[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam: G no Reconguista

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 76

File: 1477869507289.jpg (480KB, 1090x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1477869507289.jpg
480KB, 1090x1536px
Can someone tell me why is G-Reco considered to be a masterpiece?
>>
>>15075294
cuz the chicks are some pieces you can master to
>>
>>15075294
For the same reason it's considered to be a shitshow.
>>
>>15075294
G-Reco is the best Tomino show of all time
>>
>>15075314

I wouldn't put it in even his top 5. Turn-A, Xabungle, Ideon, 0079 and Victory are far better in my opinion. I haven't seen Dunbine, Zambot 3 or Brain Powered either, all of which I've heard mixed things about but sound like good stuff in theory at least.
>>
this show is 9.8/10
>>
File: gself exvs.jpg (111KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
gself exvs.jpg
111KB, 720x408px
>>15075294
because Bellu <3 makes extremely lewd noises when you shoot down G Self
>>
25 episodes are not enough for a Gundam show.
>>
It's not
>>
File: 57be69b8ecb.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
57be69b8ecb.webm
3MB, 854x480px
great mech action
>>
>>15075486
Venus Globe arc had some great fights
>>
>>15075314
0079 = Zeta > G-Reco > etc
>>
>>15075323
>Turn-A
That was one of his worst
>>
File: First Movement.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
First Movement.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>15075294
Because it's the culmination of a talented director's involvement with the franchise he created, picking up the themes of his previous works and reviewing them in the light of three decades of introspection and retrospection, while also working in themes pertinent to the modern world - all of which achieved while building a living, breathing world populated with living, breathing characters, each utterly human and allowing of sympathy even when they're shown to be in the wrong. In addition the art direction and animation is absolutely gorgeous, and the sound track fantastic.
>>
Because /m/ is Tomino's cockwhore.
>>
>>15075529
Multiple threads currently up suggest otherwise
>>
>>15075486
Fuck.

There's no QUALITY even in between the frames.

It's so good.
>>
>>15075521
Nice shit taste you have there.
>>
>>15075294
It's not

Seriously, things not perfect and even Tomino confirm it, yet its still pretty decent stuff with unique MS design, worldbuilding, and good fighting scene.

It's an OK show, not a masterpiece but enjoyable.
>>
>>15075602
It wasn't a Gundam.

Okay show. But shit mecha.
>>
>>15075294
Because the Rager made threads every day for a year telling you it is so now /m/ is a shithole and we can't discuss any gundam show because everyones opinions are suddenly facts and no one can fucking relax and talk about robot cartoons anymore.
>>
>>15075314
I like G Reco but Victory Gundam and Xabungle are still better
>>
>>15075616
There is no gundamrager
>>
File: Japanese poetry.jpg (138KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese poetry.jpg
138KB, 1280x960px
>>15075639
so what you're saying is.....

gundamrager is all of us, and none of us

I shall consider upon this
>>
I'm surprised G-Reco fans don't join sites like ANN, AniDB, and MAL and just give G-Reco high scores. If the consensus is wrong, unite and fight it.
>>
>>15075646
nah desu
>>
>>15075647
fighting normies is a 4chan past time! I got a new MAL account after my first one got constantly posted here by valvrager.
>>
>>15075612

What wasn't Gundam about it?
>>
>>15075294
>Can someone tell me why is G-Reco considered to be a masterpiece?

Sometimes I think people have a fucking binary brain. Either something is shit or is a masterpiece. Well the world doesn't work like that. G-Reco is a well thought out story but badly executed. At the best it's a mediocre anime. But it's no masterpiece. There are elements of excellence in it, but taken as a whole the anime fails to deliver its promise.
>>
>>15075646
I don't think they will be able to make any notable difference.
>>
>>15075660
The Gundam never does anything gundamy
Most underwealming ms in history until Duuuurrrr it actually the most OP Gundam in history that literally cleanses the world.
>>
>>15075294
There's a few sperglords on /g/ who try to make it out as one, but in reality it's as flawed as any show in the franchise. Hell, the writing is so bad you could say it breaks new ground in that regard and Tomino himself has admitted that he messed up with the writing.

My guess as to why we have those sperglords trying to act as if there's nothing wrong with the writing my guess is that they're the same people who moaned for years on end about how mecha anime uses way too much CG and not enough hand animation. When G-Reco was teased they thought their prayers were about to be answered, but when the show turned out to have genuinely garbage writing they seem to have come to the conclusion that if they don't talk up the show enough Sunrise will never make another show with an animation budget as big as it had.

So all it really boils down to in my opinion is a bunch of people who really want shows with hand animation with production values as high as G-Reco trying to convince people to give Bandai more money so they'll make more shows with the same amount of old school hand animation.
>>
>>15075633
>I like G Reco but Victory Gundam and Xabungle are still better

Xabungle definitely yes.
Victory better than G-Reco ? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. The only thing Victory has more than G-Reco are the number of episodes. The animation of Victory is shittier, the world building of Victory is shittier than G-Reco's. Only Uso and Marbet are nicely round characters. The rest of the cast is forgettable, including the martyr women of the day.
>>
>>15075676

What's a Gundamy action it should have done then? Also, I'm pretty sure you either haven't watched the show or just forgot most of it in the meantime because the revelation that it cleansed the world didn't come out of nowhere and actually had foreshadowing, including the Turn-A doing some unusual stuff fight wise.
>>
>>15075294
It's a masterpiece of troll bait. Every time it's mentioned, regardless of whether it's a positive or negative opinion, it's guaranteed replies. Those who like it treat those who don't as idiots and demand that they list the things they didn't like about the show so that these opinions can be corrected one at a time as if they were errors in a math formula that, if done correctly, must inexorably lead to a positive opinion of the show. You either love the show, or you're presumed to be stupid.

