[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron Blood Orphans is ending soon. What kind of Gundam series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 37

File: 1482070752910.png (815KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482070752910.png
815KB, 1920x1080px
Iron Blood Orphans is ending soon.

What kind of Gundam series would you like to see after IBO? What art direction would you like to have the mobile suits take on?

I want magic Gundams.
>>
File: Atramixtape.jpg (24KB, 320x365px) Image search: [Google]
Atramixtape.jpg
24KB, 320x365px
>>15072372
>He doesn't know about season 3.
>>
>>15072372
Ugandan Wakalliwood Action Gundam with commentary by VJ Jimme on the microphone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf7tv7TtOOY
>>
>>15072372
I want another early UC show and/or another series directed by Imagawa

And FFS, please, PLEASE get Izubuchi back on board. He is literally your greatest asset if you want to sell models
>>
another 'realistic' series, but then again thunderbolt sorta fills that and we are getting a second season anyway?

>>15072376
are we really or is that advanced shitposting?
>>
>>15072372
I want an interstellar warfare Gundam.
>>
does it not have another cour coming?

I thought it was planned to run into winter
>>
Autistic MC with his harem plus aliums
>>
>>15072425
awakening of the trailblazer fit your prescription pretty well-ish
>>
>>15072372
What >>15072402 said, I want a full blown space war like something out of Macross. Deep space mech stuff is pretty rare so it'd be nice to explore their take on it.

Personally I'd like it to be a little light hearted too, maybe tone down the melodrama that people got sick of in S1 of IBO. But that's just me.
>>
>>15072372
i want something genki like Victory OPs
>>
musha gundam anime
>>
Magic/fantasy, medieval
>>
File: Cw0i62yVQAAdYcz.jpg (139KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cw0i62yVQAAdYcz.jpg
139KB, 900x1200px
>>15072372
Something gritty and realistic like 08th MS Team, but set entirely around aquatic MS and operations. Preferably from the Feddie POV, but I guess Zeon would be okay too.
>>
>>15072451
Or, just an anime adaptation of We're Federation Hooligans.
>>
>>15072451
>08th MS Team
>Realistic

Pick one, bro.
>>
We need another whiny gundam MC that just wants peace and love.

>needs loads of beam spam.
>a white base clone.
>a copy of the early UC story line.

or

>Some UC side story that doesn't actually fit well with the history of UC but because it is UC the fan base will eat it up anyway.

Really though?

I want a Origin style story of the Calamity War.
>>
Another 0079 rehash (a la SEED) directed by Araki, written by Kuroda, and mechs by Akiman and Gyoubu.

For OVAs, some new late UC would be good.
>>
>>15072463
heh, thats a good spinoff, I wouldnt be suprised if we got one even since IBO is doing fairly well atm.
>>
>>15072463
If BanRise wants to earn more money from Gunpla, they should make a Calamity War series then.

Though this may be taxing to Gyobu and other designers. They need to plan this carefully as we don't want another shit hack writing again.
>>
>>15072398
How is Thunderbolt realistic
>>
They need to make a what if OVA where Amuro and Char switch roles.
>>
>>15072464
Also, for shits and giggles, a Love Live and Gundam crossover.
>>
>>15072471
i guess i said realistic because story wise its more serious than some other gundam series.
>>
I want a story with some goddamn heroism where the protagonist fucking earns his victory through learning from his mistakes and working hard.

Also, non of this edgy bullshit. The studio doesn't have the balls to do it in a mature way so it ends up like some fanfic of a 14 year old. Stick to traditional heroic archetypes.
>>
>>15072372
A series with well developed characters, moe, and plot twists
>>
>>15072372
>What kind of Gundam series would you like to see after IBO? What art direction would you like to have the mobile suits take on?

I want more Gundam Build Fighters. I've had enough with stupid angsty pyschopathic killers and gritty war settings. Give me fun, give me a colorful Gundam, empathic characters and a show that doesn't take it itself seriously.
>>
>>15072471
>How is Thunderbolt realistic ?

UC
UC
UC
and UC. Gundam Thunderbolts takes place in the UC (real, imaginary or alternate timeline doesn't fucking matter).
Oh did I say it was a UC series ?Hence it's realistic.
>>
>>15072552
>what is G-Reco
>>
Moar late UC

C R O S S B O N E
>>
what if char didnt betray anyone what would that show be lilke
>>
>>15072471
Gundam Thunderbolt didn't even happened in real life, how can even one considers it realistic?
>>
>>15072376
Two seasons and a movie, just like 00.

Haters can deny it all they want but remember: you faggots also fervently denied there was going to be a second season.
>>
>>15072398
>Thunderbolt
>Realistic

Grimdark =/= Realistic
>>
I want a new unique Gundam series, I want they to go full crazy in the concept, kinda like what G or Turn A did back then.
>>
Another un-traditional Gundam like G.
>>
>>15072598
>Haters can deny it all they want but remember: you faggots also fervently denied there was going to be a second season.

I was wrong on the number of seasons. I wasn't wrong when I said IBO was shit. Shit during season 1, shit during season 2.
>>
>>15072372

Anything. IBO fucking sucks about as much dick as SEED. So a lot.

Personally Im hoping for more Build Fighters. I might be the only person here that liked TRY
>>
>>15072597

Prove it didnt happen in real life, bro.
>>
>>15072609

We had G-Reco and unfortunately no one liked it
>>
No episode this week ?
>>
>>15072658

If they come back with the Try crew let it be after a timeskip with the haremshit sorted out.

additionally.
>less planet destroying fights.
>less emphasis on punching shit.
>better animation.
>reduce the cast, not forever but have them go off do something else for the new season.
>focus more on gunpla building, custom work, painting and so on. Not "My gunpla has feelings!"
>no more JIGEN HOW ARE YOU.
>>
>>15072688
>"My gunpla has feelings!"

