[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oshii is a hack and a rip off artist pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: neuromancer-br2(2).jpg (23KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
neuromancer-br2(2).jpg
23KB, 467x700px
Oshii is a hack and a rip off artist pic related
>>
>>15070227
He is a rip-off artist, but Neuromancer really isn't a good example of something he's ripped off.

And I think you're keenly aware of that, and that, by accusing Oshii of ripping off something he hasn't ripped off, you hope to bring discredit upon all those who (rightfully) point out that Oshii tends to rip off other artists.

Will it succeed?

Will people take your post seriously?

Who knows? Maybe it will even spark a whole current of hipster Oshii fans who will place his works on a pedestal solely out of spite against the fictitious members of an equally fictitious "anti-oshii bandwagon" that you're roleplaying as.

Or maybe they'll see through your shit and realize that you're just the Nagai troll who found himself a new target.

Only time will tell.
>>
>>15070246
Have you read Nueromancer at all??
>Or maybe they'll see through your shit and realize that you're just the Nagai troll who found himself a new target.
Nah actually I fuckin hate that guy and the "lazy art" faggot and the Zeta hater too.
Truth is I wanted to discuss the book and know this is the best way to get replies on /v - ermm, I mean, Neo-/m/
>>
Neuromancer is my favorite novel.

It's been in movie development limbo forever. There was a comic adaptation, which only ever had one issue.

Being a fan of this book is hard.
>>
>>15070227
I just started reading Gibson's Zero History right now. I'm probably going to check Neuromancer after I'm done. Really makes me wish that I had more time to read.
>>
the book was too edgy for me
>>
Necromancer is about a guy who doesn't actually do anything.
>>
>>15070354
>>15070347
Just finished Count Zero and I'm about to order Mona Lisa Overdrive and Burning Chrome. I got alot less anime vibes from the second novel. Did Japan only ever get the first one translated or something?
>>
>>15070381
Turner from Count Zero is similar. I think its just the way he writes. His characters are moved by events bigger than themselves, I dunno if its part of the dystopic themes of the books or if he always does it that way.
But hell, books like that are way popular. I mean, what did Harry Potter ever do on his own?
>>
>>15070387

He moped.
>>
>>15070368
Then god help you if you ever read Blood Meridian or Berserk
Or hungry hungry Caterpillar
seriously though I dont remember anything particularly edgy for a Noir novel, what are you referring to?
>>
>>15070227

A lot of people ripped of gibson

Oshii was not one of them
>>
>>15070394

There was that druggie illusion man, he was pretty edgy.
>>
>>15070394

Doesn't some Trinity chick literally have blades in her hands lol.
>>
>>15070412
>Trinity
Its Molly you fucking nerd. Also: Wolverine. And Adam Jensen. Same shit.
>>
>>15070412
>>15070227
The real Nueromancer rip off anime is right here. Yeah GITS had the "combining with the Internet God" thing but otherwise, this takes the cake for unoriginality
This bitch is LITERALLY Molly
>>
>>15070430
"combining with internet angel" comes from the manga anyway, it wasn't Oshii's idea.
>>
>>15070437
Is the manga actually worth my time? Im not into anime as a fapping medium and the dudes artstyle absolutely screams exactly that
>>
File: master league gamer.png (105KB, 254x195px) Image search: [Google]
master league gamer.png
105KB, 254x195px
>>15070437
more like "combining with meme angel".
>>
>>15070442
depends.

Besides the art, it has several advantages over the movie:
-the conversation between Motoko and 2501 is lengthier, more detailed and Motoko is a bit more critical of 2501's ideas.
-Motoko is given more characterization and feels more like a person, and we get to see how she became an angsty, misanthropic weirdo who's only motivated by curiosity.
-There are several different plots, with some variety.
-There's a lot of technobabble that might interest you.

and it's not that long

My advice is to skip what doesn't catch your attention and only read the parts that look interesting.

It's clearly not Shirow's best manga anyway.

Oh and STAY AWAY FROM MAN-MACHINE INTERFACE unless you take bullshit psychobabble extremely seriously.
>>
Is Idoru any good? A western dude writing about Not - Hatsune Miku sounds interesting
>>
>>15071981
Yes.
>>
>>15070227
William Gibson is fucking awful. I tried reading Neuromancer once and couldn't get 100 pages in.
>>
>>15072750
have you tried reading it while listening to ATR?
>>
The main guy in Neuromancer literally doesn't do anything.
>>
I read through Neuromancer last month and I liked a lot of it, but fuck man, I felt like I was translating it half the time.
Like I have no idea what words were actual words or made up cyber slang half the time and I definitely know shit all about Rastafarian culture.

I had trouble visualizing a lot of the things described in the book for some reason. I could really go for an art book based on it.
>>
>>15072879
Something like that happened to me while reading Burning Chrome and Johnny Mnemonic, There are times I'm not sure if they are metaphorical until later on, and by that I mean I didn't get who Chrome was until the end of the story. And it came hard when there was a literal dolphin that was a literal junkie
>>
>>15072879

A lot of books do this. Even Harry Potter. It's kind of a lazy way of worldbuilding. Just tell you that society is different without having to try hard to explain it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.