[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on New Sub Group "XIG"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: Shocker Rider.png (385KB, 610x476px) Image search: [Google]
Shocker Rider.png
385KB, 610x476px
Recently a group or dude named XIG Subs has been doing Ichigo and is already on ep 75.
I saw Champise of MegaBeast Empire bitching that people would rather take XIG over KITs "Quality" subs.
Your thoughts, /m/?
>>
>>15077103
Honestly I'm just glad we have subs for the them now, classic Kamen Rider is one of the best in the franchise (somehow). I'm more disappointed KissAsian is not uploading them.
>>
>>15077103
>>15077127
>KitSubs doesn't release anything for almost a year
>XIG comes out of the blue, does the next 30+ episodes and movies
As KitSubs catches up, I'll replace my XIG eps with theirs.
>>
>>15077127
>>15077377
I agree with you guys. But What do you all think about other sub groups bitching at the fact he's able to be so quick?
>>
File: compare1.png (1MB, 1282x601px) Image search: [Google]
compare1.png
1MB, 1282x601px
They're actually more accurate than KitSubs, since they're using captions. KitSubs made some really silly mistakes, and undertranslations, because ear translating can be hard.
>>
File: compare2.png (1MB, 1286x602px) Image search: [Google]
compare2.png
1MB, 1286x602px
But KitSubs is really amazing, with their 887 km/h ship.
>>
>>15077465
So all KIT has to do is go back and touch up their old episodes with the captions, so what? You said so yourself that ear translating can be hard.
>>
>>15077456
>What do you all think about other sub groups bitching at the fact he's able to be so quick?
Like who?
>>
>>15077456
I've only seen one subber complaining. And I don't give a shit since having a good release pace is a good thing and I found nothing wrong with the subs other than an accidental suffix.
>>
File: 1343193878172.jpg (264KB, 928x515px) Image search: [Google]
1343193878172.jpg
264KB, 928x515px
>>15077103
>Ichigo
>>
>>15077573
Unless one is a trained veteran, at least.
https://curiouscat.me/MegaAnon/post/64630425?t=1483369723
>>
>>15077456
either they put out or don't complain
>>
I hate hardsubs and the fact the video source is kind of shit compared to Kits but I'm glad the translation is accurate and not overblown faux dramatic and above all else is actually being fucking done after years of KIT doing fuckall
>>
>>15077103
The subs are pretty good overall. The phrasing is sometimes a little dry but I can't really fault him for that - it's a kids show, the words and its phrasing are simplified. Discotek's subs for Toei Mazinger (which were provided by Toei) for example have that same problem.

Whether better or worse than KIT's more liberal approach is a matter of opinion. Personally it doesn't bother me, it hasn't ruined my experience.

>>15078049
>and the fact the video source is kind of shit compared to Kits

The video source is the exact same as KIT.
>>
>>15077582
The guy Champstice from MegaBeast Empire is the only predominate one I can think of but I've seen other people in Discord chats who have been complaining.
>>15078162
I agree, but a easy insult I've seen is "They must be using Google Translate to sub" which pisses me off a bit.
>>
Google Translate is useless in translating Japanese anyway. Just go give it a try.
>>
>>15077103
>Ichigo
Garbage thread
>>
>>15079013
*Ichigou
There ya damn bugman weeb.
>>
Slow groups have a history of being sniped when they take for granted their "stake" in a project.
If anything, this should be an incentive for KIT to get off their ass and do more KR.
>>
>>15078655

>Discord chats

Well there's your problem, you're hanging out with those awful people
>>
>>15079319
The only shit one was the KR Subreddit but it got Nuke'd after the owner got salty.
>>
>>15079223
Since Ichigou is practically done, hopefully KIT will finish Akumaizer 3
>>
>>15079223
Either that or the disease Jeeg currently has.
>>
>>15078764
>Google Translate is useless in translating Japanese anyway. Just go give it a try.
Don't mind if I do!
>Wu Hong Kong human variation. "It is interesting to rape," while riding a minister.

This is the opening narration for Kamen Rider.
>>
>>15079590
>Wu Hong Kong human variation. "It is interesting to rape," while riding a minister.
I want to watch this show. It sounds like that Meatball thing by the Shin Godzilla design guy.
Like, "Wu Hong Kong: Human Variation" and then the main character Wu Hong Kong (who has undergone the Human Variation process but rebelled against the Evil Organization) rides in on his motorcycle body horror sidekick who is also a minister and then he says his catchphrase: "It is interesting to rape."
>>
File: titan houseplant.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
titan houseplant.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>>15077103
Groups speedsubbing shows to finish them makes me nervous because it tends to drain people's motivation to sub it properly once it's already been "done".
I've seen this kill off perfectly good scanlation projects and it's depressing as shit. You can argue that it's better than having nothing at all, but often it just means both the fans and translators lose interest once the completed show has been discussed and nobody goes back and does a better job. I don't think it's a good thing for a fanbase in the long run.
>>
>>15078049
>I'm glad the translation is accurate
Lol. No way it's translated accurately if they're putting it out this fast. These faggots are just doing it for the epeen. They don't care about quality.
>>
>>15079975
>>15080010

Good translators can finish a 30 minute episode in an hour, as long as it's very well timed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMERJTur_jI

There's no rule that you must release only one episode per week.
>>
File: 1481588549765.gif (1016KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1481588549765.gif
1016KB, 320x240px
>>15080036
>Good translators
>Links TV-Nihon
>>
>>15080056
I wish they would just replace unproductive members.