This was the final nail in the coffin for me watching GBF.
>>
>>15072372
Something that isn't shit.
>>
>>15072688

Just to keep it closer to how the first one was.
They need more cameos of other Gundam series to. Like when when you see Haman at the championships.

I have to admit thought I was reallly damn stoked when they pulled the Build Burning from the Dom in TRY.

Like if I get better at gunpla I might try that, if its even possible.
>>
>>15072666
Eh, buut G-Reco still had most of Gundam tropes, it wasn't THAT crazy, just... weird.
>>
>>15072648
Opinions are rarely wrong.
>>
>>15072449

It's called Dunbine
>>
Police Gundam
Post blah blah war, mobile suit crime is on the rise
Pilot's detective partner is the Gundam which has its own AI
Start off hating each other but they build a friendship during the show
Char clone is a masked vigilante in a random suit.
Conspiracy to start a new war has roots which goes all the way to the top of the political chain.
also a gang of pilotless mobile suits lead by a Haro in a fedora
>>
File: gundam cream.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
gundam cream.png
1MB, 1200x675px
>>15072717

>Haro in a fedora
>>
File: Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg (30KB, 300x437px) Image search: [Google]
Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg
30KB, 300x437px
>>15072717
Yeah, fuck trying anymore, let's just have Gundam rip off other shows.
>>
>>15072372
Idols. The more moe the better.

Not because I actually want idols, not because I even like idols. But because watching the autistic screeching tantrums from /m/ will be fucking hilarious to watch.

It'll be all the more better as it inevitably becomes a huge hit in Japan, because goddamn japs love idols. It'd be the most popular and highest rated Gundam series ever and you fucking know it.
>>
File: 1466962258621.jpg (22KB, 288x328px) Image search: [Google]
1466962258621.jpg
22KB, 288x328px
>>15072597
>Gundam Thunderbolt didn't even happened in real life, how can even one considers it realistic?

If it didn't happen in real life how did you and other people see it then you fucking prick?
>>
Romance of the Three Colonies. (Non SD with humans)

Earth at this point is governed by corrupt officials only looking to boost their own reputation. As a result worldwide riots take place with construction robots being reconfigured as weapons to cripple Earth armed forces.
In desperation the Earth government sends help requests towards colonies that had long been granted independence but still maintained trade ties with Earth.
Three powerful colonies answer the call and sends their own mobile weapons called Gundams to quell the riots. However after the riots are stopper it is clear the Earth government can no longer sustain itself. Leading the three colonies with their own reasoning and causes to try and gain control of Earth themselves and eventually, the other two colonies.
>>
>>15072754
hey delusional weebshit shitposter, this was an excellent headcanon.
Dreaming costs nothing, keep trying.
>>
>>15072372
Idols
Power of music
3-state Transforming mechs
Battleships that transform into mechs
>>
A masked woman
>>
Just make the mech smaller, (code geass size)

And a fun protag, no more "wall of dead emotion" ppl.

Oh yeah a lady protag would b nice (war in a pocket doesnt count)
>>
>>15072780
I, too, want more robotech anon.
>>
>>15072372
Make the main characters largely 20+
And kill most of them

>>15072790
You bastard.
>>
>>15072770
Mmm yes, more.
>>
File: tumblr_reply_n7y1n6Q8nD1r8sbu5.jpg (179KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_reply_n7y1n6Q8nD1r8sbu5.jpg
179KB, 500x705px
>>15072754
Seriously though... What's stopping them?

They have an idol IP.
It is GUARANTEED to sell well in both Gunpla and other shit.
They'll use the earnings made from it to fund a proper Gundam OVA and probably make a new IP while they're at it.
>>
No gundam this sunday?
>>
>>15072754
>>15072800
>samefag
Stop posting cancer and garbage. yurimoeshit with shit idols is /u/ or /a/. Anime is made to the japanese and not Americans
>>
>>15072802
No.

And no to the next Sunday either.
>>
>>15072372
The silliest Gundam series ever.

>>15072800
If anything, this would be the perfect excuse to do something much lighter after IBO had moral guardians up in arms.

>>15072740
At this point it would be an improvement.

>>15072658
>more Build Fighters
Then you better hope Nagasaki has time to work on the side for the OVA.
>>
File: ac1.jpg (96KB, 643x720px) Image search: [Google]
ac1.jpg
96KB, 643x720px
>>15072809
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 795x107px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 795x107px
>>15072809
There's nothing wrong with idols in mecha. Do you want every mecha to be gRiM_DarK_eDgE?
>>
>>15072372
Not really mentioning the type of genre or show here, just the things I'm looking for in a Gundam show.

I want the next Gundam to feature beam weaponry regularly again. I don't know about you guys, but I dropped IBO not because of the characters, story or animation, but because the battles and battlefields look very drab and boring because the lack of beam weapons.

Another one is I want another idealistic MC that is affected by his kills and grows as a person but doesn't go all "pacifist, no killing, disabling MS, etc etc". I hate emotionless or battle hungry MCs. The only "emotionless" MC that I liked was Heero.

No Newtype magic. If they really have to include it, just portray it as a heightened sense of awareness and piloting skills instead of telepathic communication, "seeing time", and other mumbo jumbo.

Make the Char clone start out as low/high as the MC and have their rivalry grow overtime until they're both skilled and famous ace pilots. It bothers me slightly that many Char clones just toy around with the MC and attribute not killing the MC because of the difference in MS with the MC generally piloting a much better MS (the Gundam).

A love interest who is also a pilot but on the same side. Alternatively, a love interest who is an inexperienced young but determined ship captain.

More traditional fleet battles. Most fleet battles in newer Gundams look like skirmishes compared to stuff like A Baoa Qu and Solomon. Heck, even SEED's battles feel more hectic and crowded. But also not a 1 v 100 situation like Wing or 00. That makes the Gundams look to OP.

