[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Rescue Solbrain General 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 113

File: CtTpaiIWcAA1reK.jpg (32KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
CtTpaiIWcAA1reK.jpg
32KB, 400x258px
Second thread here since old reached bump limit. Stand by for Episode 30.
>>
File: me irl.png (739KB, 638x474px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.png
739KB, 638x474px
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=885897

A pair of bumbling thieves attempt to steal something valuable from a technology research company, ending up with one of them thrown into a chamber and suddenly encased in a suit with the kanji for "GOD"on it. Imbued with unbelievable super strength, it turns out that the suit is a technology very similar to the Solid Suit technology. Designed for deep sea work, the suit is running out of air. If Solbrain doesn't find the hapless criminal, who's suddenly become a force for good, in four hours, he'll suffocate. But a strange cult has been looking for this chance for quite some time, and they're not ready to let their new God go!

Notes:
I make no attempt to hide the fact that I think that Nobuo Ogizawa is the best writer in Rescue Police. His stories are always amazing, and you're about to get two Nobuo Ogizawa episodes in a row. Remember what I said about his episodes having a completely ridiculous premise, and then being an amazing and touching piece about the human experience? This is one of those episodes. A pair of goofy crooks get their hands on a piece of technology -- one crook played by Inspector Rokkaku's actor from Winspector -- and suddenly the one who's been a loser all his life suddenly finds himself with the ability to help other people and get rewarded for it.

"GOD" on the chest is the kanji for "KAMI" as in Kamikura Industries, the name of the company that developed the suit. Of course, it also means GOD, which is why everyone assumes him to be the Almighty.

The Happy Come Come Cult in this episode is a mishmash of various New Religious Movements in Japan. At this point in time, it was probably a mixture of Happy Science and AUM Shinrikyo, the latter of which became infamous for the Shinjuku subway attacks many years later.

I think this episode is amazing. I hope you enjoy it,
>>
Neat! Thank you!
>>
>>15077457
>Happy Science
lol I got some stuff from them a few years back, they did some English language push and ended up with one of my press-ish contact emails
>>
Ive been meaning to get into Metal Hero for a while, what series are subbed?
>>
>>15077457
Thanks once more SO, a new Oogisawa-penned episode should hit the spot.

>>15077745
Gavan, Juspion, Metalder (although that's a mix of a few fansubs and decent HKs) and Winspector
>>
File: son, i'm proud of you.jpg (31KB, 595x424px) Image search: [Google]
son, i'm proud of you.jpg
31KB, 595x424px
Thanks, Sailor.

>>15077453
>since old reached bump limit
I'm so proud.
>>
>>15077722
Happies are pretty odd and they've approached me and friends. There was a rumor that one of the new religions had a secret worship facility in the top of a nearby building, but that doesn't make much sense because they were a legally recognized religion, so why would they need to have a secret worship facility? Unless the implication was that they have infiltrated the company. Many new religions in Japan are perceived as longterm moneymaking schemes, much like "new" religions in other countries.
>>
File: jiraiya_suinin shiruba shaku.jpg (26KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya_suinin shiruba shaku.jpg
26KB, 720x544px
>>15077457
Hahah, I remember that guy. He must be the lost brother of Suinin Shiruba Shaku from Jiraiya, LOL.

>>15077745
+ Byclosser, also recently done by Big Nova.
>>
>>15077722
>>15078133
I wonder if the Happy Happy cult in Earthbound/Mother 2 is a parody of those guys.
>>
>>15078133
I forget, they're just your basic newage alien huggers, right?
>>
File: JIBAN.jpg (71KB, 800x415px) Image search: [Google]
JIBAN.jpg
71KB, 800x415px
Is "JIBAN" a common name in Philippines?
>>
>>15078291
Byclosser isn't a Metal Hero series.
>>
>>15078676
You're 2 threads late, mate.
>>
https://fr-ca.(face in this book).com/grownupsinspandex/posts/10154504149779748?comment_id=10154504694519748&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22%7D
>that one guy suggesting someone else to ask SO about Denjiman
Doesn't he realise that he already has his hands full with MH police(and Agedama)?
>>
>>15078500
It's hippie-dippie otherkin stuff. The leader (for there's always a leader) says he is the incarnation of the True God and can channel the spirits of the prophets, including Muhammad, Jesus, and the Buddha. He can commune with the Guardian Spirits of celebrities and political figures and YOU TOO if you pay up become one of the faithful.

His ex-wife was supposed to be the incarnation of Aphrodite. But they divorced and she was expelled from the church. So he remarried the incarnation of the goddess Gaia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FxfR3lg6Q
>>
File: the_space_bob.jpg (73KB, 326x324px) Image search: [Google]
the_space_bob.jpg
73KB, 326x324px
>>15078749
neat

I should try to find some of the old Church of the Subgenius audio where there's stuff from (I think) Gavan.
>>
>>15078719
I haven't done anything with Agedama yet except for the opening song, been too busy with work and Rescue Police. I'll see what happens after Exceedraft I guess, haha. I don't know what I'll actually do after Exceed. I did download the Jiban raws so there's that. I have Denjiman also. Both are great shows.

I'm probably not going to do Sharivan and Shaider since MFC has been doing Space Sheriffs.

>>15078494
Probably, them or the Hare Krishnas.
>>
>>15078773
How are you planning to do Agedama? It's a fun show, but it's one of those comedies that are so pun heavy it seems like it would be hard to translate.
>>
File: Queen_Hedrian_Denjiman.gif (198KB, 429x800px) Image search: [Google]
Queen_Hedrian_Denjiman.gif
198KB, 429x800px
>>15078773
>I did download the Jiban raws so there's that. I have Denjiman also. Both are great shows.
Well, that does help. Plus, the latter has Machiko Soga.
>>
>>15078773
I'd love to see Jiban done. That's one I have yet to really watch.
>>
File: METAL HEROES GUIDE 1.2.jpg (4MB, 2634x4319px) Image search: [Google]
METAL HEROES GUIDE 1.2.jpg
4MB, 2634x4319px
<-- M.H.Guide v.1.2 available (hope I didn't forget anything).

Let's keep growing stronger, anons.

>>15078773
>I don't know what I'll actually do after Exceed. I did download the Jiban raws so there's that. I have Denjiman also. Both are great shows.
About Sentais, I think there are many groups doing this. Someday someone will do it.

However...

...if you want to continue with police show in a "common" way, do Jiban (but shit will get really serious only in ep.34 --> ep.52. Before that, not so much).

...if you want to continue with police show in a "different" way, do Cybercop. Except for the effects (too much "complex" for 1988), that show is great: nice plot from ep.1 --> ep.34 (and it's a smaller show). You can taste JP DVD v1-disc 1 rip here: https://mega.nz/#F!SxU01bIR!16l0FWn0cstJJSnfTixgXw.

Choose your destiny.
>>
>>15078852
I understand your feelings, anon.

BTW, best bike around: less is more.
>>
>>15078870
>Someday someone will do it.
Assuming Rampage Subs can dodge Black Cross sub ninjas, otherwise this would be the next best outcome.
>but shit will get really serious only in ep.34 --> ep.52. Before that, not so much
This reminds me, didn't J-Decker reference a certain "infamous" scene from that half of the show?
>>
>>15078841
Yeah, she's in Spielban too. A classy lady.

>>15078834
I have no idea. Probably localize but write a document on what you did and why. I remember in the dark ages when Ranma was subbed they'd do that.
>>
>>15078773
I would love, love, love if someone did Jiraya and Blue Swat.
>>
>>15078898
I have had a difficult time getting Blue SWAT and Jiraiya raws. Frumix had them but I don't think he's seeding them anymore.
>>
>>15078915
Damn that sucks.
>>
>>15078920
I agree. I actually have not watched all of Jiraiya, first time I saw it, Frumix was streaming it before the livestream of Akibaranger. Many BRs have told me how great it was. Hope to see it someday.
>>
>>15078924
As do I. Jiraiya is one of the few shows I have yet to see. Most of the others I've seen in some way or recently thanks to the efforts of people such as yourself.
>>
>>15078924
>>15078930
Pray that BunnyHat can get the raws eventually.
>>
>>15078958
I'm surprised BunnyHat doesn't have the raws honestly. Same goes for Blue SWAT.
>>
File: sad yoko.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad yoko.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>15078889
>This reminds me, didn't J-Decker reference a certain "infamous" scene from that half of the show?
I really don't know because I have watched only a few eps of J-Decker and Jiban got many weird things in the show: monsters hitting guards with needles, eletrocutions, tentatives of suicide, arm rips, torso pierced, "friends" exploding...Fucking sad.
>>
>>15078964
No, I mean Jiban's "death".
>>
>>15078930
>>15078924
>>15078898
Jiraiya is great basically for 2 things: 1) they tried to do a different show (tons of ninjas around the world, not only Japan); 2) nice use of ninja gadgets (shurikens, ropes, claws, darts, bombs, gas, disguises...). There are some "jutsus", but they use it only a few times (and it's not like "Naruto").

And there's a plus here: the actor, Takumi Tsutsui, is a great guy - like Obha/Watari with his Gavan/Sharivan - he really likes to interact with toku audience (went to Brazil, France, Philipines multiple times).

No surprise why his special guest episode in Ninninger was one of the best: he likes it.
>>
File: img56432.jpg (73KB, 678x480px) Image search: [Google]
img56432.jpg
73KB, 678x480px
>>15078974
Ohhh, man... Last time I said it here, months ago, some anons got mad. But talking about it, I try to be honest with myself: I like violence (specially Juspion and Blue Swat), but I think Toei crossed the line 3x times with that episode in Jiban: First, it was brutal for kids. Second; it was lazy for plot (the "solution" is always the same), and third, well... things start to became boring when you cheat Grim Reaper.

In general, I really like Jiban. But that episode was an exception and I don't like these "solutions".
>>
>>15079012
Sugimura had an occasional habit of that (remember that Winspector episode where Junko seemingly fell to her death, but came back with no explanation?).
>>
>>15079038
>Sugimura had an occasional habit of that...
Hell yeah.

Remembered he was also the main writer in 2nd part of K.R.Black (and did basically the same shit with poor Kotaro). Taking a quick look, the 80's / early 90's were not easy for many MCs (Jiban, Black, Yellow Four, Black Condor, Burai).

I think when a hero is almost loosing in those previsible hardcore mid-season episodes, the best way is always the "plan B": try to escape (or get saved by someone/sidekick/whatever), plan a counterattack and come back to BTFO the assholes.

