[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neo Ranga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: ranga.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ranga.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
Am I the only person who thinks this show is criminally under-rated and unpopular?
I love the world-building, the (admittedly blunt) social commentary, and the ultimate message of "fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" being the way to happiness.

Also something about the designs of Ranga and the Kyoshin genuinely unsettle me, way more than the Angels in EVA or Dolems in RahXephon or whatever.
>>
inb4 False Advertising.
>>
>>15070589
To be honest, I like the final product a lot better than I like the opening/promotional artwork.
My only comment is I sometimes wish there was a bit more Patlabor 2-esque focus on the whole military and political power systems.
I'm also torn between whether that would have made the Ibuki scenes near the end more or less poignant.
>>
File: anime power level chart.jpg (3MB, 2958x2270px) Image search: [Google]
anime power level chart.jpg
3MB, 2958x2270px
>>15070583
>Am I the only person who thinks this show is criminally under-rated and unpopular?
nope, plus in terms of power levels they're high up
>>
I never got past the second episode because of the massive drop in quality as far as the animation went. Should I pick it up again?
>>
Okay that weirdly sexy image got me interested, but what's the show actually about? What do the mecha look like? Is it monster of the week?
>>
>>15070583
from what I saw of the Christmas episode it looked kinda fun, like Girls and their pet kaiju fight monsters or something
cute mascot dragon thing too
>>
>>15070810
One mech and sadly not enough monsters to be monster of the weeky sadly
>>15070805
Yes already! Ushio is Asuka done right!
>>
>>15070820
>Ushio is Asuka done right
This is probably a joke but what?
>>
>>15070865
same voice actress and a much better character overall
>>
Is this another not-Eva? After I watched Rahxephon and that shitfest Jinki Extend I'm avoiding anything that seems similar.
>>
>>15070583
i like the series only thing what bothered me was the lenght of the episodes 15minutes each why not just make it 26 so the sereies tosnt have 48 episodes and only 24-25
liked how it chenged from light comedy to drama at the end when they realised they fucked up and are screwed
>>
>>15070928
In my mind, it's not even remotely Eva. It's a slice-of-life about a group of sisters who find out they have a pet God. Some more... mechy-of-the-era elements show up later, but I can't really call them Eva.
>>15070954
Yeah, the length of the episodes is irritating.
I actually do like the change from light comedy to drama. It doesn't really feel, to me, massively out-of-place.
>>15070805
Depends. The animation can be... really iffy, at times. I find the show is really comfy, though.
>>
>>15070990
>>15070928
Just because it tries to deal some more or less serious themes it doesn't make it an Eva clone. In fact, unlike Eva, it is actually a commentary on religion and society.
>>
>>15070583
DE DE DE DEDE
du du duduu ddududuu du du duuu
du du duduu ddududuu da

this is all i can remember from this series
>>
It's a good thing Yuhi loves her sisters. She could probably out villain the actual villain if she was so incline
>>
I wish it got an HD release already. Even just for the OP alone.

Overall, the show was pretty cool, but the aforementioned OP is definitely misleading.
>>
>>15071443
still wonder if she fucked any of the guys or just cookteased
>>
>>15071622

She was a tease. The big sis is the one you need to question
>>
>>15071672

She was a hostess right?
Damn was she hot.
>>
>>15070810

Lovecraftian gods and SOL.
>>
File: ranga 2.jpg (44KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
ranga 2.jpg
44KB, 500x355px
>>15070810
> but what's the show actually about?

Three down on their luck sisters found out their missing brother fucked off to marry some island princess making them marriage the inheritors of the island's god Ranga.

What follows is an almost melancholic slice of life tale as the sisters try to make sense of what to actually do with Ranga and it's effects on the world around them.

>Is it monster of the week?

Ehhhhhhhh, not really. There's action more towards the end but it's more of a slow(intentionally) paced show that's more about the characters
>>
How fanservicy is it?

I remember seeing that promoart in an anime magazine when I was 11 years old and jerking off to it many times back in the day
>>
>>15071777
>How fanservicy is it?
>>
>>15071777
If you watch it expecting naked girls in tribal paint, you'll be very disappointed. They do actually put on tribal paint like that at one point later in the show, but they're in togas also. The youngest one has a lot of lingerie scenes because there's this pervert who keeps giving her fancy underwear as gifts but she doesn't even pretend to like him. They're in regular clothes for 99% of the show.

It is a pretty good story, though. I highly recommend it, but don't expect to be doing much fapping except during the OP and ED.
>>
I kind of wish 80% of all Neo Ranga threads weren't about debating people feeling betrayed that the show wasn't about naked girls.
>>
Yuuhi is so goddamn good

Like, holy fuck
>>
>>15071823
It's called reasonable expectations. If I buy a movie and it has naked girls on the cover I have a reasonable expectation that the film contained therein will feature naked girls.

Imagine, if you would, you went into a store. You see a box of cereal. Featured on the box of cereal is fruit shaped and multi coloured mashed corn byproduct. You purchase this box cause mashed corn byproduct that is multi coloured and fruit shaped is your favorite.

So you get home. You open the box and pour out the contents to engage in some next level mashed corn byproduct hedonism. Except the box does not contain fruit shaped multi coloured mashed corn byproducts. It actually contains grounded heat treated wheat flour byproduct. How do you think you'd feel at that moment?

That's how people feel, watching Neo Ranga.
>>
>>15071823
>>15071870
Specifically, the art shows an unusual (for anime) tribal bodypaint aesthetic. Having something with that much visual impact, something that's defining your advertisement, be completely absent from the actual show is bound to make a lot of potential viewers pass it up.
>>
>>15071870

damn, now I want cereal
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.