Other than that would be aesthetic choices like the main Gundam having a shield and not recycling old sound effects unless it's within the same universe as an older Gundam.
>>
>>15072810
So now they are making fillers without even showing the episode?
How lazy can you get
>>
>>15072825

Honestly that sounds a lot like G-reco

>beam weaponry
Check
>idealistic MC that is affected by his kills and grows as a person
Bellri is sort of a pacifist though. It's not like he goes into a coma of regret when he fucks up his warning shot, but still
>Char clone is a rival that grows over time
Check
>Love interest who is also a pilot
Checked and kek'd
>More traditional fleet battles
Check
>Gundam has a shield
Check.
>Not recycling old sound effects
Honestly a bit unsure about that one.
>>
>>15072816
>>15072819
taking the places designed for Pilots and Mecha Action. Do you want every mecha to be yUrImOeShiT_wItH_IDoLs?

I'm 100% sure you're a animesukifag
>>
>>15072839
And that's why it was disappointing for me. It had so much potential but fumbled at the end.
>>
>>15072849
>anon literally says only wants idolshit just to watch /m/ get triggered
>gets triggered by anon

Wew, lad.
>>
>>15072839
They did recycle some of the old sound effects on G-Reco.

>>15072849
>>
>>15072372

>What kind of Gundam series would you like to see after IBO?

Something /m/ will not watch because discussing this show has been a nightmare experience with the only threads to talk about it being flooded with shitters.
>>
>>15072866
You didn't have to go to the threads.
>>
>>15072372
I've always wanted a Gundam dealing with alien contact. Really alien ones, too, make it hard for humanity to relate to them. A big theme of Gundam has always been how during war we dehumanize our opponents and treat them like they're incomprehensible non-people. I want to see how we deal with an enemy that really aren't humans and are so different that maybe they are incomprehensible. No cop-out like Awakening of the Trailblazer where we cheat with psychic communication, too. I want it to be a long drama about coming to understand an alien consciousness, very high-concept stuff. It would never get made, it's too artsy, but it would be cool.
>>
>>15072372
A watchable series without evil protags, slow pacing, a lack of action, bad music, and animation with consistency.
>>
File: Mecha_058d3b_5834560.jpg (91KB, 780x557px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha_058d3b_5834560.jpg
91KB, 780x557px
>>15072372
Short rant.
A simple light heart show with fantasy setting with Gundams ( lost weapons of forgotten era) would be fine... even better, a reissue of King Arthur legend with a Space opera setting and Gundams.

Long rant:
An intergalactic war among various planets and eccentric colonies. The technology is so advanced that now is almost like magic and allows humans to do crazy things. Unfortunately a lot of this technology has gone out of control, creating abominable monsters or places where the laws of physics or reality, do not make sense ... For example, there are some areas of space where you can breathe in vacuum with no problems and others where a space suit is required.

MC is Arthur. A young mechanic that work in an landfill and finds a legendary Gundam that belonged to a king of the past. Lancelot is a female here. She halfway between a "Saber" type and a Fllay Type.. Stronger than Arthur in battle with Mobil suits. Officially her mission is to convince Arthur to become the Great King that will unify space Impire, actually she wants to use Arthur to take revenge against those who have disgraced her family. Arthur is physically attracted by Lancelot, but absolutely does not want to become King, so, he tries to escape whenever he had the opportunity. However, he enjoys a lot to be pursued by this girl.
Merlin is his trusty companion: a Kazuki Inaho type, terribly bad in melee combat, but a lethal sniper and strategist.

The show is basically a treasure hunt in space to find the Main Gundam sword that, according to legend, those who succeed in this will become Kings of space.
>>
>>15072372
Gundam X reboot/do-over.
>>
File: Nigga you just went full puru.jpg (87KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga you just went full puru.jpg
87KB, 960x720px
>>15072909
>a reissue of King Arthur legend
"No"
>>
>>15072954
Why not F91?
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 564x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 564x768px
Adapt this
>>
>>15073007
I would like it for the Le Cygne, but the story is boring.
>>
>>15072998
My train of thought was I wanted to see a post-apocalyptic Gundam series that
A) Wasn't Post-post-apocalypse like IBO
and
B) Didn't just forget the whole post-apocalypse theme after like 4 episodes

So I figured "a redone Gundam X could do that."

But really what I'm saying is I want a post-apocalypse Gundam series where being post-apocalypse actually fucking matters.
>>
File: dougram winter.png (411KB, 567x746px) Image search: [Google]
dougram winter.png
411KB, 567x746px
>>15072372
A dougram style Gundam series.
>>
>>15073007
It's not popular at all
>>
>>15073162
>But really what I'm saying is I want a post-apocalypse Gundam series where being post-apocalypse actually fucking matters.
Isn't G Gundam like that?
>>
>>15072372
Aquatic gundams
>>
>>15073193
Not even REMOTELY close.

Think more Fallout with giant robots.
>>
>>15073212
After war gundam X fills that role
>>
>>15073188
Don't toy with my heart
>>
next show needs beamspam, newtypes, and powerful gundams. Banrise need to stop messing with a winning formula.
>>
>>15072372
CUTE GIRLS DOING CUTE GUNDAM THINGS
only make the fights ultra violent where half the cast is either permanently disabled or a bloodstain in a cockpit by the end of the show, because cute girl suffering sells
>>
I just want it to have more city combat.
>>
>>15073193
G isn't post-apocalyptic, earth is just a shithole. All of the actually productive people left years ago when all of the colonies lifted off and all that's left on earth is bumpkins and criminals who couldn't get permission or couldn't afford to move to the colonies. The ruined cities are mostly because of the Gundam Fight taking place on earth.