It is true, however, that a great deal of the complaints about the show were people being confused about what was going on. This is the principal point of contention that makes it truly magnificent trolling. To an unquantifiable extent, the fans are correct that the people who didn't like it usually arrived at that conclusion because they didn't understand it. The haters contend that this was the fault of the show being deliberately obtuse, so both sides of the argument feel 100% validated in their criticism of the other side.
>You shouldn't call me stupid just because I don't like your show.
>But you don't like it because you don't understand it, so you're stupid.
>The writer did not tell the story clearly, that's not my fault.
>I understood it just fine, you're just stupid.
And so on, and so on, ad nauseam.
>>
>>15075527
This pic is very scary.
>>
>>15075683
The entire show seems like it was just sunrise letting the old man do mostly whatever he wanted (aside from choosing the opening song, and licking Steer's VAs pussy)

I never really thought about grecos impact animation wise thpugh. I doubt greco will have any huge impact on current animation trends. Its biggest influence so far is the absolutely ridiculous number of off model time/money saving shots in ibo. Like a lot of the animators learned this neat production trick but havent learned how to best use/integrate it into the show
>>
>>15075683
The show's writing is fine. It's okay if there's one single show that's Not For You. Not every show needs to be a tell-and-never-show exposition dump.
>>
File: 1483372393575.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483372393575.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>15075486
I agree
>>
>>15075758
You must be joking.
That's some retarded DBZ bullshit right there.
It's well animated DBZ bullshit, but it's still DBZ bullshit.
>>
>>15075758
>Aida with the set up
>>
>>15075323
Have you watched Heavy Metal L-Gaim yet? I love it and I think you would, too. It is kind of like part Xabungle, part Star Wars.
>>
>>15075675
You never now until you try
>>
>>15075776
I like to think it was done in the spirit of G Gundam.
>>
>>15075757

I think it's kind of funny people say this when the show actually does quite a bit of telling. One of the first things Bellri does is explain what the controls he's using do in relation to the big arms as he goes after Aida and the G-Self, even though there's no-one else around. It's not even necessary exposition, since what he's doing is so obvious and the actions he takes so minor on the whole, which makes it even more bizarre.

I don't think people found it confusing because there was too much showing, I think people found it confusing because often the telling was done only once in passing and not given any kind of import so people forgot about it because the show didn't seem like it wanted the viewer to give it any attention since it wasn't doing so itself.
>>
>>15075813
G didn't have a hit anything like that.
The closest you'll find is Domon and Master Asia kicking that building up out of the ground. That Looney-Toons knock-back with the implausible dash-to-follow-up-attack is 100% Vegeta.
>>
>>15075779
>On fucking accident
>>
File: 1453989319343.jpg (87KB, 400x566px) Image search: [Google]
1453989319343.jpg
87KB, 400x566px
G-Reco's art direction (including mechanical and character design), animation quality, and soundtrack were fantastic. It's just that the writing sounds like the demented ramblings of a senile old man.

You can argue that it's the far future and people would be expected to act and speak differently than they would now, but if your viewers find it difficult to understand or connect with anything that's going on, they're going to tune out. G-Reco had a lot of interesting concepts and ideas, but they were executed in a sort of stumbling and unsure fashion. Tomino himself admitted that things could have gone a lot better, but he just doesn't have the stamina to really bang something out anymore.
>>
File: 1456361550349.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456361550349.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15075814
Don't forget this scene where a Kuntala explained what a Kuntala is to the Kuntala next to him.
>>
>>15075486
>>15075758

This is some great directing. I don't know if it's because Tomino has studied hong kong movies or if it's something he just does, but you'll notice that he does close up "pauses" (not really pauses, but lengthened cuts) on stuff like the G-self hand grabbing the other MS to guide the viewer and give you a real sense of what's going on. It reminds me a lot of the Hong Kong style of directing action.

The only thing missing is showing the same thing twice (both up close and at a distance), something that a lot of older Jackie Chan movies for instance did.
>>
>>15075874
>It's just that the writing sounds like the demented ramblings of a senile old man.
Found the retard
>>
>>15075294
It's a piece that was made by a master.
>>
>>15075848
No bully the nee-san!
>>
>>15075527
>Because it's the culmination of a talented director's involvement with the franchise he created, picking up the themes of his previous works and reviewing them in the light of three decades of introspection and retrospection, while also working in themes pertinent to the modern world - all of which achieved while building a living, breathing world populated with living, breathing characters, each utterly human and allowing of sympathy even when they're shown to be in the wrong.

Utterly false, and you know it.
>>
>>15075874

>the writing sounds like the demented ramblings of a senile old man.
>executed in a sort of stumbling and unsure fashion

Nothing about the show was confusing if you just watched it and paid fucking attention.

I swear 99% of the problems most people had with this show was that it made them think and they couldn't zone out and watch pretty explosions and fights for half an hour.
>>
>>15075486
Never forget: The Montero was destroyed the week the model kit was released.
>>
>>15076194

Perhaps you should pay attention to the posts you reply to? Anon didn't call it confusing, he called it rambling, stumbling and unsure. Which is a different thing and doesn't indicate a lack of understanding, but finding the elements you do understand to not fit cohesively.
>>
>>15076206
such amazingly fluid animation lol
>>
>>15076194
>it made them think
Think about what? That Earth is not square? That line is completely unrelated to plot and thus it does not make events more confusing. But there is a reason that line became a meme.
>>
>>15076229

The line made total sense if you, again, paid fucking attention. It's metaphorical, but people took it literally because basic critical thinking is a rare quality in people who watch anime, apparently.
>>
File: rip montero.png (139KB, 506x644px) Image search: [Google]
rip montero.png
139KB, 506x644px
>>15076206
>>
>>15075776
>DBZ
is this the new meme for the mecha shows?
>>
>>15076269
somebody has to grasp them straws
>>
>>15076269
Nope, just an honest observation that the sequence, which is unique among Gundam combat choreography, is standard stock in DBZ. Calling it a meme won't change that.
>>
>>15076206

The montero died a hero's death
>>
>>15076266
>It's metaphorical
Sure, friend. Now the only thing left is to find 2 g-reco fans who interpret this metaphor the same way. If I search archives I can probably make a huge collage of posts trying to explain it in any way possible. You may contribute to it by adding your own theory.
You talk so much about critical thinking but right now you're too stupid to understand a simple problem with this line everyone is complaining. Again, no one said it's confusing. But this metaphor is vague and pointless, it doesn't add anything to character's personality and doesn't help to explain ongoing events. It's pure informational garbage.
>>
>>15076284
>its vague and pointless because I say so

Is there a hatebase more retarded than this?
>>
File: 1473997421246.png (135KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473997421246.png
135KB, 512x512px
>>15076209
>>15076229
>Complains about a vague metaphor by using a vague criticism
>>
>>15076340
I explained why it's vague and pointless.
It's vague because lots of g-reco fans interpret it completely differently.
It's pointless because it doesn't add anything to character's personality and doesn't help to explain ongoing events
And you're a fucking retard because you couldn't come up with any counter-argument and just went for meme arrows. You're in no position to talk about critical thinking because you're brainless idiot who can only repeat what other people already said. C'mon, try to produce more than one sentence.
>>
>>15076381

What, the earth is not square line?

