[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam sales in 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: Gundam is dead lol.png (84KB, 664x811px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam is dead lol.png
84KB, 664x811px
>Gundam doesn't sell well
>Gundam is dead in Japan

How does it feel to be wrong?
>>
meanwhile at sunrise.jpg
>>
>Sentai isn't even listed
Is it just rolled in with the Rider toys, or do the kids just not like Zyuohger at all?
>>
>>15075762
Damn, Sunrise is making a lot of money on idol shit.
>>
>>15075795
I don't think that chart includes toy sales and I don't think Sentai sells that much DVDs/BDs
>>
>>15075795

Zyuohger's toy sales have been abysmal. It's likely because of the lack of collectable trinkets.

Kyuranger will likely be different.
>>
What retard though gundam is dying or selling poorly? Its one of Japans biggest IPs and they've been especially making bank on it the past several years to the point their calling it a second gundam boom.

Just IBO shitposting?
>>
>>15075762

Was anyone actually saying Gundam as a whole was dead, rather than that particular elements like IBO or whatever weren't selling? That's certainly what I've seen at least.
>>
>>15075800
Even One Shit lost to that
>>
>>15075831
Yeah, I can't believe Love Live made billions more than One Piece.
>>
>>15075823
There's always someone or other who shitposts about the currently airing Gundam either being shit compared to the original, or is the death of the franchise, or both.

If Tomino couldn't kill Gundam, and if AGE couldn't kill Gundam, and if Try couldn't kill Gundam, then nothing will.
>>
>>15075841

Love Live is more likely to be a seasonal hit though, with a few years hitting huge and then dropping away completely once a new show captures the same audience. One Piece isn't as big as it, but is a lot longer lasting and is basically guaranteed to be there for another 10 years at least, having already been there nearly 20.
>>
>>15075823
Yes its just ibo shit posting
>>
>>15075823
IBO itself isn't doing that well but other Gundam merch is still doing fine.
>>
>>15075899
But thats bullshit, IBO sales are part of this amount and we already know ibo merchandise is currently topping other gundam products and outright overshadowing them. Fucking gundam vidar 1/100 is killing mg psyco zaku sales on amazon jp.
>>
>>15075918
That's because the MG Psyco Zaku retails for nearly 10,000 yen you retard
>>
>>15075918
Cool horseshit
>>
>>15075918
You do realize that Thunderbolt and The Origin had product releases last year right? Both of which outsold IBO in BD/DVD and other merch by a wide margin right?
>>
>>15075918
>ibo merchandise is currently topping other gundam products and outright overshadowing them
citation please?
>>
>>15075939
That's the animation quality and because both are films/short movie sets, not an entire show that you have to splurge a lot more on 2 seasons with shitty animation. I like IBO better than Origin and Thunderbolt, but I only ordered Origin/Thunderbolt BD/DVD.
>>
>>15075940
8 out of the current top 10 gunpla kits cuurently on amazon jp are ibo kits last i checked. Origin didn't even make the top 10 despite new plamo out last month and the latest OVA pushing it.

While anon was exaggerating to say its overshadowing EVERYTHING its certainly the most popular of the current lines at the moment.

Thunderbolts new kits might be able to topple it though depending on how the new OVAs are recieved.
>>
>>15075823
I dont see this being ibo shitposting
Hell see more threads about every post "10 Gundam series being the death of Gundam and that Gundam is dying rn in Japan
>>
>>15075762
hey yurimoefag, nobody cares about this type of shit.
this is /m/ and not /a/
>>
>>15075940
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/hobby/ref=sv_hb_0#1
>>
>>15075939
There is no gundam beating ibo in other merchandise sales currently. If anything thunderbolt is currently the worst due to the fact that its gunpla takes fucking forever to build and are all at least 2 to 5x more expensive.
>>
>>15075988
It's hg releases were just reboxes of the existing thunderbolt kits from a couple years previous as well (Basically they pulled an HG Seed Remastered). There are some new HG kits coming in the spring though so that may help.
>>
>>15075918
Ahahahahah you retard.
>>
>>15075995
The rebox thing isnt even a factor, just look at the natural price of all the tb products,they are all on the upper end of pricing for hg and mg kits.
>>
>>15075956
>Showing Gundam sales
>Moefag
>Not /m/
You must be a special kind of autist
>>
>>15075950
>>15075983
>>15075950
>amazon jp
Opinion discarded
>>
File: ST_Lightsaber.png (2MB, 1450x820px) Image search: [Google]
ST_Lightsaber.png
2MB, 1450x820px
>>
>>15075983