It's true there was a war before the Gundam Fight started (it's where the Death Army mobile suits came from) but nothing as apocalyptic as X. I don't even think it was as bad as the OYW, which killed half of humanity. And as much as "The Catastrophe War" sounds apocalyptic, it only killed 25% of the population, not even as bad as the Black Plague irl.
>>
>>15073232
>The Catastrophe War
*Calamity War
>>
File: p01.jpg (392KB, 1200x1708px) Image search: [Google]
p01.jpg
392KB, 1200x1708px
>>15072372
Girls Und Mobile Suits.
>>
>>15073215
Follow the conversation chain.
>>
>>15073243
This.
>>
>>15073278
Never... Bandai will not let you.
>>
>>15073232
The apocalypse theme in X also became little more than a backdrop very quickly, and wasn't long until it was almost entirely forgotten.

A Gundam series where the apocalypse theme actually mattered would deal a lot with the scarcity of supplies, ammunition, and parts. Melee combat would be more prevalent, and mobile suits would constantly be a patchwork of parts of other mobile suits. Bandai could even make it a gimmick of the line where all the weapons and armor parts from all the kits of the line were easily swappable. The main Gundam(s) would be an ever-evolving patchwork of whatever MSs it defeated recently, kind of like what Barbatos was supposed to be before that was forgotten.
>>
>>15072372
Gundam series set during the OYW following a 15 year old teenager who is forced to steal a super prototype Gundam to fight off Zeon forces before they capture it. After fending them off he's forced by the Federation military to join a super secret strike team in a white ship to fight against Zeon on Earth and space. Also make him a bland self insert character and then add a whole bunch of cute girls to the ships crew.

It's got something for everyone: OYW super prototype wank, a military setting for the REAL ROBOT autists, a harem for waifufags to get into shipping wars over.
>>
>>15072819
Idols are shit, they shit up the plot and shit up my ears
If I even hear Lucas Sing again I might literally die
>>
>>15073303
see
>>15072857
>>
>>15073302
And don't forget the silver haired red eyed effeminate trap character that will drive all the fujos nutso with yaoishipping. Oh, and the MC's little sister is also on the ship.
>>
>>15073303
>If I even hear Lucas Sing again I might literally die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjxfzfz9sok

Keep your promises.
>>
>>15073317
Im not clicking d@
>>
>>15073293
AWGX continued to be about salvaging pre-war tech throughout the series. From the scavengers in the beginning to Garrod going off in the GX to raid an old nuclear power plant to the X-Divider being cobbled together from salvage to the DX having been based on Jamil's GX-9900 to the race to D.O.M.E. Pretty much everything in the show was related to trying to regain pre-war tech, at least on the Federation's side. The SRA built a brand-new Colony Laser and only seemed to be trying to regain D.O.M.E. Even the Patoulia was pre-war salvage.
Of course the focus of the show was firmly on the Garrod/Tiffa story rather than being *about* salvaging for survival,

I get your point about the cool factor of franken-mecha. Ammo isn't really much of an issue in most Gundam settings because E-Caps and E-Packs can be recharged by whatever battleship the characters are based on. I don't think we've ever seen a group of MS operate without a battleship for any extended period of time except in 08th MS Team and they had a military supply line and a staff of mechanics to keep everything running so it wasn't much different.

Maybe something like Genesis Climber M.O.S.P.E.A.D.A where the characters are making a long journey through occupied territory with only their few mecha, a talented mechanic, and a bunch of dead battlefields to raid.
>>
>>15073330
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>15073331
>Ammo isn't really much of an issue in most Gundam settings because E-Caps and E-Packs can be recharged by whatever battleship the characters are based on
In the kind of thing I'm talking about, the characters wouldn't have this luxury.
>>
>>15073331
>Maybe something like Genesis Climber M.O.S.P.E.A.D.A where the characters are making a long journey through occupied territory with only their few mecha, a talented mechanic, and a bunch of dead battlefields to raid.
Actually this, but replace "occupied territory" with "hellscape filled with roving bands of assholes."

It'd be like MOSPEDIA meets Fist of the North Star.... with Gundams.
>>
>>15072697
>Eh, buut G-Reco still had most of Gundam tropes, it wasn't THAT crazy, just... weird.

How is Turn-A and G Gundam any different?
>>
>>15072658
>more Build Fighters.

kiddy bullshit are you five lol
>>
>>15073392
Actually G-Reco was just "Turn-A part 2".
Or, for those of us who've seen ZZ, "Moon Moon Part 3".

G was very, very different. I don't even know where to begin with explaining how different G actually was. Pretty much the only standard-formula elements of G were "war is bad" and "Gundam". No war, no civilian draftees, no battleship, no spacenoid revolution, no newtypes, no desert arc with likable but doomed enemy commander, no genocidal superweapons, no game-changing prototype, ...

Okay, maybe you could file Devil Gundam under "game changing prototype" but it was the villain, not the MC's ride.
>>
>>15072372
I'd like it if we didn't get another series just shat out right after the last.

I'd like that but it won't happen, so I guess I'd like to see them give post apocalyptic another spin for a new AU.
>>
>>15072372
Do a third SEED and force every pet peeve ANN has into it
>>
File: gundam cute.jpg (194KB, 825x768px) Image search: [Google]
gundam cute.jpg
194KB, 825x768px
Moe.
>>
>>15073395
Say what you want about the show the models are fucking bad ass.
Takes real robots and takes them over the edge with theory craft and gimmicks

Do want
>>
>>15072372
new SD show.
>>
>>15072717
Would watch

I was kind of wondering how they would adapt a first responders role to include gundam
>>
>>15072372
More grunt stories!
>>
File: 509a44126347fcd869f6e27d5b91ad8e.jpg (362KB, 1200x1672px) Image search: [Google]
509a44126347fcd869f6e27d5b91ad8e.jpg
362KB, 1200x1672px
I'd want a Gundam series like Escaflowne.
>>
File: BNB.gif (698KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
BNB.gif
698KB, 500x332px
>>15072695
>Expecting Gundam to not be shit.
I'm afraid I've got some bad news anon.

