[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Diebuster such a piece of shit show /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: q1LBN1GJ6u7rJj3J8xqHB32ywUn.jpg (321KB, 1040x1500px) Image search: [Google]
q1LBN1GJ6u7rJj3J8xqHB32ywUn.jpg
321KB, 1040x1500px
Why was Diebuster such a piece of shit show /m/?
>>
>>15056195
>Why was Diebuster such a great show /m/?
ftfy
>>
>>15056229
Why do you think its great?
>>
>>15056195
Because some things are not just great, but do that in a specific way; and that some people dont just not get it, but hate it and insist they are the not retarded one.
>>
>>15056195
it was worse than Gunbuster, sure, but was still great in its own right. If you went in expecting the exact same thing as Gunbuster, yeah you'd come out assblasted. Next time go in with an open mind
>>
>>15056264
I actually had the opposite problem. I went in hoping for something different from Gunbuster and ended up feeling like I just watched a worse version of it.
>>
>>15056195
Because you're a gundamfag and not a true mechafag.
>>
>>15056195

because that's this this month's shit posting flavor
>>
Because your taste is just shit.

It may not be as good as Gunbuster but it is still one of the better mecha shows.
>>
>>15056195
Boring
And the less like what is arguably the greatest mecha OVA your show is, the worse it will be
But it's okay, I'm sure Diebuster will still be better than the second sequel Gainax announced awhile back

Not that Gunbuster needed a sequel in the first place
>>
GROOVIN MAGIC was one of the greatest songs for a mecha show ever

fight me

https://youtu.be/Ggrt9qtUEHI
>>
File: color9.jpg (236KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
color9.jpg
236KB, 640x461px
>>15056195
Diebuster is a masterpiece.
Its only fault is not being as much a masterpiece as Gunbuster.
The cause of this lies with the character of Lal'c. Nono's affection for Lal'c starts from a completely circumstantial event and suddenly becomes utter dedication and love for no reason whatsoever. It makes sense to imagine it was a programmed behavior in Nono, but that makes the rest of the show be completely unrelatable, as the character of Lal'c is impossible to relate to. She is a selfish, conceited slut concerned only with being seen as cool with no redeeming qualities.
When the show reaches its climax and we're supposed to enjoy the hot-blooded sister/best friends action as they defeat the undefeatable enemy, we're left with a deranged robot programmed to love a random person who looks "cool" to her and a selfish asshole with no character growth whatsoever. Their chemistry is so bad it ruins the action and even the plot. Not even that fantastic ending makes up for it. All they had to do was make the Nono-Lal'c relationship good, since it's what drives the entire show.
>>
>>15056952

The characterization was definitely off in Diebuster compared to Gunbuster, but I feel that part of the divide may also come from whether you prefer real robots or super robots. I personally think the action was better in Diebuster, but the characters as well as the story itself were better in Gunbuster.

I think they took more risks with Gunbuster applying time distortion to the lightspeed travel in the show, which allowed them to explore some interesting dynamics like with Noriko's relations with Kimiko and her daughter or Kazumi struggling with Ohta's radiation poisoning and her own duties, whereas Diebuster adhered more to modern anime tropes like the mysterious girl who holds the key to saving the world and teenagers who inherit strange powers above that of normal humans.
>>
Diebuster would have been better if it was "From the people who made FLCL it's some new show btw it was Gunbuster sequel all along" rather than "Gunbuster Sequel"
>>
>>15056930
>But it's okay, I'm sure Diebuster will still be better than the second sequel Gainax announced awhile back
Did you pull that out of your ass?
>>
>>15056930
Aim for the Top 3? Any more infos?
>>
>>15056195
Because its predecessor was already a piece of shit.
>>
>>15056195
>shit female MC
check
>moeshit
check
>a cast in which most of the characters are female.
check
because he's a generic moe shit for faggots and weebshits.

>>15056659
>Because I'm a moefag and not a true mechafag.
agree
>>
>>15056195

because it wasn't called FLCL 2 as it should have been
>>
Diebuster was a better show than Gunbuster, which was already very good.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.