Like Heat has finished translating things that are being held up by other people not doing their job. I get you guys are friends but sometimes its better to just find someone new to do the job. Doesn't mean you can't still be friends.
>>
>>15080044
TV-Nihon nowadays is actually pretty good. It's just that people love nitpicking over their early translations.
>>
>>15077103

Has anyone tried tweeting to him "softsub release for the love of fuck"
>>
File: 0161128064613.png (3MB, 1434x810px) Image search: [Google]
0161128064613.png
3MB, 1434x810px
>>15077103

Also I like that someone has clearly been trying to stir up shit asking over and over "what do you guys think of Champstice SLAMMING xig? What's your thoughts on this SAVAGE ATTACK?" but everyone's still being an adult about it.

The generals might have turned to shit for a while but we've still come a long way from Kamen Rider Ornac.
>>
>>15080219
I wouldn't call it slamming, more "the sucking of KITs Dick."
And my perspective of opinions has been limited, hence why I asked you guys.
>>
>>15080253
>"the sucking of KITs Dick."

So, in other words, stirring shit.

All that happened is that they pointed out that XIG's translation of the first episode was not well edited. That's all.
>>
>>15080285

The "preview", to be exact. Most of those lines have been changed in the real release already.
>>
>>15080060
This, even LxC eventually had to stop waiting for that editor that never came back. This hobby doesn't need to turn into a Hachiko story.

>>15079975
The fansubbing scene for old shows is extremely courteous these days, but this leads to less projects for the same show as a consequence (although there are cases where folks bite the bullet and continue anyway, which is less common).
>>
>>15077103
I keep hearing people bitch about them
Well I've watched all 75 episodes of Ichigo they put out and besides one or two tiny mistakes I didn't notice anything wrong
>>
>>15079013
>>15077750
literal autism
>>
>>15080253
>still trying this hard
hahaha do you know how fucking bad at trolling you have to be to not successfully bait /m/ just kill yourself now
>>
>>15080010
The translations are coming straight from the captions, KIT were the ones who took too many liberties.
>>
>Ichigo
I want you weeaboo retards to kill yourselves. It's Rider 1 or #1. Ichigo is not his name!
>>
>>15080686
Ichigo means "strawberry" if you don't add the "u" to make it "Ichigou".

And the "gou" in Japanese means "Number / No.". "One" would be just "ichi". So the most exact translation would be "Kamen Rider No. 1 / Kamen Rider #1".
>>
>>15080686
>he doesn't know we're in a bleach thread
>>
>>15079470
Did they ever do more SPIRITS or are they still waiting on that other group?
>>
>>15080788
JA Scanlations' owner put that on hiatus, started Super-1 until he noticed XIG, went on to start Jiban instead, then not a peep afterwards, so no.

At least MCS did the ZX V2, I guess.
http://midnightcrewsubs.blogspot.ca/2016/07/masked-rider-zx-special-v2.html
>>
>>15080062
They got much better but that's still not saying much.
>>15080354
I thought LxC lost the translation checker not the editor? https://lovexcare.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/recruitment/
>>
>>15081010
>I thought LxC lost the translation checker not the editor?
I had forgotten, sorry (although it doesn't help that the person in question didn't get named).
>>
>>15077788
Nah, it can still be very difficult for professionals to translate by ear. Especially if the audio quality is far from optimum, as can be the case with older shows.
>>
Guys, you're being idiots. He has japanese captions. If one is fluent in the written language, translating from captions is pretty simple. You just read the line, listen to the audio to compare, and then write an english equivalent. Same process any modern show does now. You can easily do a 20 minute episode in a day.

The translations here are fine. A bit on the simplistic side, but not inaccurate since this show's dialogue is... exactly that. No more so than any shout toku translation has been, and those, while also simplified, are accurate enough as well.

In short, stop bitching. We need more community members like this guy.
>>
>>15079223
> The last Akumaizer 3 release was in October 2015.

Fucking hell, I'm madder about this than I am about Kamen Rider.
>>
>>15082450
To be honest, I think I'd be a little more enthusiastic about it if they didn't do hardsubs.

Yeah, I know, it's better than nothing at all. I'd just prefer the option to turn them off when taking screenshots or edit them.
>>
>>15082523
Let's be real. It's KITSubs. They've been working on four shows for the past six years and only managed to complete one of them.
>>
>>15082523
I really don't blame Kou for sticking to MFC these days, it must be frustrating to see other groups just sit on your scripts after the hard work done on them.
>>
>>15080354
And it's not like I mean to sound ungrateful. It's just that if someone is holding a project back you could seriously just even toss the scripts out and let the autists at KRG and SSG do the heavy lifting. Not like we don't have the raws for these shows.
>>
>>15083478
At the very least it'd be nice to have someone who could at least reliably update on the current situation.

>>15083481
It would be cool if MFC got the scripts but there's already enough drama about stepping on toes.
>>
Fansubs need to stop being private and go opensource github style. That would solve so many damn problems.
>>
>>15084564
this would be great just to watch Ryulong get banned from it
>>
>>15084564
But muh epeen. Donut steel muh subs!
>>
>>15084564
We'd be each other's throats within hours.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.