It's really not such a big deal you know. It's just something Aida yells out because she thinks she has the advantage. There's probably two interpretation depending on what "square" usually reprents
>A square is a 2d object. Bellri is attacking from bellow Aida. Aida yells out "the world is now square", thinking she has the advantage in verticality
or
>the a "square" can be used to describe someone being regarded as dull, rigidly conventional, and out of touch with current trends. Since Bellri and Aida are yelling out their beliefs at each other (bellri being a traditionalist CU-cordian while Aida is a radical Amerian), Aida is claiming that Bellri's way of thinking is out of touch with reality and rigid.

Both interpretations fit the situation, which makes it sort of clever when you think about it.
>>
File: still_not_square.png (34KB, 1238x360px) Image search: [Google]
still_not_square.png
34KB, 1238x360px
>>15076393
>or
Thanks for proving its vagueness. I'll add your both interpretations to the big list of others made by different anons. Here 's my first draft I just made by the simplest search in archives: http://desuarchive.org/m/search/text/earth%20is%20not%20square/

You should really decide which one is correct before we can determine if it fits situation or not.
>>
>>15076431
>things only mean one thing
cool autism bro
>>
>>15076446
Sorry, I really didn't think that that metaphor actually meant FIVE completely different things. Maybe even more, I didn't look past the first page of archive search results.
Tomino is indeed genius. That line alone might be deeper than the whole Evangelion.
>>
>>15076455
What's the legal limit for a line's meanings over there in Tism Town?
>>
>>15076381
>It's vague because lots of g-reco fans interpret it completely differently.
Nope
>It's pointless because it doesn't add anything to character's personality and doesn't help to explain ongoing events
Wrong again.

So basically "its bad because I say so"
>>
>>15076431
Going by that very same archive link(Which is incomplete and has every thread between early 2012 and mid 2015 nuked cause no one saved it from archive.moe) most agree the line means that you don't have to pick a side. If you actually searched the archives yourself beforehand or were even aware of what happened to them, you'd notice that.

Also in no way is every single line in a work going to be interpretted by viewers the same way, that's what subjectivity is and that's part of the reason why we've been having daily G-Reco shitpost threads since 2014 due to a combination of trolls, retards and people who just want to argue incessantly about nothing.
>>
File: bellri a cunning.jpg (39KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
bellri a cunning.jpg
39KB, 604x340px
>>15076468
>>
>>15076464
>Nope
I literally posted screenshot with different interpretations: >>15076431. It seems you're not only retarded, but also blind.
This time instead of meme arrows you went for "no u". Just as I said earlier your retarded brain can't produce more than that.

>>15076466
>most agree the line means that you don't have to pick a side.
Just checked my link again and that's incorrect. There is literally one post agreeing with it in the same thread it was posted.
And I don't see what's your point of mentioning that part of archive is missing. This search is incomplete by itself, there were hundreds of discussions of this line even after mid 2015. I took part in shitton of them and no, there was never any consensus. That's why this line is nothing but a meme at this point. Any actual G-Reco fan on /m/ just ignores any mention of it because he knows it's nothing but baiting and trolling. The very fact that people seriously try to argue about it makes me believe that my opponents in this thread either don't visit /m/ often or are very new.
>>
File: 1481437883020.jpg (713KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481437883020.jpg
713KB, 1000x800px
Not just a useless bunch of junk
>>
File: megafauna crew.jpg (383KB, 800x1148px) Image search: [Google]
megafauna crew.jpg
383KB, 800x1148px
>>15076603
I miss them
>>
>>15075294
>things no one has ever said
>>
>>15075776
That one episode was guest-directed and storyboarded by Tetsuro Araki.
>>
File: 33869515.jpg (1012KB, 1500x1071px) Image search: [Google]
33869515.jpg
1012KB, 1500x1071px
>>15075874
>It's just that the writing sounds like the demented ramblings of a senile old man.

That perfectly describes the writing of Brain Powerd too lol.

Except for whatever reason, Reco has this bizarrely obsessive following in direct contrast to people who watched BP back in the day who mainly just shrugged off the nonsense and moved on to the next thing with little to say about it.

Though now we have Reco fans trying to shill BP every now and then, it will never stick.
>>
>>15076512
>I literally posted screenshot with different interpretations:
You literally just picked apart one section of converse over the thousands of discussions that went about while G-Reco was airing like the fucking idiot you are also good job ignoring this>>15076446 people having multiple interpretations of a line is nothing new and it sure as fuck doesn't convey bad writing in fact because its not straightforward puts more emphasis in the actual meaning of it than just it being a throwaway line. You literally proved fucking nothing other than the fact that people who hate this show are fucking dumbasses.
>>
>>15077213
>>15076512
>>
>85 posts
>41 posters
Half this thread is samefagging
>>
>>15076512
>there was never any consensus.
>in that very same link the general consensus is that Aida was calling Bellri a fool who didn't know anything about the outside world
>but because the conslusion is all worded differently its no the same thing

Okay
>>
>>15075294
It's not considered to be a masterpiece by anyone but /m/, who only pretends to like it to be contrarian.
>>
>>15077341
Yes because the same sites that gave Unicorn, SEED, 00 and IBO high marks are to take seriously
>>
>>15077341
>contrarian.
But G-Reco sold well. Its only hated by idiots/
>>
>>15077348

This.

Remember that reviews don't matter with Japanese media. It's all about sales.
>>
>>15077352
>It's all about sales.
True.
But in Gundam's case, it's about sales of Gunpla more than DVD/BD sales. Especially since anyone on the web can watch the shows for free on Daisuki.
>>
>>15077352
does this mean that destiny is the best thing ever
>>
>>15077370
fanfic agrees.
>>
>>15077358

Which probably would have made G-Reco very successful if they had bothered to actually make kits for more than a small handful of the show's suits.
>>
>>15076455

Yeah, besides >>15076393
it could also mean
>That Aida thinks Bellri's worldview is wrong. He's trying to make the world into something it's not

It's a really cheeky line
>>
File: 1482268449396.jpg (826KB, 2725x1641px) Image search: [Google]
1482268449396.jpg
826KB, 2725x1641px
>>15077409

Midway into the series the grunt suits started to look quite nice.

