[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam SEED question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 6676543.jpg (9KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
6676543.jpg
9KB, 290x218px
is this the seed?
>>
The "seed" is the next generation of Gundam fans that the show was supposed to sprout into, but died without accomplishing shit.

Also an apt metaphor for how retarded Kira's "we'll just have to plant more flowers" philosophy was.
>>
>>15076273

Is the splitting seed that's called a seed factor, explained within the show and shown several times during important battles the eponymous SEED? No. It's obviously a coincidental, but entirely unrelated thing.
>>
>>15076273
Does it ever show one for Lacus in-series? There were a few scenes where she had the dead eyes, but I don't remember the little seed thing happening beforehand.
>>
>>15076276
>but died without accomplishing shit.

It died creating Destiny, the most miserable and unprofessionally written entry in the franchise.

That's technically an accomplishment.
>>
>>15076292

I don't know, I'd say there's a fair argument that AGE is just as, or maybe even more unprofessionally written. Murosawa doted on her pet characters and warped the show and setting around them, but Hino just didn't seem to care about AGE. He frequently skipped meetings and ignored the staff according to interviews, made no attempt to fill out the setting, left plot holes because he figured they worked to give people something to talk about in games and really just seemed to treat the whole thing rather badly. The last villain in the show literally had no personality or lines. He was just introduced to grunt a few times, fight once and then disappear.
>>
>>15076273
No, that's a Powerstone.
The show's title refers to the impotent semen of third generation coordinators. The only way that Coordinators can survive as a "species" is for their women to be impregnated by naturals.
>>
>>15076289
It wasn't explained during the show.

There was a monitor with the acronym on it in orb once.
>>
>>15076318
AGE had still had good, non-rehashed animation, and at least attempted to have an arc that reached beyond "Look at how cool these two specific characters who represent ME are and everyone else is shit."
>>
>>15076342

Didn't Andy speculate on it? I thought Lacus and that priest friend of hers talked about it too.
>>
>>15076379

What has the animation quality got to do with the writing? And while AGE may have attempted an arc that wasn't self-centered, a lot of it fell through because the main writer was disinterested and unprofessional in his own way. They were both unprofessional in different ways, and which you view as worse is really down to your own opinion, not some kind of mathematical equation you can work out to have a clear answer.
>>
>>15076385
Not really. They mentioned Kira and Cagalli being "bearers of the seed" but didn't explain what that meant.

Here's what really happened:
One writer comes up with the concept for the story, and has this idea about Superior Evolutionary Elemement Destined people that is vaguely newtype-ish but totally original (do not steal). Then another writer is put in charge of writing the series and makes it about genetic engineering vs natural evolution instead. The "SEED factor" is still mentioned a couple of times, but honestly could just be left out completely and nothing would change in the story.

Imagine those same sequences happening exactly the same with the character's eyes and facial expression going all "SHIT ABOUT TO GET REAL" only without the overlay of the seed popping. Literally nothing changes.

But it's the title of the series so every now and then someone reminded the writer so it still got mentioned two or three times over the course of 100 episodes.
>>
>>15076416
>What has the animation quality got to do with the writing?

It has everything to do with the writing in GSD's case. That shitshow became completely dependent on stock footage and floppy one-sided rushed MS battles BECAUSE the writing was lagging so much and the animators had to throw everything together at the last minute once the script was finally in place.

Destiny objectively has a worse writer/director than AGE when they're fucking up their own job so badly it's negatively impacting the other parts of production.
>>
>>15076473

Nothing you just said is objective or connects animation quality to writing. You think Destiny is worse, I get it. I don't share your opinion, and that's all either if us has.
>>
>>15076520
Not that anon, but when it comes to Age vs Destiny, this is my take. Destiny is an infuriating case of the show underling everything it says and being completely oblivious about it. Age is crap, but its the good kind of crap like an Ed Wood film. It is fun to laugh at and that is why Age is one of my favorite Gundam shows
>>
>>15076756
* show underling everything. My bad.
>>
>>15076435
To make it worse they had a separate newtypish thing going on also, which had less references.
>>
>>15076761
Undermining. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>15076339
Gotta get dat BNC.
>>
It's just a stupid gimmick because apparently the Japanese love badass super forms for some asinine reason
>>
>>15076291
Nope.
Lacus never had a "SEED" scene, she'd just suddenly have them.
>>
>>15077602

Probably the sake reason the rest of the world loves them, since Japan is hardly alone in using them.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.