influential to him. Burning, Nina, Gato, and Kelly. Burning was a good man and a good soldier, someone Kou respected and looked up to. His death was Kou's final lesson, that you could do your best and end up dead all the same, such is the life of a soldier. Nina and Gato. Nina haunted by her past, unable to give up her feelings for Gato. She doesn't want Gato and Kou to fight because it will mean losing someone dear to her, but Gato clearly said he'd wished she would have forgotten about him because he only lives for the revival of Zeon. Nina is caught caught between the past and the present. Gato is haunted by the past and unable to give up on Zeon. Kelly is unable to give up on Zeon as well, or at least being a pilot. This torments the one he loves, and in the end he chooses to relive the past rather than move on. So, we have a cast of characters unable to give up the past and move into the future, the result of which creates the Titans, a corrupt and heinious force with the mission of stamping out the past by hunting down Zeon remnants.
>>
>>15093358
Wasn't Synapse executed for it, though? Being the captain and all.
>>
>>15092822
>There is nothing wrong with wanting to throw a colony on earth.
I hope colony falls on your house.
>>
>>15093358

They deleted the Data, likely for deniability issues. Without it, they can deny ever having created a Gundam that essentially breaks one of the oldest treaties in the One Year War.

They would rather cover all that up, than have some nosy reporter try and ruin their new plans ( the Titans).

As for some of the crew becoming Titans... It isn't that hard to believe. The pilots were all kind of assholes but were still loyal federation soldiers, who just lived through another Zeon attack and colony drop.

Now I am not saying maybe once the Titans started doing really nasty things that some may not have cared for it... but I can understand the "Fuck Zeon" sentiment.

>>15095834
Yes, officially that is what was stated. He took all the blame for commanding his crew to do all those terrible terrible things that they did.
>>
>>15095665
But correct me if I were wrong, based on what I remember, it was Nina who DID pick up Gato's handgun and pointed it at him, if Kou hadn't stepped into that scene who would be the one finally pulled the trigger?(Of course after that she made another shot that isn't smart at all and has gained some "bad reputation" for her) And look at the look on Kou's face when he finally met her again, with the fact that Kou WASN'T(and is not likely to be)in a TITANS uniform, I think 0083 ends up like, the main characters who are still alive did choose to move on, it just can be very difficult.
>>
>>15082817
I readily admit my vast enjoyment of this series, I saw it when it came to theaters for its release in 92, me and the gf who actually surprised me for my birthday and took me readily enjoyed it, even though she wasn't a Gundam nut. Since that time I have rewatched it numerous times, purchased a few copies here and there, but I still remember the first time watching that contemplation movie. Last Blitz of Zeon lived up to its name and instantly enthralled me from the rapid change of pace and tone from 0079 to it bearing a strikingly good portrayal as lead up to Zeta. I loved the characters, well mostly, never cared for Nina really, but I liked Kou alright even if he was a putz .Gato and Delaz though were the main draw to me for the series, plus that Haman cameo! Anyway what drew me to the two Zeon leads was that these are men who fought throughout the greatest war in history for their home, only for it become something completely alien to both of them. Their comrades are either dead or half away across the solar system at AXIS, they have nothing but their mission, convictions and ideals and its beautiful to me. In a tragic sort of way anyway, I mean you can argue they fight for a impossibility, the revival of a government that fell apart in the aftermath of the One Year War, even if they seize back Side Three, all the people from their collective pasts are dead and gone from the rank and file all the way to Admiral Dozle and Supreme Commander Gihren. This provides to me a contrast that Char and Amuro never really had, despite them trying to do the same thing: The Veteran vs the Rookie. Char never spoke of anything truly relevant to Amuro until the very end of the series, meanwhile Kou and Anavel got a exposition dump every other time they met. Speaking of things like duty, ideology and devotion to causes, and I think by the end of it, they came to understand each other, establishing at the very least a sense of mutual respect over the events of the series.
>>
File: 0083-webm15.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
0083-webm15.webm
3MB, 960x720px
mech action is 10/10
>>
>>15098375
is this the remastered version?
>>
>>15098399
yep
>>
>>15094603
Oh man that would've driven me crazy.
>>
>>15082817
Why do women ruin every single gundam series? I thought it would be different this time since it's not written by tomino.
>>
File: 1482002898251.jpg (233KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1482002898251.jpg
233KB, 1600x1066px
>ugly figures
people are allowed to dislike figures, get over it.