Star Wars is killing it there apparently. And a blank body pillow covering and crying baby mask for adults are two of the most popular items. What the fuck Japan?
>>
>>15075988
>There is no gundam beating ibo in other merchandise sales currently.
Because IBO is the only new release currently dumbass. Thunderbolt and The Origin had kits last year that out sold IBOs. UC kits always outsell AU
>>
>>15076014
>fag tb outselling barbatos

Ok thats really stretching it bro. Heres what you are mising, gunpla fags do not like tb model kits. This is why there are so few completed tb builds out there
>>
>>15076020
Barbatos isn't even the most popular suit to come from the IBO line.
>>
>>15076014
Origin had releases just last month and one in November.
>>
>third most popular fujo franchise of the year
That's not bad exactly but it's not good either
>>
>>15076074
>>15076014
>Just december and November
No it didn't
Dom test type in February
Waff in April
Zaku I in May
Gundam Local type in July
Guncannon first type in November
Char Zaku I in December
Bugu in December
>>
>>15076101
By "Just" I meant as in recently, not as in only those two months out of the whole year. As in despite Origin having several recent releases they aren't as popular as the recent IBO stuff. So the assertion that IBO is only selling because there is no UC to compete against currently is wrong.
>>
>sales threads in /m/
Shut it down, this place is just /a2/ now.

Sales and stalker threads are cancer.
>>
I'm not sure why people still post Oricon "estimated" Gundam sales which do not even include oversea sales, merch, license rights and lots of other shit. You can just go and read Bandai's quarterly and annual financial reports and see how much exactly they got from Gundam IP.

For example:
year / total sales of gundam IP
2015: 76.7 billion yen
2016: 78.6 billion yen
2017 (forecast): 71.4 billion yen

This number is 20x bigger than what oricon reports.
>>
>>15075927
Not only this, but the Vidar is allot easier to build, between being cheap and easy it generally means it'll sell better.

This is coming from someone who loves the Vidar before someone says I'm damage controlling for Thunderbolt, I'm not, it's just the simple logic to shit, if it was an expensive MG from IBO and a cheap HG level kit from Thunderbolt the opposite would likely happen.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (13KB, 502x254px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
13KB, 502x254px
>>15076128
sure why not
>>
File: TOYS.png (13KB, 568x219px) Image search: [Google]
TOYS.png
13KB, 568x219px
>>15076163
>>
>>15076168
>55 billion from Yokai Watch toys in 2015
Gunpla btfo.
>>
>Gundam
>DVD sales
Seriously?
Gundam is a 30 minute commercial for plastic models. As long as the models are selling (and they are) none of this means anything.
They post the show for free on the internet, anyone in Japan can watch any episode any time they want. They aren't trying to sell the show, they're giving it away for free. If people want to buy a DVD or BD they do sell them but those discs aren't the real product, the gunpla are.
>>
>>15076239
If you scroll just a little bit up you'll see that gunpla sales make only ~30% of total gundam sales. And then compare this percentage with real toy based franchises like Yo-kai Watch, Anpanman or Pretty Cure.
People here greatly overestimate importance and contribution of gunpla.
>>
>>15075956
>2017
>yurirager still at it
>>
>>15076239
Are you retarded? Almost every anime is some kind of 30 minute long animated advertisement for something.
>>
File: Taichi Winning.jpg (215KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Taichi Winning.jpg
215KB, 700x525px
>>15075762
>Chihayafuru

Badly needs a 3rd season
>>
>>15076005
Because they are massive bricks of plastic doodads
>>
>>15076239
>Means nothing
>list of OP is without gunpla and only BD/DVD and manga shit
>Still outsells more popular manga and anime
Are mentally challenged?
>>
>>15076239
>Gundam is a 30 minute commercial for plastic models.
Haha man you're so cynical and in-touch with things I wish I had your insights bro
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.