[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 52

File: Mika.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Mika.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
Episode 38 - Ver. 6.0
>>
I dont get why people say this is a really bad series, all the ratings show it to be really good. Or should i ignore the shitposters?
>>
>>15063267
>shitposters
just ignore them, they're weebshits from ANN, MAL, reddit and Animesuki.
>>
>>15063267

You should watch, read, question and think for yourself.

Good ratings can be good, or it can be Twillight good.
>>
>>15063257
>6.0

Seriously man, at this rate we'll reach Ver. 16.0 before the next episode even airs.

How about we lay off these threads until some new info is revealed?
>>
>>15063267

The ratings aren't great to be totally fair.

That being said, yes, totally avoid and ignore the shit posters.

If they didn't like the series they would just stop watching it at this point, but they clearly are not.
>>
>>15063321
the series tends to average 8/10 from most reviews, its no iconic series but then again gundam never really was.
>>
>>15063316
People like to speculate

Sure a lot of people come here to shit in either direction but it's likely a new arc with new Gundam just around the bend.
>>
File: 123454223.jpg (185KB, 1000x656px) Image search: [Google]
123454223.jpg
185KB, 1000x656px
You fuckers promised me Atra would die in the first episode of IBO because "Hurr hurr everybody dies in Gundam" You lying fucks
>>
File: Cam.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cam.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>15063267
Anon, ratings are always a difficult beast. Something that's good now may suffer in the long run like Gundam SEED did. Heck, I know a guy who loves this show, would have rated season one 8/10 on his first watch only to say he'd give it a seven after the second ( and feels it deserves less than that, but he just loves the setting). And there's a lot of people who didn't like it on Toonami that didn't give the show a rating.

Just watch it for yourself and form your own opinion man
>>
>>15063316
Or whoever is making these can threads can not make them so soon, the last one is on page 3
>>
File: up79102.jpg (41KB, 472x615px) Image search: [Google]
up79102.jpg
41KB, 472x615px
>>15063350
The season is not over yet, there is still time, didn’t they say that in next month newtype it mentions about Atra facing some hard trials or something like that? Can’t remember but some anons were speculating with this scan, if you get sudden development in IBO you can die
>>
File: 1482808015027.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482808015027.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>15063570
>Atra facing some hard trials
Aren't they just talking about her prepping the jew?
>>
File: 777.png (606KB, 1026x1000px) Image search: [Google]
777.png
606KB, 1026x1000px
>>15063570
>>15063580
Atra just wants a baby. Will Okada show the sex in TV?
>>
>>15063582
I dunno how many gundam MC's have canonically fucked during their show?
I know that our lord and saviour did.
>>
>>15063570
That's her saying "I want [you] to have kids with Mikazuki." The line in that magazine image took it out of context. Because of the way Japanese works, it's ambiguous WHO she's talking about (herself or Kudelia) based on that one image without the "I have a favor to ask you" setup.
>>
File: you.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>15063333
>its no iconic series but then again gundam never really was.
>>
>>15063594
Just looking at Jesus Yamato pisses me off.
>>
>>15063267
It's sure as shit better than AGE and G-Reco. Both of which couldn't hold my interest for 7 episodes. AGE even less.
>>
File: 1476145168507.jpg (166KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
1476145168507.jpg
166KB, 1280x722px
>>15063267
It's an extreme case of "Stop liking what I don't like!"
>>
>>15063630
The bleeding Gundams thing was a quirky art direction liberty at first.

After last episode it's starting to get annoying and forced.
>>
>>15063635
I don't really notice it being over used

But I often notice it being bad ass.
>>
File: hg-ibo-gundam-flauros.png (347KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
hg-ibo-gundam-flauros.png
347KB, 640x400px
>>15063630

Goddamn, Gusion is glorious.
>>
>>15063682
>Gusion is glorious.

Your taste in mecha is atrocious.
>>
>>15063770

Well suck it up, buttercup.
>>
>>15063789
I bet you like taking a piss while sitting down.
>>
>>15063630
He said some people said they thought it was bad not that they could not accept someone else thinking it was good.

It really depends on what people are looking for in the series.

There is a lot of people who like the setting and are sick of beam weapons.
Then some go far on saying how detailed damage and whatnot is, but often they go out of their way to avoid showing it because of how detailed it would be and they didn't get rid of the great purple smoke.

There are people who look at the plot as nonsensical and don't like the cast.
However sometimes they go as far as ignoring details to back their complaints and ignore details about the cast.
>>
>>15063580
she's not jewish
>>15063594
And Flit and Asemu
>>
File: 1457276509911.png (2MB, 1300x3660px) Image search: [Google]
1457276509911.png
2MB, 1300x3660px
I liked that they flashed back to this scene.
It's really the point in the show where Orga was led off the proper path.
>>
>>15063998
If only Biscuit wasn't killed off in an extremely railroaded way.
>>
>>15063998
They were never on the proper path.

The revolution was a set up by Nobliss so he could profiteer off of it.

Teiwaz got them to deliver the weapons to Dort.

Dort workers were arming themselves over a union dispute and shot law enforcement over a union dispute.

Makenai used them to interfere with an election after revealing his promises were empty.

Its just they don't rub your face in it and it never bites them in the ass, while they reiterate how bad life was for them.

Often enough their enemies and their allies were working together and they ended up making themselves enemies with the ones not really involved with the schemes.
>>
>>15064066
I actually think the setup is pretty interesting if you view Tekkadan as basically hired thugs working for the villains. I feel like Galio is the protagonist but the show is framed from the villain viewpoint.

I will probably have egg on my face if Tekkadan comes out of this with a happy ending though.
>>
>>15064066
This. People say Tekkadan is invincible, but they're puppets for every single relevant faction in the series. The farming town, unnamed members, Aston, Biscuit, Mika's limbs, Atra in the next battle, Fumitan... everything is the end result of them being white and black hybrid chess pieces in a game played between Earth, Mars, and Jupiter
>>
>>15064085
Its kind of funny, at first I thought Gaelio chasing down Tekkadan was an overreaction, but in context of everything he was right.

They are monstrous, in abilities and mentality about violence, children who are working for bad causes albeit veiled bad causes.

He also has the underdog role against the overwhelming Mika, who at this point admits he just wants to kill shit because he doesn't understand anything else.
>>
>>15064086

That they are apparent pawns does not diminish the absurd amount of invincibility that the narrative has bestowed upon them in any sense.

That you had to stretch to include 'unnamed members' is completely indicative of just how little Tekkadan has suffered. If push comes to shove and they find themselves pitched against one of their 'puppeteers' in Teiwaz I expect they'll kick their shit in with the same ease that they've dealt with everybody else.
>>
>>15063267
Gundam IBO is the best Gundam since Gundam Seed.
>>
>>15064154
This. The mobile armor incident made it worse because of the limiter release. It's bad enough that they had the most Gundams on top of being backed up by a top Mafia, but now each Gundam can single handedly beat a MA. There's nothing that can stop them at this point.
>>
>>15064219
If you look at it Tekkadan make great villains, they have the power and violence that is required, but are also sympathetic.

Its interesting at this point to not Rustal didn't seem miffed that the earth nations got their own armed forces and to this point hasn't shown any ulterior motives to his actions.

Nobody gave a shit that McGillis's father is gone. In fact Rustal was expecting it, Gaelio hated him and the seven stars were more focused on McGillis rooting out corruption.
They were all also angry at Iok's actions with the mobile armor.

We have yet to see them cackling over the food shortage on Mars.
>>
>>15063998
In the end Orga is just running from all his responsibilities towards Mika. Naze said it very well and Orga himself didn't wanted to recognize it.

It's pretty stupid if you think about it clearly. Mika is chasing after Orga's ideals where he aims to accomplish his vision by any means necessary, and this is pushing Orga to have a tremendous strain placed upon himself where he must live up to what Mika expects him to be. Hence why the entire shorted road to achieve their goals shit.

Orga is burned by Mika's overwhelming expectations and Mika blindly wants to make Orga's dream a reality no matter what happens.

Say what you want about IBO but this is a pretty fucked up relation, more so than what we usually get in a Gundam series.
>>
>>15064312
Reminds me of Kira & Flay
>>
>>15064312
I really like the series and story telling. (It's a shame Mobile Armours weren't the focus from the start though.)The only thing I thinks really bad about it is the mech design minus a few main suits.
>>
>>15064331
The 1st cour had really severe problems when it came to some proper mecha action because most of it was filled with muh KUDELIA AINA BERSTEIN shit.
>>
>>15064331
I hope we get prequel ovas or something.

Where did this mf come from
>>
Does anyone have any nice full body Barbatos images?
>>
File: Gallahorn.png (89KB, 455x277px) Image search: [Google]
Gallahorn.png
89KB, 455x277px
Have they made t-shirts with the Gjallarhorn logo yet? I'd buy the shit out of one.
>>
File: Barbatos Lupus.png (531KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
Barbatos Lupus.png
531KB, 720x711px
>>15064453
Yep
>>
>>15063682
Those proportions, though. Did he skipped the leg day?
>>
>>15064521
This is great but it looks choppy as fuck.
>>
File: 9.jpg (107KB, 864x482px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
107KB, 864x482px
Let's be real. He's got 5 episodes to live at best unless they invent some kind of AV-powered body suit, or jack him in like Ein.

Cripples don't last long in Gundam.
>>
File: gusion.jpg (118KB, 600x747px) Image search: [Google]
gusion.jpg
118KB, 600x747px
>>15063682
First Gusion is best Gusion
>>
Thanks for reminding me of Iron blooded orphans, i finished season 1 2-3 months ago, forgot about season 2. great time now that episodes are built up to go watch :D
>>
>>15064603
Yeah, the Pepe frog Gundam was better that Gusion. I agree.
>>
File: Untitled-140.png (689KB, 678x741px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-140.png
689KB, 678x741px
>>15064592
Then try the mg maybe?
>>
>>15064599
awh shit, hope that pic wasn't a spoiler, i'll just pretend that was the pic from end of season 1 where he fights off ein and was bleeding out his eyes. yep phew....
>>
>>15064611
Considering he gets beaten up every other fight, it's hardly a spoiler.
>>
>>15064610
First off, there is no MG.