>>15099891
>Why do women ruin every single gundam series?
MUH DICK
>>
>>15098375
>mech action is 10/10
yes, but romance is 2/10
>>
File: 1480277689780.gif (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480277689780.gif
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15094603
>>
>>15099707
What do you mean?
>>
>>15101866
>What do you mean?
Kou a cuck
>>
>>15083247
>pic
I would have done that too if I was Kou.
>>
>>15101008
Please list where those two points you gave came from.
>>
>>15102793
>those two points
1- A high school level love triangle
2- Shallow teenage drama
>>
File: RX-78GP03S.jpg (1MB, 3516x2825px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78GP03S.jpg
1MB, 3516x2825px
RX-78GP03S Gundam
>>
>>15101828
To master, with love
>>
>>15082817
best uc sidestory
>>
>>15104819
magic plot
>>
File: p1976380197-4.jpg (156KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
p1976380197-4.jpg
156KB, 600x600px
>>15105661
DID SOMEONE SAY MAGIC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ2ao1AQfW4
>>
>>15101828
In the UC timeline, the Federation was the one who did the initial shenanigans that caused the hate. Colonists really didn't do anything wrong until the whole Zeon thing happened. Then they sort of became Nazis for a bit.
>>
>>15107273
Bro, they really hate colonies in the Gundam universe. So many destroyed over the different series
>>
File: SolidWeakFlies.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SolidWeakFlies.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15108053
Yeah, everyone seems to hate the colonies. It's pretty crazy, I can't think of anything they did to cause the hate.
>>
Why are some anonymous so obsessed with colonies?
>>
>>15105671
i like... i must be gay.
>>
File: tertans.jpg (58KB, 476x522px) Image search: [Google]
tertans.jpg
58KB, 476x522px
>>15087861
>hello I am tootans

>>15088073
>>15088200
It was both. A good director should be able to keep his scriptwriter in check.

Personally I never felt the rage almost everyone does for Nina, I would have even been fine if we'd seen a flashback episode with her and Gato at some point (in fact that would have been pretty neat). The writing is really what kills the series, but at least Rebellion seems to be fixing a lot of that.
>>
File: slapbitchfrau.gif (1002KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
slapbitchfrau.gif
1002KB, 500x374px
I need to slap the spacenoid out of some of you
>>
>>15101828
bask in the sun?
>>
>>15108053
Ah yes, Zeon, how could I forget. I need to rewatch all of the animated series/movies and maybe read some of the manga again
>>
>>15108053
The beginning of After War X literally has hundreds of colonies slamming into earth. I don't know what colonies ever did to Sunrise to make them so upset.
>>
>>15109003
in Caribbean
>>
File: 147843646807585.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807585.gif
2MB, 500x375px
That's pretty stupid, right?
>>
>>15084112
>So why did she do it?
Nina was a bitch
>>
>>15108927
Why is Amuro hitting on Fraw Bow?
>>
>>15112999
She deserved it
>>
>>15110677
This show is pretty retarded the jokes too forced and Nina is a shit
>>
>>15084112
Realistic portrayal of most women.
>>
>>15084112
>>15114812
Why do women with boyfriends look at other men?
>>
>>15114817
How would i know, i've never had a girlfriend.

But i think it's because of all the liberal shit indoctrination feminists, hippies and leftists of all kinds have pushed. There is no such thing as loyalty or trust, or bondings of any kind these days, all is done in the name of self. People see each others as walking onaholes and dildos instead of partners.
>>
>>15112999
She needed to get over her entire family dying real quick and the proven gundam medicine is the good ol' slap.
>>
>>15114817
>Why do women with boyfriends look at other men?
Biology. Women are always on the look out for a step up. It's best not to get too emotionally attached.

t. ongoing 10 year LTR
>>
>>15114862
I meant NTR
>>
>>15114884
Lol nice try ;)
>>
>>15112999
>Why is Amuro hitting on Fraw Bow?
he's a brightfag
>>
>>15114862
Are you sexist?
>>
>>15114857
>and the proven gundam medicine is the good ol' slap
But wasn't that like the first slap of the entire franchise? Slapping wasn't proven until Bright decked Amuro much later on.
>>
>>15117094
>But wasn't that like the first slap of the entire franchise? Slapping wasn't proven until Bright decked Amuro much later on.
Remember that Amuro is a newtype who can sorta see in the future. His instincts are uncanny.
>>
File: 1478320179644.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478320179644.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
good cgi
>>
>>15114831
You're a fucking retard acting like it's exclusively liberals/SJWs/people you don't like who are unfaithful.