>"B-But muh Thunderbolt is goo-"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
File: 1479149237001.jpg (110KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479149237001.jpg
110KB, 600x450px
Check me out
>Humanity spreads out to space and starts colonizing the moon, earth lagrange points, Venus, Mars and Jupiter (Europa. They harvest the planet for precious fusion fuel).
>Three space elevators connect earth to space
>Mercury is dissembled by Von neumann machines to create a dyson swarm around the sun
>A new merchant-technocrat elite is created by the vast riches asteroid mining produces
>human augmenting becomes a thing to adapt man to his new habitats

Then everything goes to shit as colonies want independence and everyone starts fighting over the energy from the dyson swarm. The war ends with the dyson swarm getting infected by a dangerous computer virus that turns it into an impromptu colony laser that fucks everyone's shit up and destroys the dyson swarm.

>Fast forward a hundred or so years as humanity finally gets out of their literal dark age
>the merchant-technocrat elite are now literal nobles since they have tons of resources and superhuman physique. They rule over their territories (now severely hampered technologically since they simply ran out of energy without the dyson swarm)
>their favored weapon is the famed Gundam that was used in the war a hundred years ago.

The story is about how a minor house gets caught in a brewing conflict between nobles. When the enemy noble house tries to take the daughter of a noble house hostage, shit hits the fan and the colony gets destroyed. The noble girl activates her Gundam and makes her escape with one of the family's remaining warships.

>the noble girl and gundam pilot isn't actually the protagonist though
>the protag is a greenhorn grunt pilot who worked as a police officer on the colony before he got involved in everything going down. He later ends up escaping with the nobles.
>The story is about the legacy of the gundam, treachery and conflict, the grunt who gitsgud and a romance between a 20-something former cop and a noble girl in her late teens
>>
File: 1439312762242.jpg (1MB, 1241x1771px) Image search: [Google]
1439312762242.jpg
1MB, 1241x1771px
I remember when IBO was announced and we had no idea what the story was.

There was an almost general consensus that it was gonna be about knights in mars piloting mobile suits for feudalist colonial colonies.
It didn't help that the barbatos' silhouette looked rather knightly, and that the choice to use no beam weaponry in the series was one of the first pieces of info to come out.
Also using the western demons for names strengthened this thought.

It's sad because the way the calamity was is being told to us through the show is very reminiscent of tales of knights(gundams) taking down dragons(mobile armors).

>>15072825
>not recycling old sound effects
I never knew how much I wanted this.

>Make the Char clone start out as low/high as the MC
You could argue that Seed did this, but I like this idea.
>>
I want them to take a break for a while. We're more or less in the same Gundam oversaturation period as in the early 90s with one new series or OVA every year for the past five or six.
>>
Where is the episode
>>
>>15073843
show was cancelled sadly and will be replaced with g reco season 3
>>
>>15072372
One where Mobile Suits are still relatively new and making breakthroughs in technology so combat is mostly infantry vs Mobile suits
>>
>>15073852
we literally just got that though......
>>
Anything has long has there are three black guys in it
>>
>>15073855
No we didnt. There is no show in the Gundam universe that focuses on dismounted infantry fighting mobile suits
>>
>>15073860
we partially got it from the origin and MS igloo
>>
>>15072784
The hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>15073463
Moe-bile Suits!! ~~~~~
>>
>>15073188
>A dougram style Gundam series.

This is literally Orphans lol you people will never be satisfied
>>
>>15072372
A good one.
>>
G Gundam sequel or a slice of life with Gundams
>>
File: 1441434069207.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1441434069207.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>15074111
>>
>>15072372
I'd like to see something more like Dougram. Where the heroes are fighting and not negotiating for better conditions in the same social structure. Where they truly depend on supplies and funding. Where the world's history and economics make sense. Where space monarchies don't exist. Where idealism and peaceful protest fail and materialism and armed struggle win. And with more sexual females, especially brown ones.
>>
Kaiju.
>>
Military school.

Top Cadet get assigned to pilot a advanced mobile suite called "Gundam".

Someone add to this to make it good
>>
>>15074139

>G Gundam sequel

GBF Try is the closest you'll ever get.

>slice of life with Gundams

Turn A.
>>
Gundam AGE.

I need more Gundam AGE.

IBO wasn't entertaining enough for me.

I need more AGE, instead.
>>
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZZZ.

Pronounced as "Double Double Zeta".

If it sucks, anons can make jokes about the name, because it made them fall asleep.
>>
How long would we have to wait until the next Gundam anime once IBO is over, anyway?
>>
>>15074328

Judging by trends since AGE and assuming IBO ends in March? Probably next year's spring season.
>>
>>15074328
Going by the past few years then Fall 2017. Sunrise seems o want to pump out a new series every year.

>>15074340
>IBO S2 Fall 2016
>IBO Fall 2015
>Try and G-Reco Fall 2014
>BF Fall 2013
>AGE Fall 2011

What makes you think spring based on trends since AGE?
>>
I am thinking a story about a militia group thrown together to protect their homeland from an invasion the main character is a young man who ends up in the Gundam because of being one of the better pilots in the Militia the fighting is low scale at first but gets larger scale and maybe other factions come in
>>
Something more focused around ECOAS or other special forces units either during the OYW or after.
>>
>>15074437
UC 0085: black ops
>>
>>15074180
There's already a manga series called Ecole Du Ciel that has a similar premise.
>>
>>15072892
You want Fafner in the Azure.