Second, the one in your pic isn't even the 1/100, its the hg. It even says so on the little card.
>>
>>15064599
He cant, he has protagonist powers, literally cant die but he will sustain tons of mental and physical damage though and probably mourn over the outcome of what happens..... sorta like well most protagonists of everything i guess....
>>
File: 1482855297655.jpg (215KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482855297655.jpg
215KB, 960x600px
>lackey on the cover
>appears it only has a giant sword
Is this going to be a throw away unit? cause that sucks if so. I really wanted to see more of this Valkyrie frames.
>>
>>15064759
This guy is the jobber of the season.
>>
File: Iok is here to save the day.jpg (196KB, 1200x864px) Image search: [Google]
Iok is here to save the day.jpg
196KB, 1200x864px
so what's the plot going to do with Iok?
>>
Berserk fans:

Orga = Griffith
Tekkadan = Band of the Hawk

Think about it.

My guess is they're building up to Orga becoming more and more willing to sacrifice his friends to the demons (Gundams) in order to achieve his ambitions.
>>
File: Barbatos REEEEEVIVED.jpg (35KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Barbatos REEEEEVIVED.jpg
35KB, 960x540px
>>15064759
I hadn't noticed before that Barbatos was leering from the side of the box.

I'll admit I wasn't saddened that Helmwige didn't get its time to shine as I am patient. That said, I was less impressed with the fight its got its sword stolen as a result.

But noticing Barbatos there actually touched a nerve.

It's really sad given that the end of the sword seems to be a detachable club. Just imagine Helmwige pinning something down with the sword that was too tough to outright slice and then battering away at it until the internal components were exposed or it just smacked a limb off.

Speaking of which, Hashmal was pretty impressive balancing on one limb and still fighting.
>>
>>15064798
Orga feels the exact opposite of Griffith. he does everything for his family so I doubt he'd betray all of them at the level of Griffith.

but I could see Orga going griffith route if Mika pulls a guts and just leaves him behind.
>>
>>15064731
I guess that's why they made him a cardboard. Someone in the studio thought they could get as close as possible to a lethal blow because he's not going to care and somehow not realize the problem where the impact is lost with every non reaction. Whoever thought of putting this in hasn't grown out of their edgy teen phase.
>>
>>15064331
>The only thing I thinks really bad about it is the mech design minus a few main suits.
Graze is love. Graze is life.
>>
>>15064804
>Orga feels the exact opposite of Griffith. he does everything for his family so I doubt he'd betray all of them at the level of Griffith.
Orga is starting to show a struggle between caring about Tekkadan and accomplishing his goals as fast as possible.
The whole point of the conversation with Naze was that he's getting too willing to just sacrifice everyone and everything he cares about to reach this King of Mars goal.
>>
>>15064780
Iok is just S2's Carta, but with none of the charm.
>>
>>15064801
>I hadn't noticed before that Barbatos was leering from the side of the box.
It's on all the S2 kit boxes.
>>
>>15064815
yes but griffith built up to fame with minimal loss, had everything and then crashed into nothing. at his lowest point he betrays the band of the hawks.

What Orga is doing is very different. he's blindly charging forward, he is told this on multiple occasions by multiple very different characters. In his blind charge he knows what he's doing is dangerous but still goes on.
>>
File: hg-ibo-gundam-bael (2).jpg (234KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hg-ibo-gundam-bael (2).jpg
234KB, 800x1200px
so will his paint scheme be good or shit? cause as of now he has a good design but a shitty paint scheme can hurt a good design.
>>
>>15064845
I've hardly looked at boxes, mainly due to seeing their art before the box version for the ones I care about.
>>
>>15064867
Probably going to be similar to Macky's other suits, mostly blues with some outstanding highlights.
>>
>>15064903
Well, now you know. It's just the standard graphics of all the S2 kit boxes.

>>15064904
Other suits minus Grimgerde, that is.
>>
>>15064219
Clearly the gundams cant solo ma's since only Mika doesnt pass out from the override, and even then mika is on borrowed time, he has what one or two fights before he litterally cant be unpluged from barbs.

Its also not like it was an easy kill for mika, he fucked over barbatos and it would of been a mutual kill if mika didnt dodge the tail while it was already in his fucking cockpit
>>
>>15064801
Hashmal went down fighting which is more than you can say about some other mobile armors in gundam.
>>
My question is if Gundams were built to fight MAs and they go full overdrive mode when encountering an MA, and said overdrive mode fucks up the pilot, what happened to all those pilots during the Calamity War?
Surely they didn't all become blind quadriplegics since apparently some of them went on to found Gjallarhorn.

Also shouldn't Mika get awarded with an Order of the Seven Stars?
>>
>>15064904
I thought Char clones have at least red colour in their main MS?
>>
>>15064953
He had a red one when he was fighting under his Montage persona, he uses blue ones when fighting under Gjallarhorn.
>>
>>15064953
He had a red one, but now he's gotta play innocent so he's piloting a blue Graze until he can finally reveal himself as a Char clone
>>
File: 1479688003007.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479688003007.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>15064066
This is very true. And I think Orga was very aware that he was being used by Nobliss and Teiwaz but accepted it because he believed that powering through would be the best chance of guaranteeing a better life for Tekkadan in the long run.

I feel like in S2 he gained some weird delusions, mostly fed to him by McGillis (who's going off the deep end himself). He reinterprets his goal to do whatever necessary to survive and build a future to taking the fastest way possible to the top.
It speaks for the blind devotion of Tekkadan that Naze is the first person to ask him why the fuck he's in such a hurry when Tekkadan's status and condition have been improving greatly and it may be time to fortify that position instead of dashing for more unattainable goals.

The only critical voices from within Tekkadan now come from the new recruits, since Eugene has stopped questioning Orga's decisions and Merribit seems to have mostly given up.
>>
>>15064979
Speaking of Merribit.

Was anyone else horribly disappointed with her hooking up with the old mechanic dude despite the show has been teasing her and Orga since she first appearance?

I guess a cougar banging a teenage boy is over the line but a grown man marrying a fucking child is ok.
>>
>>15064993
I am fine with it the mechanic guy is a pretty swell guy and he deserves some love.
So I was 100% cool with him hooking up with Merribit.
>>
>>15064993
Actually I'm impressed Merribit ended with someone at all.
>>
File: Christmas cake tastes great.webm (531KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas cake tastes great.webm
531KB, 640x480px
>>15064993
While I don't mind it in theory, I disliked the way they did it. While they had a few interactions as friends, I never got a bit of romantic vibe from it, while it seemed like she was mooning over Orga in every scene they had together.
It was just surreal how the show then put in Chad as the audience surrogate, while everyone else went "Yeah, it was pretty obvious when you actually bothered to look!"
On the one hand, I have to hand it to Okada's trolling abilities. On the other, I really like older woman/younger man ships and always think it's chickenshit when they pussy out on them.

Though I think Garo is the only show in recent memory that actually pulled through.
>>
>>15065014
that release of sexual tension was great, Leon probably went absolutely ham on her
>>
File: Chad_Chadan.png (173KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chad_Chadan.png
173KB, 360x600px
>>15064993
I wonder who is behind this post
>>
>Hiro is an emotionless killing machine but I had him
>Mika is an emotionless killing machine but I like him
I don't understand
>>
>>15065080
Mika has a sort of innocence about him, that makes him slightly endearing
>>
>>15065080
Isn't it the opposite that is halpening I see more people bashing Mika and praising Heero and Setsuna.
>>
>>15065083
Yeah I guess unlike Hiro he is very childlike in his mannerisms, way of thinking and dependency on Orga.

>>15065084
Maybe it's part of the shit posting campaign people have against iron orphan?
>>
>>15065091
>Maybe it's part of the shit posting campaign people have against iron orphan?
You're probably right.
>>
File: 53201961_p1.png (554KB, 1929x1377px) Image search: [Google]
53201961_p1.png
554KB, 1929x1377px
>>15065080
I feel like in Heero's case the story acts slightly oblivious to the extend of his psychosis.
Meanwhile in Mika's case nobody ever makes excuses for the fact that he's the lovechild of Yazan and Chirico Cuvie. That's just who he is.
>>
>>15063630
>Guts never got to get this fight's screentime
This sucks. I mean it looked better than Autism fight we got instead.
100-Graze slayer.
>>
File: screenshot_454.png (435KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_454.png
435KB, 1919x1079px
Reminder Ein was right.
>>
>>15065196
I miss Ein.
>>
>>15064599
The thing is that most cripples are cripples. Mika is only a cripple as long as he isnt connected to Barbatos. As soon as he is, hes an able bodied individual.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-03-27-23h31m41s5.png (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-03-27-23h31m41s5.png
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>15065043
This reminds me.
Imma watch Divine Flame later today.

I love Emma.
>>
>>15065196
I'm kind of hoping some of the ground troops got Graze Ein.
>>
>>15064946
>what happened to Calamity War Pilots
They put them into the brain jar illuminati
>seven stars
I hope
>>
>>15065300
>They put them into the brain jar illuminati
we psycho pass now
>>
>>15064993

Literally everyone gets cucked in IBO.

Think about it.
>>
>>15064993
Orga doesn't seem that bothered to me

im pretty sure if he wanted to get laid he just drops the line "im the king of mars by the way"
>>
File: IMG_20161229_163809.jpg (227KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161229_163809.jpg
227KB, 1334x750px
謝って。
>>
File: yamazin chest ahead.jpg-large.jpg (117KB, 500x1280px) Image search: [Google]
yamazin chest ahead.jpg-large.jpg
117KB, 500x1280px
>>15065336
yup
>>
>>15065336
Not really Orga didn't show interest in Merrybit.
Gaelio was only childhood friends with Carta.
Chocochar seems like a pedophile or at least hasn't shown an interest in anyone.