It would be more acceptable.
>>
File: jiraiya tips fedora.jpg (92KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya tips fedora.jpg
92KB, 720x960px
>>15078915
>I have had a difficult time getting Jiraiya raws. Frumix had them but I don't think he's seeding them anymore.
https://mega.nz/#F!Y8cARADT!crRloBMk11dXOhc4UGRWmQ!59kV0LCb

JP DVD rip dual audio (JP + PT-BR)

Enjoy, my friend.
>>
File: jiraiya 1-6 custom.jpg (622KB, 1172x690px) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya 1-6 custom.jpg
622KB, 1172x690px
>>15079134
>https://mega.nz/#F!Y8cARADT!crRloBMk11dXOhc4UGRWmQ!59kV0LCb
And episodes here: https://mega.nz/#F!Y8cARADT!crRloBMk11dXOhc4UGRWmQ

In exchange, I want a Jiraiya 1/6 custom. :D
>>
>>15079115
>try to escape
A most reliable method.

>>15078996
It helps that Jiraiya has a goddamn giant robot, because why not.
>>
>>15079195
Filename, kek.
>>
>Metal heroes unofficial(maybe official?) general
oh thats neat.

Been waiting to start Metal Heroes after seeing all the new gavan, new sharivan and new shaider movies because i really liked them(specially Sharivan even tho is an edgy fest but it didn't feel like it was trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy).

Waiting for the Gavan blurays but i'm not sure its worth it, should i watch gavan in beautiful high definition or should wait for blurays?
>>
File: ohba.jpg (22KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
ohba.jpg
22KB, 332x443px
>>15079383
>blurays
"The first box will release on January 1, 2017 with the following box releasing on March 8, 2017. Together, the set will include all 44 episodes. The initial batch for the first box will also include a case for both volumes. Each box will cost 29000Â¥ + tax."

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/08/space-sheriff-gavan-blu-ray-box-announced/

Prepare the wallet, anon. Japanese DVD/BluRay is expensive. Watch it more, take a look at other shows, download more, then... you think again. Toei spent more than a decade to release the DVDs. Same shit will happen again with BluRay. No need to run.
>>
>>15079383
That depends. MFC will start up Sharivan later this year, so...
>>
>>15079467
Hopefully sooner then later

Gavan has been done for a few months now. They should have enough done for at least a 5 or 6 episode release at this point.
>>
>>15079478
Yeah, but they also got Dynaman in the pipeline, can't forget that.
>>
>>15079490
Oh yeah...i forget they're doing Dynaman as well.
>>
>>15078896
Animego used to have these fucking lovely liner notes in all their releases that went through all their major translation issues and choices along with a ton of trivia and background information. Best way to translate a comedy series like Urusei Yatsura IMO where a decent translation will get the basic humor across but much of the specific jokes are so culturally specific the causal viewer has zero context at what they're meant to be laughing at.
>>
on general subbery of toku that isn't the big three franchises, are there any better copies of Supaidaaman than the ancient rips I pulled from Marvel?
>>15079514
iirc on Yawara they went through and listed every way everybody referred to everybody, then basically made a series bible of how to translate it all so it remained unified through the subs
>>
>>15079518
Marvel's subs are the only ones in existence that I know of. Thanks again for ripping those by the way.
>>
>>15079525
no problem
are there even better raws out there?
>>
>>15079446
>29000Â¥ + tax."
goddamn that is fucking expensive.
You know? current quality is just fine, it feels more authentic, more real, more 80s.

>>15079467
can't they just take their old subs and put them on the blurays? shouldn't that take less time?

But they doing Sharivan is great news.
>>
>>15079383
>but it didn't feel like it was trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy
edgy means controversial for the sake of being controversial, so its either edgy or not. In this case it isn't.
>>
>>15079514
That reminds me of when ADV Films used exhaustive pop-up notes for when they put Excel Saga on DVD (as for Poemi? Best hope that you have Wayback handy for the dead website), not to mention doing similarly for Abenobashi.

>>15079518
>Yawara
Shame the R1 release didn't go anywhere.

>>15079539
It would be wise to ask MegaAnon about that.
>>
>>15079531
Three years ago someone on the BakaBT upload said there were better raws from the DVD set on AsianDVDClub.
>>
File: flower robots.png (544KB, 630x475px) Image search: [Google]
flower robots.png
544KB, 630x475px
EPISODE 31: My Girlfriend Is An Amazing Future Car

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886103

When old friends of Daiki develop a self-driving car, the Solbrain team is called over to have a look. Dozer discovers that his computer and the car's are attuned, allowing them to talk to each other without others hearing. But when thieves break in to steal the car, it reveals another trait: a thirst for revenge.

Notes: Nobuo Ogizawa wrote this episode, and it is one of my favorites in the series. An initially cute premise is suddenly turned into a terrifying and violent revenge story. Dozer is the focus for a change, but everyone on the team gets to do something cool. Check out Jun's hand to hand combat at the end. The end scene had me choked up for the reason that the song that Dozer is singing is a historical children's song with a melancholy meaning: it's about a father lamenting his dead child and pondering the fleetingness of life. Sad robots get me every time.
>>
>>15078870
I think adding the group names of series that have complete and/or active subs would be good.

I'm not sure I would agree with singling out Gavan as being dated. At least not without pointing out that Juspion has ugly, dated, and unfortunately frequent composite shots.
>>
File: C0tHWKdVQAAFSKQ.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
C0tHWKdVQAAFSKQ.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>15080103
>that entire summary
I saw it coming, but it still hurts. Still, thanks again.

Also, for those who remember SolDozer wishing to do the same things as Bikel and Walter? He gets his wish and falls in love with someone like Bikel did alright...

>>15080301
By the way, MBE put up a no-fix batch for Juspion.
https://megabeastempire.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/juspion-1-46/
>>
File: docq-perplexed.png (306KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
docq-perplexed.png
306KB, 640x476px
Oh, and it seems Bycrosser has a full batch now.
https://bignovasubs.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/kyoudai-ken-bycrosser-01-34v1-batch-torrent/
>>
File: three heroes.png (667KB, 632x475px) Image search: [Google]
three heroes.png
667KB, 632x475px
Episode 32: Hunt Down the Cop Killer!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886245

One of Daiki's friends, a patrolman, is viciously stabbed to death during a nighttime patrol. Just before, a jewelry store robbery takes place. Blame falls on a single alcoholic father with two children, but his children seem convinced of his innocence despite evidence to prove it. Can Daiki put aside his emotional responses and find out the truth?
Notes: What a great episode. A pure mystery through and through, this episode actually avoids revealing the criminal until the very end, and that conclusion -- intense. Susumu Takaku, when he doesn't want to write about birds, can really pull off an amazing script. The writing for this episode is snappy, and the police procedural and investigation is wonderfully done. Highly recommended.
>>
>>15081545
Now that's more like it, this and the bike shop owner episode are his best for the show so far. Thanks again.
>>
>>15081556
Bike shop was Sagiyama surprisingly.
>>
File: yutaka hirose.png (590KB, 623x471px) Image search: [Google]
yutaka hirose.png
590KB, 623x471px
Episode 33: When the Hero Wept

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886252

A juvenile delinquent gets out of juvenile detention and comes back, looking to settle a score with Daiki! Rounding up a gang of junior high school admirers, he falls in with an organized crime member, and is talked into unknowingly transporting a car full of explosives. Can Solbrain save him -- and most importantly, can they stop him from providing a bad example to the junior high schoolers?

Notes: It's Yutaka Hirose! He's playing a badass, of course. Junichi Miyashita, head writer of Exceedraft, writes this episode which switches things up a bit: the action is short, in the middle, and there's a long ending. Overall, a very good episode marred by a few things -- why are they playing touching music as Daiki and Jun beat up a bunch of kids?! Also, Daiki tells Jun to handle it, and is deterred by getting sand thrown at him -- but later, he kicks some ass in a fight, so it's OK, I guess.

A fun bit of trivia: RX-56 may seem like a Gundam reference, and in some ways, it may be, since it's a weapon, and Junichi Miyashita was born in 1956.

PS, guess what's next? Guess who's about to come back? Are you ready? ARE YOU EXCITED?
>>
>>15081652
damn on an uploading kick aren't ya?
>>
>>15081629
Oh right, misremembered. Speaking of goofs, when the daughter talks about her dad drinking his sorrows, it says mother instead.

>>15081662
The guy said on Twitter that he'll move later this month, so it should be done by the 19th.
>>
File: MrW5mUX.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
MrW5mUX.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>15081652
Having Hirose always helps. Also, pocket sand is an effective weapon on the fly.
>PS, guess what's next? Guess who's about to come back? Are you ready? ARE YOU EXCITED?
Dis gonna be good.
>>
>>15081685
Sweet. I can't wait til this series is done.
>>
>>15081685
Thanks. A v2:
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886256
>>
>>15081652
>>Hirose
This guy worked A LOT in 80's sentais. Eternal Wanda (Flashman) and Dr.Kemp (Liveman) --> (and a soldier in Changeman, LOL). If we dig deeper, will find him in many other shows.
>>
>>15081811
Not to mention Demon Fist Master Jin from Dairanger, probably his most well known role. He was in Winspector too!
>>
File: byclosser_blazer cannon.webm (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
byclosser_blazer cannon.webm
3MB, 400x300px
>>15081043
>Bycrosser has a full batch now.
>>15080368
>MBE put up a no-fix batch for Juspion.
NEAT.
>>
>>15081811
He was even more active in the 90s, to the point that he showed up in a Brave Series anime under a pseudonym, probably because he liked his job that much.

Of course, he also played as a minor villain in Winspector.
>>
>>15081839
>Demon Fist Master Jin
Yeah, now I remember. Holy shit... This guy really hates reds... Red Flash, Red Falcon, Ryu Ranger... He fought all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqpSDiKJh-8

Fire/Knight Fire got lucky because he was not in this episode. Otherwise, would be another red to suffer in his hands, heh.
>>
File: Knight Fire.png (567KB, 637x479px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Fire.png
567KB, 637x479px
Episode 34: To Kyushu, New Hero! Part I

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886267

Buckle up, because this is the one you've been waiting for!

Solbrain is called to Kyushu to assist with a major explosion at an industrial plant. At the same time, the son of the plant's director is kidnapped. Once the fire is contained, Solbrain begins to investigate, only to have Jun attacked by an incredibly powerful man who delivers a ransom note. Taunted by a mysterious mastermind, Solbrain finds themselves in over their head. Kyushu could be their last mission, unless... wait... who's that man in in the red armor?!

Part I of a two part turning point in the series!