Have you ever been to the south, you dumb piece of shit? God-fearing republican Christians cheat on each other all the time.

And you wonder why you've never had a girlfriend? Fuck off.
>>
>>15082817
>TFW i sexually identify myself as Kou
>TFW i still wouldn't have a problem trying it again with Nina after all that.
What im doing with my life?
>>
>>15119640
>What im doing with my life?
kill yourself
>>
File: 147843646807623.jpg (1MB, 1440x2487px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807623.jpg
1MB, 1440x2487px
slut
>>
>>15120789
Im doing it, but with a really low pace.
>>
>>15119259
God fearing etc are hypocrites. Protestants are all hypocrites and the worst sinners of the bunch. It's catholics that are the more level headed people, at least where i live, but that still doesn't imply the influence media have on them isn't harmful. I'm not a christian or religious in any way myself, but i still hold higher values than others. I don't mind not having a girlfriend if all i'm going to find is garbage, so don't even try to use that as an insult, it doesn't work.
>>
File: 1478123704103.jpg (157KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478123704103.jpg
157KB, 1440x1080px
>>15084112
>That was stupid to say the least.
>So why did she do it?
Fuck Nina Purpleton. If she had died within the first few episodes It would have made the ending alot better. I can't believe she basically is a douche to kou then when he gets out of jail hes Happy to see her?! fuck that bitch man! Theres plenty of fish in the sea and i love seafood. Anyways overall pretty awesome though.
>>
>>15082817
>Nina Purpleton
I'm currently watching 0083 for the first time, just finished the 3rd episode, and I haven't really seen much wrong with the woman like I hear about yet. Am I missing something, or am I just still before any of her worst moments show up?
>>
>>15123041
The long triangle between Kou/Gato/Nina was shoehorned (clarity edit: in regards to Nina's betrayal) into the end because something happened to the original writer. Also, Gato. perfectly representing the Universal Century's paradox of Zeonic patriotism: targeting corn over destroying something symbolic like the Federation's HQ in Jaburo. Whenever Zeonic forces have a chance to make the Universal Century a better place, they self-destruct from their prima dona mentality.
>>
>>15108073
Nukes, Nukes are awesome. Gundams with nukes are even more awesome. And what could be even better? A zeon controlled gundam with a nuke!
>>
>>15123041
If Nina had been choked to death, I guess they could have just made her motivations, decisions, and emotions make sense like a Human being's.
>>
>>15123077
I felt the beginning with Kou and Nina were great. I definitely seen that love triangle thing to be rushed and not really executed well.
>>
Really 0083 went to shit the minute Burning died.
>>
>Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 - Stardust Memory: Opening 1 HD 720p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKrcFb9iUuM

>Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 - Stardust Memory: Opening 2 HD 720p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l8zX6AGJeI
>>
>>15123138
SOLOMON!

I HAVE RETURNED

[MEN OF DESTINY INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>15123136
Poor guy. He found the OVA scripts and tried to warn everyone how awful the ending was going to be, so they killed him off with a delayed MS explosion.
>>
>>15123136
>Burning died.
This is true