Oh and the pirate suit was sort of uniquely stylish, too bad it faded out of focus after the first arc.
>>
>>15075294
Because it's anti-factional anti-race anti-nationality propaganda which Tomino has tried to shove down through the Gundam franchise in audiences' mouth.

SIEG FEDERATION!
>>
>>15075683
>Tomino himself has admitted that he messed up with the writing.
Except he never did ANN.
>>
File: Cc4Kox1UAAAJEEG.jpg (62KB, 600x683px) Image search: [Google]
Cc4Kox1UAAAJEEG.jpg
62KB, 600x683px
>>15076431
You realise both those conclusions arrive at the same point though? However you put it Bellri has not thought about the situation fully, which seeing as the show is about people challenging their views and not relying on preconceived notions makes a lot of sense.You can just take it differently like it is Bellri stuck in old ideas or Bellri has approached a new situation without grasping the new dimension to it.

Plus shouting vague a lot and saying multiple interpretations are bad makes you look silly, any work can have multiple. The difference is Greco actually supports itself so these interpretations are more valid.

Mask for example can be seen as someone living in a racist society, he is insulted by classmates and other soldiers, used as a test subject and this eventually drives him too far. Or he can be seen as a very privileged guy himself, he is top of his class, the jokes are rarely meant to actually keep him down but good spirited shittalk, he gets top of the range suits and his descent is as much him fueling his own rage at someone who never hated him. All the points are valid because the situations characters are put in are complex. Someone can be a guinea pig while also getting really good technology and you can make a fair argument for one or the other while knowing both these facts.

That is one of Greco's real strengths, multiple interpretations when they can be supported is a good thing.
>>
>>15075294

I don't know about the rest of the show, but the sheer childlike glee all the characters exhibit is extremely off-putting. Like, it's especially disturbing with Bellri.
>>
>>15075294
Because it has toilets in robots
>>
>>15075646
Anime fandom as a whole are a bunch of tasteless retarded sheep. I'm not concerned with whether my taste alingns with the masses
>>
File: MASK TAI CORPS.jpg (962KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MASK TAI CORPS.jpg
962KB, 1600x1200px
>>15077731
hnnnnnggggg
>>
>>15078038
pretty ugly
>>
File: barara and mack knife.jpg (414KB, 1900x2300px) Image search: [Google]
barara and mack knife.jpg
414KB, 1900x2300px
>>15078158
stop looking in the mirror dearest most honored friend
>>
>>15077709

The strength of G-Reco's suits came from how unique they all were. Sure, a lot of them were at least inspired by classic designs, but they stood apart enough to be different and interesting.
>>
>>15077709
>Oh and the pirate suit was sort of uniquely stylish, too bad it faded out of focus after the first arc.

Which sucks the Grimoire was fucking great. Reminded me of a bigger MS sized scopedog of sorts.
>>
File: quentian grimoire.png (41KB, 472x552px) Image search: [Google]
quentian grimoire.png
41KB, 472x552px
>>15078217
I didnt like it when the design was first revealed, but it really grew on me
>>
File: Cn0OQh5VUAAtMDX.jpg (126KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
Cn0OQh5VUAAtMDX.jpg
126KB, 1200x846px
>>15078211
>Sure, a lot of them were at least inspired by classic designs
I'd say that was a big part of the strength. A lot look like they were how the designs had grown over so long, then possibly redone from different groups working off the blueprints
>>
>>15078262

Considering those Rose-of-whatever blueprints are allegedly where a lot of the newer designs came from (e.g. the G units and everything else used by the Moon and Venus colonies), that actually makes sense.

That Apsalus-looking thing was probably developed from incomplete Apsalus blueprints from that data set and the G-IT Lab just filled in the gaps with the tech they had.
>>
>>15075323
>>15075521
>>15075602
>>15075612
>>15075660
>>15075676
>>15075690
Why are you discussing with yourself?
>>
File: Bill Nye.jpg (29KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bill Nye.jpg
29KB, 396x400px
>>15075874
>G-Reco's art direction (including mechanical and character design), animation quality, and soundtrack were fantastic.
>(including mechanical and character design)
>>
>>15077358
>But in Gundam's case, it's about sales of Gunpla more than DVD/BD sales.

Why do you keep pulling that out of your ass?
>>
>>15075294
>Second season
When?
>>
>>15078582
Nice shit taste faggot
>>
>>15075874
I think the biggest issue with G-Reco was it was 25 episodes. Had it been a 40 episode series, it would have been much better.

But because of the length, the pacing sucked and was more of a "blink and you'll miss it" type of series.
>>
>>15078806

I dunno, I liked the pacing personally. It was refreshing that the show kept a high beat.
>>
>>15078690
Literally never.
Not with the MC of that anime atleast.
>>
>>15078592
Because ever since zeta gundam, bandai has provided funding to sunrise to create more things to turn into gunpla. This is a unique situation to gundam and transformers where the vast money isnt made from the licensing royalty fees of the show to produce licensed product. Rather the product is the gunpla or toy, and the show is just a really well funded commercial.
>>
File: keep telling yourself that.png (5KB, 341x194px) Image search: [Google]
keep telling yourself that.png
5KB, 341x194px
>>15078557
what are you talking about?
>>
>>15078939
Daily reminder that gunpla and toys make only 30% of Bandai's profits from Gundam IP. Only 30%.
>>
File: Gain.jpg (155KB, 1456x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Gain.jpg
155KB, 1456x1039px
>>15078837
>>15078690
>>
>>15079058
Brah, they only made 17.8 Million JPY in CD, DVD, Blu-Ray combined sales for all IPs which includes the money maker that is Love Live.