Notes:
So much going on in this episode, so let's get into it! Much like Winspector's trip to Shikoku, the scenes in Kyushu (mainland Japan's westernmost island) are indeed filmed on location. Mitsui Greenland and Ricoland are real places that still exist today. The tower where the mysterious man in white (whom you will soon become very acquainted with) can still be seen today.

Bomber Honma is an actual real life performer who goes by the stage name Brutus. Usually a comedian, this role was a bit different for him. He also made guest appearances in Turboranger and Poitrine around the same time.

I know that JAKQ came up with the idea of an "additional hero" that shows up later, but 1992 was the year of "new heroes" showing up. It worked so well with Burai in Zyuranger that I think Solbrain just had to try it, and man, did it work out great.

I was actually reminded of the introduction of the White Ranger on MMPR, with Zordon acting shady working on a project (just liked Commander Masaki) until it's finally revealed they were recruiting a new-old hero.

Also, that guy in white? Pay attention to him. He's your last boss. Yes, Solbrain has a last boss!
>>
>>15081811
>>15081842
Looking forward to his appearances in Changerion, if or when Big Nova gets to it.
>>
>>15081883
Fuckin' rad.
>>
>>15081883
>I know that JAKQ came up with the idea of an "additional hero" that shows up later, but 1992 was the year of "new heroes" showing up. It worked so well with Burai in Zyuranger that I think Solbrain just had to try it, and man, did it work out great.
It helps that both shows were written by Sugimura, so the guy had experience at that point.
>Also, that guy in white? Pay attention to him. He's your last boss. Yes, Solbrain has a last boss!
The plot thickens.

>>15081866
Red Hawk, too. Thankfully he was chummy with Dag Fire.
>>
File: fansub status.jpg (154KB, 1025x459px) Image search: [Google]
fansub status.jpg
154KB, 1025x459px
>>15080301
Hi. Like this? It's possible if we just show the status of the most important part: the original tv show. However, if we also try to specify multiple fansubs for movies, v-cinemas, special guests... the guide will become extremely bulk. For this second scenario, a pastebin is more effective.
>>
File: cop bros.jpg (32KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
cop bros.jpg
32KB, 500x334px
>>15081883
>>KNIGHT FIRE
Seriously, one of the best scenes of the show.

The ironic thing is the interview Masaru Yamashita did 4-5 years ago. He said he prefered the original Fire design over Knight Fire, rah.

>>15081888
>his appearances in Changerion
>>15081910
>Red Hawk, too. Thankfully he was chummy with Dag Fire.
This guy must have some lifetime contract with Toei, heh.
>>
>>15081953
>his appearances in Changerion

Well, yeah, that's what I said.
>>
File: 'nitroguns'.jpg (215KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
'nitroguns'.jpg
215KB, 660x500px
>>15081883
>>15081953
One thing I remember is the brazilian studio changing the names. BRs called this gun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGcj4nZPNA

...NITROGUN!

LOL, great times (and feeling fucking old now).
>>
File: 1465513947930.jpg (119KB, 1273x709px) Image search: [Google]
1465513947930.jpg
119KB, 1273x709px
>>15080103
>>15081545
>>15081652
>>15081883

Based as fuck. Thanks a ton for all your work!
>>
>>15081977
Nitrogun, that's fucking badass. I like Pile Tornado but in English "piles" is another word for hemorrhoids so I can see why they changed it maybe.

>>15081953
I liked the original Fire design too, personally. I thought it was cleaner. The black makes him look like a super badass, the silver made him look like a hero.

By the way, for those of you reading and posting here, you are all wonderful people and I'm glad to be spending time with you and discussing great TV programs. Action continues tomorrow with Part II so everyone gets to watch tonight's. January 19 is my proposed completion date, but I can go as far as the 22nd if necessary.
>>
>>15081888

I liked him in his role as a random fucking extra I spotted in Juspion.
>>
File: 1480624052635.jpg (48KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1480624052635.jpg
48KB, 640x476px
>>15082156

You're a beacon of hope in a bleak landscape of shitpost generals, Sailor.
>>
>>15082248
Which episode was that?
>>
File: juspion 14.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
juspion 14.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>15082248
>>15082329
In the very beginning, just a scene.
>>
>>15081953
>lifetime contract
Not anymore. He apparently left after convincing himself that Sentai had lost its soul (one can only imagine what he must think of KR now). Only Amemiya and Inoue could get him to come back.

>>15082156
Thanks a lot, sir. You're one of the chief reasons I still bother with this board, so it's nice to honestly support such an exemplary subber.
>>
File: thanks, senpai.jpg (176KB, 551x1397px) Image search: [Google]
thanks, senpai.jpg
176KB, 551x1397px
>>15079195
Talking about Metalder, is there a decent DDL account around? By the way, was this show really 100% done or there is still those missing ep.21 --> ep.30?

Asking this because I want to unify all these eps in someplace - this show deserves more.

>>15082156
<--
>>
>>15082782
Is that Masaru Yamashita (Ryoma) on the far right also? Looks like him in profile.
>>
>>15082923
>By the way, was this show really 100% done or there is still those missing ep.21 --> ep.30?

There are crabsticks for 21-30. They're not bad for what they are.

I don't think there's a DDL yet. I grabbed it awhile back from: https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=356075
>>
>>15083069
There's where I got my copy from.
>>
>>15082973
Don't know, man. But we saw Toei using-reusing-bringing back so many people in their shows... I would not be surprised. :D

Talking about it, the girl of Solbrain ep.38 (not the nazi chick, the other one) already did Sharivan, Jiban...

>>15083069
Thanks. I'll try to download it to create a DDL, together with Juspion, making things easier for beginners.

BTW, I found yesterday Lady Battle Cop in english (http://rarelust.com/lady-battle-cop-1990/). Good dvd-rip.
>>
>>15082804
If he really did say that, I don't particularly disagree with him. Super Sentai is more or less a lumbering zombie right now.
>>
>>15083243
Totally downloading that.
>>
>>15083299
You should read that interview Gen Urobuchi did about Rider. He said Toei has gotten too "safe" with their works. They first and foremost have to sell the toys, so the story is written around the toy rather than being a story on its own. Anything frightening or objectionable is squashed before it gets to the screen. Writers are on a short leash, but they hired Urobuchi to bring back something similar to Kuuga in early Heisei days. He wanted to do something like Faiz but they told him that Faiz just wasn't possible in this day and age. Parents even complained about Gentaro's yankee pompadour because it's a "delinquent hairstyle" that could be imitatable even though Gen was super nice.

Urobuchi feels that shows these days lack "poison". As a child, you watch these exaggeratedly frightening shows, and the fear you feel prepares you for real life frightening experiences. Kids lack that "poison", he says, so when a real life frightening situation occurs later in life, people don't know how to react: they're paralyzed with fear.

It's why there's so much twisted stuff in Showa and early Heisei shows: they could get away with it back then.
>>
>>15083425
I dont entirely disagree but its not like just watching a show as a kid will prepare you for the shit irl either.
>>
>>15083425
That probably explains why TV-Asahi finally went "fuck it" and sent in Motoi and Takahashi to give Rider a little more bite again. Plus, the fact that Kyuranger possibly starting with a dictatorship is a bit of a shake-up.
>>
>>15083425
Agreed. And I started to realize this "censorship" when even some Hanna-Barbera shows are not allowed anymore in some countries (imagine old toku...). In many of them, there are no more space in tv for kids shows. Result: they killed the toys market there.

About Toei, well... suckers are just adapting themselves to this new scenario: terrible tv numbers + internet as rival + low toys sales for kids + overprotected media/parents + overpriced DVDs/BRs for oldfags.

In the very end, that's why I still watch these shows: they still have the "poison" I like (shot in the face, head rips, arm rips, nazis, blood, psychos with dynamites...).

About kids, people forgot they CAN react pretty well watching "controversial scenes" - they have been doing this since 1971...

Another issue: parents these days are too super protective. Some of them even avoid to show their old cartoons to younger people, afraid to "traumatize" kids. Serious: it's completely unnecessary.
>>
>>15083425
Seems to me the problem is that they actually listen to the asinine ramblings of parent groups trying to "protect" children that don't exist.

>>15083452
I dunno if there's more bite to it, but I don't think it's a bad idea to have someone who is invested in the show doing well on TV involved.
>>
>>15083592
I almost think that people have to "trick" Toei into letting them to Rider seriously these days.

"Look guys, fruit samurai! OK, also the fruit turns you into a monster and one eats it and has to get put down."

"Look at these derpy SD suits! OK, now we're going to kill one of them off in a brutal way."
>>
>>15083243
>nazi chick
Okay, the nazi episode must be really something else.

>>15083592
I hate them having Bo7 cancelled for that reason. They go "but it promotes bullying!" and I say, so what? So does 99% of shonen fighting series, you morons.

>>15083793
You gotta admit, it's a method that works. Now they just need to apply that to Sentai and it'd be golden.
>>
File: 1483646023045.jpg (383KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1483646023045.jpg
383KB, 2048x1365px
>>15081977
SPD fags cloned 'nitroguns' for the next Gavan movie, rah.
>>
>>15083824
To be fair, it's an awesome weapon, so who wouldn't want it recycled?. The same thing was done for the Gigastreamer, when it became the Jan Vulcan for Janperson.
>>
>>15083824
Holy shit! It IS the Pile Tornado!

I wonder if they're going to actually say that Dekaranger adapted them from Solbrain. That would be a nice nod.
>>
>>15083888
They'd be remiss not to, since these new movies are seemingly pulling from all over the MH catalog.
>>
File: gaban bootleg-estevan.jpg (57KB, 665x312px) Image search: [Google]
gaban bootleg-estevan.jpg
57KB, 665x312px
>>15083855
>>15083888
Yeah. This can be a nice "clone", so I don't have issues with it if the origin is neat. However, every fucking time I talk about it, I can't forget this 2 motherfuckers (pic)....

Man, everybody knows Toei recicles a lot in their shows. It's common. However, this was "another level" of explicit laziness: just a fucking repaint on a full suit with bad design used just 2 years earlier. Dear lord.
>>
Does anyone know if any groups are planning on doing Hikaruon, Guyferd, or Changerion?

Also does anyone know when that one group is going to start B-Fighter?
>>
>>15083965
Big Nova Subs have plans to do Changerion. As far as I know, Guyferd is still dead in the water.

Also, I thought Hikaruon had subs.
>>
>>15083981
It does?

....looks like something else I need to download/find.
>>
>>15083425
That's why were all effeminate fag losers now since TV shows babied us.
>>
File: cybercop_thunder arm duel.webm (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cybercop_thunder arm duel.webm
3MB, 400x300px
>>15083965
>Hikaruon
Done by Conclave Fansubbing. If any anon knows a DDL, it would be nice. About other shows, personally I like Cybercop much more than Changerion and Guyferd.