>>15123131
Fuck off The fucking romance ruined the show.
>>
why does /m/ hate Kou so much?
>>
>>15123041
So she's just making a cuckold out of Kou
>>15123170
because Kou's a cuckold
>>
>>15123191
>because Kou's a cuckold
But he doesn't even know he's a cuckold yet.
>>
>>15123109
>If Nina had been choked to death,
I agree
>>
>>15123191
There is nothing wrong with being a cuckold
>>
>>15123041
I really like Gato. The guy had dignity right to the end. Physalis vs. Zepheranthes is one of my favourite fights.
>>
File: 1475187113878.jpg (1MB, 1992x2712px) Image search: [Google]
1475187113878.jpg
1MB, 1992x2712px
Lewd girl
>>
>>15123136
>Really 0083 went to shit the minute Burning died.
Every time I've watched Stardust Memory, I felt that Burning's death was incredibly forced. Like, there's no way that you can't consider it being a case of Dropping a Bridge on Him. I mean, I know it does make sense that a mobile suit malfunction can destroy a MS, but the way it was handled was particularly bad. Seriously, if he was given another few seconds, then Burning would've unveiled all of Operation Stardust. It's pretty clear to me that they killed Burning because the director didn't want to reveal what the plan yet (even though the document case was introduced to tease the plan). Burning deserved a better death, instead of some poorly-handled tripe.
>>
File: 147843646807261.jpg (1MB, 1602x2134px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807261.jpg
1MB, 1602x2134px
I liked her very much
>>
File: GP01 alt colors.jpg (1010KB, 1333x2277px) Image search: [Google]
GP01 alt colors.jpg
1010KB, 1333x2277px
>>15125677
I really hope Rebellion will handle it better. They probably will, seeing how they've done the other characters.
>>
>>15123136
>Burning
He's my favorite character in this show
>>
Just finished 0083 Stardust Memory, can someone explain what happened between Nina and Gato? Subsequently how is Kou okay with falling back in love with her after she pointed a gun at his face? Also what the hell did the dropped colony hit? Why didn't the EF fleet attack the Delaz fleet before the colony passed the point of no return? And why was Kou disciplined for continuing to fight Gato at the end?
A lot of this shit doesn't make sense to me. For background I have seen 0079, MS Igloo, 08th MS Team, 0080, and Zeta if that helps clarify this ending at all.
>>
>>15128705
>Just finished 0083 Stardust Memory, can someone explain what happened between Nina and Gato?

Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>15128705
Island Ease impacted in the midwest in North America, which caused massive food shortages and general chaos.The EFSF Fleet didn't attack because it would have been futile. There is also a question of whether there was conspiracy at play, due to Bask Om's command. Kou Uraki was court-martialled and sentenced to one year hard labor for hijacking RX-78GP-03 Dendrobium Orchis and Stamen, as well as disobeying orders. Nina and Gato were romantically involved during the One Year War. As far as the whole romance-after-putting-a-gun-in-my-face, you have to admit there are far worse things that Gundam protagonists have dealt with in the name of love.
>>
>>15128705
you must review this series again.
>>
>>15086516
Carrots are awesome. I had a bunch with some bratwurst for dinner just a few hours ago.
>>
>>15082817
If only Stardust Memory's godly animation adapted the relatively new manga instead of this piece of shit story that made no sense.

Which nigger scripted this seriously? Entire OVA sucks Gato's dick, all the games suck Gato's dick, yet he gets shot down in less than a minute in the first episode by stray fire while everyone else dodges, proceeds to steal a nuclear Gundam while the feds twiddle their thumbs and shout at him to STAWP, then get his shield busted by the biggest scrub MC in Gundam history the very first fight.

Does the guy hate Gato or something and wanted to make sure he'd be inferior to how Char looked on TV?
>>
>>15130306
Are you the same guy who hates Gato TV version?

The man kicks ass with a GP02, which shouldn't be possible due to the limited armanent it has.
>>
>>15130316
>Are you the same guy who hates Gato TV version?
That's Probably Him
>>
>>15127124
great model
>>
>>15127489

Burning a best.

Unrelated note, anyone have the gif/webm of Kou shooting up and having a carrot trip?
>>
0083 is so full of plot holes it makes The Maw in Star Wars look sad.
>>
>>15133311
Actually it's not. The issue is that a lot of this stuff is in supplementary materials. 0083 itself is actually pretty issue free, compared to some other series within the UC line, let alone outside it.
>>
>>15134374
So, there are novels, manga and such that explain some of those things? I'd never heard of that. Once upon a time, I would have really wanted to read them.
>>
>>15082823
Jesus this. Awful characters and plot, BEST Gundam animation.
>>
File: 1411537175861.png (79KB, 251x257px) Image search: [Google]
1411537175861.png
79KB, 251x257px
>>15136323

