[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newtype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1731313-newtype_flash.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1731313-newtype_flash.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
Was it ever explained how one goes about becoming a newtype? Are you born that way or do you have to reach some unknown point passed human limits?
>>
>>15066169

Exposure to minovsky particles

there
>>
>>15066169
1. Live in a world where giant robots shooting each other with beams is commonplace
2. Pilot one of said robots
3. Become so good your reaction time exceeds the speed of light and you start to react to events in the future
4. Get condemned to a life of misery as a puppet for war
>>
>>15066169
>Was it ever explained how one goes about becoming a newtype? Are you born that way or do you have to reach some unknown point passed human limits?

You either have have your brain messed up -> cybernewtypes

or

have some kind of cosmic orgasm and see space swans
>>
>>15066169
I don't recall the English translated novels getting into exactly what triggers newtyping, but if anything in English might explain it they're probably it.
>>
Pretty sure it's just exposure to outer space. I'll dig through the novels for a page reference.
>>
>>15066179
fpbp, but if you wanted to theorize, ancient space whales/newtype dolphins could be something to do with it
>>
>>15066183
But Lalah and Kamille were both doing newtype shit before they ever became pilots.
>>
File: 1457478635704.png (370KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457478635704.png
370KB, 640x480px
>>15066169
humanity's natural defense mechanism develop newtype powers in order eliminate Zeeks, as long as a single one remains. Which is why a fewer newtypes linger in late UC.
>>
>>15066179
Has to be, it's not like anyone honing their skills and reaction times through combat is some supernatural thing.
>>
>>15066169
Go to a place outside of Earth's gravity field
Let your soul roam free and touch other people's hearts
Use your compassion as fuel to depression and delusion while killing everyone you encounter
>>
>>15066169
Well, through a misunderstanding of how evolution works, you assume that you have reached some mythical next step of humanity and thus delude yourself into having real psychic powers.
>>
File: 1478563470429.jpg (54KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478563470429.jpg
54KB, 960x720px
ITT: /m/ and their struggle with shit posting and gravity.
>>
Newtypes always seem like wasted potential to me. The whole "souls bound by gravity" always seemed stupid since newtypes are more prone to flights of fancy or having their heads in the clouds, so are oldtypes more grounded then? The juxtaposition between the two is never really explained and it tends to just be "newtypes are better cause we are peaceful" even though newtypes caused most of the conflict from Haman's Zeon onwards.
>>
it's literally just "dude space lmao"
>>
>>15066214
But Uso became a Newtype while on Earth.

IIRC Tomino said being a Newtype is more of a mindset rather than blatant increased combat potential. So I guess it's kinda like a combination of intelligence, willpower, being put through trauma, etc.

I think becoming a Newtype is similar to reaching Nirvana during meditation or some shit like that.
>>
>>15070223
>even though newtypes caused most of the conflict from Haman's Zeon onwards.

Congrats man, you figured it out
Even if we UNDERSTAND each other conflict will exist.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.