>>15083997
Post 2000-2001 was the age of fags in tokus. Even Tetsuo Kurata (KR Black) complained about this some years ago.
>>
>>15083582
FUCKING BERNARD MINET

>he has an official youtube channel with all his old music videos

I've never laughed so hard in months.
>>
File: lp_1.jpg (765KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lp_1.jpg
765KB, 1000x1000px
>>15084308
>>I've never laughed so hard in months.
BR got the same "official" shit. A childhood classic, but also a fucking disgrace, LOL.
>>
File: zaido-02-2007-11-10.jpg (33KB, 420x313px) Image search: [Google]
zaido-02-2007-11-10.jpg
33KB, 420x313px
>>
>>15084379
I watched 2 episodes in YT. Hiroshi Tsuburaya (Shaider actor) must be crying in heaven, hahah.
>>
>>15083964
That I think was intentional, to telegraph that Estevan was going to betray the Space Police. Viewers who remembered Gavan Bootleg would figure it out.
>>
>>15084308
I hope I get to go to France someday and meet people who remember Bernard Minet. He seems so cringey but the songs are REALLY catchy!
>>
>>15084591
That'd be cool on your part, France is THE place to go if you're an otaku and don't want to be shamed for it by being a foreigner.

Also, congrats on the Exceed ep 1 first pass.
>>
File: comicon philippines.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
comicon philippines.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>15084587
Heheh, maybe a Déjà Vu. But after so many years I can't even think about it when I see production shit like that - inside a 20 min episode, ok... but in a commemorative 1h movie... Thought it was just Toei being Toei (co$t containment).

Besides that, to me Sharivan still was the best movie of the "new trilogy". Gavan was just ok, Shaider a waste and Taizen Z was only pure random orgasmatron fanservice (I like crossovers, but not THIS kind).

>>15084591
Check it from 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-zYv4HVAcI
This fucking guy in the beginning.

Only places outside JP where I still find old jap toku actors is France (Paris Manga), Brazil (Anime Friends) and Indonesia (Comicon).
>>
File: CRIMINALS KILLED.png (684KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
CRIMINALS KILLED.png
684KB, 630x473px
Episode 35: To Kyushu, New Hero! PART II

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886493

Solbrain continues its investigation into the kidnapping of a company director's son in Kyushu with returned ally Ryoma Kagawa wearing his Knight Fire suit. What exactly are the Metal Humans, and who is the mysterious man in white who seems to be calling all the shots? A terrifying foe awaits Solbrain!

Notes:
Most of what I said about this two parter I said in the previous episode. Ryuichi Takaoka is one of the most twisted villains I can think of. He is going to be a recurring and final boss type character, and the schemes he cooks up are nothing short of brilliant -- and brutal in some cases. Ryoma returns as a cast member now, but only shows up occasionally. This episode has probably the only "monster" to show up in Solbrain, and they went all out with it.
>>
>>15084791
Word
>>
>>15084791
>This episode has probably the only "monster" to show up in Solbrain, and they went all out with it.
So much so, to the point that the prop was later reused for Ohranger. It feels very much like a final battle in a JRPG. Wonder how later episodes will top this.
>>
>>15084287
Honestly, I thought the 2000s were fine for the most part. Mid to late 2000s were probably some of the worst years for Kamen Rider though, imo.

Also, where can I download Cybercop? The dual language torrent on Nyaa has no seeds.
>>
File: 100% MAD.jpg (22KB, 704x464px) Image search: [Google]
100% MAD.jpg
22KB, 704x464px
>>15084791
>>
File: cybercops.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cybercops.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
>>15085056
>Also, where can I download Cybercop?
Grab some Megas, m8:

DVD1:https://mega.nz/#F!EoQSgITI!4476ptk9AwItTVbYJIw31w
DVD2:https://mega.nz/#F!dh0G3JBD!4heCLdWSGujl5qPT3i_qPw
DVD3:https://mega.nz/#F!95F1DRqD!X34B4WaA2qmyTW5sPo3zzA
DVD4:https://mega.nz/#F!0gU0VaBK!jvK3q2bQzQ9P9S_vea7_fw
DVD5:https://mega.nz/#F!8gN2CB4T!XC6hATd5WemoDpO68JrpCw
DVD6:https://mega.nz/#F!U19QTCqB!KRmK8hUufxHUBVbMOw1oWw
DVD7:https://mega.nz/#F!npcFzBQQ!28YQorp_vLCOVqQxZMDFTg
DVD8:https://mega.nz/#F!Oo9GULYZ!7n5xyOut1fTYfHkfH-WtEQ
DVD9:https://mega.nz/#F!Pk0lAJpL!bnWTBWDC5PPdAqoZzBk_nw
DVD10:https://mega.nz/#F!a19A0BAB!R_Y_rBdJPqHl-6OgDUl46g

For the win.

>>15078915
>I have had a difficult time getting Blue SWAT raws.
http://diskokosmiko.mx/grupoplanetsatsus/83-blue-swat-1994-30640/list,1,1

Done, boss.
>>
>>15085688
Takaoka is like 120% mad, for reasons yet to be explained.
>>
>>15085722
Eres el hombre ahorra, perro.
>>
>>15085722
Are those subbed or raws?
>>
File: cybercops_lucifer.jpg (45KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
cybercops_lucifer.jpg
45KB, 720x480px
>>15086316
<-- RAWs of the DVD + dual audio (JP + PT-BR) in ISO format (with selection screen, extras). No english subtitles, but has the special (interviews, backstage, drawings).

>>15086017
You're always welcome.
>>
File: ba1.jpg (141KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
ba1.jpg
141KB, 497x732px
>>15086014
Close enough then.
>>
>>15085722
Thanks bruh.
>>
File: exax.png (318KB, 577x247px) Image search: [Google]
exax.png
318KB, 577x247px
>>15083888
>>15083855
Is it really recycling when it's a completely new gun not using any pieces of the original at all
>>
>>15086599
Not really. I'd be surprised if the original props still exist at all.
>>
File: 1359854379280.jpg (48KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
1359854379280.jpg
48KB, 600x423px
>>15086656
Especially considering what happened to everything else
>>
>>15086691
Shit anon, spoiler that shit next time.
>>
>>15086691
This almost hurts me physically.
>>
File: gavan space thief.jpg (137KB, 774x470px) Image search: [Google]
gavan space thief.jpg
137KB, 774x470px
BIKE THREAD / GORE THREAD NOW?

>>15086909
>>15086899
>>15086691
Really sad. But look for the brighter side:

Spielban's Hovarian > Cybercop's Blade Linner > Byclosser's Gin-Kron > Jiban's Vaican > Jiraiya Storm's Bike > Juspion's Iron Wolf > Shaider's Blue Hawk >>>>> Metalder's Side Phantom >>>>>>> Ice Cream Truck > Sharivan's Motosharian > Gavan's Cyberian.

Even Gavan hates his bike and armor.
>>
File: commander.png (537KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
commander.png
537KB, 634x476px
Episode 36: The Kidnapper is the Captain!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886727

Daiki prevents a young girl from being kidnapped in Shinjuku, only to find himself accused of her kidnapping himself! Hunted by his former teammates, Daiki faces his worst nightmare of all: even Commander Masaki doesn't believe his innocence. With nowhere to run and no one to trust -- how will he get out of this and clear his name?

Notes: I won't spoil this too much, but this is an intense damn episode. One of my favorites. I know you've seen a story like this before, and I wonder if a certain pair of writers were inspired by this, since I know they watch tokusatsu and are gigantic weeaboos in general. The hardest part of this episode is seeing Commander Masaki simply turn his back on Daiki -- and the ending made me smile probably the hardest of any episode. Isn't that the kind of boss you wish everyone had?
>>
>>15087148
Fuck,it's Big One and V3!!!!
>>
>>15087110
> Ice Cream Truck ranked that low

Shit list.
>>
File: ken hayakawa.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ken hayakawa.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>15087179
They're only second best though.
>>
File: 031187106.jpg (372KB, 739x1024px) Image search: [Google]
031187106.jpg
372KB, 739x1024px
>>15086899
Could be worse
>>
>>15087148
>Notes: I won't spoil this too much, but this is an intense damn episode. One of my favorites. I know you've seen a story like this before, and I wonder if a certain pair of writers were inspired by this, since I know they watch tokusatsu and are gigantic weeaboos in general. The hardest part of this episode is seeing Commander Masaki simply turn his back on Daiki -- and the ending made me smile probably the hardest of any episode. Isn't that the kind of boss you wish everyone had?
Now that you mention it, this reminds me of a Super Robot Red Baron episode in which the hero Ken Kurenai gets framed, only in this case he is accused of murdering civilians that are really evil robots in disguise.
>>
>>15078870
>Tired of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai?
>Watch these shows that have no subs and are hard to find anywhere since making a torrent and seeding it is hard!

Thanks for the guide though I saved it so maybe when i'm 97 I can watch some of these shows subbed before I die.
>>
>>15087296
Gavan, Juspion, and Winspector are all properly subbed and soon Solbrain will be too. Janperson, B-Fighter, and Sharivan are being worked on too. So, there's a lot to look forward to.

That said though, I do think the list needs a lot of work. There's a lot of creator's personal opinions thrown in there but not a whole lot on where to actually look for the shows.
>>
File: METAL POWER.webm (395KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
METAL POWER.webm
395KB, 640x480px
>>15087296
No need to hurry, brah. More upgrades will come.

<-- We grow slowly, but STRONGER.
>>
>>15087388
Even Metalder has a concession, since it's half fansubs, and the other half being HKs for now.
>>
>>15087428
I was gonna bring Metalder up, but decided not to in case someone thought the HKs didn't count.
>>
>>15087434
>>15087428
How much of Metalder is still HK subs?
>>
>>15087444
Episodes 21 through 30 are HK subs. So, it's actually less than half.
>>
>>15087461
Not too bad. Actually less then I thought
>>
>>15087179
And Aoranger!
Hiroshi Miyauchi is a legend paralleled only by Kenji Ohba.
>>
File: black person.png (538KB, 634x478px) Image search: [Google]
black person.png
538KB, 634x478px
Episode 37: The Sad Hitman

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886774

When an underworld boss asking for Solbrain's protection is killed before their eyes by a hitman, Solbrain soon discovers that this hitman is unlike any they have ever encountered: he has a conscience. But there are others who want that hitman dead, and if Solbrain is going to save a blind girl in the hitman's care, then they're going to have to throw every resource they have into it.