>first contact with silicon-based hivemind aliens who think that humanity's way of living is weird and try to "help" humanity by assimilating it into the hivemind
>aliens are so alien that they can't figure out how humans work despite being able to read minds
>take twenty-six episodes to teach aliens "humans are born, live, and die, and would prefer to keep doing that instead of being absorbed into your hivemind"
>accidentally teach the aliens about pain and hatred along the way, so some of them go from "just ignorant about the nature of human existence" to "getting the gist of human existence, but being angry and scared about what assholes humans are"
>take another movie to teach the aliens about positive emotions and not just eating anything that makes you angry or hurt
>so many people died getting to this point that substantial factions of both the aliens and humans are bitter assholes who want to wipe the other side out at any cost
>protagonists spend another twenty-six episodes trying to lay a foundation for long-term co-existence while navigating between the genocidal factions
>>
>>15074437
I want a short spin-off OVA that focuses on a Federation special forces unit infiltrating a Zeon base, and a central point of OPERATORS IN SPACE.
>>
File: Firefly_class_ship.jpg (99KB, 700x431px) Image search: [Google]
Firefly_class_ship.jpg
99KB, 700x431px
why we're throwing out bad, boring, and bland ideas out there

how about a show about a crew of misfits and a corrupt government? throw in some dusty terrain, maybe space indians too.
>>
File: ur a kid nao.jpg (52KB, 419x486px) Image search: [Google]
ur a kid nao.jpg
52KB, 419x486px
>>15073609
I'd watch it
>>
>>15074594
>how about a show about a crew of misfits and a corrupt government? throw in some dusty terrain, maybe space indians too.
Ah yes, the worst, most boring, and blandest idea there is.
>>
I want a series about a post-war clean up crew.

A random bunch who all use older oddball MS compared to the standard mass production ones that most of the army uses. They go around hunting remnant groups, searching for unaccounted for prototypes or MIA grunt machines, stuff like that. Have the lead gundam be one of the prototypes for mass production that never made it to that phase because they picked another prototype over it.
>>
>>15073331
>AWGX continued to be about salvaging pre-war tech throughout the series. From the scavengers in the beginning to Garrod going off in the GX to raid an old nuclear power plant to the X-Divider being cobbled together from salvage to the DX having been based on Jamil's GX-9900 to the race to D.O.M.E. Pretty much everything in the show was related to trying to regain pre-war tech, at least on the Federation's side. The SRA built a brand-new Colony Laser and only seemed to be trying to regain D.O.M.E. Even the Patoulia was pre-war salvage.

That was all less salvaging and more treasure hunting.
The post-apocalyptic theme barely played a role in how all of X unfolded other than being the background lore as to why there's lost tech scattered about. You could have not even had the setting be post-apocalyptic and it would have barely made a difference for all it mattered.
>>
File: 1481419447098.jpg (643KB, 1094x1659px) Image search: [Google]
1481419447098.jpg
643KB, 1094x1659px
>>15072825
You're basically saying we need another 0079.
>Also we already have Thunderbolt though it's only a short one.
>>
>>15074636
sauce?
>>
>>15072372
Either an exploration of one of the various offscreen wars that occured in a Gundam AU (Such as the Solar Wars), or a Gundam war from a purely civilian perspective.
In the latter, mobile suits are as abundant as ground troops. While Gundams are almost never seen up close, and are shilluoetted monstrosities; the source of much destruction and terror.

Here the MC isn't trying to win the war or even join the effort; they just want to survive and escape while protecting those close to them.

Can't have a Gundam show without a perspective on war.
>>
>>15074691
Mobile Suit Gundam: Syria
>>
I would like to see some of the "popular" spin off manga get animated.

And by that I mean

Crossbone

Blue Destiny

ecole du ciel
>>
>>15072372
I just want mobile suits with copilots. I figure the deal is that the series Newtypes have pretty much the usual gamut of Newtype abilities, but using them is an active process that takes too much concentration to simultaneously pilot a mobile suit. Hence each suit has an Oldtype pilot and a Newtype co-pilot who essentially acts as a fire control system, controlling funnels and detecting other mobile suits.

The series plot revolves around Earth Government seeking out Protagonist for his AI that Antagonist Faction want to capture and use to develop, for want of a better term, Mobile Dolls which can be produced without the need for time-consuming/expensive pilot training. Protagonist is a middle-aged man who wants to be left out of it all but ends up piloting a prototype suit to keep an eye on his AI (who co-pilots it).

>>15074650
Alternatively, something like this with a fairly mellow Viscera Cleanup Detail/Planetes vibe where a salvage crew has to clean up post-battle space sectors while fighting off junkers and pirates looking for new toys. All their suits are variously upgraded with jury-rigged salvage so they have a rather... Orky look to them, I guess.
>>
>>15074200
AGE-REDUX
A new canon is made!
>>
I just want a gundam series that goes beyond Earth's solar system.

Maybe FTL is done by jump gates, and there's a war over controlling the gates or something.
>>
Spy series about events between zeta and CCA, with main heroes founding Char's Neo Zeon.
Char's Deleted Affair series OR its alternative version which would make more sense
Slice of life about Flanagan's Institute
>>
>>15074747
>Maybe FTL is done by jump gates, and there's a war over controlling the gates or something.
How about Gundam: Mission to the Rise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoXDDcce4i0
>>
>>15074714

That Kinda happens in After War X anon. Because the Main Character is an Old Type he need his NewType Girlfriend to activate the X's New Type only stuff. Fun fact the MG XX features both of them in the cockpit seat.
>>
>>15074884
That was only needed once to use the system for the first time. Garrod can activate the satellite cannon by himself every time afterward.