Only one slightly close to getting cucked by the loosest definition is Atra and she is the one pushing the relationship.
>>
>>15063594
>>15063979
That makes 3 MC's who have canonically fucked during the run of their show are there anymore MC's who did that?
>>
>>15065404
Are you including ova?
>>
>>15064807
>the impact is lost with every non reaction.
I think it works because everyone around him is super fucked up by how little he reacts. Also there are little hints that its bothering him, just no melodramatic breakdown.
>>
>>15065417
Let's keep it at gundam shows that aired on tv.
>>
>>15063267
you're blind, congrats
>>
>>15065196
he was the best character in the entire series without exception
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nUAhB_azuU This is a song for the S2 soundtrack, but is it for the newer half that's about to come? I don't recognize it and it has a Feb 2017 release.
>>
>>15064759
The HG only comes out in the 28th, I don't think it's a stretch to expect it to appear again.
>>
>>15065426
A breakdown at this point would not be melodramatic.
>>
>>15065479
I don't either, but granted I don't pay much attention to the G Tekk OST. It sounds pretty sad.
>>
>>15065507
probably a song played when Mika's dead in the final battle.
>>
>>15065231
Would be interesting if Graze Ein's schematics were used in more higher ranking MS.
It's a good machine.
>>15065444
If only he got a kill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLN-7SRne0
Despite being this old, Seed and Seed Destiny's OP themes are still great as ever!
>>
>>15065494
You know who is one the writers behind this right?
>>
>>15065529
Aside from the cockpit being a fish tank it was pretty much just a regular graze with bigger limbs.
>>
File: 1479797611055.jpg (143KB, 1228x921px) Image search: [Google]
1479797611055.jpg
143KB, 1228x921px
>>15065371
Translation for those of us who don't speak chinese?
>>
>>15065479
It's probably a Instrumental version of the new ED.
>>
Remember the feeling you got at the end of 0079 series? There's at least relief and happiness to be had at the end of most Gundam aside from Victory, but what the fuck are we going to be left with in IBO? How can anyone get a happy ending?

Gjallarhorn is being dragged into bullshit, society has turned against Seven Stars, McGillis and Teiwaz are working against them at the same time. Gaelio will probably not live, Julietta might be left alone with no Rustal.

And what the fuck with Tekkadan? Atra is never getting her harem end, even if those psychotic retards Mika and Orga die they've already led Tekkadan into territory of getting between the mafia and the police, have made it so most can barely function outside of a life of fighting or labor and Orga just kind of shrugs at the acknowledgment that he's about to lose a lot of people on the way.

The only person who got happy end was takaki.
>>
File: CxsOMtUUsAE9x6x.jpg (38KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
CxsOMtUUsAE9x6x.jpg
38KB, 638x359px
>>15065564
That is what it is.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-18-12h32m02s889.png (635KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-18-12h32m02s889.png
635KB, 1280x738px
>>15065568
Fuck off Takaki no one cares for you anymore after you pussied out.
Ride is our boy now.
>>
>>15065568
i wanted a season 3 or move to have tekkadan vs McGillis' version of Gjallahorn. Because what i can see now is literally Tekkadan and McGillis dealing with Jarsley, Iok alongside Rustal. While introducing characters like Hush which has a great potential of being the "main gundam pilot" after mika. So why not make it another series?
>>
>>15065578
Listen I'm one of the rare people on here that like IBO and the last thing we need is a third season. It's the fault of the writers that they have introduced concepts they've refused to explore while having tons of adequate airtime to do it, they don't get a third chance. They would make the same mistakes, barely develop or bring up characters they already have and instead introduce new ones and run into the same problems. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
>>
>>15065568
>>15065578
>>15065586
They're setting up for a movie
>>
>>15065553
Bigger=better especially with drill feet.
>>15065578
>hush
>great pilot
Should be Chad.
>>
File: 59735813_p0.jpg (360KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
59735813_p0.jpg
360KB, 600x600px
>>15065575
He's the cutest nazi.
>>
>>15065588
>hush
>great pilot
>Should be Chad.
Then why introduce a character like Hush that has a rivalry towards mika who has the intention to become stronger?

>>15065586
One thing that made me furious is that they literally ignored the existence of Jupiter. Jupiter was mentioned in the word of IBO, yet there is no signs about them at all. I mean if there must be some sort of organization that exists and governs the Vicinity of that place right since Jupiter is situated far far away from Mars and earth sphere?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-29-18h12m36s276.png (795KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-29-18h12m36s276.png
795KB, 1280x738px
>>15065610
>Hush that has a rivalry towards mika
Very strong word your using, but to answer your question Hush was introduced to become Murderpotato's nanny/babysitter.
>>
>>15063267
S1 was fucking DOGSHIT.

It is literally my least favorite Gundam, S2, is actually kind of all right.
>>
>>15065610
>One thing that made me furious is that they literally ignored the existence of Jupiter. Jupiter was mentioned in the word of IBO, yet there is no signs about them at all. I mean if there must be some sort of organization that exists and governs the Vicinity of that place right since Jupiter is situated far far away from Mars and earth sphere?

There is probably another Gjallarhorn branch, but essentially Teiwaz is in control.
>>
>>15065587
Nice citation
>>
>>15065602
WOW

Ride is so handsome
>>
>>15065628
by the end of the show or atleast maybe a future move, do you think mika will ever be a full fledged potato?
>>
Why do people unironically mention a possible S3? When was the last time a Gundam had more than 50 episodes?
>>
>Okada doing a Season 3 of IBO
on a scale of 1-10 how mad would this board be?
>>
>>15065742
This board? 8/10
/a/ 0

Also the depending factor isn't Okada. It's Nagai.
>>
>>15065742
Dammit don't give me illusions anon
>>
>>15064908
Indeed, it's about time I realized it. I haven't had any come in yet since I can just use points from my more rewarding purchases to practically get all the kits I want as a free bonus.
>>
>>15064940
No, that was great. I don't mind that Hashmal is down and out already. I mind that they went "Mika sugoi!" in the process. If that had happened after Hashmal lost a leg, after everyone immediately present contributed something, then I'd have liked it more. After all, Hashmal still put up a wicked fight on one foot, enough to still necessitate Barbatos running Mika rampant.
>>
>>15065742
>on a scale of 1-10 how mad would this board be?
Probably a 5
Like with everything
>>
>>15065572
Why does he have bruises?

Please tell me
>>
File: IBODefined.png (222KB, 610x470px) Image search: [Google]
IBODefined.png
222KB, 610x470px
>>15065196
>>
>>15065676
so you enjoyed g-savior more than IBO s1?
>>
>>15065818
Not him, but yes
>>
>>15065782
McGillis wanted to help, but Mika is an asshole.
>>
>>15065080
I think that people like Hiro more than Mika because Hiro gradually became less emotionless as the series progressed.

People say that Mika is emotionless but it seems to me that he has emotions but does not know how to express them. He felt happy for Takaki when he left Tekkedan and he is bothered by Orga's alliance with Chocolate Man but he won't complain because he is so loyal to Orga.
>>
>>15065879
Mikazuki's emotions are similar to Shinn's in that it's very selective. Close friends and allies, sure. Enemies, not a chance. And the only thing wrong with it is how accepting he is when disposing of his foes to a disturbing degree, which makes unsympathetic. it's broken base about the two CGS officers, who were major assholes, but they were tied up and helpless. His complete apathy in killing Crank, and drawing out the battle with Carta to make her suffer. Yeah, he's probably damaged but that that shouldn't give him a pass for how ruthless he is. And it doesn't help the narrative barely explores just how broken he could potentially be when that when that should have been a priority, if the anime staff didn't want to make him come off as such a sociopath.
>>
>>15065909
I honestly feel like Orga is closer to Shinn than Mika. Orga and Shinn always follow the person who flattered them the most(Durandal ,Ray and Chocolate Man).

You are right about Mika. I'm not sure if the writers make him come off as a sociopath deliberately or if its an accident.

People say that the Gundam franchise never delivers on its anti war message but IBO is the most anti war anime I've seen a while.
>>
>>15065676
> pass user since 2016
what the fuck
>>
>>15065909

If at least that were the case. I'd say that Mika's personality is very "convinient", and there's actually three different Mika:s that are used and forgotten as best suits the script (rather than letting his character be organic and actually complicate the show).
>Mika the murderous midget that likes fighting, only knows war and has no idea how to "work" as a person outside of martial conflict.
>Mika the co-dependent to Orga, who only does what Orga tells him and basically erases himself as a person
>Mika the wise negro who doles out wisdom to Orga and Kudelia when they are feeling lost.
>Mika the swagman that makes panties moist

The third personality is especially jarring since it has no business being associated with a person who has the first two. Like, Mika character seriously has no business guiding others, yet it's always Mika that drops #truthbombs to people.

The second personality is also often conveniently forgotten whenever Mika shows initiative outside of Orga. It's like they are half-assing his co-dependency (because he hasn't had any character development in this department).

Finally the first personality tends to be forgotten when Mika goes into his third personality. The two are at severe odds with each other.

The fourth thing isn't really a personality, but Mika really has no business attracting Kudelia. He barely knows she exists. It also detracts from Kudelia's character and it just doesn't bring anything to the show. Kudelia and Mika would work much better if A, Kudelia wasn't attracted to Mika, she just pities him and B, Mika isn't presented as some sort of magical womanizer that just comes across as wish fulfillment.
>>
>>15066133

>Magical womanizer

In fairness, I don't think this is a correct thing to label him as because he's utterly disinterested in engaging with anyone of the opposite sex on a romantic level.

He kissed Kudelia once on a whim, and that's been it. As for how Kudelia and Atra think of him, well, that's another matter.
>>
>>15065942

>People say that the Gundam franchise never delivers on its anti war message but IBO is the most anti war anime I've seen a while.

Really? I think IBO:s anti-war message basically backfires and the show accidentally comes across as glorifying war.
>becoming their own PMC was the best decision in the Orphans' life. It considerably improved their quality of life and earned them status and respect.
>Allying with the Yakuza is a good thing. It gets you allies, friends and equipment you need.
>Being able to slaughter people in the Gundam is super cool
>Merribet just don't understand the importance and dignity of sacrificing your life for a cause

I mean, I can tell when they are going through the motions to make it anti-war, but you really have to align what happens in the story with your message for it actually work.
>>
>>15066133
This is why it annoys me when fans will say, "no, Mikazuki is deep character", and will point out these little things like he wanted to own his own farm, and what not, but it goes nowhere. Whatever happened to that one moment after Brewers where his hand is shaken implying he's repressing his emotions. Nothing was done with that. Instead, we get roaring rampage over Biscuit and terrifying Orga into going into this crusade of revenge.
>>
>>15066199

Mika's bizarre and almost tragic in that fundamentally he's a great -idea- for a character in a Gundam show, but the writers, be they Okada or whoever else, and I remember Okada implying it was Nagai who was responsible for a lot of the curious happenings in the first season, really don't seem to know what to do with him.