Not that F91 didn't also look gorgeous already, but why couldn't that story be the one made into a 13 episode OVA instead? It clearly had much more significance in its plot in comparison to Snoredust Memery.
>>
The first couple of episodes were good, and is it went on, the plot began to fall apart a bit but the action and animation were consistent really good. In the last few episodes it shat the bed in terms of characters, plot, and everything, especially Nina fucking Purpleton.
>>
File: 1280.jpg (143KB, 557x450px) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
143KB, 557x450px
>>15131426
>Burning a best.
>>
>>15136377
F91 was a shit
>>
>>15130316
>hates Gato TV version
Is there any difference between Gato TV version and Gato Manga version?
>>
File: 3853534322.jpg (649KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3853534322.jpg
649KB, 1440x1080px
Best mechs
>>
File: 34878454543.jpg (239KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
34878454543.jpg
239KB, 960x720px
>>15123136
>>15123158
>>15127489
>>15131426
>"Allen, quit scaring them now. Keith! Uraki! Just do it like you always do, I won't let them beat you!"
Best dad
>>
File: 0.png (345KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
345KB, 512x384px
>>15082817
get fucked Feddies
>>
>>15142776
i agree
>>
>>15142151
nope
>>
Why did Gato spare Kou at the end?

Was it out of pity? Or was he just in so much of a rush to break open a path to Axis that he literally didn't have time for a quick slash to the (disabled) Dendrobium?
>>
File: 28996836_p0_master1200.jpg (580KB, 1200x889px) Image search: [Google]
28996836_p0_master1200.jpg
580KB, 1200x889px
>>15142776

Of all the dumb BS that got shoehorned between 0079 and Zeta, the GM Quel is the one thing I wish stuck. It feels so much more natural as their main force than those crappy Zaku knockoffs.
>>
>>15145641
>Why did Gato spare Kou at the end?
>Was it out of pity?
because Gato's a overestimate idiot
>>
>>15082817
Nice songs. Men of Destiny and The Winner are some of the best Gundam opening songs.
>>
>>15142776
Neue Ziel is my reasoning for watching stardust. IMO the sexiest mobile armor to ever touch the gundam series!
>>
>>15148258
>sexiest mobile armor
0083 has some very sexy Big Stompy Robots Mobile Suits and Mobile Armors.

>>15088657
Basically this. If anyone had actually paid attention they would know the entire thing was orchestrated by Jamitov to take control of the federation. He played both sides to get his power. He is Gihren levels of genocidal.
>>
>>15088657
You might have just changed my opinion of 0083
>>
>>15149222
0083 is really a good show
>>
File: mfw carrots.gif (2MB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
mfw carrots.gif
2MB, 300x224px
>>15149222
>>15149227
Aside from shithead Nina in the later half, 0083 has always been one of my favorites. I don't understand a lot of the hate for it.
>>
>>15149392
>I don't understand a lot of the hate for it.

/m/ knows nothing about mecha.
>>
>>15149392
It's my favorite.
Yeah, the plot went kinda sideways into "coincidental romantic rival" town, but the designs and animation are top shelf, and the focus on mechs instead of "MUH NEWTYPES" was a plus for me.
>>
>>15150659
this
>>
>>15150659
Well yeah, but even back in the day when /m/ was full of posters who actually watched mecha anime it got shit on a lot.
>>
>>15151463
It's a situation that has worsened over recent years and the problem is much more extensive than he implied.

Sometimes I feel like there are more cancerfag (waifufag, yurifag, SJW, feministard, shoujofag, boogeymanfag) disguised as mechafag than real mechafag.
>>
>>15149392
>Nina
It almost looks as if she understands principles and it seems he is righteous, but Nina is nothing more than a coward.
>>
I NEEEEED THE MAGIC
>>
>>15124494
MG 2.0 when
>>
File: 147843646807495.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807495.gif
1MB, 500x375px
Best girl, fell and lost the Koubowl
>>
>>15151490
>It's a situation that has worsened over recent years and the problem is much more extensive than he implied.
this is true

>Sometimes I feel like there are more cancerfag (waifufag, yurifag, SJW, feministard, shoujofag, boogeymanfag) disguised as mechafag than real mechafag.
I feel the same way
>>
File: shot0001.jpg (59KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.jpg
59KB, 712x534px
Would you a Nina?
>>
>>15152910
Nor of grace, I want it.
>>
>>15152910
Nah. She has no loyalty and will betray you and all you hold dear in a moment when you need her support the most.
>>
>>15152910
I like your soft hair
>>
File: Top-Gun-Tom-Cruise.png (472KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
Top-Gun-Tom-Cruise.png
472KB, 618x412px
>>15085985
Go figure, considering some of the series inspirations. Pic related
>>
File: 121683.jpg (117KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
121683.jpg
117KB, 712x534px
>>15152910
Knowing what I know from a 3rd person perspective, no. I'd want to, but no. I would a Mora though.
>>
>>15082817
So, I just finished this, and all the early UC obviously. Should I watch Unicorn or Turn A next?

