[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 41087l.jpg (76KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
41087l.jpg
76KB, 300x424px
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
"Hey remember Sakura Wars?"
-"Yeah, that was cool."
>>
File: xenoglossia.jpg (482KB, 1748x1200px) Image search: [Google]
xenoglossia.jpg
482KB, 1748x1200px
In retrospect 2007 was a fantastic year for mecha anime.
>>
>WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
lets make something better than Eva (not like that's too difficult to do)
>>
They wanted to make the greatest /m/ love story ever told.

And they succeeded.
>>
>>15079771
This is another generic yurimoeshit show disguised as a mecha.
>>
Glory.
>>
>>15079991
This
>>
>>15079771
They were thinking "how do we get people into our brand that don't like music?" and the answer they came to was add mechs.
>>
>>15079992
Did you watch it?
>>
>>15079840
>"Hey remember Sakura Wars Male MC?"
>"Yeah, that was cool."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAHiMu9Pe8
>>
>>15079992
Honestly can't tell if you're just a parody or serious at this point.
>>
>>15079771
They expected to do another Mai show, and wound up improvising.
>>
>>15079992
>generic yurimoeshit show disguised as a mecha.
/m/ love it!
>>
>>15079771
I feel like if I ever watch it I won't be able to enjoy it due to none of the girls having there VA
>>
>>15080213
He's serious.

Seriously autistic.
>>
>>15080213
Or likely some idiot who saw cute girls and strung together a bunch of buzzwords to try to make himself 'fit in'.

And inadvertently revealed himself as an ignorant retard in the process.
>>
>>15079771
MC wants to fuck her giant robot.
I have the utmost respect for her.
>>
>>15081196
You post on /m its a love story between a girl and her giant robot. Yes you will enjoy it, different VAs or not it won't be many eps in till you no longer care about the VA picks and focus more on the greatest love story ever
>>
>>15079771
Hilariously, I watched Xenoglossia before I knew about Idolmaster proper so I was fine with all of it.
>>
Don't give a shit about Idolm@ster show was great.
>>
Imber best boy
>>
>>15081196
The voice cast being different is actually a good thing. While it is different, the normal Imas cast is full of a ton of no-name small time voice actresses, other than like two characters? Meanwhile Xenoglossia was full of era's top industry talent voicing those roles.
>>
>>15081606
Idolm@ster's VA's are mostly musicians rather than voice actresses, barring a few of them.
>>
>>15079771
Back in the day the rumors were that Xenoglossia was going to be another Mai-Hime series (now with actual robots), but with the unexpected success of Idolm@aster Bandai forced Sunrise to make an anime, Sunrise was kinda busy and decided to just replace the original cast of Xenoglossia with IM@S characters, the idols were just going to be another short lived fad anyway.

I don't know how legit is this.
>>
>>15081615
Its for the best, since there isn't any singing in Xenoglossia
>>
>>15079771
DUDE
IDOLM@STER
LMAO
>>
>>15079771

>what were they thinking

Not much I imagine.
>>
>>15079771
"Hey guys, lets make an anime"

Its not that hard m8
>>
>>15079771
>Idolm@ster kind of sucks.
>Yeah, let's just make a mecha show.
>>
The covers of old /m/ shows' OP's were great, with the Votoms one being my favorite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDM4FJxU1I
>>
>>15079771
That show was pretty ok, never understood why all the hate.

If you are an Idolmaster fan I get it, they attached the name of your favorite franchise to something that has nothing to do with it.

But if you are a mecha fan, I don't see the problem, it was a perfectly legit show.
>>
>>15083405
This. Everything Xenoglossia does as a mecha anime isn't exceptional or anything, but its setting and characters are built up solidly such that the viewer is continually interested in watching the show.
>>
>>15083405
Some idiots see anything with cute girls in it and immediately start frothing at the mouth. See >>15079992

Personally, not being very familiar with IdolMaster, I liked it. Nice story, likeable cast, and a really cute romance.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.