25.8 Million for GunPla and toys completely winning over media sales of multiple IPs is rather a big deal even if it's only 30%.
>>
>>15079214
whoops typo replace "million" with "billion" for everything in that post because Love Live Sunshine Blu Rays alone made 1.2 Billion.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 853x151px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 853x151px
Stop me now.
>>
File: stop being a kaizoku.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
stop being a kaizoku.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>15079360
>>
>>15076269
>is this the new meme for the mecha shows?
No. the new meme is: trying to force the main girl as the main protagonist the show and Macross Delta's threads is the best example of this.
>>
>>15079360
you should stop and get the glorious 1080p encode instead unless you are watching that on a laptop
>>
>>15079759
>the new meme is: trying to force the main girl as the main protagonist the show
Are you stupid? This is a headcanon and not a meme.
>>
>>15079360
>OZC
There's still time!
>>
>>15079644

>he says when actively trying to kill them
>>
Gundam 0079 - 43
Zeta Gundam - 50
Gundam ZZ - 47
Victory Gundam - 51
G Gundam - 49
Gundam Wing - 49
Gundam X - 39
Turn A Gundam - 50
Gundam SEED - 50
Gundam SEED Destiny - 50
Gundam 00 - 50
Gundam AGE - 49
IBO - 50

>>G-RECO - 26
Why did this happen?
>>
>>15079889
reminder kids, SD Gundam force is the longest series at 52 eps.
>>
>>15079941
You're forgetting that Doozy Bots ran for 92 episodes and had a 12 episode followup OVA.
>>
>>15079942
>>
>>15075294
I have no idea what you are talking about.
According to /m/ it's the worst shit ever. According the the Normalfag sites like ANN it's also the worst shit ever.

The only time it's mentioned positively is by the rare /a/ thread, and in the context of fapping.
>>
>>15079058

One third of your profit is a pretty huge chunk of profit breh.
>>
>>15079360
Buy the BDs!
>>
>>15079058
>""""only"""" 30%
>>
>>15079058
Look, I like G-Reco too. Absolutely loved it but can you stop pretending to be fucking stupid about how Gundam makes money?
>>
+ mech action
>>
>>15075527
We all know G-Reco is shit. Lauren says so.
>>
>>15080438
???

G-Reco has an A in every category except story.
>>
>>15080705
The story was okay. It wasn't some deep masterpiece but the story was not as bad or confusing as some people claim.

I feel like people expected something dark like Victory and were disappointed when G Reco turned out to be a fun space adventure.
>>
>>15080708
The pacing was the only thing i disliked about G-reco. Other than that it still was better than AGE.
>>
>>15079889

Because Tomino is old and doesn't have the mental or physical stamina for four whole cours.
>>
File: Bellri the Beast.jpg (409KB, 1280x1809px) Image search: [Google]
Bellri the Beast.jpg
409KB, 1280x1809px
>>15079805
this is the guy who went on a rampage when he found out his crush was his blood sister and had a break down when somebody shot near his space church

self control is not his forte
>>
>>15075294
I can't understand why old Gundam fans don't like it. I'm watching it and it just feels like any Tomino show, with just a little more autism. I'm really enjoying it because it's so crazy it's fun.
>>
File: 1483540595461.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483540595461.webm
3MB, 854x480px
G-Reco Olympic marathon
>>
>>15079759
>the new meme is: trying to force the main girl as the main protagonist the show
This bullshit has been used a lot lately.
>>
>>15080178
I would, if it was available in my country.
>>
>>15082942
Yeah. I noticed it being forced hard in the Kuromukuro threads.
>>
>>15082942
>>15082947
Bubuki Buranki after the end of the first season.
>>
>>15075294
Have we any news on the movie?
>>
>>15082997
Gundam Reconguista in G to Play in Movie Theaters in 2017
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-11-16/animator-gundam-reconguista-in-g-to-play-in-movie-theaters-in-2017/.108870
>>
>>15083321

Is it a recap movie?
>A fucking recap movie an already superdense series
>>
>>15075486
Is this seriously consider good? Slow and weak movements with silly attacks
>>
>>15083371

I agree. They could at least have added shaky cam to the action so you'd get a better sense of speed to the action.
>>
File: g-reco-9-steer-girl.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
g-reco-9-steer-girl.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
>>15075294
>>
>>15083364
We don't know for sure yet, but, considering that Studio 1 has their hands full with Thunderbolt, it probably is.
>>
>>15080352
I'm not even sure what are you trying to imply here.
Some people still believe that Bandai gives money to make new Gundams only to advertise new toys and nothing else. This business strategy could be viable in 80s and 90s, but not anymore. Modern big companies never focus only on one thing. Gundam is huge and since it's so overwhelmingly popular its name alone makes shitton of money out of everything it's attached to, be it toys, BDs, manga, posters, pachinko, licenses, events and shit. Saying that sponsors care mostly about toys would be definitely wrong.
>>
>>15082946
Amazon ships anywhere, anon.
Are you in Europe?
>>
>>15083435
Its not a movie, its the actual tv series
>>
>>15083474
yep, but Depending on the product, the freight cost can be up to three times greater than product.
>>
>It's the G-Reco is actually good meme again
>>
>>15083406
cute sexy chocolate girl
>>
>>15075294
I like the character designs. I should actually get around to watching this. I liked 0079, Zeta, CCA, Victory and Turn A, so Tomino doesn't bug me.
>>
>>15085107

It's more of a King Gainer level of Tomino, but somewhat more saturated.
>>
>>15085131
Oh yeah, I liked King Gainer too. I might have the same kind of autism that Tomino does.
>>
>>15079889
Unicorn RE:0096 - 22
>>
>>15083406
G
SELF
HAS
PERFECT
BACKPACK
>>
>>15075294

I tried watching it yesterday and it was fucking awful.

Plus *supposedly* G Reco occurs after Tun A, which is bullshit imo.

What Im trying to say is that its garbage and I say good riddance.
>>
>>15084162
If you are in Europe and buy from Amazon UK it shouldn't cost more than some 5 o 4£ to ship, I think.
I bought it from there and I paid very little.
>>
File: STEER!.png (469KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
STEER!.png
469KB, 500x710px
>>15085079
I want her to scream Australian English at my dick
>>
>>15084164
>It's the G-Reco is actually bad meme again
ftfy ANN
>>
>>15079644
>>15079779
>>15079802
>>15080178
So I'm in episode two and this doesn't make any sense despite being typical gendum start
>stronkest mobile suit
>prodigy gets to pilot it and wrecks shit
>kills the cool guy who could have been
>the girl is mad
>she's not mad anymore
>there's 3 of us here and we're just gonna let this bitch fly us to the enemy
????
>>
File: Genki Self.jpg (670KB, 988x912px) Image search: [Google]
Genki Self.jpg
670KB, 988x912px
>>15085999
nice digits

bellri and fuga nug are tagging along to spy/fug on aida sama. Aida wants to learn more about Bellu <3's connection to the G self
>>
>>15075294
>why is G-Reco considered to be a masterpiece?