Notes:
Junichi Miyashita, future head writer of Exceedraft, writes this one. To be completely honest with you, I forgot about this episode. It's a heartfelt piece about a hitman with a heart of gold, but it's ultimately very forgettable. Ryoma acts as a deus ex machina, stepping in to save the day literally and figuratively, and he also acts as an info dump. I don't like that. I think he deserves more.

There is ONE unfortunate scene in this episode that I DID remember. Blackface, Toei? Really? There wasn't ONE black person you could ask to be in your show? On a different subject though, the Rodney King police brutality beating had just occurred in the news, so this was a particularly timely scene -- it was big news even in Japan.

I'm obligated to let people know that the preview for episode 38 shown in this episode and episode 38 itself contain Nazi imagery. I know that's illegal in some countries and some people just don't like it. It is a pretty good episode though, if a bit out of theme for Solbrain.
>>
File: metalder-10-youarearobot.jpg (45KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
metalder-10-youarearobot.jpg
45KB, 512x384px
>>15087464
Too bad the actual fansubs aren't too good either. ("Arazu" does not mean "always").
>>
>>15087893
They might have gotten confused by it being written in katakana.
>>
>>15087745
>Ryoma acts as a deus ex machina, stepping in to save the day literally and figuratively, and he also acts as an info dump. I don't like that. I think he deserves more.
Goddamn it, Miyashita.
>I'm obligated to let people know that the preview for episode 38 shown in this episode and episode 38 itself contain Nazi imagery. I know that's illegal in some countries and some people just don't like it. It is a pretty good episode though, if a bit out of theme for Solbrain.
I wonder if it has to be a slight in-joke towards Masaki wearing a modded Nazi uniform for a while.

>>15087893
>>15087936
At least Metalder is guaranteed to get resubbed nowadays (just not right away for now, mind you).
>>
>>15087936
It's impossible to get that confused with anything without being a cocksucking moron who doesn't understand Japanese you brainless fuck.

>>15087893
>you are a robot, but not a robot

>YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A ROBOT

holy shit just fucking die
>>
>>15087745
What's wrong with blackface again?
>>
>>15087745
>I know that's illegal in some countries and some people just don't like it.
That's why I love the 80's-90s: people still knew the differences between fiction and reality.
>>
File: quality childrens entertainment.png (483KB, 635x477px) Image search: [Google]
quality childrens entertainment.png
483KB, 635x477px
Episode 38: The Demon that Whispered Death

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886774

A rash of suicides of young women with no explanation, followed by bizarre, unsettling supernatural-like events. Solbrain investigates, only to discover a terrifying connection: everything seems connected to a portrait of a notorious female Nazi SS concentration camp officer from the 1940s that has been brought into Japan.

NOTES:
This episode features depictions of Nazis, Nazi symbols, World War II footage, and related themes. If these are illegal in your country or if it is a sensitive subject for you, please be advised.

This episode is pretty far from the typical science theme of Winspector and Solbrain, but I do like that they never fully explain exactly what the portrait is or does. We are left to believe that it may be an evil spirit, but Masaki doesn't seem fully convinced of it. But he helps to battle Satan in Exceedraft (peripherally) so at the very least maybe he has some sort of belief.

This is a Susumu Takaku episode, and it has no birds, but it does have weird stuff in it. That being said, the writing and the mystery leading up to the final confrontation are so interesting that I really find it hard to hate it. I do feel that the "painting houses an evil spirit" idea was partially cribbed from Ghostbusters II, which was out a few years before this, but it could just be a coincidence. I'm sure opinions will vary on this episode, but it's so shocking that there is something worth watching about it. Some great cinematography in this one too, lots of roof and tracking shots.
>>
>>15088607
>Episode 38: The Demon that Whispered Death
FUCKING EDGY
>>
>>15088607
This is the last episode link. I think you meant this one: https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=886906
>>
File: Rieko Yoshikawa.jpg (223KB, 1200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rieko Yoshikawa.jpg
223KB, 1200x300px
>>15088607
In my opinion, one of the best episodes. And actress Rieko Yoshikawa got a role here too. First in Sharivan ep.5 (with Shouhei Kusaka/Jiban), then Jiban ep.32 (with him again) and Solbrain ep.38.
>>
>>15088607
>NOTES:
This episode features depictions of Nazis, Nazi symbols, World War II footage, and related themes. If these are illegal in your country or if it is a sensitive subject for you, please be advised.
It would be hilarious if the MH Wiki had a content rating like the Sentai one does. That being said, thanks as always.

>>15088634
It's a Takaku episode, what do you expect.
>>
>>15088675
>It's a Takaku episode, what do you expect.
To be honest, I don't really care who the author is (Sugimura, Soda, Arakawa, Uehara, Takaku, Kobayashi, whatever...) simply because all of them already did good and also shameless terrible plots. So, after some time, now it's pointless to me. I just watch it with no hype and feel if it's "nice" or "not" (last thing I search is the author). I think it's easier that way.
>>
>>15088754
A fair thing to do, it's kinda funner that way too.

>>15088656
>Sharivan
>MFC does that soon
Here's to hoping Jiban gets its turn at some point.
>>
>>15088342
There's no need for any of that.
>>
>>15088754
Probably true. I just include it for trivia, and that some authors tend to have stuff that is inherently their style.
>>
>>15089002
I find this stuff pretty interesting personally as it helps give a clear idea of why an episode is good or bad.
>>
File: agito-07-river.jpg (80KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
agito-07-river.jpg
80KB, 853x480px
>>15089153
In my experience, even when knowing the staff helps predict certain story or style quirks, it still isn't necessarily a reliable indicator of quality.
>>
>>15089166
It isn't, but on the other hand at least I will know who to curse at.
>>
File: marsha.jpg (17KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
marsha.jpg
17KB, 366x401px
>>15089002
More than fair, mate. I'm Just Sayin'.
>>
>>15078666
Not that I know of... (Flip here)

>>15078996
> the actor, Takumi Tsutsui, is a great guy - like Obha/Watari with his Gavan/Sharivan - he really likes to interact with toku audience (went to Brazil, France, Philipines multiple times).
I don't remember Takumi visiting the Philippines...
>>
File: comicon2016.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comicon2016.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>15090983
>I don't remember Takumi visiting the Philippines...
Should have been Indonesia, since even Ohba and Watari visited their Comicon.
>>
File: Mathilda_and_Black_Baron.gif (89KB, 840x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mathilda_and_Black_Baron.gif
89KB, 840x900px
>>15088351
Basically, people tended to use that for comedic black characters, making them look like clowns. For that reason, it's considered a shameful practice in the West nowadays.
>>
File: img5673.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
img5673.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
Downloaded the Metalder torrent and checked out quality. Acceptable to watch, but definitely not the best version to keep. Even the video resolution varies a lot (640, 560, 528, 512, 480, "Toei Channel" level of quality in some...), all of them with hardsubs.

BRs got a standardized 640x480 dvd-rip version with dual audio. If someone wants to sub it more decently in a distant future, this can be a good source (not complaining, just reporting - specially for those who didn't download it yet).
>>
>>15092433
I'm quite sure the HK episodes were softsubbed, considering I could mess with the font settings.
>>
>>15092433
That's why the torrent page contains a link to some sub files, so you can put them on better raws in the meantime.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5koamn9vcm0tb4h/Metalder_Subs.rar
>>
>>15092433
There should be links to .ass files in the description. I assume they're for the Bunny Hat raws.
>>
>>15092444
>>15092465
Re-checked now: it's softsub (at least this).
>>
File: interesting.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
interesting.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>15092477
>>
File: satan head.png (575KB, 638x477px) Image search: [Google]
satan head.png
575KB, 638x477px
Episode 39: The Dreamweaving Alien
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887391

A hopeless magician gets his hands on a wondrous piece of technology stolen from a black market gang: a device that projects a collective hallucination to people within range. While evading the gang, he uses the device to befriend a boy who believes in aliens. But there's something he doesn't know: prolonged usage of the device leads to brain damage. Can Solbrain save him -- and the boy -- before it's too late?

Notes:
Sagiyama strikes again! But I actually really like this episode -- it's hard not to. The premise may sound dumb as hell but the writing in this episode is so good. I actually really got a kick out of the story -- and it has a science element, which is what she sometimes is missing, and a great departure from Ghost Nazis in episode 38. The risk that Mizuno puts himself in for this kid is immense. Highly recommended.
>>
>>15092606
Thanks again. It's refreshing when Sagiyama can be (relatively) down to earth for a bit.
>>
File: 40end.png (685KB, 632x481px) Image search: [Google]
40end.png
685KB, 632x481px
Episode 40: Trap the Heroes

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887407

Jun is abducted by a criminal posing as a police officer. Solbrain receives an ultimatum from the kidnapper: Ryoma and Daiki are to come alone. But this turns out to be a trap! With Reiko injured, Ryoma and Daiki have to solve the case on their own -- but they discover that this kidnapper has someone working behind the scenes. Someone they know all too well!

Notes:
Head writer Noboru Sugimura writes this one. I love this episode. I knew that something was going to happen at the end, but what actually happened blindsided me. And the motive for it -- this is why I consistently say that Ryuichi Takaoka is one of the most twisted villains in tokusatsu. And I have news for you: the worst from him is yet to come.

The cinematography and writing of the ending on the roof is masterful, probably the best in the series. It reminds me so much of the end of Empire Strikes Back, a feeling of darkness yet to come as Daiki wrestles with his emotions.

After you finish watching the entire Solbrain series, go back to this episode and take a look at the entire scene where Takaoka calls Imai. The ending isn't something they just pulled out of thin air, it's shown in this episode clearly.

In other news, if you're used to skipping the opening, it has changed as of this episode to include Ryoma/Knight Fire and the Pile Tornado.
>>
>>15092783
>it has changed as of this episode to include Ryoma/Knight Fire and the Pile Tornado.
Finally. On that note, he's pretty much the Burai for this show, isn't he? He doesn't show up too often so far.
>And I have news for you: the worst from him is yet to come.
Considering what he did so far, this is saying a lot right there.
>>
>>15092847
Takaoka has one caper that's so fucked up I couldn't believe it. And he does these things just to fuck with Solbrain. He is true evil with little purpose.
>>
File: big_hijo.png (986KB, 870x870px) Image search: [Google]
big_hijo.png
986KB, 870x870px
>>15093213
>And he does these things just to fuck with Solbrain. He is true evil with little purpose.
>>
https://youtu.be/jm3y3GIcMhk
>>
File: criminal bungee jumping.jpg (42KB, 688x464px) Image search: [Google]
criminal bungee jumping.jpg
42KB, 688x464px
>>15092783
Is Takaoka the Dr.Octopus of MHs?
>>
>>15095108
Something like that. It'll be explained how he does that later.
>>
>>15083964
V-Cinema usually have very limited suit budget. If you look at the Kamen Rider ones you'll often see new forms that are just recolors or reuse many existing parts.
>>
>>15095152
I know. It's just hard to accept sometimes. Watching through a child's eyes, no trouble. But watching through an adult's eyes, well... we usually look a lot deeper.
>>
>>15095183
Is it really worse than all the other budget and production issues?
>>
>>15095183
It's all part of the charm sometimes, like noticing that spaceships are actually held by strings, or that the filming crew can be seen on the visors.
>>
File: CRASH.webm (3MB, 532x300px) Image search: [Google]
CRASH.webm
3MB, 532x300px
>>15095330
But that's "different", man. "Wired animation" in mid 80's was a technique completely acceptable in that time (technically speaking) and reflex in visor is just a minor issue even some adults can't notice (imagine a 6-7 year kid...). In both cases producers can't avoid it. However, see an entire repainted suit in a 2 year gap without any change in 2014, well... that was really easier to "fix".