Maybe they intended for Mika to be somewhat static for the characters that surround him to be the ones who drive the story onward, and that kind of fits - he's Tekkadan's strongman and resident attack dog, and it's people like Orga and Biscuit and even Kudelia who made important decisions. But if that was entirely the case, they wouldn't try to give him these little moments; him wanting to raise a farm, flashbacks to that important scene with him and Orga which we still don't know the context of.

And then on the other hand, when stuff like that happens, it's like the writers are architects leaving a building unfinished. There's all these little scenes that, if remembered, could actually help build a really intriguing picture, like Mika's gesture with Atra's bracelet, or the shaking hand as you said, or Mika's conversation with Orga where we've got the one in-depth look at how his mind works. Instead things just tend to happen for a scene and then they're generally brushed aside completely.

Remember how Cadel taunted Mika, implying that he loved to kill? His own eventual response to that was a resounding 'Maybe' and it's never been referred to since.
>>
>>15066199
I actually think the contrast between when Mika is killing either emotionlessly or enraged and when he's having a tender moment with Kudelia and Atra to make Mikazuki an interesting character.
>>
>>15066163
I think it's a more effective anti-war story than most. Take Gundam Wing, for example. You see innocents die and people morn. You see characters advocate peace. You see nations get destroyed, Let me ask you, when you watched Wing, did you care? I just found it boring.

Now lets look at IBO. You see children being crippled or killed and the survivors slowly becoming bloodthirsty monsters. You see ideals and honor being dragged through the mud and mocked. You see all ethics and morality tossed aside as people are used as pawns to be sacrificed for greater power.

There's no glory in IBO. No parades being held. No honorable combat. There's no Shining Hero come to save us all. Mikazuki is an obedient monster and McGillis is a scheming murderer. Kudelia is useless outside of politics and Orga never fights on the front lines. Everybody has their own reasons for fighting but none of that matters once the guns start firing. Let me ask you this, is it worth it?
>>
>>15066224
>flashbacks to that important scene with him and Orga which we still don't know the context of.
This is one of the worst things. It is the crucial moment that started their relationship, but we don't know what happened and why. We don't even know if they knew each other before it.

And if we're talking about forgotten plot-points, what about Kudelia's parents? Her father sells her to Gjallarhorn to be killed without a problem, she survives, doesn't even try to contact them and ask what the fuck was that about, and they're completely forgotten afterwards. No conflict, no resolution, no nothing. They existed to be just another example of "evil adults treating children bad", send Kudelia to Tekkadan and start the plot. Once it was done, they were dropped.

The wrting is bullshit.
>>
>>15066247
I can see that and hope the show goes in such a direction with its final act, but I still hear a bunch of guys who treat Tekkadan like they've done nothing wrong.
>>
>>15066250
>They existed to be just another example of "evil adults treating children bad", send Kudelia to Tekkadan and start the plot.

I do recall that her father did that somewhat begrudgingly, but even then, your point is a fair one. I definitely remember her mother just seemed to be apathetic as well.

That's one of the things that's crippling the narrative. It's fair enough to frame Tekkadan's fight as a struggle against oppressive authority but people are people, at the end of the day, not one-dimensional caricatures. Yeah, this is a cartoon, but it seems as though the only adults who aren't or weren't portrayed as either idiots or cackling mustache-twirlers are McGillis, Naze, Gaelio, most of Rustal's camp, the few adults Tekkadan have with them and Mossa, and he's no longer about. I have a high suspicion that the show will turn Naze into a hostile one way or another as well, and then the show will immediately proceed to vilify him solely because he's opposed to Tekkadan.
>>
>>15066278
I'm going to guess pimpcoat makes a move to take over Teiwaz and offs Naze. Tekkadan avenges Naze but the rest of Teiwaz wants nothing to do with them They'll gain a few Turbines while the rest work for Kudelia or something.
>>
>>15066272

>but I still hear a bunch of guys who treat Tekkadan like they've done nothing wrong.

I'm sure there would be less if the show depicted them in a manner that suggested they did wrong.

We can sit here all day and remark about how, to us, they're all being used as puppets by higher powers and Orga has no idea what he's doing, but the narrative has championed them consistently.
>>
>>15066250
More like those threads just weren't that important in the grand scheme of things. All you needed to know about Orga and Mika was that they've been together since childhood and Orga promised there would be a place for Mikazuki,

All you need to know about Kudelia is that her parents sold her out. There may be a reckoning some time in the future but in the grand scheme of things nothing they do can change things.

That, and I'm pretty sure they're setting up IBO for spin-offs. Typical cash grab procedure

>>15066272
Yeah, IBO isn't perfect but it's a step in the right direction.

And really, the way they went after Terra Liberionis was more like a totalitarian death squad than anything else. No warrents, no trial, no due process, just Hello, We think You Did It, Bang.

If anybody thinks Tekkadan is without sin I want you to refer them to the first arc of the second season.
>>
>>15066247

What show are you watching? I see a bunch of PG-13 bullshit with very little consequence. Like for instance how literally everyone survived Ein's rampage. And as for the pawns, this is also untrue. The Orphans aren't really portrayed as pawns. They are portrayed as business partners. Tekkadan is running a business and it's really going swimmingly for them. I mean, I guess Biscuit and Aston died? And Ride got hurt, but he shook that off like a champ.

Furthermore, in a way the show presents war as a necessary means of protecting your own rights. Just take the Dort arc for example. Peaceful protests got shat on. Now compare it to Tekkadan at Arbrau. Tekkadan uses military force defeat Gjallarhorn and they are immediately rewarded with Mars becoming more independent. Clearly, taking to arms is a good thing if you want to live as a decent human being in the IBO-verse. Hell, war is even super safe because we never see any civilians get involved.

Now, if you want actual anti-war message, just take any fucking Tomino show. That guy understands how to show the absolute nihilism of war. Those values you hold so dear? War won't care. War devours all and leaves behind broken and dead men.
>>
>>15066289
>If anybody thinks Tekkadan is without sin I want you to refer them to the first arc of the second season.

I try but they go on about how Tekkadan were justified. To those guys that's enough, and the show does seem at times like its trying to justify them.h
>>
>>15066289
>All you needed to know about Orga and Mika was that they've been together since childhood and Orga promised there would be a place for Mikazuki,

No, that isn't excusable, because their very first meeting from what little we know about their past is presented in a manner we don't understand because it's completely devoid of any context.

These are the two principal characters of the entire show, not some random nobodies. They deserve development.
>>
>>15066289
>And really, the way they went after Terra Liberionis was more like a totalitarian death squad than anything else. No warrents, no trial, no due process, just Hello, We think You Did It, Bang.

But the show never portrayed that as though it was something questionable or immoral, because in the show's eyes they were evil, manipulative adults who backed out on a deal and tried to kill them all, and so them being killed and gunned down by Mika in return is perfectly justifiable.
>>
>>15066290
Those protesters weren't peaceful the moment they were armed.
>>
>>15066290
Buranki Bubuki is more of an anti-war show than IBO is.
>>
>>15066305

Yes, but remember that before their show of force peaceful protest, they had been lobbying to no effect? The reason they tried to show of weapons was a desperate last resort.

Violence is a good thing in the IBO-verse. It garners you wealth, status and power. There's also no downside to it. Few die, and no one in Tekkadan that has suffered any mental trauma. Apparently they found a cure to PTSD or something. Hell, throwing away your life is portrayed as a noble thing (as Ride wins the argument against Merribet at the end of S1).

Like, the directors might think they are writing a story about the horrors about war, but their storytelling is waaay to immature and naive.
>>
>>15066289
>All you need to know about Kudelia is that her parents sold her out. There may be a reckoning some time in the future but in the grand scheme of things nothing they do can change things.
I'm not asking for every character to become kangz and shit like Orga. I just want them to feel more like actual characters, instead of just chess pieces the writers use to cause a situation and then drop. They were her parents, there should've been some acknowledgement of what they did, even if it was just Kudelia telling them to fuck off by mail.
>>
>>15066305
They had opened fire before the protest. That would have been enough for Gjallarhorn to stomp them out. The bomb is just overkill and a measure to make us sympathize with the workers.
>>
>>15066315
>(as Ride wins the argument against Merribet at the end of S1)
Hey, they can still laugh, so it's perfectly fine!
>>
>>15066320
Wasn't the protesters having weapons allowed by Gjallarhorn so they had an excuse to take control of the colony?
>>
>>15066290
Tekkedan are pawns to McGillis and everyone except Orga knows it. The problem is that no one from Tekkedan is willing to tell Orga that this deal is a bad idea.

>>15066295
Tekkedan is not justified but they are not the monsters that some fans make them out to be.

IBO is weird because it seems to be really anti war based on how messed up the characters are but at the same time the characters are benefiting from war.

I think the writers were trying for grey morality but wound up contradicting their own message.
>>
>>15066290
>Tekkadan is running a business and it's really going swimmingly for them.

Tekkadan is doing fine because they're a millitary power. More than that, they aren't treating their members as pawns. In fact, in the Ghjallerhorn-Arbrau conflict they did get treated as pawns and suffered because of that. Moreover, it wasn't a fight Tekkadan even wanted but rather got dragged into.

Now Dort was a complicated affair that was manipulated by both Gjallerhorn and McGillis and ended up a shitstorm for everybody. Sure, a peaceful protest turned into a bloodbath but that was so Ghjallerhorn had an excuse to kill the dissenters. This backfired as the entire thing was leaked to the public.