By whom?
/m/ dosen't count.
>>
File: montero.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
montero.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>>15086057
I guess there's that but Bell and the smut never had any guarantee of escaping in the first place right, them tagging along just like that isn't sitting well with me.
Also the magnificent bastard in this thing is cracking me up, hope he doesn't die though it seems like Montero will get destroyed early - and with that I'm out to avoid any spoilers.
>>
File: klim suit.png (141KB, 650x607px) Image search: [Google]
klim suit.png
141KB, 650x607px
>>15086077
good taste
>>
>>15079960
/m/ has changed so much in the last couple months. I haven't even been gone that long, and suddenly there's an actual consensus on g-reco and instead of jacking off about 0080 people are shitting on it
>>
>>15085999
>>she's not mad anymore
But she is. She is just trying to act mature because she is a princess and that is what her social role requires.

>>there's 3 of us here and we're just gonna let this bitch fly us to the enemy
Bellri wants to join the pirate to spy on them on behalf of Cumpa and Noredo is just tagging along.
>>
File: 1483491057160.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483491057160.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>15075486
The last third of the show is pure cum.

Despite what idiots with poor memory will claim, AGE had lots of well animated bits.

Makes you wonder what happened with IBO production.
>>
>>15083371
It's only missing a shaky cam and crappy editing.
>>
>>15086924
I liked AGE because it was mecha porn.

Too bad that the plot got worse and worse.
>>
>>15075294
because it's a poorly written mess with terribly executed concepts, but just enough people claim to not understand what's going on that fans of the piece believe that it's the greatest thing ever.
The BvS of mecha anime, if you must
>>
>>15087567
Found the retards
>>
>>15086924
Are you joking me? IBO's animation is quite better than this!
>>
>>15075758
It got a Trans-am esque system huh?
>>
Why do all the post Zeon UC storylines feel so disjointed? Like seriously, F91, V, Reconguista. As I watch them, they feel like they jump all over and have very vague plotlines.
>>
>>15086924
Isn't this version from the movie?
>>
>>15087661
First episode of second season actually, I think
>>
File: Swordia equipment.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Swordia equipment.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>15087672
>>15087661
It's from the TV series. The movie edition had the same fight but the AGE-1 was using the Swordia equipment.

Here's the movie edition.
>>
File: AGE ep20.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
AGE ep20.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>15087661
I think it's important to get idiots straight with this one, the only part of the AGE movie that had solid brand new mecha animation was the final battle. Yes, the show is actually full of good animation many missed since they were too busy shitposting.
>>
>>15087634

Uh-hu.
>>
>>15086924
>>15087765
>webms
Poor quality
>>
>>15086157
delete this
that's pretty gay
>>
>>15087765
wtf the happened in the last 30 seconds of that webm, it's like they edited in a scene from a completely different fight
>>
File: obvious samefag is obvious.png (8KB, 341x194px) Image search: [Google]
obvious samefag is obvious.png
8KB, 341x194px
>>15078951
Nice try. Too bad I have the original.
>>
>>15088943
Because that's exactly how that webm was made.
>>
>>15085107
>I like the character designs.

But they're shit.
>>
>>15075294
It's not, though Tomino already has envy of your name's success
>>
File: Noredo.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Noredo.webm
2MB, 854x480px
Why is Noredo so autistic?
>>
Why is G-RECO so awesome?
>>
>>15089063
Cool bullshit bro
>>
>>15089063
Tomino said that nobody will remember it in 5 years
>>
>>15075294
great story telling, action, and super effects.
>>
>>15091844
>Why is G-RECO so awesome?
because he's a Tomino show
>>
>>15091844
Mecha porn cum, batshit dialogues and lickable pussies.
>>
It's really disturbing that even Tomino treats G-Reco as a could have been good show, but feels meh about it.

To that one G-Reco fag: most of the anti-G-Reco reporting came from non ANN sources, this one even points out that ANN didn't even report this event where Tomino said G-Reco takes place after Turn A.

https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/
>>
>>15085999
The writing was absolute garbage, particularly, characters were written in a completely unrealistic way. They simply don't act like humans would. This has always been a problem with Tominos's Gundams. I don't think he understands humans very well. He's probably somewhere on the autism spectrum.
>>
>>15093893
I don't think you understand how humans behave outside of anime/TV shows or whatever small hole you live in. Also try looking into Asian humor, it'll help with understanding how different people can be.
>>
>>15093893
>The writing was absolute garbage
Only if you've never encountered regular humans, I have and people talk like this more than you'd like to believe.
>>
>>15093870
>most of the anti-G-Reco reporting came from non ANN sources
Yes, they came from click-bait sources like Yaraon, which then ANN poorly translated them from. Also Tomino feels like that about every show he doesn't hate because he's a perfectionist, so your argument that not even him likes it is invalid.
>>
>>15093870
>It's really disturbing that even Tomino treats G-Reco as a could have been good show, but feels meh about it.
He said he liked it just acknowledges that it could have been better. A show that Tomino absolutely disdains and shits on everyone who likes it is Victory Gundam.
>>
>>15093968
>>15094004

where did I say that he didn't like it. I said he feels meh about it.
>>
File: 13 (11).jpg (106KB, 950x1068px) Image search: [Google]
13 (11).jpg
106KB, 950x1068px
Bellri is checking carefully Noredo's ass
>>
File: Mask_and_Barara_show.jpg (57KB, 702x395px) Image search: [Google]
Mask_and_Barara_show.jpg
57KB, 702x395px
Mask-terpiece.
>>
>>15094978
please g-recorager get out
>>
>>15093893
Now, that's some ORIGINAL bait.
>>
File: klim shock.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
klim shock.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>15088873
>>
>>15094978
fuck off lazytownfag
>>
>>15079360
>>15085999
I finally finished it.
There are some things I just can't get with how everyone was acting, granted this is my first Tomino show, sometimes they would aggressively start firing at each other, and then at times they would be completely trusty with the enemy. Everyone kept switching sides at a whim.

Didn't Cumpa and that other guy mention that they planted a nuke in the G-Self? I don't remember them ever taking it out let alone mention it once after that initial discussion.