But no problem, the movie is completely enjoyable.

>>15095299
Of course not. Bad plot and terrible actors are worse. However, if we take the example (Sharivan Next movie), was such a pity: best movie of the entire trilogy (fights, FXs, actors, tone) with a "weak point" like that (and so easy to fix).
>>
>>15095623
It may be something that seems easy to fix because the answer is usually something like "give them more time and money to make a new suit."

Problem is that Toei is particularly inflexible about how much time and money is spent on a production. Especially if they can't make any of it back in toy or home video sales.
>>
>>15095623
>In both cases producers can't avoid it
Surely they can just add a blur effect in post-production for the more obvious cases of reflection.
>>
>>15095672
I dunno how they would do that without it being super obvious.
>>
File: finger.png (567KB, 632x474px) Image search: [Google]
finger.png
567KB, 632x474px
Episode 41: Clash of the High Speed Machines!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887746

A pair of brothers with Formula One aspirations run an auto upgrade shop for getaway drivers. Equipped with state of the art engines and a stealth system that renders them invisible to radar and sign, they're more than a match for most police. Forced into doing a job by an organized crime boss Daiki sets out to save them before they go past the point of no return -- but in order to do so, he's going to have to match the power of the SolGallop against their best machine!

Notes: It's not a bad episode, but it's pretty forgettable. The only thing I really remembered from it was the middle finger scene and the cars spinning donuts at That Quarry at the end. It's the same quarry in Saitama where they shoot all those famous battle scenes. There is one scene where one of the Kuga Brothers looks at a Formula One poster on the wall, and it's of Brazilian Formula One legend Ayrton Senna who passed away in a tragic crash only a few years later, widely considered to be one of -- if not THE -- greatest Formula One Racers of all time. Takahiko Masuda writes.
>>
File: caulking.png (646KB, 627x472px) Image search: [Google]
caulking.png
646KB, 627x472px
Episode 42: The Gloved Hand of Vengeance

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887759

A politician promises that if re-elected that he will redesign Solbrain as a private army to aid in the defense of Japan. But his campaign is fraught with peril, suffering attacks and accidents at every turn. His campaign manager turns out to be one of Masaki's old college friends -- but his motive for serving as campaign manager is beyond anything Masaki could have imagined.

Notes:
I don't care for this episode. I find the dialogue vague and unconvincing. If you're confused, the implication here is that Ken Nakata came up with the bomb idea, but Toyama came up with the idea for the injured girl, and Ken Nakata didn't sign off on it. That's why he didn't want to use it in the campaign. I suppose it's to cement the fact that Toyama is unscrupulous even beyond trying to dismantle Solbrain and reform it as a private army in a subversion of the wording of the Constitution of Japan.

It's cool to see Masaki doing something exciting but I wished for a little more information in this episode. I think they could have done a better storyline if it had been a two parter with a little more setup than suddenly throwing people into it. Yasuyuki Suzuki, who wrote Code Veronica, co-writes this rather forgettable entry with Junichi Miyashita. Ryoma shows up at the end as a "oh yeah he's here too" and proceeds to use the Pile Tornado to make Dozer, who up until now, used his Extinguisher Beam to help, even more useless and forgotten.

But take heart, because the next episode, 43, is one of the most twisted episodes I can remember of any tokusatsu series. Takaoka's scheme is absolutely twisted. You'll love it.
>>
>>15096470
>>15096721
Are you planning to make a pack when you are finished? I hate downloading 40-50 episodes 1 by 1.
>>
>>15095735
Make the surface look blank but with some amount of shine. I don't think a weird blur is really more obvious than random filming crew showing up.
>>
>>15096470
>Pic
Is there any Sentai or KR with balls to show a scene like that nowadays? Ah, the 90's...

>Ayrton Senna
There's a lot a people in Brazil (non-toku fans to be more specific) how didn't understand that only because they didn't watch the show, only the scene.

There's even a meme BR among tokufans: they say "Solbrain hates Senna" and BR non-toku fans get mad.

Mission accomplished. Haha.
>>
File: LK72RN5.jpg (29KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
LK72RN5.jpg
29KB, 300x298px
>>15096721
>Ryoma shows up at the end as a "oh yeah he's here too" and proceeds to use the Pile Tornado to make Dozer, who up until now, used his Extinguisher Beam to help, even more useless and forgotten.
At that point, it's probably a good thing that they threw their arms and gave up, and simply had three dudes for Exceedraft. Those poor robots can't catch a break (but at least Janperson compensates for this).
>But take heart, because the next episode, 43, is one of the most twisted episodes I can remember of any tokusatsu series. Takaoka's scheme is absolutely twisted. You'll love it.
Oh boy, I can't wait!
>>
>>15097260
Exceedraft might as well have two robots for all the characterization and relevance Blues and Keace get. I can't really remember them having personalities outside of their focus episodes.

One of my favorite Exceedraft moments is when Redder goes back in time, only to follow all proper time travel protocols and manages to not fuck anything up. How many times does that happen in fiction?
>>
>>15097267
>I can't really remember them having personalities outside of their focus episodes.
Does Toei somehow have more trouble writing for only three MCs than anything else? Sun Vulcan also has this problem (granted, some later Sentai with initial three-man teams fare better, but still). In any case, sasuga Miyashita.
>One of my favorite Exceedraft moments is when Redder goes back in time, only to follow all proper time travel protocols and manages to not fuck anything up. How many times does that happen in fiction?
That's pretty refreshing, considering the usual results.
>>
>>15096771
Yes, there will be a batch.
>>
File: img5764.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
img5764.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
Next episode with Marsha/Lami.
>>
>>15097433
Dis gonna be good. It's not gonna end well for her at all, is it?
>>
File: reiko.png (465KB, 630x474px) Image search: [Google]
reiko.png
465KB, 630x474px
Episode 43: The Woman with Two Faces

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=887995

While stopping a bank robbery, Reiko pursues a female suspect who shoots a child during her getaway. Shortly after, the woman reappears with a completely different personality -- a perfect angel who helps the elderly and cares for orphans. An act? A twin? Or something much darker? The shocking truth will haunt Solbrain forever in what may be the darkest and most twisted episode of the series.
Notes:
I stopped working on this show for a few days after seeing this episode because I found it so twisted. It's an amazing episode, maybe my favorite of the series. Ryuichi Takaoka's scheme here is perhaps one of the most horrific I can imagine, particularly how he goes about it. He not only does what he does -- he TELLS the person that it's been done. You will notice that there is very little power suit action in this episode. Also note that they mention that she had no priors, and later they call her a murderer. That means the child that she shot died.

By the way, the actress that plays Ritsuko Harashima is Ami Kawai, the same actress that plays Lami from Zyuranger, also known as Scorpina from the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

If you watch one episode out of this whole series, I recommend you watch this one. I really want to hear what you think about this one, so please let me know.
>>
File: ONORE.jpg (14KB, 608x416px) Image search: [Google]
ONORE.jpg
14KB, 608x416px
>>15098497
Takaoka ONORE...
>>
File: come to bed, anon.webm (942KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
come to bed, anon.webm
942KB, 400x300px
>>15098497
Bad guys controlling/making foes acting against their own judgment was already used a lot, probably in all shows. The differential part here was the "detective" one.

Talking about "controlled evil characters", no one beats Hellvira from Spielban - this is the essence of her. And the siren that active her into a killing machine in the middle of night was spooky.
>>
>>15098497
Well, that was something else. It's not very often at all that you get a situation in which the heroes somehow succeed and lose at the same time like this. While it's a relief that Ritsuko lived and can start over, she basically has a personal mental purgatory for the rest of her life. I don't think anything else Takaoka will do can top this, Jesus.

Pretty good episode though.
>>
>>15098708
>tfw this will happen all over again for the Deka/Gavan crossover
Poor Sherry, she doesn't deserve this.

That being said, it would be interesting to see what SO would say about her if he decided to sub this particular show.
>>
File: HELLVIRA.jpg (243KB, 875x395px) Image search: [Google]
HELLVIRA.jpg
243KB, 875x395px
>>15098750
>>happen again
To be honest, I don't think so... We all know japs don't give a shit for continuity in these messed crossovers, but the detail here is the armor. She has some monster parts now (claws, the deformed mouth). I think it'll be just a generic monster using Waller's Empire suit tech/powers. Same shit for the new Benikiba (younger actress, will probably be a successor). But it's too soon, we can just try to speculate.
>>
>>15098816
A fair point. Then again, Benikiba was never really confirmed to have died, was she? Fair excuse to have a descendant or whatever.
>>
File: getting the fuck out.jpg (48KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
getting the fuck out.jpg
48KB, 720x544px
>>15098830
Yes, she's still alive: ran away during the last battle, lol.
>>
File: img3436.jpg (92KB, 1600x838px) Image search: [Google]
img3436.jpg
92KB, 1600x838px
>>15087296
We are also creating a pastebin... Relax. And we got 6 shows completed (counting Solbrain as done), 2 movies and 1 active project... Come on.

>>15097406
Hey, Sailor. I'm finishing a long file with DDLs. I got your Winspector Mega account, but don't have the Solbrain files. Do you have any intent to create one? If not, let me know (if necessary, I can create one).

By the way, Bunny Hat Jiban's RAWs are down. Thank god I downloaded it.