IBO is far more complicated than your typical Tomino kill fest but that's part of why it's better. For your standard Gundam show you see people disappearing in a pretty explosion. You rarely see people being maimed or corpses litter the streets. And really, people dying is the worst thing that seems to happen. You don't see the ruination as economies strain to pay for armies. You don't see people being drafted against their will. You don't see people being broken by war just killed. Death has become cheap for anime and just seeing people killed in battle is no longer enough.
>>
>>15066301
Only in the abstract. Yes, in the wider scale it was justified but the devil is in the details and if you neglect the details of any show you loose the quality.
>>
>>15066328
More like arranged by Gjallerhorn. They still killed them for having weapons.
>>
>>15066350

Well...

>You don't see the ruination as economies strain to pay for armies

We don't see that, that's very true. Not even here.

>You rarely see people being maimed or corpses litter the streets.

No, instead you see people hurled into the uncaring void of space, or vaporized by nuclear weapons, or reduced to atoms and memories in the searing fireball of their exploding mobile suit.

>You don't see people being drafted against their will.

We don't see much of that here either, barring the Brewers, and they've barely gotten enough focus for that to matter.

>Death has become cheap for anime and just seeing people killed in battle is no longer enough.

So what does IBO have to focus on otherwise?

One scene of a civilian massacre, which even in Gundam has been done before, like in F91? PTSD, which doesn't even seem to exist in IBO's universe? The fundamentally broken nature of a lot of Tekkadan's fighters may have been something if the show elected to try for moral ambiguity instead of depicting Tekkadan as noble crusaders striking out against scheming adults and The Man who wants to keep them down.
>>
>>15066350
Lip service. That's all Tekkadan has. Orga keeps spouting how he'll keep the orphans safe, but he's doing that by putting them in the most danger possible, and even he gets called out on this by Naze.

No, nothing is complicated about this series. All it has is introduced and later abandoned plotlines to give the illusion of complexity. Most adults are evil and the orphans are the victims, and thus justified to use any means necessary to survive.
>>
>>15065784
It's implied that his step dad is a pedophile between both the bruises and the fact that we saw him with other little blond boys when he was meeting that pink haired politician in season 1.
>>
>>15066301
>But the show never portrayed that as though it was something questionable

It's without question only because it remains in character for the kids.

The fact that this is the character of Tekkadan all the way back to their CGS background still stands as the show's reigning "this shit ain't right" soapbox. Kids shouldn't be doing yakuza shit at such a young age, yet this is the path they walk as child soldiers turned PMC. So while they have their reasons in personally executing anyone found to have ties to acts aimed at undermining Tekkadan, it's still a fucked up state of affairs that the viewer shouldn't be throwing their full support towards.
>>
>>15063598
>>15063580
She wants to have kids. Atra just thinks she's not good enough for Mikazuki. So she wants him to have Kudelia.
>>
>>15065722
No instead of becoming a potato he wil become a bean, a REAL HUMAN BEAN only after reaching UNDERSTANDING ofcourse.
>>
>>15063267
Because the first half the entire series was fucking awful save for
MUH KRANK or w/e the fuck that fag was crying about and MUH CARTA man
You have to be blind to not think that S1 was bad and you can probably watch S2 and just ignore S1 and still understand the majority of it. Don't get me started on the QUALITY of S1 compared to S2
>>
File: CzP8fiDUoAID7bA.jpg (127KB, 1156x990px) Image search: [Google]
CzP8fiDUoAID7bA.jpg
127KB, 1156x990px
>>15065564
Speaking of the new ending here is a small preview of it

https://twitter.com/yutax1051/status/814515403024056320
>>
Just wondering, since situations of child exploitation (whether for labor or military use) actually exist: do you guys think the adults involved are actually good people deep down? Do you think it's necessarily bad to show that people who make profit off kids slave labor or when groups employ child soldiers that it means adults are all evil and horrible? I'm honestly wondering how the fuck you can show adults that facilitate that situation and then be upset that they're all bad. This happens in real life, and yes those adults are assholes.

I'm wondering because in plenty of situations like the Middle East/North Africa, highly stratified oligarchies, situations of imperial royalty and the likes, you do get incredibly corrupt people through nepotism, you do get family selling each other out, you do get people trying to protect their power by any means necessary, so I don't get what's the point in being mad about it when it really happens.

Just like Tekkadan, from what we see, is literally a borderline/actual terrorist group. They are mercenaries and like some weird mix of people who pretend to be like blackwater but actually are more like guerrilla fighters and hired thugs. I'll eat my hat if Orga's goal is shown to be a noble one. Wanting to become the sovereign of Mars, Mars Royalty, was an idea literally sold to him by a dude who just smirked evilly in the last episode and talked about how force and destruction is necessary. I think Orga's a shitty leader.
>>
File: C0hTujnVIAAudoC.jpg (108KB, 800x641px) Image search: [Google]
C0hTujnVIAAudoC.jpg
108KB, 800x641px
>>15066407
This is my take as well, of Couse the show can prove me wrong and Atra may simply be retarded, but IMO she is not be as damaged as the Human Debris kids, but I’m sure she considers herself shit next to Kudelia
>>
>>15066492
I'd argue that Orga is a good leader. The real problem is that his friends respect him too much to question him because he is the one who guided Tekkedan to prominence.

Its obvious that Mika and company do not like working with Chocolate Man but they won't tell Orga how they feel. If Mika would tell Orga that this 'King Of Mars' deal is sketchy, I believe Orga would stop working with Chocolate Man.
>>
>>15066510
It's pretty sad since we literally got Eugene saying "I don't get it but okay"

None of them even seemed to understand why Orga wanted this, just blindly trust it will make their lives better, even after Takaki says more people will die, they just accept it.
>>
File: CwkNEtqUAAEtr2n.jpg (147KB, 768x720px) Image search: [Google]
CwkNEtqUAAEtr2n.jpg
147KB, 768x720px
>>15066509
>but I’m sure she considers herself shit next to Kudelia
Who wouldn't? Every girl in IBO is a prostitute or lame. Kudelia is LITERALLY the most powerful woman in the show
>>
>>15066510
>>15066524
I think the point they are trying to make is that biscuit was supposed to be the guy who would disagree with Orga, but after he died they all went completely off the rails.
>>
>>15066492
It's because people are retarded and literally feel like IBO is saying "adults are evil" just because many adults in their situation are shitty. It makes no sense for them to not be shitty. Merribit and Mechanic dude are shown with nuance, same with Naze Turbine, same with Rustal, even Gaelio. Plenty of adults are fine or even victims themselves, but people are whining for adults who supervise kids becoming terrorists or working themselves to death are shown with little sympathy.
>>
>>15066538
Takaki became close but didn't have what it took to be Biscuit, his heart was too soft. Biscuit was a good person, he even helped execute their superiors, but he was also smart and educated and had better morals than the rest and more of a reason to fight. He was not as easily led or manipulated like Takaki and now Eugene is. He really was one of a kind and they suck and are worse off without him. The worst is that his death was written so stupidly that I can't even feel sad.
>>
I hope to have someone as supportive as hush one day
>>
>>15066545
Hey who knows, maybe Takaki comes back after shit goes really south and tell everyone that they are wrong for doing this.
It is a possibility since he did seem dissatisfied how things ended and how he left.
>>
>>15066588
What are those two schmucks thinking?
>>
>>15066594
Hush probably respects Mikazuki even more since he's so chipper after being even more handicapped then buddy who committed sudoku

Probably feels like a REAL dick for calling him Industrial Waste earlier this season.
>>
>>15065572
Bruises from AV surgery?

Plus that book page look like a Gundam kit infor page...
>>
File: 7474374.jpg (359KB, 591x841px) Image search: [Google]
7474374.jpg
359KB, 591x841px
>>15066588
>>15066594
>>15066599
Funny how he kind of hated Mika at first but now he is his BFF
>>
>>15066588
Image of Hush carrying Mika with a baby carrier when?
>>
>>15066492
I don't think they're good people, I just feel IBO lacks something in terms of presentation. Hell, Orga hiring more child soldiers should be a bit of a warning sign.
>>
>>15066599
I meant more Ride and Shino.
>>
>>15066616
I feel IBO is more honest about those kinds of adults than most series, as someone who comes from a muslimshit country.

But I agree with you on Orga. The fact that Tekkadan only showed people how effective child soldiers were and seemed to make it more popular in the world and that Orga is just okay with Naze and Takaki warning him that more of his own will die on the way to his "goal" is a strange thing to never really be called out or shown that he's becoming a bit like the adults that used him. He might be justifying it with some long term goal, but he's trying to get there fast and is willing to shed others blood for it rather than take his time or get a goal that doesn't involve keeping everyone he knows trapped in their miserable shitty lives.
>>
>>15066610
There was one where dane carried Mika in his jacket like a baby carrier.
>>
>>15066492
Tekkadan gives their child soldiers food and a good wage.

Tekkadan is so good
>>
>>15066542
>Naze Turbine,
The gangster
>>
>>15066683
Tekkadan really should be giving way more of these kids an "out" like Takaki had but then again there's only so much they can do without disbanding it. They need more funds, and killed off all the adults that would have handled the funds, and mistrust or drive away others. They now secure the loyalty of their own with raises and food but are still using them, and in the end it's because of Mars' lack of options for them elsewhere that they're all kind of stuck there.
>>
>>15066702
He is a gangster. So? There are also corrupt politicians. But they are still shown with nuance. Naze Turbine is shown to care about the kids despite being a horrible influence on them. It shows that not all adults are "wah wah evil" in the show.