I know they are not related, but I can't decide.
>>
>>15153529
>Universal Century Gundam Animated Works (Chronological Order)
Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin (UC0068 - UC0077)
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO (January, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam (September, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (October, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (December, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt (December, UC0079)
Gundam the Ride: A Baoa Qu (December, UC0079)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (UC0083)
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (UC0087)
Gundam Neo Experience 0087: Green Divers (UC0087)
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (UC0088)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (UC0093)
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC0096)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (UC0123)
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (UC0153)
G-Saviour (UC0223)

after Turn A
>>
>>15153570
Enjoyment wise. Would I enjoy Unicorn more after watching Turn A or not?
>>
>>15153593
No. Neither show makes any reference to each other and are very different.
>>
>>15153473
Mora is easily best 0083.
>>
>>15153593
Irrelevant.
Turn A and Unicorn are both completely self-contained.
Unicorn requires basic knowledge of UC and you'll get the most out of it if you've seen MSG, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA.
Turn A has no actual connection to any previous show aside from what are basically easter eggs. Whether or not you know what Zeon and the One Year War are before seeing the Borjarnon and Kapool makes no difference, it's nothing other than a cameo. It is significant for two reasons:
1. Tomino's failed attempt to either end Gundam on a happy note or start a trend of more hopeful and light-hearted shows that revolve more around character development than mecha
2. Officially establishing that all Gundam shows are in fact the same universe, and unconnected stories are on the same earth but separated by hundreds or thousands of years. This is also kind of a failed attempt, as evidenced by everyone still calling Wing, X, G, 00, etc, etc "AU" shows (meaning "Alternate Universe") instead of Black History as revealed by Turn A's plot exposition.

Oh, and Tomino got a filthy gaijin to design the main mobile suit, which is why it looks so stupid.
>>
>>15153593
Do you want more Tomino? Watch Turn A.
Do you want more Zeon? Watch Unicorn.
>>
>>15153611
>>15153624
Ok thanks anons.
>>
>>15153624
>shitting on Syd Mead
>>
File: 1483669637836.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483669637836.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15153624
>Turn A has no actual connection to any previous show aside from what are basically easter eggs.
>>
File: 1483669705302.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483669705302.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15153938
>>
File: 1483669775015.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483669775015.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15153947
>>
>>15153938
it's a view of a space colony that once held millions of people falling on the earth.

>>15153947
ZZ Gundam's transformation
>>
>>15153938
It's true, though.
That scene would not play any differently for someone who's never seen any UC Gundam, because they're spelling out exactly what the images mean via dialogue. They could have shown all-new footage of a different model of colony crashing into the earth, those mobile suits from the Adeskan legends, or anything else and the scene would still play exactly the same.
"Bad shit happened in the past, bad shit that we don't want to repeat again" is all that's being said, Amuro's angst, Char's treachery, Kamille's petulance, Scirocco's scheming, Judau's hijinks, etc have fuck-all to do with the story in Turn A.
>>
>>15153570

Where does Reconguista in G fit in
>>
File: 147843646807544.jpg (183KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807544.jpg
183KB, 712x534px
best fanservice
>>
>>15153473
>>15155025
>Chocolate girl
I want to fuck it
>>
File: 1478778827655.png (155KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478778827655.png
155KB, 400x500px
Nina
>>
>>15100202
>Koo Ooroki
>>
File: shot0002.jpg (74KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.jpg
74KB, 712x534px
>>15156579
Why do we hate her /m/?
>>
>>15156758
Because she stopped being that and instead betrayed everyone for the sake of a love triangle.

Early series Nina was really cute, though.
>>
>>15156927
yeah, after MUH Gato's dick
>>
>>15082817
>kou

It was more about Gato tho. Kou was just the self insert protag figure hence why he was an emotionless fagort.

But it had giantbrownmusclewaifu so it's by far the best Gundam series thanks to not being a Newtype circle jerk fest.
>>
>>15156952
>It was more about Gato tho.
bullshit, you're only a gatofag
>>
>>15156758

Because she went from best girl to WORST GIRL FOREVERS in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>15157606
all Age's girls are shit
>>
I don't wanna make a new thread so I'll just ask here. I just watched this and F91. People always say that you should watch Gundam in release order but I don't really care for anything that doesn't have Zeon in it, can I just move onto The 08th MS Team, Unicorn and Origin without missing anything?
>>
>>15157625
>People always say that you should watch Gundam in release order
this is bullshit made in /m/.