>>15083990
>Hikaruon movie
If you (or anyone else) find a DDL somewhere, please tell me (I'm at work, can't use torrent).
>>
>>15099698
I haven't done a Mega, and the Winspector episodes in the Mega account are actually the pre-edit ones. Torrent ones have lots of corrections.
>>
>>15099698
I never did find a copy of it. The only one i could ever find was the raw on Nyaa.
>>
>>15099698
https://mega.nz/#!ehcA3IzJ!5neBJFaeBjBmAzUrneoKeJlt4AoovTwO6f7GxkwYK3s
>>
File: tokugod.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tokugod.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>15100369
>https://mega.nz/#!ehcA3IzJ!5neBJFaeBjBmAzUrneoKeJlt4AoovTwO6f7GxkwYK3s
Neat, anon. Tokugod bless your post.
>>
>>15100559
Ditto with this post
>>
File: steal your stuff.png (466KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
steal your stuff.png
466KB, 625x469px
Episode 44: The Thief and the Old Doctor

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=888327

When a thief encounters an old man during a break-in, the two forge an unlikely friendship. The old man turns out to be a scientist and gives the thief a special telekinetic headgear to make stealing easier. But when an organized crime group witnesses the power of the headgear, they decide to take it for their own -- and the old doctor with it! Now it's up to the thief... does he leave the old man to his fate, or does he risk arrest by notifying the authorities?

Notes:
I really like this episode. Nobuo Ogizawa writes, and it's his signature style: a seemingly silly plot point being strongly about the human experience. This one is how people connect to one another in the strangest of ways.
>>
>>15101190
Thanks SO, just the right kind of episode to follow up a freaky one.
>>
File: pile tornado vs beats by dr.dre.jpg (148KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pile tornado vs beats by dr.dre.jpg
148KB, 640x480px
>>15101190
Bunch of psychos stealing mental gadgets for crime.
>>
>>15101273
This is an interesting subversion of the usual tendency to have the hero on the right side of the screen. I suppose it's supposed to be more like a video game.
>>
>>15099698
I'm going to update the DDL with the correct updated versions of WSP. I'll try to do one for SRS once I finish with the series.
>>
File: stop, in the name of law.jpg (58KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
stop, in the name of law.jpg
58KB, 800x500px
>>15102363
Nice. A friend of mine downloaded almost all soundtracks from the MH Guide (Gavan to Guyferd). I'll just organize it to put into a Mega too.
>>
>>15102391
Wow, Daiki hasn't changed much at all. Neither of them have, really. Ryoma let his hair grow out but that's about it.
>>
File: winspector_2009.jpg (43KB, 560x581px) Image search: [Google]
winspector_2009.jpg
43KB, 560x581px
>>15102391
I don't have the date, but this shot I believe is from 2000-2002. Most recent was from 2009, during the launch of Winspector's figuarts (pic).

In time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLFocu8tYz8

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't know if this record is from the official 2010's DVD or not.
>>
>>15102513
The by: Mitsuru Onodera seems to suggest that Kamekichi's actor made it himself. Also, you can see some of the scripts, which are great, because those are the same ones I own. Takaoka is in the video, too.

The scene from the ending where Dozer slaps Kamekichi on the back shows he very nearly ACTUALLY FELL before the freeze frame.
>>
File: Toshi Egashira.jpg (34KB, 320x299px) Image search: [Google]
Toshi Egashira.jpg
34KB, 320x299px
>>15102525
Yeah, I imagine that because even the original JP DVDs don't usually have this type of extra (only pictures, small texts, one-or-two drawings). Maybe Toei wake up and make something better for the BluRays, like they are doing now with Gavan ("just" more 20 years waiting).

Talking about backstage, I don't know if you know, but people usually think Haim Saban has a lot of shit from Toei. Well actually he has, but his focus is Sentai stuff from '92 --> today. If we want to dig into MH, Toshihiko Egashira from Everest Video (the licensed Toei distributor for Brazil) is the real deal: he STILL has the masters/U-Matics of many shows, including one of the Juspion armor, Spielban weapons, Cybercops armors... even the SolBraver helmet, lol.
>>
>>15102815
You'd think that since they charge as much as they do for whole series they would at least add a few more things to sweeten the deal a little. But nah.

To be a little fair to Toei though, they are far from the only company that has these ridiculously inflated prices on home releases.
>>
>>15102815
Wow, he's got Poitrine stuff too. Did that get released in Brazil?
>>
>>15102927
Yeap. Dubbed as "Patrine" for the "third batch" of toku in Brazil (after KR Black+Maskman+Byclosser, together with Winspector+RX, both in 94, then Solbrain in 95). Chicks like her; the guys, not so much, heh.
>>
File: jiban_focus_pt-br.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jiban_focus_pt-br.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
>>15102917
Agreed. But in this case I prefer to complain about JP in general: toku, animes, movies... Their home video market is fucking bizarre, even the old DVDs. Gavan BD, for example, will be a stab in the back. They need to bring A LOT of cool stuff to justify those prices (of course, they won't). In Brazil, a licensor called Focus made many DVDs in the last decade. However, I think quality varied much (Juspion was just ok, Jiraiya was terrible, Jiban was good...).
>>
>>15103074
Circumstances like this make me miss BCI Eclipse. Even if their sets never had much, they would always have these little booklets filled with info you would otherwise not know about for the show in question.
>>
Look what someone just put on Nyaa...

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=888632

The Complete Kikaider Anime in dual audio
>>
>>15103216
Pretty cool. All that's left now is for somebody to resub Metalder, and just about everything Kikaider-related will be done!
>>
>>15103602
Yep. Though for now I can deal with half HK subs if that means i can watch Metalder.
>>
File: explosion.png (578KB, 631x476px) Image search: [Google]
explosion.png
578KB, 631x476px
Episode #45: The Target is the Little Witness

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=888684

Daiki heads to the mountains to persuade a girl to testify in a police murder case. But the killer follows him and attempts to silence the witness. Fleeing without the SolGallop and unable to Plus Up, Daiki, the girl, and her caregiver are on the run in the wilderness. A terrible secret awaits -- and the killer is on their trail.
Notes:
Yasuyuki Suzuki makes a better offering this time than his previous episode, but ultimately it's still a mostly forgettable episode. It's got some nice camerawork and it's filmed on that bridge in the national park where almost every tokusatsu show has filmed some episodes. You will certainly remember it from Winspector, and in the Gavan movie where Retsu and Geki fought.
>>
>>15103937
It would help if the premise wasn't similar to a Winspector episode. Thanks again though.
>>
File: comfy.png (610KB, 634x437px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
610KB, 634x437px
Episode 46: The Genius Inspiration Machine

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=888685

A boy named Tohru witnesses a thief breaking into his grandfather's science lab to steal an invention, but breaks it in the process -- an invention that Tohru had previously used on himself. Now, Tohru appears to have a perfect memory! When the Solbrain team close in on the thief, they discover something surprising: this thief has no scientific knowledge. Someone's behind this crime, and it's up to Solbrain to find out who before they return to finish the job!

Notes:
Head writer Sugimura writes this episode, and finally -- someone knows what to do with Ryoma other than have him show up to save the day. Ryoma is in this episode from start to finish and helps quite a bit with the investigation. I have the feeling Sugimura told his writers, "Put Ryoma in," but nobody knew what to have him do, so he shows up and is actually in this episode from the beginning. This episode actually has a brief comedy subplot of Jun trying to remember the combination to his locker. I like stuff like that. I think that comfy scenes like Solbrain in their off time is enjoyable and brings interesting characterization to the cast. But maybe that's because I'm an adult. A kid wouldn't care about them drinking coffee or cutting up or gently teasing Jun for his forgetfulness. A pretty good episode.
>>
>>15103937

Toei wants to blow up that bridge so bad. They must have succeeded since they don't use that location anymore...
>>
>>15104006
oh, that explains it.
>>
>>15104006
It's still there, they just must not film on it much these days.
>>
File: juspion 12.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
juspion 12.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>15103937
Ep 45 was better than 46. Bridge + dynamites > another stolen invention + boring kid. And I think all 80's MHs (+Sentais +KR) used this location at least one time. Together with "Toei's quarry" and that old red brick building, it's another toku historical site, heh.
>>
>>15105057
An interesting bit of trivia about that quarry: the stones they extract from it are in some cases placed in the nearby forest as a natural monument/park. That's where they film the scenes with the huge stone monoliths, most notably the Helheim forest scenes.
>>
>>15105057
Supaidaman (many, many times), Zubat and Kikaider have also used it.
>>
>>15103074
>They need to bring A LOT of cool stuff to justify those prices

The only justification that they really need is that the domestic market is willing to pay those prices.
>>
File: destination = toei's quarry.webm (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
destination = toei's quarry.webm
3MB, 400x300px
>>15105157
>>Toei's Quarry
Take a look at "toeiquarry" in tinyurl.

>>15105243
As a company, obvious. But I was talking as an old buyer who respects my sweaty money and don't falls for overpriced nostalgia in a case. Show is great, but we also need common $en$e.
>>
>>15105324
That's one of them, but not the main one. The main one's in Tochigi Prefecture.

On Google Maps, search for IWAFUNEYAMA

They call it the Iwafunesan Cliff Stage (岩舟山クリフステージ)

It is unfortunately not open to the public as far as I know.
>>
>>15105324
From what I can tell, most television shows in Japan are very expensive if you want to obtain physical copies of them. Most people don't.
>>
>>15105390
Plus DVD rentals are still a thing in Japan.
>>
File: thanks, m8.gif (499KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
thanks, m8.gif
499KB, 280x180px
>>15105387
>Iwafunesan Cliff Stage
Thanks, I was searching it some years ago, but didn't find the exact place of the shot. There's a french blog (http://www.space-sheriff.fr.st/) with another old sites used by Toei in the 80's - like that fucking dam in Spielban, Sharivan, Jiraiya, Jiban.
>>
>>15105459
All those places are really close to each other interestingly. The dam is just a short distance away on the river.
>>
>>15105554
I wonder if there's tour groups for Hero Show locations.
>>
>>15105621
I'd love to walk around some of Toei's iconic filming locations like that grassy cliff side they use in basically every show.
>>
It seems that your vid is getting popular, SO.
https://twitter.com/_fanfanny_/status/819896626621784065
>>
File: machineman hq.jpg (212KB, 583x697px) Image search: [Google]
machineman hq.jpg
212KB, 583x697px
>>15107611
lol, the guy exhumed the brazilian Machineman HQ (crossover with Sharivan), haha.
>>
File: prankt.png (588KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
prankt.png
588KB, 640x474px
Episode 47: What a Trainwreck! The Fortune Telling Squad

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889151

Jun accidentally makes an enemy of a goofy pair of fortune tellers, and one of them promises revenge on Solbrain. When they try to stage a prank on Solbrain, it backfires on them, and they find themselves involved in a crisis. Can Solbrain prevent this unforeseen tragedy before it claims their lives?

