[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the point of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 3546492.jpg (31KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
3546492.jpg
31KB, 350x197px
what was the point of this
>>
>>15075997
THEY ARE HELL
>>
>>15075997
Deactivating plot device.

The OVA seemed to be constructed in such a way that they thought it would produce a TV series.

Pity because I'd like to see the backstories of the two MCs.
>>
File: img000002.jpg (233KB, 595x832px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.jpg
233KB, 595x832px
>>15076015
>The OVA seemed to be constructed in such a way that they thought it would produce a TV series.
They actually produced a manga.
>>
>>15076021
Really?

Goddamn why didn't I see this?

Is it worth it?
>>
>>15076025
I have no fucking idea. Its not in English.

Only moon and, for some reason, French.
>>
>>15076028
FUCK.

Well, time to finally go and learn Japanese.
>>
>>15076028
Fucking French, always getting the good stuff.
>>
It had none really, it was just a self serving bit of fun. Which is basically the point of any Mazinger property. SKL just had a different idea of fun. And which there's nothing wrong with.
>>
>>15076025
>>15076028
>>15076032
I've read it.

The manga is both a prequel and a sequel to the OVA.

You do get some more info about Magami but for Kaidou, he was just a mercenary or something. Not much on him.
>>
>>15076056
Darn.

Pity then.
>>
>>15075997
AWESOME

>>15076037
>SKL just had a different idea of fun
I don't really think it did. It was pretty much just another Mazinger Z story except with edgy designs and dialogue so over the top that you couldn't possibly take them seriously even if the characters and story weren't really edgy in the slightest.
>>
If you guys are interested about how Mazinkaiser SKL came about from the mechanical designer's (Tsuyoshi Nonaka) perspective, watch these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMgAVk93sas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP8xUXxJdiw
>>
>>15075997
Le edgy version of Mazinkaiser and gay bait for the fujoshi.
>>
>>15075997
It's the Mazinger equivalent of a low budget 80s STV action movie, except with actual production values.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.