[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Core fighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Corefighter.jpg (192KB, 537x305px) Image search: [Google]
Corefighter.jpg
192KB, 537x305px
Why was the core fighter abandoned?
It seemed like such a big deal in 0079.
>>
It still see's some use after 0079, its used in the GP0 project, ZZ uses it, and Victory has a Core Fighter.
>>
>>15070765
Because in Zeta everything transformed
>>
>>15070765
>Why was the core fighter abandoned?
It wasn't abandoned, you see it in all of >>15070787
plus in G-Reco and, this is just a stretch but it is a detachable fighter nonetheless, in Turn A
>>
>>15070765
They still see use in late UC, but not by much.
The Core block is too complex and expensive to be used in mass produced suits. They can largely be found in many prototypes though. (i.e., Gundam-type MS)
>>
File: nusazabicompare03.jpg (29KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
nusazabicompare03.jpg
29KB, 500x276px
>>15070765
Mainly money. Core blocks are complicated and expensive and drive the cost skywards.

They were only really used on prototype units. Also the track record was questionable. (If memory serves the GPO1fb's outright failed)

Honestly once the 360 cockpit design became common, core fighters were basically worthless. The standard eject system was FAR more practical. (and cheaper)

Pic. related:
>>
>>15070765
>Why was the core fighter abandoned? It seemed like such a big deal in 0079.

The core fighter is still used in Gundam 0083. Only the last Gundam Uraki pilots against Gato doesn't have it.
>>
>>15070790
>Because in Zeta everything transformed

Zeta plagiarised Macross. It's the most creatively bankrupt Gundam series of the entire franchise. Transformable Gundams/Mobile Suits are such a stupid concept, even more stupid than Guntanks.
>>
File: fuck this I'm out.webm (3MB, 720x491px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this I'm out.webm
3MB, 720x491px
But Core Fighters are still in use since Victory.
>>
>>15070846
The Victory suits were really an exception though. By late UC they had been able to miniaturize all the moveable transformation parts to try again.

The concept as a whole was basically dead in the water after the GPO project went to hell in 0083. A few years later the panoramic cockpit was standard and a simple escape pod ejection system was far more practical.
>>
File: image.jpg (359KB, 650x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359KB, 650x428px
>>15070765
>Not posting best core fighter
>>
>>15070765
Honestly, it's a dated design concept that was likely thrown in for toy sales. (ala the G parts in the TV version of 0079)

IMO, the only reasons it survived the movie edits were due to it being used heavily as stock footage (especially when Amuro visits his mom) and obviously for the final escape from A baoa Qu sequence.
>>
I also don't think Core Block Systems were compatible with the Moveable Frame most MS were using after the OYW.
>>
>>15070862
>the one that didn't work
>>
Because its just such a stupid concept.
>>
>>15070853
All the Crossbone Gundams had Core Fighters too, which saved Tobia twice in the X2 and X3, and ended up killing Zabine when his X2 Kai didn't have one.
>>
>>15070765
Probably took sales away from the mobile suit toys.
>>
>>15070867
I mean, it's a reasonable attempt at an escape pod for new technology. In the novel it goes into a little detail about how cramped and dirty Zaku cockpits were, so it makes sense that the earliest attempt at a feasible escape pod would be clunky too. It was also used for recon and surveillance. Hence it just being a miniature fighter plane smashed in there. I think the core fighter has a lot more "realistic" merit than just being for toys (even though that IS the main purpose.)
>>
File: Zeoned.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Zeoned.webm
3MB, 640x360px
You barely see anyone actually manage to use the core fighter because most shots are to the body and then they hit the nuclear reactor and explode. I think the only scene in Thunderbolt where you actually see a core fighter was in the very beginning when Io managed to somehow survive.
>>
>>15070949
>The one that actually makes a bit of sense and could maneuver decently in space regardless of whatever bullshit canon says to justify winged spacecraft
>Also the one that looks the coolest
>>
>>15070837
Actually, a core fighter unique to the Dendrobium Stamen is included with the MG and HG kits. Not sure if it showed up in the animation, because I can't be assed to find the external hard drive just to watch 0083.
>>
>>15071168
Kissanime??
>>
>>15071142
What winged pure spacecraft are you talking about? Everything I can think of with wings was also meant to operate in atmosphere (though that itself is also kind of a bad idea).
>>
File: SOLOMON,_I_HAVE_RETURNED!.jpg (775KB, 3033x2144px) Image search: [Google]
SOLOMON,_I_HAVE_RETURNED!.jpg
775KB, 3033x2144px
>>15071168
Originally a core fighter version was used (Gundam Evolve 4). However, it was changed to the current setting because if ever the Dendrobium had faced a foe so powerful that it could destroy the MA unit Orchis, the Stamen would not stand a chance and should not continue battle. Therefore, there was no need for 2 escaping devices since the Stamen itself was considered to be used for escape purposes.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-78GP03S_Gundam_%22Dendrobium_Stamen%22
>>
>>15071168
Stamen never shows its core fighter because it was never destroyed, only the Orchis was. Once Kou ejects from the MA the battle is basically over.
>>
A "Core block" system meaning easily changeable body parts is a great idea itself as it would make maintenance a breeze.

It's a pretty dumb concept in Gundam practice though, as literally all it is is a space flight capable fighter jet that composes the torso of a mobile suit. Think about it, when it comes to fighter jets how often do you get to witness "Gosh darn that plane sure is durable when withstanding gunfire!".

A space fighter decked out with thick luna titanium armour would also probably be heavy as fuck.
>>
>>15071142

> looks the coolest

Disagree, if anything it may be the worst since the two big, spheroid thrusters look wildly out of place stuck to an otherwise rather flat design. The Victory is probably the best looking if the bunch, though I haven't ever really considered it.
>>
>>15070765
Real reason? It was made to sell toys
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.