Not to mention since S2 had a couple year timeskip, Orga's probably officially an adult now, even if none of the older people around him see him as one.
>>
>>15066705
If you think about it, disbanding would have been the best ending for them after season one. They did the job, got the money, and had a good relationship with Teiwaz. Odds are, they could've hooked up the ones that wanted out of combat with stable jobs on Mars, Earth, or Jupiter.
The only issue is that Tekkadan is a family and would rather die together than live a peaceful life somewhat apart
>>
>>15066492
But you don't want to over do it, or else you create a situation where the audience is just apathetic, "Well, everything and everyone is crap so why bother getting emotionally invested", or the opposite spectrum and some viewers become fanatically attached to Tekkadan that they see nothing wrong with what their doing. This is why execution is important. While it won't stop some people from misinterpreting, but the writers are at least clear on what they're going for.
>>
>>15066631
>becoming a bit like the adults that used him
Not quite.
The CGS guys regularly beat, possibly raped, and often used the Human Debris as diversions and meat shields. Orga would not send anyone into combat against their will, would not trick anyone into being a diversion, and gave all the Human Debris their freedom and dignity back. While the CGS guys literally *owned* their child soldiers, Orga only asks people to follow him, and never resisted allowing anyone to quit and even gave severance pay to all those 1st Unit guys who didn't want to join the new company, and arranged for a new job for Takaki when he quit. Sure, their lives are endangered by following Orga on these missions, but no one is forcing them to do it. Even if you consider his leadership questionable and/or misguided, even if Orga's reckless plan results in a lot of casualties amongst those voluntary mercenaries, that still doesn't put him anywhere near the level of the CGS guys because everyone in Tekkadan chooses to be there.
>>
>>15066736
Dude, the Gjallarhorn characters in both JP fandom and western fandom are more popular than Tekkadan, and almost everywhere I go, from here to shitty forum discussions, people are disturbed by Mikazuki or have an issue with Tekkadan's methods despite liking them or caring about them. Whatever fanatics that think Tekkadan can do no wrong are in the minority, it doesn't matter, that's just a matter of stupid fans. The only time I saw that as a real consensus was when Tekkadan were up against Carta, because people were angry about Biscuit. Even then you had plenty of people disturbed.
>>
>>15066741
Comparisons to CGS is just reflecting off the main issue. Orga is still using child soldiers. He's putting them in the most danger possible because of his toxic friendship with Mikazuki. The troubles aren't blatantly wrong, but their are still issue nonetheless. You could say that him making a "home" for orphans in a PMC and instilling a "die for the cause" mentality is just as bad.
>>
>>15066741
I said a bit like. I'm not making the false equivalency, only that there are a lot more options (though I understand the difficult situation they are stuck in has more to do with Mars' greater politics and the lack of options available -- even most of Orga's connections had to be ones that weren't "respectable" past Kudelia and Makanai) that don't seem to be utilized at all or even considered. They follow him willingly because they are, for the most part, children who grew up with these other boys and have no family outside of them. The lack of options outside, lack of alternatives, and the bonding they had all done through trauma and necessary survival means there's not a lot of agency there with all of the people who blindly and retardedly follow him. His goal is ridiculous right now and he's an idiot for trusting McGillis.
>>
>>15066754
Yeah exactly this. Anyone who is arguing this knows that Orga is not like a bunch of child abusers that starved children, diddled them, beat them to take out frustration or anything like that. But he is absolutely continuing a horrible legacy they started and his only plan to get out of it is "let's all possibly die more and as fast as possible so we can get rich and be taken care of"
>>
>>15066710
Working with Tekkadan doesn't make him a good person.

>>15066760
Working on warships hardly seem charitable.
>>
>>15066780
Helping out girls who are prostituted and used and giving them a safe haven when they have no other options available is a pretty decent thing. No, he's not "good", but who in the series is? Tekkadan's youngest members maybe. Gaelio's little sister. Children basically.
>>
>>15066787
The old lady.
>>
>>15066787
Fumitan was also a relatively good person in a tough shitty situation. Most good people in that world would not be immersed in the world of Tekkadan, Teiwaz or Gjallarhorn, and would not be associating with them, though there are complex (morally, not writing-wise) people that exist within all.
>>
>>15066787
He could have tried to help them get a nice job.
>>
>>15066800
What opportunities on Mars are there? And with his reputation, good people would not want to associate with him or hire people associated with him. "Good" as in upstanding citizens, not like they are going around and saving women in the situations he saved.

What about the ones that were young mothers? Traumatized from being child prostitutes? He takes care of them. Sure, in an ideal world, he would have sent them all to university, but once you grow up the way many of them did that's not even an option for them. I'm sure he's going to let Lafter leave if he finds out she's in love with another man and wants to maybe start a family of her own. No, he's not very proactive in the way Orga isn't at all, but I'm not saying he's a wonderful person. He's just not evil like people claim all adults are painted here.
>>
Really, what is the government even like on Mars? I don't think we've even seen a government official. Of course, then you wonder why Kudelia and not an official was making this deal with Abrau, and that Kudelia didn't seem to be in contact with any officials on Mars that specifically sent her there. Don't know how she was able to set up the meeting in the first place or why Abrau would even give audience with her in the first place. The more I think about this the more convoluted I find this series.
>>
>>15066854
if Orga is to become the kang of mars they should probably invest a bit of those 20minutes of talking they do every week to estabilishing how current martian government works
unless it's ancap, but with ghallahyohn overseeing
>>
>>15066890
>>15066854
But it's already established that Mars is not allowed to be sovereign, not fully, kind of like what Zeon had but not quite. Gjallarhorn has representatives there as well as all of the earth economic blocs do, but it's basically a business opportunity and less colonized and populated and a giant slum. There have been business playgrounds like it before, especially in colonies.
>>
If Orga becomes the king of Mars. . . WILL KUDELIA BECOME THE QUEEN?

Will they become lovers and have a child named Mikazuki?
>>
>>15066854
Mars is split into 4 territories, each under the control of one of the 4 economic blocs of earth with gjallarhorn enforcing this rule. Iirc Kudelia's dad was the government representative for Chrys.
>>
>>15066812
Teiwaz has a bunch of subsidiaries a few of them are probably legit.

Warships are hardly the best place for traumatized people.
>>
>>15067032
Well yeah, the pimp/other teiwaz dude mentioned that it's fucked up that he lets them fight and operate a warship. In the kind of wartime and lawlessness they all have, especially gangs, you can't operate on black and white morality. You're still not proving he's an awful person by proxy of being an adult like was mentioned in this thread. His main wife does the same thing.
>>
>>15064798

So...is Akihiro gonna get taken over by a demon and rape Hush?
>>
The great mistake IBO made was that it introduced an incredible premise with characters that could have been interesting and then just bungled it. Literally made only the wrong decisions, as if on purpose.

First off the story begins on Mars, a poverty-stricken slum like a planetwide Brazilian favela where people scrounge out an existence in a corrupt hellhole ruled by PMC groups and an out-of-touch governing empire that really doesn't care about them aside from half-metal.

And then we immediately leave that setting and we still don't know what Mars is like beyond that it's apparently shitty. Like we're only starting to get any kind of info on Mars and its governing structure and the setting NOW. Halfway through S2. It's absolute dog shit.

Add in the tensionless fights and incredibly dull and static MC who is literally a 1 trick pony where all his fights are the same all the time and really, how could IBO not be a letdown?

This show is trying to be too many things and it's not being any of them well. It's confused.
>>
Consider this. Orga can easily just put Mika on the bus saying that he found a way for him to reach "that place". Have him work with some agriculture experts on Martian crops. During the final arc, have Mika return, thanking Orga for showing him the place he desired.
There. Alright enough ending to Mika's character arc. Of course this requires them to give him a motorized wheelchair
>>
Wherever this Orga dark side drama leads, it won't change that it should have happened in S1
>>
Nice blog post.
>>
>>15064865
This. Griffith pulled a HUGE upset of a betrayal, but he was a level-headed leader before that.

Orga has never been wholly comfortable as leader and never entirely known where they were headed. Gjallarhorn was going to wipe them out so they took charge and overthrew their bosses rather than die. Then once they had they had no other business opportunity but for Kudelia's escort, and everything in S1 was just one more part of a downward spiral still clinging to that job. Biscuit flat out wanted to quit at one point because they'd done enough getting her to Earth, but Orga saw no other way to go but to see it to the end. Because what the hell else were they going to do? Just leave, go back, hope she didn't die and make all their work meaningless?

S2 is just more of the same. He's being led along on a path and each step he takes is shakier than the last but he can't figure out an alternative.
>>
>>15067082
But anon that's what this place is. 72 anons blogging at each other.
>>
>>15067107
>72 anons
>72 demons
>72 gundams
what does this mean?
>>
>>15067111
72 anons are gundam
>>
File: setsuna-f-seiei.jpg (68KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna-f-seiei.jpg
68KB, 500x281px
>>15067121
Does that mean we are also Setsuna?
>>
>>15066900
Then why would Makanai agree to give up the half metal? How does that benefit him? Also shouldn't the 4 blocs each have representatives on Mars to look over their territories and resources. We're told "this will help that" in vague terms but the setting hasn't been properly defined for us to know how it makes sense within the setting.
>>
File: VidarFM1.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
VidarFM1.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
>Gundam Vidar kits selling very well across Japan

Like this should even shock anyone.
>>
File: Vidar standing about.jpg (169KB, 1282x949px) Image search: [Google]
Vidar standing about.jpg
169KB, 1282x949px
>>15067235
Vidar is awesome.

but remember that art where lupus vs vidar... thats not going to happen huh? Lupus is kinda broken, same with Mika.
>>
>>15067248
Vidar isn't going to do anything
>>
File: 60635018_p0.jpg (421KB, 1132x1160px) Image search: [Google]
60635018_p0.jpg
421KB, 1132x1160px
>>15067264
That's my greatest fear so far in this season
>>
>>15066364
>We don't see that, that's very true. Not even here.
We do see the people of Dort being virtually worked to deRH

>No, instead you see people hurled into the uncaring void of space, or vaporized by nuclear weapons, or reduced to atoms and memories in the searing fireball of their exploding mobile suit.

This is part of my point. In a typical Gundam anime people die in pretty explosion. Just pop and they're gone. In IBO you see people being crushed inside their own cockpits. Sometimes slowly even. It's far more terrifying.

>So what does IBO have to focus on otherwise?

Fates worse than death.
>>
>>15063257
Why is Iok getting more and more stupid as the series goes on? Rather, why do Tekkadan's enemies seem to go full on retard sometimes?
>>
>>15067427
Because that's the only way Tekkadan can win.
>>
>>15067287
I hate to rain in your parade but unless Vidar is the final boss he is not going to wreck anything.
>>
>>15067485
Not even that hot mechanic?

