[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't victory ever get a dub?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: victoire.jpg (43KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
victoire.jpg
43KB, 704x480px
Not even a fan dub...
(inb4 low popularity)
>>
>>15067507
>(inb4 low popularity)

well if you're not gonna want to hear the answer don't ask the question.

It costs a lot to dub a full 50 episode anime and most US broadcast companies wouldn't even look at V
>>
>>15067507
Because it only came to North America officially this year and dubs are expensive
>>
>>15067507
a straight up FAN dub for an anime?

what the fuck, only the spanish/mexicans do that shit and theyre retarded af

Is this a nu-male thing or something?
>>
>>15067507
>why did no one dub one of the most forgotten Gundam shows that didn't even get an official release outside of Japan for over 20 years

Beats me.
>>
>>15067607
Fan dubs were actually a common thing in the late 80s and early 90s but of course that would require five seconds of google searching to learn rather than one second of shitposting.
>>
are the bluray subs out yet?
>>
>>15068384
I'm wondering the same thing, I haven't seen them anywhere.
>>
>>15067507
UC Gundam failed in America because it was brought here way too late, and after Wing and G were already hits with kids.

The original was only brought to America because Bandai Japan forced Bandai Entertainment to dub it, and paid CN to air it.

Bandai and Toonami wanted Turn A.

BOJ also forced BE to bid on their shows despite never giving them to other companies at the time, and they essentially had to pay the price BOJ decided was best. Which was always really high.

So that's why Victory never got dubbed, and why it's only being released now after all these years. Because BOJ lost their American lackeys and are forced to play fairly.
>>
>>15067952
I'm not doubting that it existed, I'm saying that it's fucking retarded, just like you
>>
>>15069956
You can keep damage controlling all you want but in the end you're the one who made a bunch of retarded assumptions that could've easily been corrected through a quick internet search and then got assblasted when you got proved wrong.
>>
The better question is who would you hire to dub the bikini laser squad death scene

Like, how do you do the read for that?
>>
>>15070138
I imagine it would be a lot like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z082VAWmPdw
>>
File: 1482681676184.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482681676184.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>15069956
>Uses the term "nu-male"
>Dares to call others stupid
>>
>>15069938
>Bandai and Toonami wanted Turn A
That's straight up depressing. I would like to have heard an Ocean dub of Turn A.
>>
>>15070289
feel free to kys anytime now stupid fuck
>>
>>15067952

How common have they been since then? Cause the only ones made with a goof while are abridged ones as far as I can recall. And while Victory came out early 90s, most any fan dub effort would have to have happened after that given the logistics of time and effort.
>>
>>15070484
Dragonball super has a fan dub.
>>
>>15070315
Can't wait for you to go back to school, kid.
>>
>>15071896
Can't for you to off yourself, fucker
>>
>>15070302
I want Ocean to get Gundam again, love to hear Brad Swaile voice a Gundam Villain.
>>
>>15070302
Especially if McNeil voiced Gym like he ended up doing in the DWG games.
>>
>>15069956
>waaah I don't like the idea, waaah I need to vent all my traumas with this, waaah

Just kys buddy.
>>
>>15069938
It's like BoJ purposely wanted to sink their US operation
>>
>>15072296
You first lil bitch
>>
>>15072340
>waaah Muh little bitch, waaah

Can you argue at least?
Little bitch :^)
>>
>>15072344
>:^)

Absolutely and inequivocally KYS right now
>>
>>15072325
Years down the road they attempted to enter the US industry themselves by releasing overpriced Blu-rays with one or two episodes a piece. They also had forgotten the licensed one of their shows out to Sentai. I don't even know if the show they did was even finished. It was a huge failure.
>>
>>15072325
>>15072855
They didn't attempt having Gundam licenses out again until they approached Right Stuf, which is the only company that would accept their all-in-one package deal for nearly every single Gundam show.

Good thing too, since Right Stuf hasn't dubbed anything in ages and still won't for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>15072855
>Years down the road they attempted to enter the US industry themselves by releasing overpriced Blu-rays with one or two episodes a piece.
Tell me that this isn't real. That shit was barely tolerable in the 90's, and that was when it was semi-legitimate because of VHS.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.