[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got around to watching Legends of Galactic Heroes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: legendofgalacticheroes.jpg (82KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
legendofgalacticheroes.jpg
82KB, 800x513px
I finally got around to watching Legends of Galactic Heroes, and I must say that I am greatly enjoying it. Are there any other mecha related media that is about political, economical and military intrigue
>>
>>15077379
Watch Fang of the Sun Dougram. It's not quite as political as LoGH since they still had to focus on selling robots to kids, but there's a lot of great stuff in there about how economics can fuck with the war and politics. It's pretty much Vietnam with gundams. By the end of the show it gets to the point where the protagonists with their one robot can't really do anything to stop the gears of politics from turning. I've heard simmilar things about Takahashis other works Flag and Gasaraki, but haven't seen them.

Patlabor has some political stuff in it, particularly in the movies.
>>
Wing has a fair amount of politics, though not of the "realistic" type, and it's also Wing so your mileage will really vary
00 S1 has quite a bit of politicking in it, mainly of the post-9/11 type
Moretsu Pirates is more about the military type of intrigue, but it's far closer to slice-of-life with space piracy on the side
Heavy Object has some politics in it that run things behind the scenes
G-Tekketsu is all about changing the political order of the world via getting a business startup off the ground and fawning over how awesome the peace princess is

You could also try Tytania, it's by the same author who wrote LoGH but apparently the anime wasn't that good (doesn't help that he never bothered to finish writing it).
>>
>>15077438
>wing
>""politics""
Please spare me. I am watching this shit RIGHT NOW. It does not have politics- not even close. It attempts to provide reasoning for some of the actions of the colonies, but other than that OZ's primary motivation for smashing shit is basically that it's stronger than the UESA, no more.
>>
File: a88 4.png (142KB, 299x298px) Image search: [Google]
a88 4.png
142KB, 299x298px
>>15077379
Watch Area 88. It's one of the best written war dramas I've ever seen. And make sure you watch the OVA, the TV series is mediocre.
>>
>>15077636
Not really political at all but a super solid rec for a follow up to LOGH nonetheless, good job anon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.