[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zeta gundam movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Image.jpg (63KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
63KB, 284x400px
Help me /m/, i need to convince my friend to watch Mobile suit zeta gundam tv show, not the movies. I am not sure what to tell him except that there is some new animation, a lot of stuff is cut out and the ending is different. But he says that it was the same with the Mobile slut gundam 0079 movies, and those were fine. I myself have not watched Zeta yet (I have only seen the 0079 movies, 08th MS team, F91, Stardust memories and War in the pocket), so i cant give him any strong arguments.

So how about it? How do the movies and the shows compare? What are the pros and cons of the movies?
>>
>>15058486

ZETA ANT is one the biggest hack jobs ever to be created, to make matters worse it's Sunrise flagship series and it receives such a joke of a treatment.

They should be ashamed of themselves to even have the gall to show this rubbish in the cinema's. I can only imagine the face of the test screeners who viewed it.
>>
>>15058494
>They should be ashamed of themselves to even have the gall to show this rubbish in the cinema's. I can only imagine the face of the test screeners who viewed it.
>''The trilogy performed exceptionally well in the Japanese box office, far more so than previous efforts by a Gundam series as well as many high profile animated films such as Steamboy. This success is even more remarkable considering the film is shown in a more limited number of theaters than usual. Heirs to the Stars, the first film of A New Translation, came in 3rd place at the box office on its opening week, and the second film Lovers received similar success.''
Sunrise thinks in money, and these movies did exactly what they wanted.
>>
>>15058532
>They should be ashamed of themselves to even have the gall to show this rubbish in the cinema's. I can only imagine the face of the test screeners who viewed it.
Sounds like someone's mad they didn't get invited to a viewing.

People can cry all they want, but it is the canon version of Zeta which also fixes up the UC timeline where ZZ and Unicorn are non canon. And you get a Amuro + Char movie marathon with Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 movies > A New Translation > Char's Counter Attack.
>>
>>15058567
Can one view (and enjoy) the zeta series, after watching the movies?
>>
>>15058567

I was talking about the production itself you dumb idiot.

>>15058532
All this really proves is that the Japanese gundam fan is a bigger idiot than the average Michael Bay movie viewer.
>>
>>15058532
Well there you go even Sunrise, was baffled by the fact these clowns ate it up and probably questioned the IQ level of their fan base.
>>
>>15058585
Of course, just because it's not canon doesn't mean you can't enjoy it or talk about. I'll never understand why people get upset just because a series is no longer canon.
>>
>>15058486
>But he says that it was the same with the Mobile slut gundam 0079 movies, and those were fine.
>Mobile slut gundam 0079 movies.
Anon, i think your friend watched something very different...
>>
>>15058610
Because you're being a dumbads. If ZZ was rendered nom-canon, why was the next big UC push so connected to it?
>>
>>15058661
Except Unicorn is part of the TV timeline, which was cemented by the fact Bandai turned it into a TV series.

The movies reign as the definitive version if there are re-tellings of the same series.
>>
>>15058673
Speaking of Unicorn, should we watch unicorn or RE:0096? And what's the difference?
>>
>>15058673
Unicorn referreces the boosted core fighter from the movies.
>>
>>15058745
It doesn't matter what it references backwards, only forwards.

>>15058741
They're basically the same, minus the OP ED and some scenes being redrawn.
>>
>>15058758
That doesn't work. ANT's ending is never referenced and going by supplementary materials, Kamille's fate in the TV series was a major factor in Char's growth going into CCA. That the movie happens because Char lost faith in humanity, with Kamille becoming a vegetable being the tipping point.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.