>can I just move onto The 08th MS Team, Unicorn and Origin without missing anything?
see >>15153570
>>
>>15157625
08th MS Team requires no prior knowledge except for the basic setting of the original series, which is "Zeon is at war with the Earth Federation".

Unicorn is meant to be the end cap of the main series continuity, which is Mobile Suit Gundam, then Zeta Gundam, then ZZ Gundam, then Char's Counterattack. As long as you've seen those four stories, then feel free to go into Unicorn as it continues on the same themes and features some past characters.

Origin requires no prior knowledge except for some characters from MSG. Aside from some world-building and exposition, it fleshes out their past and what they were doing prior to the original series.
>>
>>15157641
>>15157656
Yeah, I've watched everything in production order so far. I guess I'll watch The 08th MS Team next then.
>>
>>15157780
>I guess I'll watch The 08th MS Team next then.
yeah, there is no problem with that.
>>
In Nina's defense Kou is a childish faggot, who runs away crying more times than Amauro did, he recklessly takes the Gundam out more than once despite direct orders not to because he wants to prove himself. And willingly helps repair a mobile armor unit knowing its going to be used to attack his own ship, putting the lives of his crew and the people on the Moon in danger.

If I were her and Gato came, I'd suck his dick too.
>>
>>15158080
>In Nina's defense Kou is a childish faggot
and Nina a shit

>>15158080
>If I were her and Gato came, I'd suck his dick too.
you're a foggot in love with Nina and gato
>>
File: 147843646807677.jpg (277KB, 832x534px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807677.jpg
277KB, 832x534px
That is /m/'s dream
>>
File: Gato-dwg3.jpg (61KB, 290x313px) Image search: [Google]
Gato-dwg3.jpg
61KB, 290x313px
>>15082817
Because he was a part of the rotten Federation
>>
>>15160931
>Federation
Federation is a major problem that needs to be eliminated using every means available
>>
>>15156758
>Why do we hate her /m/?
Because of its soft hair
>>
File: Nina committing suicide.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Nina committing suicide.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>15082817
OP That is /m/'s dream
>>
>>15152092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ2ao1AQfW4
>This song playing during a scene of two guys fixing a mech together all night
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>15161616
They're saying that helping your neighbor is the moral equivalent of attacking a ship.
>>
>>15128705
>Subsequently how is Kou okay with falling back in love with her after she pointed a gun at his face?
>A lot of this shit doesn't make sense to me. For background I have seen 0079, MS Igloo, 08th MS Team, 0080, and Zeta if that helps clarify this ending at all.
Are you sure you saw those series? Staying in love with someone who pointed a weapon at you is present in most, if not all of those sans 0080. Like fucking seriously. Even ignoring all the others this happened multiple times in 08th team alone.
>>
>>15161616
>smooth jazz music used in Gundam

It's one of the reasons I liked 0083, it should have felt so out of place, but I really like that song.
>>
File: carrots.jpg (176KB, 886x594px) Image search: [Google]
carrots.jpg
176KB, 886x594px
>>15152910
fuck yea i wood
>>
>>15161906
Jesus, what is it?
>>
File: 1485654830350.jpg (249KB, 720x915px) Image search: [Google]
1485654830350.jpg
249KB, 720x915px
I love him
>>
>>15156758
Bitch picks up Kou in prison when she should be the one in prison.
>>
>>15161573
this is true
>>
>>15125677
>Every time I've watched Stardust Memory, I felt that Burning's death was incredibly forced
Because it is. Painfully so.
>>
>>15161906
Can't unseen
>>
>>15125677
So why don't you appreciate what you have? .
>>
Anyone have a screen capture of the zeon fleet from the second opening arrayed in front of the colony?
>>
File: 1080.jpg (327KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1080.jpg
327KB, 1440x1080px
>>15164766
>>
>>15164766
Here you go.
>>
>>15149392
If you ignore the Nina thing, it's a high octane Top Gun romp in Gundam mecha fun.