Other than that, I think it was ok, the final battle just had to awkwardly end with the next scene showing Flaminia actually being a midget.
>>
>>15097629
>granted this is my first Tomino show

Wait you've never seen the original Gundam?
>>
>>15075294
Tomino's next movie will topple Kimi no Nawa. It will be de-reconsruction of mecha anime. You heard it first here.
>>
>>15097629
>Didn't Cumpa and that other guy mention that they planted a nuke in the G-Self? I don't remember them ever taking it out let alone mention it once after that initial discussion.
Probably it was just to show of what Cumpa is capable of.
>>
>>15075294
I liked the characters, mech design, animation, voice acting, pretty much everything about it except the actual overall story, primarily toward the end. It just got really bad. The only way it could ever become any kind of classic in the future is if they reworked the last third of the series a lot, making it way longer, which I don't see happening.
>>
>>15077213

But Brain Powerd was the best Mecha Anime of the 90s.
>>
>>15099645
It's not even the best of its own year.
>>
>>15099613
The last third was great and the best part of the show you dumbass.
>>
File: mask chaika.jpg (434KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
mask chaika.jpg
434KB, 973x821px
>>15100590
bellri plz
>>
File: 1481508745462.jpg (116KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1481508745462.jpg
116KB, 1024x576px
The Three Stooges
>>
File: Chickara Dual.jpg (305KB, 638x850px) Image search: [Google]
Chickara Dual.jpg
305KB, 638x850px
>>15102135
Chikara a best, too good for this world
>>
>>15102155
It's a bodysuit.
>>
>>15102155
tomboy
>>
File: eeeeeeeh.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeh.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
More webms PLEASE or I eat the Nug
>>
>>15102170
Do it faggot. Call it a warning shot like always, I dare you.
>>
File: assault.png (140KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
assault.png
140KB, 500x297px
>>15102175
Be careful!
>>
>>15102170
>webms
>>
>>15099666
Your mother is not even the best of her own year, because she chose not to abort.
>>
>>15100716
Chaika a shit
>>
File: G-reco12.webm (871KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
G-reco12.webm
871KB, 854x480px
During that time, they never had sex.
>>
File: 1436459975651.png (399KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1436459975651.png
399KB, 1000x800px
>>15103565
>During that time, they never had sex.
You mean Bellri didn't snap and rape Aida after his balls became bluer than a Gouf
>>
File: aida and bell1.jpg (369KB, 800x759px) Image search: [Google]
aida and bell1.jpg
369KB, 800x759px
>>15103641
they are brother and sister anon
>>
>>15103869
but Aida love Bellri's Dick
>>
File: stop sexualiing the aida.png (386KB, 1024x946px) Image search: [Google]
stop sexualiing the aida.png
386KB, 1024x946px
>>15103935
DELET
>>
>>15075758
that character that got punched was the best character in the series

when he's hanging like a retarded chimp out of his cockpit yelling at the crew of a battleship had me in fits of laughter
>>
File: G-reco aida.jpg (839KB, 2340x3310px) Image search: [Google]
G-reco aida.jpg
839KB, 2340x3310px
>>
otp
>>
>>15104431
HYUUUUUGE NEE SAN
>>
File: Noredo 3.jpg (228KB, 1024x1666px) Image search: [Google]
Noredo 3.jpg
228KB, 1024x1666px
>>15104843
The Nug is cute.
>>
>>15104431
Do you have more of these?
>>
>>15104843
Man I wish this series was better, considering we were getting space adventures and not outright murderporn
There were like, 5 good episodes
tops
>>
>>15105809
Found the retard
>>
>>15105814
you're right, 5 is generous
>>
>>15105819
Just making it worse or yourself
>>
File: bellri mad.jpg (27KB, 480x339px) Image search: [Google]
bellri mad.jpg
27KB, 480x339px
>>15105615
>>
I started G-Reco immediately after I finished Turn A. Everything moved so fast I had no idea why people were killing each other and it really felt like it had nothing to do with Turn A even though it was supposed to be set five hundred years later.
>>
File: G Lucifer Moonlight butterfly.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
G Lucifer Moonlight butterfly.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>15105932
>set 500 years later
>nothing to do with Turn A

yeah that's the point. we got that G Lufita chan moonlight butterthighs thing, but that was just an Easter egg
>>
>>15105932
It ocurring after turn a is just a neat little wink at fans, it is not important to the plot.
>>
>>15105932
>500 years
>nothing to do with it

No shit? Let's see, what happened 500 years ago that has a direct impact on whats happening in the world today?

And talking about technologies we still use doesn't count, as the people in G-Reco clearly had no problems adapting tech from the dark history.

This would be 1517, for reference.
>>
>>15106440

Inventions
The first flush toilets appeared.
Leonardo da Vinci designs a horizontal water wheel.
Pocket watch invented by Peter Henlein.
Urs Graf invents etching.
Bottled beer invented in London.
Gerard Mercator invents Mercator map projection.
Englishmen, William Lee invents the knitting machine.
Dutchmen, Zacharias Janssen invents the compound microscope.
Galileo invents a water thermometer.

Major World Events in 1500's

» Portugal claimed Brazil (1500).
» Ottoman fleet defeated Venetians (1500).
» First African slaves arrived North America (1502).
» Tatars of Crimean invaded Poland (1506).
» Portugese conquered Malacca (1511).
» Portugese lands at Macau, China (1513).
» Ottoman took control of Egypt and Arabia (1517).
» Spanish conquered Mexico (1521).
» Ottoman defeated Hungary (1526).
» Mughal Empire founded in India (1526).
» Inca Civil War, Spanish conquered Inca Empire (1532).
» France claimed Quebec (1534).
» French defeated Spanish at Ceresole Battle(1544).
» Chinese Ming Dynasty closed all trading seaports (1548).
» Russia conquered the Khanate of Kazan (1552).
» Ottoman navy defeated the Spanish fleet at Djerba (1560).
» The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was created (1569).
» Ottoman navy destroyed by the Holy League (1571).
» Gregorian Calendar issued (1582).
» British and Spanish War on Atlantic (1585 - ).
» The Mali Empire was defeated (1599).
>>
File: barara.jpg (237KB, 628x956px) Image search: [Google]
barara.jpg
237KB, 628x956px
Because this show has the best Haman cosplayer in existence.
>>
File: Barara hayaii.webm (352KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Barara hayaii.webm
352KB, 640x360px
>>15106716
BARARA PEOR
>>
>>15106453
>And talking about technologies we still use doesn't count, as the people in G-Reco clearly had no problems adapting tech from the dark history.
Learning to read with /m/

Also none of the events you mentioned are directly relevant today except maybe the >First African slaves arrived North America (1502) causing all the muh reparations that is causing the sour relations with black people and niggers everywhere. All the other stuff has mostly been forgotten and people have moved on. Even then, the first arrival wasn't really the problem. It was that we stopped slavery in 1865 and gave them human rights. I'm not going to say chattel slavery was good, there are many better forms of slavery. But due to the fact that it was stopped, followed by about 120 years of segregation is the main issue.
>>
>>15106984
>bottled beer and flush toilets aren't relevant
>>
>>15106989
>>And talking about technologies we still use doesn't count
LEARNING TO READ WITH /m/
>>
>>15106984
>>15107031
I'm not that guy, but you're pretty much saying "Nothing from 500 years ago is relevant except the things which are, actually, quite relevant indeed".