Notes:
Nobuo Ogizawa's last episode of the series, and it's very entertaining. They practically ship Jun with the fortune teller, to the point that he even calls Shohei "little brother" in one scene. And that scene where she tells him he'll never get a girlfriend -- can you ship them any harder?

The police work is clever, and the episode is genuinely very funny, particularly her "daydream" about getting revenge on Solbrain. Shohei is played by Yellow Racer from Turboranger appearing again in Rescue Police, by the way. You'll notice that at the end, she's offering a discount that's actually 50 yen higher than her previous discount price. Ryoma unfortunately shows up without a word at the end, however to save the day after Dozer is useless. That's unfortunate.

The end narration you may be curious about -- the episode ends with a tanka, which is a form of Japanese poetry. I wrote a short haiku that conveyed the meaning. A tanka, I found, would have had too many syllables (jiamari) to say what needed to be said. Enjoy a fun episode.
>>
>>15107728
Thanks again, sir.
>Ryoma unfortunately shows up without a word at the end, however to save the day after Dozer is useless. That's unfortunate.
Being SolDozer is suffering.
>>
File: LOL.jpg (29KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
29KB, 400x284px
>>15107728
LOL, good episode.

>>15107752
>Being SolDozer is suffering.
Dozer should have stopped the car like Jiban always do with trucks.
>>
File: how to stop enemy vehicle.webm (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
how to stop enemy vehicle.webm
2MB, 400x300px
>>15107912
>like Jiban always do with trucks.
>>
>>15107912
It would help if most of the writers stopped using Ryoma like he's Gekko Kamen/Moonlight Mask, Zubat or whomever else.

That aside, it's good to have some Ogizawa fun before things get tense pretty soon.
>>
>>15107912
Yeah, even Bikel and Walter could stop cars, and they're HALF Dozer's size.
>>
File: dbz fight.png (575KB, 628x476px) Image search: [Google]
dbz fight.png
575KB, 628x476px
Episode 48: Dad Went Missing Again Today

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889254

A boy's father shows up after being at work for over six months without returning home. But late that night, the father undergoes a terrifying transformation. Something bizarre and dark is transpiring at Holiday Industries, and Solbrain has to get to the bottom of it before it's too late.

Notes:

Last Sagiyama episode for this series, and it's a bit of a stinker, to be honest. There's no Ryoma, the plot doesn't make much sense -- why would an electromagnetic beam cause people to mutate -- and numerous other things I could nitpick. That kid sure does love to fish, doesn't he? Dad, you just mutated into a horrifying monster, let's go fishing! Some good makeup effects and a creepy atmosphere though. With a little refining this could have been a really good episode. I think if the episode had more time to build up and more time to end it would have been a lot better. But unfortunately, this episode reminds me a bit of the werewolf episode with Mr. James Bond from early in the series. Also, what's up with Daiki almost running over kids? How many times has he nearly done it in this show? Not counting the one time he did it in a nightmare.

There's a couple of mediocre episodes before we get to the end. Next one is quite possibly the dumbest one in the entire series. Sorry, folks.
>>
>>15107933
My suspicion is that they didn't decide to put Ryoma in until midway. The scripts that the writers wrote were already turned in (scripts get handed in fairly early and then re-arranged as needed), so Ryoma wasn't originally in them and got added later in rewrites.
>>
File: this won't end well.jpg (241KB, 640x1980px) Image search: [Google]
this won't end well.jpg
241KB, 640x1980px
>>15108489
I freaking knew Sagiyama was going to slip up sooner or later. Let's hang tough though, at least the final arc with Takaoka's coming.
>Next one is quite possibly the dumbest one in the entire series. Sorry, folks.
Aw, fug. The co-writer is holding down Sugimura for this one, isn't she?
>>
File: work until you become a monster.jpg (26KB, 652x480px) Image search: [Google]
work until you become a monster.jpg
26KB, 652x480px
>>15108489
These japs, man.
>>
File: juspion 27.jpg (53KB, 620x480px) Image search: [Google]
juspion 27.jpg
53KB, 620x480px
>>15108489
I didn't notice before, but the weapon is just an upgraded version of Mad Gallant's soldiers from Juspion, heheh. Trying to match Pile Tornado? These criminals are amateurs.
>>
>>15108523
That's definitely the pro-social value Sagiyama was trying to put into context. Death from overwork.
>>
File: the team.png (556KB, 555x413px) Image search: [Google]
the team.png
556KB, 555x413px
Episode 49: I Love You, Bad Boy!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889302

A boy and a girl keep ditching school and showing up at Solbrain HQ. One day, they stop showing up. A short time later, the girl seeks out Solbrain for help: somehow, the boy has attended a cram school that uses hypnosis to enforce rules and morals and become a serious kid overnight! Soon after, every kid in the school is attending the cram school, and becoming serious. A sinister force is working behind the scenes, and it's up to Dozer to stop it.

Notes:
This episode was, I believe, written by Haruko Asatsuke, a writer and producer of such films as A Farewell to the Land, The 19 Year Old's Map, and The Youth Killer. Unfortunately, it's not a great episode, and I suspect that there were some changes made to the final script. What's with that scene with Dozer looking off into the playground while melancholy music plays as if remembering kids who died? I have this feeling that one or both of the kids was supposed to die, but they couldn't get that to happen. There's also the matter that the machine was blown up, so we have no idea if Yoshihiko ever got made normal again.

There's a joke in here I localized. When Mariko enters Solbrain at one point, the team says, "Mata?" as in "Again?" -- her response is, "Minna matta?", a play on words that means, "You were all waiting for me?"

The song that's sung over and over is a playground verse that really has no defined origin, but in Japan, Genghis Khan is a grilled lamb meat dish popular in Japan's far north, so named because the Mongols are thought to have favored lamb. The song's tune is taken from the German group Dschingas Khan (the same group that the Moskau meme from about 10 years ago came from) in a song called, appropriately, Genghis Khan.
>>
>>15108937
Less then 5 episodes to go....
>>
File: reiko and daiki.png (690KB, 635x472px) Image search: [Google]
reiko and daiki.png
690KB, 635x472px
Episode 50: The Devil Dog Born of Hope

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889314

A woman collapses while jogging and dies overnight, her body completely mummified. Solbrain investigates and discovers that she was bitten by a dog. Somehow, a war in the Middle East in which insurgents have obtained biological weapons has come to Japan. It's a race against time to find an experimental animal and obtain the antibodies before Japan falls victim to a biological plague.

Notes:
I'm not totally sure, but I suspect this is the same trained German Shepherd they used for Aleck, Masaki's dog in Winspector, and before that in Shaider. The story here is actually pretty slick. Writing is good, and the stakes are very high. With a Middle Eastern rebel attempting to take over his country by overthrowing the Republic of Lazania (great name, by the way, sounds delicious), this is one of those "ripped from the pages of the newspaper" storylines, as the Gulf War and Saddam Hussein's biological weapons was a concern at this time.

There's a scene where a dog gets killed. Aren't they not supposed to show stuff like that? It happens, and it's a nice introduction to immunology for kids who watch and are traumatized by it.

Another filmwriter, Mayumi Ishiyama, writes this one.

The next three episodes are the three part finale of Super Rescue Solbrain. Hope you're looking forward to it!
>>
File: sad.jpg (70KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
70KB, 400x300px
>>15108959
>Less then 5 episodes to go....
>>
>>15108937
>SolDozer ep, and it's a turkey
He deserves better than this, but at least the succeding episode's better.

>>15109042
>Republic of Lazania (great name, by the way, sounds delicious)
Hah, gotta admire the creativity there, I suppose.

>>15109165
No worries, anon, there's still Exceedraft (although with 90% less Masaki).
>>
File: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (12KB, 652x480px) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
12KB, 652x480px
>>15109042
>Episode 50
Press 'F' to pay respect. :(
>>
I heard some people are having difficulty playing subs on ep 50, anyone experienced that?
>>
>>15109654
I'm having issues

No subs are showing up at all
>>
Updated subs for 50: https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889369

Let me know if any problems.
>>
>>15109909
>https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889369
This one works. Thanks
>>
File: takaoka.png (592KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
takaoka.png
592KB, 635x478px
Episode 51: Super Rescue: Disbandment Order!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889588

An upgraded Braver suit is mass produced, scheduled to be distributed to police departments in all the major cities of Japan. At the same time, Solbrain will be disbanded and reformed as a national organization under the National Police Organization, the body that oversees all police activity within Japan. Since the Solbrain team is experienced in the use of the Solid Suits, they are assigned to oversee the usage of the suits nationwide -- which means splitting them up to cover the whole country. As each team member reminisces about their time with Solbrain, Takaoka prepares to unleash his final attack and wipe out Solbrain once and for all, before they can escape his wrath!

Notes:
The beginning of the three part finale to Solbrain. This, like the end of Winspector, is mostly a clip show that reminisces the major moments for each character. It's very well written and has a realistic portrayal of each character's reaction to being split up. Insert songs are played over each character's scenes. This three parter features a twisted scheme by Takaoka and Solbrain's efforts to stop him before they split up. It's good, so enjoy!
>>
File: it must be.........takaoka!.jpg (24KB, 652x480px) Image search: [Google]
it must be.........takaoka!.jpg
24KB, 652x480px
>>15111420
>Episode 51
>>
File: bothwinder.png (480KB, 628x471px) Image search: [Google]
bothwinder.png
480KB, 628x471px
Episode 51: Super Rescue: Demolition Order!

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889664

The sinister Ryuichi Takaoka attempts to destroy Solbrain only months before their scheduled disbandment. By somehow recreating a murder that occurred 20 years ago, Takaoka attempts to infuse the poison of distrust and hatred in those still affected by the crime decades later. This time, it could lead to the destruction of Solbrain's HQ, unless the team can prevent it! Time is ticking away, Solbrain!

Notes:
Takaoka's plan is vile beyond belief: to destroy a family by sowing mistrust within them. This is a great episode. I wish that Rescue Police would come back and have hour long episodes to fully set up a crime -- I think these multi part episodes do a great job of allowing for more complex schemes like Takaoka, and that guy, like Moriarty, is always thinking one step ahead.

Next episode is the series finale. One more before we have to bid a final farewell to Daiki, Ryoma, and the others.
>>
File: img985.jpg (59KB, 700x548px) Image search: [Google]
img985.jpg
59KB, 700x548px
>>15111888
"Detectively" speaking, this last plan of Takaoka was not only the best, but also a real elaborated one - specially if we consider this show as easy entertainment for kids, not "real thriller for adults". Pretty impressive. Too bad toku plots nowadays are flat like a paper sheet.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.