[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Violence Jack ovas underrated? The first ova was kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0011.jpg (1MB, 1280x1650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
1MB, 1280x1650px
Are the Violence Jack ovas underrated? The first ova was kind of mediocre, the third ova was better, but the second ova is one of the greatest things I ever watched. Why do people give it so much shit?
>>
File: based story by Go Nagai.jpg (28KB, 704x424px) Image search: [Google]
based story by Go Nagai.jpg
28KB, 704x424px
>>15064984
>underrated
Fuck no. They're very well-known.
>>
>>15067837
no, they're relatively obscure and generally regarded as shit
>>15064984
To answer this question, you have to ask yourself
-where did you get that info?
-what kind of people are most likely to post their opinion of Violence Jack there?

first answer:
-on review blogs, forums and rec sites like ANN
second answer:
-vain assholes who think they have a reputation to uphold, and are therefore under constant peer pressure.

So what do you get from this? Pretentious reviewers who will typically model their tastes after what they assume a mainstream movie critic would think.

A mainstream movie critic would typically dismiss Violence Jack as garbage, so these guys feel obliged to prevent themselves from enjoying Violence Jack, and to make sure that everyone knows they don't like Violence Jack.

Because if you admit that you like ultraviolent goresploitation and that you think it's just as impressive and interesting as "artful anime", then nobody's gonna take you seriously, right?

That would be terrible.
>>
File: tumblr_m162jfE3dT1r1c6jgo2_500.jpg (55KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m162jfE3dT1r1c6jgo2_500.jpg
55KB, 500x300px
>>15064984
>Are the Violence Jack ovas underrated?
>>
>>15067846
>ANN
sorry, I meant MAL
>>
>>15067846
>relatively obscure
Man, even people who grew up during the 90s knew what they were due to the big shitstorm they created when they were brought over similar to what happened with Legend of the Overfiend. Stop being so underaged, or at least venture out of your own little hole.
>>
>>15067869
>Legend of the Overfiend

One of my first mature anime watches. Late night TV during junior high school.

Looked like slice of life, then hentai, then I got scarred for years, many and long years. Talk about trial by fire.

Still better than Violence Jack though.
>>
>>15064984
>Are the Violence Jack ovas underrated?

No it's like the first anime 13 year olds watch when trying to find the goriest ones made.
>>
>>15070546
Violence Jack isn't about gore, it's about human nature.

Clearly it's too deep for you.
>>
>>15071569
That might have been the intention, but it fails pretty badly to deliver.
>>
>>15071847
I don't expect Pablo to understand the life complexities of Japanese man living in the 21st Century. In other words, you're just too retarde to get it. Step aside and let the adults talk.
>>
File: 002.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>15067873
Never saw it, but it would be like OP trying to say that it is obscure just because nobody really talks about it anymore even though EVERYONE knew what the heck it was or at least has heard of it. It's on the same level as the VJ OVAs especially for the censoring debacle and such when they were brought over.

>>15071866
Are you that same guy from that Devilman Lady thread on /a/? Seems like it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.