[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anime is this? Some shitposter was saying it was better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1483001622579.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483001622579.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
What anime is this? Some shitposter was saying it was better than Gurren Lagann and I want to know how full of shit he was.
>>
>>15069768
Boku no pico and it blows that overrated shit outta the water
>>
>>15069768
Looks like Fafnir to me, though just from that image I couldn't tell you whether it's Dead Aggressor or In The Azure.
>>
>>15069768
Fafner Exodus.

It's very good.

You shouldn't watch it without having seen at least the first series, and preferably the Movie and OVA as well.
>>
>>15069781
>and preferably the Movie and OVA as well.
it's all required.
Miss one and things fall out of place.
>>
>>15069902
>>15069781

Im going through season 1 now and Im somewhat invested at the halfway mark but fuck me getting there is a crawl
>>
File: fafnerunderstandingguide.png (4MB, 949x1072px) Image search: [Google]
fafnerunderstandingguide.png
4MB, 949x1072px
>>15069768
You have been warned.
>>
>>15069768
Gurren Lagann doesn't even get to lick Fafner's boots.
>>
>>15069768
It's ok, not the best thing ever, but /m/ has been infested with Fafnerfags lately so expect a lot of hyperbole.
>>
>>15070710
>but /m/ has been infested with Fafnerfags lately so expect a lot of hyperbole.
Ok anon if you say so. You obviously are the only sane person around so your opinion should be held in the highest regard!
>>
>>15069768
>better than Gurren Lagann
It is, but if Gurren Lagann is your standard for quality anime, watch more anime.

>I want to know how full of shit he was.
never go into a show or anything with this kind of mindset.
>>
>>15069775
It's the sequel to Boku no Pico.
Bokurano Pico.
>>
>>15071288
>a bunch of faggots get trapped in a robot that kills them when they use it or have sex.

I'd watch it.
>>
>>15069768
>better than Gurren Lagann

Don't get me wrong, TTGL is a pretty great show but there are many better shows.
>>
>>15069768
Well, it's better written than Gurren Lagaaan, that's for sure. I hope you realize it doesn't necessarily mean you have to enjoy it more, though.

As >>15071220 said with this kind of mindset you can trick yourself into hating anything.
>>
>>15070621
Does this encompass everything Fafner related to get a coherent story understanding? I would see it playing on Toonami every now and then a couple years back but never bothered to watch.

Those 4 shows listed in the macro, watched back to back, is the best viewing method?
>>
>>15071344
>Fafner
>On Toonami

Wait what
>>
>>15071304
>it's better written than Gurren Lagaaan

Children's books are better written than Gurren Lagaan. Little children's books
>>
>>15071377
kek, he means gundam SEED.

He's either shitposting or Hirai's designs were that recognizable
>>
>>15069768
Everything is better than Gurren Lagann just by the virtue of the fact that they're not generic and uninspired.
>>
>/m/ pretends to dislike TTGL for reasons other than "bad people like it and that bothers me"
>>
Gurren Laggan > Fafner

Only shitposters will disagree with me.
>>
>>15071673
No one here is saying it's horrible, it's just not as much of a masterpiece as many claim it to be.

It's a solid tale that reflects on the super robot genre, but after that there's not much to it.

I like it, but I wouldn't use it as a standard to hold other anime up to.
>>
>>15071684
I also should add that they're pretty much completely different shows in everything from story structure and tone to animation styles.

They each serve their purposes well, but comparing them really isn't gonna get us anywhere.
>>
>>15071673
>>15071682
>>15071684
It's horrible. Get over yourselves. TTGL is childish power fantasy that could only appeal to 5 years old.

This guy here >>15071382 said it right. Even children story books are better written and are more exciting than TTGL's. You could argue that it's "entertaining" and just dumb "fun", but the even the mecha fights are pretty boring and poorly choreographed. If you think people hate TTGL because it's popular, you're wrong. People hate it because they're only realising now just how insipid TTGL actually is. I'd take the retarded writing found in Code Geass over TTGL's any day of the week. At least you know the writers tried, as opposed to making the safest boring soozefest that TTGL is.

Heck, I'll even take Naruto's shit-tastic shounen writing over TTGL's, and that's saying something.
>>
>>15071686
Gurren Lagann serves the same purpose as Soda.

Cheap Instant self gratification for people with no self control
>>
>>15071703
>Cheap Instant self gratification
I'd argue it isn't since Simon gets beat down a lot throughout the series and has to overcome these struggles to get to a bittersweet end.

instant self gratification would've been something like
>I have a robot so everyone should automatically suck me off

but this doesn't happen until he mans up, learns to deal with loss, and is able to overcome his struggles using his own strength and eventually his friends' as well.

I don't think GL is complete trash, but I don't think of it as anything stand out aside from its art direction.

I do think that it's a very simple and straightforward story with simple themes that accompany it, and that's perfectly fine to me.
>>
>>15071702
Fuck off shrimpy, TTGL is great
>>
File: 54092797_p7_master1200.jpg (105KB, 672x850px) Image search: [Google]
54092797_p7_master1200.jpg
105KB, 672x850px
With Fafner, you either drop it during the first season or think it's one of the greatest mecha series of all time. There is no in-between.

>>15069909
Hang on until Mk. Sein debuts, bucko.
>>
>>15071344
Yup, just do as the pic tells you and you will be alright. Be warned though, it's not light viewing.
>>
>>15070621
I do think this could be updated with including the drama CDs in S1.
>>
>>15073115
Were those ever translated anywhere but fucking LiveJournal?
>>
>Can't find the good subbed episodes
>Only the bad ones
>>
>>15073128
Nope.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.