Neither the master grade X or Double X have a cockpit that can be opened to show the pilot inside. The MG Gundam X comes with a 1/100 Garrod figure in molded white plastic and the MG Gundam Double X comes with a 1/100 Tifa figure in molded white plastic, in standing poses separately.

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m177/p/m177_55.jpg
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m186/p/m186_41.jpg
>>
>>15074747
I'd just like a series that takes thousands of years after the they've been able to fly to space. They're so far away from Earth that they've essentially forgotten where it is.
>>
File: Total_annihilation.jpg (57KB, 421x412px) Image search: [Google]
Total_annihilation.jpg
57KB, 421x412px
This, but with Gundams.
>>
>What we need
Federation Hooligans adaptation

>My idea
>Lower tech series
>Primary setting is in a city housing a military base
>Enemy army has conquered the surrounding area
>Plot based around our main cast trying to contact the other cities as the enemy also advances to those areas
>MEANINGFUL AND IMPORTANT character deaths
>The Gundam is a unit fitted with radio equipment made to aid with contacting the outside world
>Primary weapon is a iron sword that was left in the armory
>>
time traveling gundams
>>
File: 1481364724698.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481364724698.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>15073609

But wait, there's more!
>Since Gundam has a few viewer groups to pander to, let's list them: It's the model builders, men, women, kids and fujos. Model builders are both the most grateful and the trickiest, since it's a lot in the design. I'm thinking that the grunt suits should be a mix of FLAG and Graze personally.

For the fujos, we got the hotblooded cop
>Easily irritated, emotionally dishonest with himself, curt in his manner of speech
>But also has a strong sense of justice (for good and bad) and is a natural protector (will spontaneously put himself at risk to save people he doesn't know if he sees them in immediate danger). Also surprisingly good with the kids.
>Likeable because he's a hard worker. Dislikeable because his emotional dishonesty makes him do stupid shit to himself and others
>Basically a male tsundere. The girls will love that.
>He also has a true rivalry with the mask, which the fujos will love

For the women, there's the ojou
>kind, but frustrates easily. Wants everyone to be friends. Dislikes violence. has a hime cut because that shit is my jam
>A sort of tragic heroine because lots of bad things will happen to her. Secretly starts suffering from PTSD from this and piloting the Gundam
>Also there's sort of a love triangle between her, Cop and Mask, because women love that shit.

For the men, there's the Mask
>His mask status in S1 is just teased. Introduced with a visor we couldn't see through because of the light, he sometimes wears sunglasses, in the inevitable noble party episode he's wearing an opera mask
>show starts out by implying he's a quattro
>Pilot in the ojou family's guard but is secretly the last surviving member of the royal house of mars plotting his revenge against the Ojou's family because they betrayed his parents
>Mysterious, confident, skilled but hides hate and ambition
>Midway into S1 he reveals that he's not a Quattro, but a Char as he kills the ojou's family and joins the badguy nobles
>>
female protag
>>
File: 1476988370711.jpg (36KB, 633x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476988370711.jpg
36KB, 633x480px
>>15075060

And for the kids, there's the Gundam HARO
>What makes Gundams special in this setting is that besides no expenses spared specs, they have very old learning computers that are sentient
>Ojou's Gundam is gundam HARO
>Outside the gundam he's obviously represented by a Haro
>The actual pilot for the Gundam, the Ojou is just there because of a dark age taboo against automated weapons (because computer viruses going out of control)
>Loyal to his pilot, but conflicts with Ojou because he values her life more than he values her ideals
>Doesn't like Cop because he's jealous (at the end of s1 they warm up to each other)

And the story:
S1 is your typical "colony blows up, badguy nobles chase after survivors in a warship, characters gets established among conflict and danger" for the first part. Second part is shit getting real as Mask betrays Ojou's family and they again have to escaped (this time to the boondocks that is Earth). Finale ends withOjou and Gundam against a Mobile armor while Mask and Cop dukes it out in grunt suits. Mutual destruction occurs and it's unclear if anyone but Ojou survives.

S2 is when shit gets real as the Venus (who fucking hate their shitty planet) joins the war by allying with half the Lagrange point nobles. Ojou becomes a symbol for their "righteous" cause.

Meanwhile, Mask (who is now blinded and actually has to wear a mask to see) joins the other sides as he replace the s1 main badguy as one of the leaders of the badguy nobles. They also get supported by scheming jupiter merchants. Mask also has a new agenda, which is to use the war to restore the Mars Kingdom.

Cop and Haro turns out to be alive and are revealed in the third episode. They must now work together to save Ojou and stop the war.

Do you guys like it? I'm actually planning it for my /tg/ mecha campaign.
>>
>>15072372
Whatever the exact opposite direction IBO was in and running as fast as possible away from it.
>>
A anime that expands on the Universal Century.
>>
A war between earth and spacenoids is interrupted by aliens incapable of communicating with humans who give no fucks about politics and just want the milky way's resources, show is simultaneously a MotW super robot show and a typical Gundam space war drama
>>
>>15072372
>I want magic Gundams.
Then just watch gundam 00, they even spew pixie dust everywhere.
>>
Everyone who wants out-of-solar-system shenanigans, fantasy, or non-human aliens (fuck you Trailblazer) needs to find another franchise.

Gundam is about intra-solar system conflict between humans.
>>
I dropped it after s1 finished. I didnt hate it but i found it kinda bad, does it get better in any way on s2 or is it more of the same?
>>
>>15075267
There are more fighting scenes (gunpla commercial).
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1000x700px
薄汚い外人共がガンダムに手を出すんじゃねえよ
ガンダムはいつだって日本人だけのものだ
てめえら薄汚い外人共はMegas XLRが何故糞なのか死ぬまで語ってろ
ガンダムはてめえらのものじゃねえから
>>
>>15075267
It has a bit less focus on the main cast and a few of the same flaws in the way if you think about the plot a lot of arcs hinge on bad details.
>>
Late UC series about the fall of EF and the beginning of Dark ages between UC and Turn A. The show may feature some descendants of Victory's characters and should be full of references to the fall of the real countries like Rome, Russian Empire, Third Reich.
>>
>>15072372
A Gundam show where the titular MSs are peacekeepers trying their best to avert another giant war between the four first planets of the sol system and the numerous space colonies that are all over the place.