Even accepting that, you're ignoring tech which was completely foundational to the modern world, yet has been replaced, such as the navigation techniques of the 1500s. The guy mentioned Mercator projection, which has largely been superseded by this point, but the fact that ships could travel in straight lines in 1517 is clearly relevant to 2017.
>>
>>15107062
I'm neither of the orignal two either. But the original point did specify no technology, as the Greco folks were shown to be able to easily use Turn-A tech, as the original question was why someone felt like it had nothing to do with the plot of Turn-A.

Some tech is still relevant such the MLB used by the G-Lucifer, but claiming that makes Turn-A directly relevant to Greco is like claiming Alcohol makes Baccano directly relevant to Durarara. It's a cameo, just like Isaac and Miria, the two are different stories.
>>
>>15107083
Yeah, I agree. Having to exclude technology specifically in the question should be a huge indicator that the question is going to be a very flawed analogy, which sort of answers the question immediately.
>>
>>15106453
>Major World Events in 1500's
» G-Reco (1570).
>>
>>15106984
>only relevant event is an ethnic group that was badly treated and now causes tension
How could this be related to G-reco hmm
>>
>>15107862
Ah yes, those delicious kuntalas that Loran and the moon princess ate during turn A. You fucking clown. Turn-A and G-reco are unrelated aside from Bandai's muh one timeline fetal alcohol syndrome idea.
>>
File: 1479331483353.jpg (431KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479331483353.jpg
431KB, 1000x1200px
Noredo and Bellri
>>
File: bellri and nugger.png (1MB, 1628x1151px) Image search: [Google]
bellri and nugger.png
1MB, 1628x1151px
>>15108628
nug not for fug
>>
>>15108656
pretty cool
>>
File: Greco girls.jpg (346KB, 1280x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Greco girls.jpg
346KB, 1280x1800px
>>15075305
that is absolutely not true
>>
>>15097649
What a newfag.
>>
File: capital guard barara.jpg (99KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
capital guard barara.jpg
99KB, 405x600px
>>
>>15107924
fuck off kuntalafag
>>
File: raraiya bit.jpg (70KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
raraiya bit.jpg
70KB, 480x480px
>>15114348
t. hot chocolate
>>
>>15114703
shes Lalah's daughter
>>
Is it worth watching?
>>
>>15116900
no, because G-Reco is the best gundam show
>>
>>15075294
Solid 6/10 for me
Characters, mechas, animation and worldbuilding were all really well done, but the story was told really haphazardly
This show needed 10 more episodes.
>>
>>15116664
Bakana that would require lalah to go beyond the time or somesuch nonsense
>>
>>15116900
>Is it worth watching?

Yes with audio off. It's not like listening to the dialog will make any sense so.... just enjoy the animation. It's worth it.
>>
>>15118388
Your "dialog makes no sense" meme is getting old
>>
>>15118396
>Your "dialog makes no sense" meme is getting old

You cannot deny the truth. Tomino knows how to write meaningful dialog. He just didn't care to do it in G-Reco. Deal with it.
>>
>>15075527
And it also has people taking shits in their mobile suits.
>>
>>15118475
>And it also has people taking shits in their mobile suits

That was actually pretty cool. If you pass hours and hours in a mobile suit you're going to have to deal with human waste. Knights of Sidonia had a solution. But we never had that kind of solution in Gundam. So the next best thing was the multipurpose pilot seat.
>>
>>15118487
1: I presumed that, before, it worked the same way that actual spacesuits handle waste.

2: Is that really something that needs to be detailed? Does it enhance the world that much to know "they install toilets into their mobile suits and use them while in flight"?

When watching the show, I figured "their technology looks advanced, but they haven't figured out how to handle waste in a more elegant manner, these people don't actually know what they're doing", but then they have space suits later on anyways.
>>
File: IMG_3664.jpg (147KB, 562x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3664.jpg
147KB, 562x556px
>>
>>15118467
>He just didn't care to do it in G-Reco
He did care. You just couldn't be arsed to pay atention, that's all.
>>
>>15118519
Protect this smile
>>
>>15118519
Tomino is my idol
>>
>>15116900
Is anything worth watching? Just watch it and if aren't enjoying yourself; stop
>>
File: Page_078.jpg (534KB, 1633x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Page_078.jpg
534KB, 1633x2232px
>>15112510
are you usre?
>>
>>15120621
fucking lewd
>>
File: 1477438887987.jpg (234KB, 881x680px) Image search: [Google]
1477438887987.jpg
234KB, 881x680px
cuck guy
>>
>>15118519
>fucking hate Gundam
>>
File: venusian not dio.jpg (372KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
venusian not dio.jpg
372KB, 600x800px
>>15120621
>pussy already been licked

no thanks
>>
I wanted to like G-Reco so badly. I love the music, the idea of the plot, even the art style and most of the mecha designs. So why the fuck do I hate it?

>>15120621
She was the worst.
>>
File: 1427673572422.png (456KB, 1723x1784px) Image search: [Google]
1427673572422.png
456KB, 1723x1784px
>>15122571
>>15122678
>they don't like nee-san
You're all heretics!
>>
>>15122703
Mick Jack>powergap>Raraiya>Klim>Bell>Nee-san>Noredo nuggets
>>
>>15122703
She might have been as bad as Katz in terms of being completely ineffective, illogical, and a detriment to the team.
>>
File: mick fucking jack.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mick fucking jack.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15122706
Klim must be hung like a goddamn Amerian Mustang
>>
>>15087997
>the only part of the AGE movie that had solid brand new mecha animation was the final battle
Wrong.
During Asemu's first battle in the AGE-1 he was using the AGE-1 Swordia wear which never appeared in the anime.
>>
>>15122952
The animations in that foght were the same though, they just redrew the sword
>>
>>15122952

Sorry, but they just redrew the robot's arms and legs over an existing fight.
>>
File: 1481375167319.jpg (62KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481375167319.jpg
62KB, 450x450px
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.