It's not a masterpiece like some other Gundam series, but it's a DAMN good one and fun to look at. Also it does not hurt that the OST is great and both openings are hype as fuck
>>
>>15162417
He was pretty awesome
>>
>>15164819
yeah, 0083 is just as good as The 08th MS Team and its much better than shoujo 0080.
>>
>>15164739
he doesn't have anything like that.
>>
>>15157641
>this is bullshit made in /m/.
It's common sense, and is well-known throughout the entire world. Only in /m/ have I ever heard anyone idiotic enough to recommend in-universe chronological order over production order.
>>
>>15164819
0083 is one of my fav Gundam series.
>>
>>15165476
good taste anon
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 229x220px
Kou and Nina
>>
>>15165393
>It's common sense, and is well-known throughout the entire world.
bullshit, that's just someone's personal opinion.
>>
>>15165393
>Only in /m/ have I ever heard anyone idiotic enough to recommend in-universe chronological order over production order.
no no no it's really important that we know Darth Vader is a whiny cunt who hates sand in order to enjoy A New Hope
>>
File: Img_1216555_37804874_0.jpg (398KB, 724x975px) Image search: [Google]
Img_1216555_37804874_0.jpg
398KB, 724x975px
>>15164834
yeah
>>
>>15166471
Also, you have to make sure to watch Enterprise before TOS. Otherwise you have no context for why the Kirk keeps punching gods.
>>
>>15164819
>If you ignore the Nina thing,
This is very hard to do and generally unsuccessful.
>>
>>15164819
yeah! Great animation, great suits, lousy characters. But then again, I love the whole scenario it sets up. Zeon revenge missions are the best! Plus the Delaz fleet remnants go on to fight the titans in Advance of Zeta, another favorite of mine.
>>
>>15084112

I blame all of Nina's actions on being an emotional, manipulative, self-centered, socially-inept woman.
>>
>>15167691
In short, Nina sucks.
>>
File: 1429764122965.jpg (202KB, 600x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1429764122965.jpg
202KB, 600x1564px
>>15164766
>>
>>15167897
beautiful picture
>>
Were Cima's Marines the entire Marine Corps of Zeon, or just part of them?
>>
>>15167925
part of them
>>
>>15167938
So there are other Zeon Marines not led by a traitor but still get those nice Gelgoogs?
>>
File: 147843646807621.jpg (335KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807621.jpg
335KB, 1280x720px
Sluts
>>
>>15167960
more or less, it was that.
>>
>>15164819
I was never really invested in their relationship and I knew something was gonna happen when she somehow knew Kerry.
And I wasn't surprised that Kou being a beta bit him in the ass at the end
I was generally enjoying 0083, premise,characters,action but everything sky rocketed for me when it was revealed that the Titans were behind everything so they could get into power, seeing the Albion crew in Titan unifroms and saltuing Jamitov was both amazing and chilling.
I thought it did a fantastic job in working as the missing link between 0079 and Zeta
>>
File: 1478677911611.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478677911611.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>
File: single gf gundam.jpg (121KB, 408x833px) Image search: [Google]
single gf gundam.jpg
121KB, 408x833px
>>15085985

Oh please, real /m/en would be so dedicated to their robots they wouldn't bat an eye to 3D women.

Sure as heck won't feel insecure to punch walls. There are better uses for our right hands!
Like building Gunpla. What'd you think I was gonna say?

Anyways, I watched most Gundams and /m/ for the robot wrestling. And 0083 is good in that regard.
>>
>>15167691
>I blame all of Nina's actions on being an emotional, manipulative, self-centered, socially-inept woman.
this is not true
>>
File: images.png (11KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
11KB, 189x267px
>>15152910
she a lunatic
>>
File: webm 003.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
webm 003.webm
3MB, 960x720px
Some webms
>>
File: webm 005.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
webm 005.webm
2MB, 960x720px
>>15169779
>>
File: webm 007.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
webm 007.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15169781
>>
File: webn 004.webm (2MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
webn 004.webm
2MB, 700x500px
>>15169786
>>
File: snu snu.jpg (180KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
snu snu.jpg
180KB, 712x534px
>Just finished 0083
>Would have been great if they hadn't forced Kou and nina into this awkward and cringey love story
>Too much Bullshit not enough Mora
>TFW 6'6" Ubermensch IRL
>Less top gun more snu snu
>>
>>15123153
Underrated post
>>
>>15169879
>>Would have been great if they hadn't forced Kou and nina into this awkward and cringey love story
I hate this part
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.