SHAME
>>
File: 1482276516954.jpg (300KB, 800x779px) Image search: [Google]
1482276516954.jpg
300KB, 800x779px
will we ever see this happen?
>>
>>15067049

Or just look at what happened to Akihiro's family and can you say a warship is not the best option for them?

Can't wait for two weeks when we finally get Turbines Backstory Part 2 so we can see how desperate Lafter was to change the mood. Almost all the R-18 stuff is AkiLafter, no Lafter getting raped by faceless men and reduced to Human Debris

Yes, I checked her Pixiv Tag and there was only two rape pics of Lafter just to verify that

>>15067143

Because Kudelia has the most connections in the Abrau branch, by deregulating it means that it operates on Abrau's full authority and she can set up anything she wants for it. However this would also attract a lot more unwanted attention that Gjallarhorn doesn't want to put actual training into putting down. Part of McGillis' whole job was to make sure shitheads like Coral did his job.
>>
>>15067558
And how did she get those connections? Why would the Abrau government even bother with this girl? As I was saying, we're simply told how this would help, but nothing has been shown in the setting of how it will and how the situation was built up in the first place.
>>
tfw Guts has more development then Mika.

Mika was born, became a character with a specific set of skills where all battles are now the same, pressed into an unmalleable mold of feeling everything in relation to the achievement of Orga's goal for the family or extended family, and then death.

Which is honestly fine. He is The character of a tragic survivor story so I guess you can narrow the important factors of his backstory down to "He fought, he survived" and if I ever try to frame his mindset I basically think of a childlike circular logic of "A victory for Orga is a step towards his dream/place/ideal. The step is unavoidable, Orga's choices all lead that place" or maybe just 'Orga Makes Choice -> Fight -> Repeat' flowchart.

I like it so far, episode 38 was good. Any chance of season 3?
>>
File: Execution in progress.png (481KB, 350x580px) Image search: [Google]
Execution in progress.png
481KB, 350x580px
>>15067570

During a visit from Makanai when he was still in power she was able to provide him with enough information that deregulating the half metals will help Abrau out in the long term. However her family is too well accustomed to the way of life as well as seeing what happened to the failures.

Hell she has to use a third rate mercenary group because everyone else knows how it amounts to suicide.

Not included, the guy about to be executed before a crowd.
>>
>>15067143

Usually, deregulations benefits everyone economically. Mars becomes more economically independent, which increases its purchasing power, which means that Arbrau can start selling Arbrau made goods to Mars in exchange for half-metal. Sure, half-metal probably becomes more expensive, but it's likely not as big a chunk of the market as consumer goods.

The reason half-metal was regulated was probably because of an intended impoverishment policy to stop Mars from becoming economically independent.
>>
>Isurugi's report stated that Gaelio went out alone in the Kimaris during the Battle of Edmonton

What? I thought he went out with Ein?
>>
>>15067729
You know what a "lie" is, right anon?

I mean, why would they exclude the cybernetic monstrosity weapon from the official report to the organization that views any form of cybernetics as an abomination?
>>
>>15067297
>This is part of my point. In a typical Gundam anime people die in pretty explosion. Just pop and they're gone. In IBO you see people being crushed inside their own cockpits. Sometimes slowly even. It's far more terrifying.
You talk as if IBO is the first gundam doing it. What about all the times we see people covered in shrapnel inside their cockpits? What about Nena being impaled by the Regnant's finger? Or Nicol being cut in half and the helmet filling with blood? Or all the microwave deaths in SEED? Kycillia's death?

Hell, IBO's brutality has been toned down quite a bit. Remember: we saw Mika executing the CGS guys on screen, but after that, every other execution happened off-screen (for example, Takaki shooting the traitor at the end of the Earth arc).
>>
>>15067297

>Fates worse than death.

Really now? Because there are two individuals or groups of people who fall into that category, and it just so happens that both of them have been dead for the better part of a season.

>In a typical Gundam anime people die in pretty explosion. Just pop and they're gone.

We've had the occasional horribly violent death ever since Zeta gave us Kamille impaling Scirocco on the Waverider's nose. Since 0079, really, if you recall Kycilia. IBO's brand of brutality is nothing new, and clearly those complaints from concerned parents must have had some effect because we're not seeing anywhere near as much on-screen bloodshed.
>>
>>15067764
IBO made those that you mentioned better.
>>
File: 1465570775467.gif (364KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465570775467.gif
364KB, 540x300px
>Any fight scene with Carta Non-Issue
>tfw
Should I be amused or confused? Posing and challenging a bunch of mercs to duels just defies logic, especially if you get out of your MS to do it.

If anything, her final scene with her being all naive and getting stomped by Mika made me feel bad for her.
>>
>>15067828
Terrible animation + Zero Tension = >better
Anon, you might as well cite Naruto and Bleach as a better example.
>>
HOW CAN IBOFAGS EVEN COMPETE?
>>
>>15067764

Oh, I wanna play this game
>remember when Uso's mother got decapitated and her head was in the helmet?
>remember when we get a great shot of the Zeta crushing into Paptimus and impaling him?
>Remember in F91 when that woman with the baby gets hit in the head by the cartridge of one of the MS shooting at the beginning?
>Remember how Chronicle died in V?

Anyone else got some gruesome gundam deaths to share? Should we make a separate thread with webm:s and shiet?
>>
>>15067828

Do explain how, because if you're judging overall effectiveness on the level of violence shown IBO's predecessors have examples of gorier deaths.
>>
>>15067865
Please do so and prove that UC portrayal of death is gruesome than IBO's
>>
I guess everyone forgot about cima's death when it comes to levels of gruesome
>>
>>15067865
Not much blood my friend. Previous directors got pussied out and made animations shitty. IBO made it 10 times better and edgier.
>>
>>15067891

You don't need claret to make a death scene gruesome or effective, as much as cheap horror movies tell you otherwise.
>>
>>15067049
I guess it proves he hasn't done anything good, but he hasn't really done anything directly evil. At least he tries?

>>15067705
>Usually, deregulations benefits everyone economically. Mars becomes more economically independent, which increases its purchasing power, which means that Arbrau can start selling Arbrau made goods to Mars in exchange for half-metal. Sure, half-metal probably becomes more expensive, but it's likely not as big a chunk of the market as consumer goods.

It could backfire and eventually reduce demand for half-metal in general and/or cause the search for cheaper alternative sources. There also isn't much guarantee that income would improve enough to create a large amount of demand.
Also isn't food more important?

There is also the problem that most organizations that seem invested in half metals, Teiwaz and Nobliss have no problem with starting wars to increase demand.
>>
>>15067943

I'm just talking about it from a microeconomic perspective. If Arbrau had absolute monopoly on half-metals it would have been another thing, but as I understood it each of the political blocks had access to Mars. That means the whole business was most likely being run as a Cartel (meaning they agreed on chalking up the selling prices in order to pay for their operations on Mars). In cartels, there's were strong economical incentives to break out of the cartel to undercut the other cartel members.

Short term, deregulating half-metals would have made Arbrau's territories undercut the other member state's profits on the private market of half-metal. Long term after prices stabilized (either through Arbrau dominating the market or through the others also being forced into deregulating to stay competitive), prices would go up again, but now private mining businesses in Mars would get the main profit.

Now this seems like a bad thing, but the private businesses would likely sell their half-metal for a cheaper and more efficient price than the state cartel and the secondary and tertiary businesses a booming mining industry on Mars created would also have benefited earth industries.

Of course, this is boring economics, so an action packed show like IBO (heh) would never go into that and it just seems like the old man agrees to Kudelias plans because she's so damn inspiring and shiet.
>>
>>15064798
If anything Mika is Griffith and Barbatos is the Behelit. Orga is obviously conflicted and doesn't even seem to know where all of this is going. A single word from Mika would probably be enough to make him abandon his plans and settle down.
Mika on the hand went from violent autist to complete psychopath, in the latest episode he literally denounced Kudelias dream and embraced a future of constant fighting.
>>
>>15067975
>Now this seems like a bad thing, but the private businesses would likely sell their half-metal for a cheaper and more efficient price than the state cartel and the secondary and tertiary businesses a booming mining industry on Mars created would also have benefited earth industries.

It seems like they would rather blow up their competition.

Also for all we know Gjallarhorn could be one of the major buyers and be sitting on a 300 year old stockpile of the shit.
>>
What happened to:

Gundam Agares
Gundam Vassago
Gundam Samigina
Gundam Marbas
Gundam Valefor
Gundam Amon
Gundam Paimon
Gundam Buer
Gundam Sitri
Gundam Beleth
Gundam Leraje
Gundam Eligos
Gundam Zepar
Gundam Botis
Gundam Bathin
Gundam Sallos
Gundam Purson
Gundam Marax
Gundam Ipos
Gundam Aim
Gundam Naberius
Gundam Glasya-Labolas
Gundam Buné
Gundam Ronové
Gundam Berith
Gundam Forneus
Gundam Foras
Gundam Asmoday
Gundam Gäap
Gundam Furfur
Gundam Marchosias
Gundam Stolas
Gundam Phenex
Gundam Halphas
Gundam Malphas
Gundam Räum
Gundam Focalor
Gundam Vepar
Gundam Sabnock
Gundam Shax
Gundam Viné
Gundam Bifrons
Gundam Haagenti
Gundam Crocell
Gundam Furcas
Gundam Balam
Gundam Alloces
Gundam Caim
Gundam Murmur
Gundam Orobas
Gundam Gremory
Gundam Ose
Gundam Amy
Gundam Orias
Gundam Vapula
Gundam Zagan
Gundam Valac
Gundam Andras
Gundam Andrealphus
Gundam Amdusias
Gundam Belial
Gundam Decarabia
Gundam Seere
Gundam Andromalius
>>
>>15068026
Got rekt by MA's
>>
>>15068026
Most were destroyed
>>
>>15068024

Teiwaz is a separate problem. It's like saying "there's no point in picking apples because a dog will bite you". The problem here isn't if you can pick apples or not. The problem is the dog, and the dog can be dealt with through other means.
>>
>>15068037
Its not just Teiwaz though. Its the current state of the area.

Also the point was that you point out the theory which doesn't always account for all variables.
>>
>>15068029
>>15068030
How?
>>
>>15068053
How should we know nigga
They just don't exist anymore
>>
>>15068053
They lost fights.