MC is a Charclone.
>>
>>15075375
Are they good?
>>
>>15075673
The last one against the Mobile Armor was really nice.
>>
Space vikings from a rogue (and failing) colony, going colony to colony plundering the resources and kidnapping people to use as laborers.

They have developed a prototype mobile suit called the fenris, which is stronger than any federation mobile suit.

During a raid on a colony, a young girl from that colony, who is a mobile worker pilot, manages to somehow get into the cockpit of the fenris and prevent the vikings from conquering her colony.

Over time the federation is able to make mass production versions of the fenris called valkyries, and a large war with the vikings ensues
>>
>>15075753
>a young girl

Would not watch/10
>>
>>15074705

BD was never finished as a manga though.

Plus it's not -that- popular.
>>
>>15075753
So f91 mixed with 0079, but with a gurl
>>
A Gundam series written by Hideaki Anno and directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara with Tomino serving as Producer.

Khara x Sunrise.
>>
>>15076040
Not gonna happen. Tomino hates Anno with a passion and Anno doesn't care for the series past 0079.
>>
Why not do a remake of the original? The 40th is coming up soon
>>
>>15076057
Didn't he like Greco or something?
>>
>>15072648
Meh, I enjoyed it. Taking out the beam weapons and explosions made it more tactile.
>>
A 12 episode OVA about a crack team of elite grunts during the OYW. MC is a 20-something pilot who's one of the first pilots to get a GM produced at Jaburo and his GM in particular has a learning AI that is the EFF's foray into AI development to test the viability of unmanned MS.

MC and his team are to take the GM into battle and basically teach it the ropes. Hijinks ensue as they blast the shit out of those stinking Zeeks while babysitting a doofus of an AI. While they're in the field they also test a variety of new test equipment which range from weapons to addons to their GMs.

Throughout the course of the series the team bonds with the GM AI until the end, where they're sent on a mission to destroy a Zeon research facility. While they're there they come across an experimental MA and several HLVs. They fight their way into the base until MC has to go inside to stop the HLVs from launching while the GM AI fights the experimental MA on its own, finally putting what it learned to the test.

The mission is a success and the HLVs are shut down, but GM AI is left waiting for MC in the end. In the aftermath the AI project is decided to be progressing too slowly and cost inefficient, and the hardware and software has restructured itself in such a strange manner that humans can no longer understand how it functions. And because the AI is so attached to its missing pilot and his team it'd be pointless to reproduce the hardware and software.
>>
>>15072372
PLEASE JUST GIVE ME LATE UC
ANYTHING
crossbone
>>
>>15072552
An SD Gundam Force sequel with Shute as an adult and the Zakos working for the SGC.
>>
Honestly I wouldn't mind another show with a crew boys piloting Gundams like 00 or Wing, it'd probably be way more fun to watch than gritty and "realistic" shit even if the plot is retarded and full of melodrama
>>
>>15077218
just remake f91
>>
File: 1422561904379.jpg (90KB, 467x413px) Image search: [Google]
1422561904379.jpg
90KB, 467x413px
>>15075072
>>15075060
>>15073609
Fund it bruh, I mean, its rough, but hell, it could work.
As for mech design, since its nobles and shit, maybe heavy influence from knights and other medieval era stuff. Close combat a major point like IBO.
>>
File: THE LEGEND.jpg (177KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
THE LEGEND.jpg
177KB, 500x375px
>>15077420

Maybe the Gundams could be designed using real knightly armors as visual inspiration. So instead of boxy we get more rounded pieces of armor, and small flourishes such small round plates put at the joints to protect them
>>
File: 1226834386369.jpg (33KB, 403x580px) Image search: [Google]
1226834386369.jpg
33KB, 403x580px
>>
>>15073227
Or have cute disabled girls piloting Gundams.

Make it a cross between Galaxy Angel, Patlabor and Sailor Moon.

Cute disabled young women (all 16-24) piloting
Human sized Gundams and going on missions that are considered too mundane/Boring/Easy for older pilots/officers.

Make it lighthearted for the first 13 episodes as we get to know the characters and the world that they live in and then slowly raise the stakes
as the missions get more important and dangerous.
>>
>>15072372
Yoshitoshi ABe on character design.
Mamoru Nagano on mecha design.
Script by Yoji Enokido.
Director: Shōji Kawamori.

A tale set after the end of the world; a coterie of comrades who grew up together find abandon Newtypes on the outskirts of their town. With an uninterest in the political affairs of the adult world, they rebuild the Newtypes and have fun with their games.

Then, war eventually break out again, the adolescents realize it is an endless cycle and their idylic and peaceful days have been extinguish - they decide to end the war themselves and try to attain their own Arcadia.

I mean, I wouldn't mind watching a blidungsroman type Gundam focusing on adolescents growing up into adults and learning about the realities of the World around their existence.
>>
>>15072471
By realistic he means dark palettes, "hard" shadows, lots of screaming and useless, unexplored and under utilized people dying to emotional music.

Kinda like IBO S1 with a different coat of paint and more action.
>>
File: No Casuals.jpg (13KB, 308x206px) Image search: [Google]
No Casuals.jpg
13KB, 308x206px
>>15077608
>That pose
>That face

Could it be that the Father has awakened from his slumber?
>>
>>15072372
A good one
>>
>>15072372
>I want magic Gundams
Like Rayearth, would be cool. Or How about more G Gundam?
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.