We don't know how many mobile armors or if Gundams got backup most of the time.

Gundams could have been trying to 1v1 MA and their drones.

Hell the seven stars may have taken multiple MA out at once.

Or there could have been 10 MA and Mika is super special.
>>
File: CXkC3OhUMAAt9r7.jpg (82KB, 600x876px) Image search: [Google]
CXkC3OhUMAAt9r7.jpg
82KB, 600x876px
Mika
>>
>>15068026

Was confirmed a while back only 26 remain of the original 72.

Still means we're missing 18 of them.
>>
>>15068051

I'm not making a theory though. I'm providing an explanation why the old man would think that deregulating the half-metals is a good thing. This is different, because it doesn't matter if the old man's reasoning ends up being wrong at the end.

The current state in the area is also not as volatile as you claim. The only guys who can project a real military force into space is Gjallarhorn.

Teiwaz and Tekkadan are small time supposedly compared to Gjallarhorns combined forces.
>>
>>15068075
Didn't say the theory was yours.

The season started out with them being attacked, by pirates, so there is no reason to project military force if they live there.
>>
>>15068053
Didn't you watch the latest episode? They had to separate the MA from its entourage and Barbatos still barely won. Hell, you might even argue that Mika would have lost without Helmwige's sword.
>>
>>15067705
But that only work for Abrau's side. The other three sides will still have regulations, but none of the characters talk about that. They event talk like Mars is a single entity most of the time rather than the divisions it's supposedly made up of.
>>
>>15068091

Yeah, but the beauty of economics is that if Arbrau fucks the other three sides, they also have to deregulate or they'll flatout lose. According to traditional microeconomic thinking, the guys creating artificial trade barriers will stand no chance against a free market and Arbrau and its former Mars territories will actually benefit from them being stupid.

>>15068088

Those pirates were fucking weird. How exactly was he feeding a crew of nine(?) ships or something? Like, exactly what were they pirating? The pirates in S1 I could accept, because they were a single ship preying on a Earth to Mars lane and they had like 5 suits or something. The guys in S2 made zero sense though.

I mean, they are trying to tell us that Mars is barely making ends meet even though they got massive corn farms, but this fucking guy figured out how to support a whole fleet and an army of mobile suits? At least Tekkadan has government contracts and secondary businesses to explain how they get their money.
>>
>>15068074
Not 27 now? They only did just dig up Flauros from its grave a few weeks ago.
>>
>>15068070
That symbolism
>>
>>15068114
>Yeah, but the beauty of economics is that if Arbrau fucks the other three sides, they also have to deregulate or they'll flatout lose. According to traditional microeconomic thinking, the guys creating artificial trade barriers will stand no chance against a free market and Arbrau and its former Mars territories will actually benefit from them being stupid.

Not really no they could impose trade barriers.

>>15068091
If Gjallarhorn is setting a fixed price on half metals, but all mining is still private their isn't any less incentive to innovate ways to reduce costs.

Private cartels are problematic, because they are anti-competitive and are there to purely increase prices.
>>
>>15068145
what symbolism?
>>
>>15068157
*there
>>
>>15068160
symbolism is a symbolism
>>
>>15063257
I haven't watched like 5 episodes already, the last one I remember was when the OC donut steel Mobile Armor activated and there the episode ended, has it gotten worse?
>>
>>15068207
To sum it up, Iok keeps mucking things up.
>>
File: based chadman.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
based chadman.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>15068207
Nah some pretty cool shit happend.
>>
>>15068157

>Not really no they could impose trade barriers.

Which wouldn't change anything.

>Everyone but Arbrau puts up trade barriers in the form of tariffs on half-metals
>For mining companies on Mars (such as Tekkadan) to profit against the tariff, they need to raise the price to cover both production and the tariff
>Which means most private companies will go to Arbrau instead since they can sell their half-metal for less and still profit more
>Meanwhile, the people trying to buy half-metals in SAU and the other non-arbrau states have to pay premium, meaning that whatever products they make out of the half-metal will cost a lot more than Arbrau made half-metal goods
>Suddenly Arbrau is literally dominating the half-metal market while the other nations are literally starving themselves on half-metal
>An economic boom in Arbrau is also great for Mars, not only because they can likely sell more half-metal for a better price, but also because of all the secondary and tertiary businesses that will be employing people and selling wares.
>>
>>15068239
Lalah's son is so stupid
>>
>>15066290
>Just take the Dort arc for example. Peaceful protests got shat on.

Because it was a false flag operation to begin with.
>Tekkadan uses military force defeat Gjallarhorn and they are immediately rewarded with Mars becoming more independent. Clearly, taking to arms is a good thing if you want to live as a decent human being in the IBO-verse. Hell, war is even super safe because we never see any civilians get involved.
>Furthermore, in a way the show presents war as a necessary means of protecting your own rights.

Are you even paying attention? S2 clearly begins with how their exploits has led to more child trafficked into child soldiers. Tekkadan got used like expendables after the "adult" non-family guy controls the flow of information between two branches. The shows actually is about "exploitation" in space africa aka Mars. If you were not suffering from ADHD, you would had also noticed how show implies that education is what needed to uplift the 3rd world tier country with philanthropist projects of private enterprise like those of Kudelia who now is more of a businesswomen (even after pulling sugoi speech moment in s1). It's plenty anti-war given how exploitative the world is shown, just like how it is in Africa.

>Now, if you want actual anti-war message, just take any fucking Tomino show. That guy understands how to show the absolute nihilism of war. Those values you hold so dear? War won't care. War devours all and leaves behind broken and dead men.

Gundam is actually about how we are fucking things for the generation to come, whether be war or destruction of nature or just selfish political squibling . Stop using the term "anti-war" pretentiously.
>>
>>15068246
>S2 clearly begins with how their exploits has led to more child trafficked into child soldiers.

And this doesn't matter at all because with the exception of a few throwaway Debris fodder Dawn Horizon uses the show does not, at any point, deem this to be remotely important.
>>
File: 147843646807919.jpg (258KB, 762x769px) Image search: [Google]
147843646807919.jpg
258KB, 762x769px
Carta is my waifu
>>
>>15068258
ur waifu is ded
>>
>>15068246

>Are you even paying attention?

Yes. That's why I don't need to fill in the gaps of my knowledge with things that literally never happened.

>S2 clearly begins with how their exploits has led to more child trafficked into child soldiers.

Consequences we see nothing off in the actual show. Well, besides Ride who is living the dream I guess.

>Tekkadan got used like expendables after the "adult" non-family guy controls the flow of information between two branches.

One person died. Well and the evil adult too I guess.

>The shows actually is about "exploitation" in space africa aka Mars.

No it's not. There's not actually any scenes that reinforces this.

>you would had also noticed how show implies that education is what needed to uplift the 3rd world tier country with philanthropist projects of private enterprise like those of Kudelia who now is more of a businesswomen

Things Kudelia has done this season: Uh, sponsored an orphanage?

Things Tekkadan has done: Opened a fucking mine, saved Kudelia from oppressors, saved Arbrau, blown up pirates

>It's plenty anti-war given how exploitative the world is shown, just like how it is in Africa.

Haha no it's not. It's really not. If you think IBO is "what's it like in Africa", you have a very very childish perception of what Africa as its worst is.
>>
>>15068255
In a world where Atra vigorously milk Kudelia's tit if she had her way, it is lest of the problems the show faces.
>>
>>15068266
bullshit
>>
>>15068272
>>15068272
>>
>>15068261
So it turns out you are actually suffering from ADHD.
> That's why I don't need to fill in the gaps of my knowledge with things that literally never happened.
For that you need to pay attention too, which you lack.
>Consequences we see nothing off in the actual show. Well, besides Ride who is living the dream I guess.
Because show is about main guys just like any main gundam show? Are you kidding me?
>One person died. Well and the evil adult too I guess.
Congrats, you can actually notice a named character. Too bad you were looking somewhere else throw the entire arc.
>No it's not. There's not actually any scenes that reinforces this.
Prostitution, 3rd world tier slums, child soldiers, unethical operation on childs= show that bombards these is actually not aqbout that, yeah sure. But then it's not my fault you were chasing something shiny while the player played the episode.
>Things Kudelia has done this season: Uh, sponsored an orphanage?Things Tekkadan has done: Opened a fucking mine, saved Kudelia from oppressors, saved Arbrau, blown up pirates
Kudelia manages the pricing of half metal so Chryse gets fair share. While rest of the tekkadan did as part of job and getting screwed over by communication link. you must be those plebbit faggots who unironically spammed "fuck slaine".
>Haha no it's not. It's really not. If you think IBO is "what's it like in Africa", you have a very very childish perception of what Africa as its worst is.

Says the guy who has childish perception of gundam as a whole, one who repeats what others have said online without giving a single thought. It seems even fucking ibo is too much for your attention span.
>>
>>15068270
Just like the rest of the show.
>>
>>15068294
>So it turns out you are actually suffering from ADHD.
or Iron Menstruation is really that bad.
>>
>>15068243
What if they just boycott half metal goods entirely they can't keep up production without a large market.

You're also acting like there is no alternative to buying from mars.

If they started recycling, mine alternative sources and maybe even salvage some from all that debris they'd be fine.
>>
>>15068190
which does not exist until the creator, not some internet fans, states otherwise
>>
>>15067848
ANN propaganda
>>15067512
Never, fujos are delusional
>>
>>15066290
>Peaceful protests got shat on.
It's not peaceful after shots have been fired and tanks are brought in.
>>
>>15066315
They could of gone on strike or quit.

>>15066360
If they were looking for weapons and Gjallarhorn found is one thing.

It didn't seem like the weapons were unexpected. It didn't make sense that they gave them real rifles and tried to make an arrest and then waited to stage them firing first.

Although they got Teiwaz who they aren't close with to deliver them. It didn't look like those trying to make the arrest were expecting them to shoot back.
>>
>>15067895
>claret
don't drink and type?
>>
>>15068074
What episode was that?
>>
>>15068026
Some of them might be in jupiter.
>>
>>15066379
This was never implied at all, they're probably from other kids beating him up for being lower class.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.